My local Cabela's like 20 of these Norinco SKS's with the short barrels

My local Cabela's like 20 of these Norinco SKS's with the short barrels.
What's the deal?
Is the import ban gone?

Attached: 20190511_155809.jpg (4032x1960, 2.22M)

No sometimes they just consolidate inventory and clean out collections/local stores. That's why they didn't have mosins and then one day suddenly had hundreds of overpriced ones in every store.

>$549.99 for a Norinco
Fucking Cabela’s

>tfw the last norinco I bought was $150 and that was just 5 years ago

Fuck all this noise.

They had rusted to shit Albanian SKS's there for $430 too
How do they get away with it?

I got a Norinco SKS and 1k rounds of 7.62x39 at a gunshow for $175 back in 2005. I'm really considering selling it now, I haven't even shot it in probably 10 years.

Derailing thread here.

How do you tell the difference between a Chink-issued combat rifle and a Nornico commercial rifle?

Because Cabelas is boomer and redneck centeral and those idiots will buy literally anything especially if they're able to convince themselves its anything of rare value

Ignorance. Average Joe don't know. Same reason for a lot of things in the firearms community like "STOPPIN' POWER" and "Steel case ammo will break your gun". Average Joe doesn't know and doesn't care. He just wants to buy a gun to shoot once then keep in the closet.

but albanian sks's are collectible are you sure? I would buy one.

Paratrooper? I'll double your money if you include the ammo lol

I don't think it's a para model. No bayonet with it but it still has the lugs. I shot most of the ammo up, only have maybe a couple hundred rounds left.

Ah, okay. Still 350 wouldn't be a bad price to ask. I've already got a full size Yugo SKS, just wanted a ugly little Chinese bitch to go with it.

What state? Maybe milsurp trade it ya around. Try the /BST/ whenever that up. Should be soem anons to trade ya for milsurp and classic inna woods raifu

I'm in TX, not 100% sure that I want to sell or trade it yet though, I need to take it out and get her cleaned up and go sight it in again. I've just replaced it with other guns for everything I used to use it for. For hog hunting I have 2 AR15's and a semi-auto .308 now and for an innawoods gun I usually carry my lever action .45-70 or a shotgun these days. I need to take the SKS out and go walk the creek just plinking at floating bottles and water moccasins again like I used to, maybe I'll come to love her again.

One had "made in china" stamped on it in English if the infographic i just cruised by is to be believed.

Sometimes Cabela's/Bass Hole Stops retard out and overcharge for one type of firearm and underchange for another. I picked up a Auto5 for $299 and a old Mossberg for $159, while Mosins where on the rack for $399.

Attached: 1332910118269.jpg (700x535, 35K)

The mosins are corperate buys from century.

Either corporate buy (probably not, since my local store doesn't have any, and it's library is one of the higher performing one that usually gets priority), or someone dumpped their collection.

IFAIK, the only issued ones ever imported into america or the sino soviet ones that either have russian parts, or are made at factory 26 (Jianshe)

I got a brand new Mossberg 500 "Turkey Thug" (just a regular Mossy 500 with plastic camo-dipped stock & foregrip and comes with an extra-full extended choke) from Cabelas for $250 and got them to throw in an extra modified choke for free a couple of years ago. It was in the used gun section because the camo dipped stock had a couple of smudges on it from the factory.

There will be Chinese script on the side of the receiver, opposite the charging handle. Will translate to "Type 56". Commercial guns won't have any Chinese lettering

These guns came from Albania but are norinco. They may have Albanian parts though, one of mine has an Albanian stock with two cleaning kit holes. Albanian guns are made on norinco equipment anyway

No, they imported anything they could, from all factories. And they even imported rifles with non matching numbers built from spare parts, KFS imported rifles especially.

I was thinking about buying a provualt safe from cabelas. how okay are they?

user that's 4 not 20

I work at cabelas AMA

>local Cabela’s library is high performance/priority
Fort Worth or Hamburg?
Sames, has glorious leader Johnny Morris visited your location yet? Scuttlebutt is he’s visiting mine Soon™ and we’re all paranoid

there were others scattered about the different racks, it was weird