Jow Forums media

Recommend / get recommended about Jow Forums-related media
Just saw the first episode of pic related, was pretty fucking great

Attached: MV5BZWRjNDA0NWQtOGQyNy00Nzg4LWIwYWMtMTk0ZDRlOTg1OGQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_.jpg (2764x4096, 1.32M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fVmOWgnr9ik
youtu.be/eniSc_I69zQ
lib.ru/MEMUARY/CHERNOBYL/dyatlow.txt_with-big-pictures.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How is this miniseries? Is it jewish propaganda or is it based?

Only 1 episode to judge it on, but so far it's based. Only complaints I've seen were from vatniks and communists criticizing the depiction of communists as incompetent and the typical "wHy ArEn'T tHeY sPeAkInG rUsSiAn" complaints and people accusing it of being anti-nuclear energy propaganda. If you don't fall into one of those categories of autism, you'll probably enjoy it. Great visuals, great tone, great casting and it does a great job of building up dread and showing how insidious radiation is. Also none of the typical HBO fuckery like pointless sex scenes, thus far.

Attached: 1557459274271.png (900x676, 410K)

First episode was great and really accurate to what happened
My only complaint is that the show buffed the effects of radiation poisoning, people started bleeding minutes after exposure to the core and it's debris, when in reality it took hours or even days for injuries to get that bad

Attached: 1557202832647.webm (1280x720, 2.58M)

As a East European poorfag who remembers the communism, I can tell you: The absolute incompetence of the authorities and regional sekretariat is absolutely true.
As well as phrases like:
>"check the reading. But go and take the good meter from the safe."
is absolutely what was happening in commiestan (and to some degree is still happening.)

It perfectly shows that competences and knowelege of the subject is always secondary to the wisdom and decisionmaking of the party.

It pisses me off that all the Russians and Ukranians have English accents. Same shit as Enemy at the Gates. There's no good reason for hollywood jews to do this.

Fuck that, western actors doing Russian accents is like nails on a chalkboard
There's already plenty of movies in Russia/Ukraine that are about Chernobyl, go watch those

Attached: 5aa8ed6515e9f9195c1a0863.jpg (850x478, 91K)

They either have to go with an all Russian speaking cast, which is significantly more difficult to do, or they do accidents, which if you think is an any way good idea you're an absolute tasteless idiot who has no right to comment on anything.

*accents

It's no harder for an American to do an English accent than it is for them to do a Russian accent. Acting is easy.

But Americans are notoriously bad at English accents. Rene Zellweger managed a decent one in those Bridget Jones movies, but that’s about as many good ones as I can remember.

>Acting is easy.
youtube.com/watch?v=fVmOWgnr9ik

Attached: Quota+movie+about+creepily+rendered+live+action+pokemon+will+be+_f2232f4af94fd42972e68177735cb577.pn (300x162, 31K)

It's still better than making them English. Hell, just using American accents would be better than making them English because it's insulting every viewer's intelligence.

>Acting is easy.
No.

...the actors are all literally British, it's a British production

Attached: 1458850310788.png (400x400, 171K)

>Chernobyl is a British-American historical drama
>American accents would be better than making them English because it's insulting every viewer's intelligence.
Can't be that insulting considering you have none

Its like /ttg/ all over again

Attached: didnt_happen.png (557x488, 518K)

They aren't British you dumb imbecile
[spoiler]One is Swedish and another is Irish[/spoiler]

Attached: 1557615608671.jpg (849x846, 230K)

People like you are the reason actors preach their political opinions all the time. Dumb fuck.

This, kurwa.
Splitting hairs over accent is all these idiots are left with.

A tu quoque and an ad hominem from a simple "No?" That's a big fat yikes from me, dawg. Acquiesce that you're a retard and avoid Chernobyl threads until you grow a little, bitch-boy.

It’s good

Attached: ED8537B0-7CAA-4B11-ABF4-900361D21FAE.jpg (1920x1080, 1.67M)

Fuck You, post comrade Dyatlov memes.

Can anyone recommend some kino eastern European/Ruskie movies that aren't jewish propaganda?

There are so many dialects in the Slavic language that it’s extremely hard to accurately identify each one if you’re not Slav. English has several accents which the majority of the audience could point out

Chernobyl (HBO)

All of them. Jews don’t run the Russian film industry. Start with 9th Company and The Admiral.

Attached: 1557612111981.jpg (720x506, 72K)

Why do keep using that term?

Salyut 9
>Challenger space shuttle parks at the deranged station
>a black shuttle pilot pays respect to the MC and his expendabble buttbuddy
>USSR! USSR! USSR!

Comedy asbestos.

Jow Forums media = kike media. No thanks.

The only guys shown to quickly start bleeding from radiation alone were the man holding the door open to the reactor core, which could be explained away by him jamming that same leg into the wall to keep it open, and the guy who pukes blood on the stairs.

I mean like Western action films (Bourne, Jack reacher, etc) about Russia that aren't defamatory(Jewish propaganda)

Also the fireman who picks up the graphite

Oh wait, it is Soyuz-7
> vatniks going cyka blyat in space and littering LEO with debris
youtu.be/eniSc_I69zQ

What are you talking about?

>Also none of the typical HBO fuckery like pointless sex scenes

Nice

Attached: gv8i2J5.jpg (328x328, 22K)

None... yet.

Just Jow Forums things. He needs to get laid.

>films about Russia that aren't defamatory
>I want films that defend commies
Yeah, um, no sweetie

This isn't weapons related.

Keep your HBO shilling on /tv/. GoT is trash and so is everything else you air.

Great, just when we start getting some traction on nuke power the normies get fucking scared back to China Syndrome/ 3 Smile Island levels.
I love industrializing the wilderness of poor red counties/ states!

I WANT TO FUCK THE ELEPHANTS FOOT.
THE FORBIDDEN FOOTJOB

Attached: 1557118494614.jpg (834x960, 178K)

These actors are from the UK, and fake accents take a lot of effort and tend to make your performance laughable at best.

I have seen ´Brat´ recently. Its pretty good.

>acting is hard
t. emilia clarke

The original Stalker movie

The Terror was pretty Jow Forumsino. The first few episodes were peak naval komfiness.

Why don't you just watch it and come up with your own conclusions?

Attached: 1557370928667.jpg (1308x1198, 443K)

Piece of shit.

Oh no, they did the eastern savages the courtesy of granting them a dignified accent. What a travesty.

I swear, no good deed goes unpunished.

Dyatlov did nothing wrong..

t. slavshitter

I liked it but how in the FUCK is that Jow Forums
yeah man, lets just have british actors put terrible pretend russian accents on

dyatlov did the best he could, what more do you want from a person??

>Chernobyl isn't Jow Forums
Yes it absolutely is

Attached: d122109354bd32356861697188307734.jpg (540x337, 49K)

As someone that works around nuclear reactors....this is absolutely terrifying.
Imagine walking into a room and knowing without a doubt in your mind that you just died and there is nothing you can do.

Someone on /tv/ describe it as something along the lines of
>the closest modern man will ever come to our primordial ancestors' experience of venturing out from the saftey of their tiny forest village and confronting their pagan gods of the wilderness head on knowing that they were dealing with forces vastly beyond their control

#
Imagine the fear. Imagine the absolute terror. Imagine the shock and panic that would race through your body followed almost immediately by cold consuming horror of realizing that there's nothing you can do to save yourself. No bargaining. No valiant heroism. You are doomed. It's like looking into the face of god and seeing that he hates you

The book Atomic Accidents goes into detail about the accident.
This actually happened. When they got back with nuclear tans and said something to the effect of "Blyat, core is gone/on fire" Dyatlov is supposed to have said (paraphrased) "How did you miss it, it's supposed to be right there!"

FUCKING DONE.

Attached: 1557603928154.jpg (960x960, 229K)

Ok but what if you could fuck it?

Attached: 1557641564912.jpg (1910x954, 89K)

Attached: 1557639323992.png (570x586, 341K)

Attached: 1557636080265.jpg (1082x713, 368K)

>Why is there smoke coming from your reactor, Dyatlov?

>that's not smoke. it's steam! steam for the turbines!

I'm disappoint that it started the minute the reactor went to hell and not spend the first episode including all the details that contributed to the disaster and building it up to a climax at the end. The first episode should have been the second episode.

Apparently you'll see the lead up to the explosion in later episodes
I like that they started it in media res, it was a bold hook but it worked

That's like aYour opinion, man.
Sometimes it's a coin toss. Dyatlov has absorbed just enough radiation to have 50% chances of survival. He died of hert attack eight years later.

>Is it jewish propaganda or is it based
This single sentence encapsulated what this site has become.

Answer the question.

Retards have just as much right to be here as you do.

*pomf*

IT'S ON FIRE
>it's the aurora borealis

the show is about russian leadership trying their hardest to ignore the problem and shift the blame all while ignoring the wellbeing of the citizens.

In the first episode, though, the Russian government doesn't come off poorly in a moral sense. There are obvious communication problems, but essentially the government is not made aware of the scope of the disaster in the first episode. The locals are dropping the ball and telling them the core is fine, radiation is low, etc.

>The locals are dropping the ball

no, the man in charge of the power plant is lying through his teeth because he knows if he tells the truth he is going to win an action packed trip to the fucking gulag.

You can literally see how Dyatlov's opinions change over time in the episode, when he walks outside and sees the graphite on the ground you can see the denial all over his face, he doesn't believe it, it couldn't have happened. But as more and more say the core is gone, you can see him think to himself "Oh shit, maybe it is gone." When hes finally carried outside and sees that the plant is still smoking after all most of the fire is out the look on his face says "Oh fuck, it really is gone."

Attached: denial.png (510x511, 235K)

Are you joking? They’re all parroting that the reactor design is safe, all the way to the top.

You turn around the corner and this is right in front of you.

OH GOD OH FUCK

Attached: Elephant's foot.jpg (733x550, 80K)

>My only complaint is that the show buffed the effects of radiation poisoning, people started bleeding minutes after exposure to the core and it's debris, when in reality it took hours or even days for injuries to get that bad

It depends on your exposure. The primary mechanism of cell damage from ionizing radiation is the creation of Hydrogen Peroxide in your cells. AKA chemical burns. How long does it take chemical burns to happen?

Ultimately you die from having too high of a % of your cells killed. This could become apparent over months because you don't have enough living cells left to divide to replace dead cells before your body stops functioning. Or you could receive such a high dose that critical body systems stop functioning immediately. If somebody removed your liver right this moment you would have a little time to live, and you would even feel fine at first. If you keep ratcheting up the dose you end up at the point where the CNS is too damaged to function and you end up with immediate death.

I really, really do not think the acute effects were exaggerated.

lib.ru/MEMUARY/CHERNOBYL/dyatlow.txt_with-big-pictures.html
I'm reading Dyatlov's version of events here which contradict the mainstream version. He claims there was no argument between him and Akimov/Toptunov pre test although admits he was being demanding. He is angry that him and Akimov/Toptunov are throw under the bus explaining how they didn't break regulations with long debunking of technical details. He blames the design of the control rods for causing the meltdown saying when Akimov pressed the AZ-5 button it was like applying brakes on a car but instead of braking it accelerated the car. That's also why Akimov keep saying "we did everything right" because it didn't make any sense.

Lastly he has a new tit bit on Sitnikov who received 2,000 rads on the fatal roof walk but he also went down to help Akimov afterward on the pumps basically basking in even more radiation.

>and the guy who pukes blood on the stairs.
That was most likely him coughing up blood due to barotrauma.

Its a totally valid question

Sitnikov was already a dead man, and he knew it, when he went on that roof he got about 1500 roentgen mostly to his head. He was a dead man walking, might as well try and help.

> that's hydrogen tank

I had a hard time reading this translated into English but I think Dyatlov was implying that Sitnikov as a professional nuclear engineer would have known it was futile to pump water in at that point but you are right. Sitnikov just wanted to help.

Please tellcme the firefighter in background is double exposure and not real person standing next to molten reactor core. Oh God.

It’s real. Workers were sent in one after another for a maximum of ten seconds each to do cleanup work. It’s all about dosage.

large sad :( bless his soul, he only wanted to help

KEK

Lol

What's the best?

I think he made the decision that if he sacrificed himself, that the plant managers would get their heads out of their asses and respond appropriately.

Imagine the soul crushing dismay of knowing you just gave yourself a fatal dose and having that piece of shit Fomin in your face telling you, you didn't see what you saw.

the weird artifacting/glitches on the screen are caused by radiation, that guy is taking in a lot of rads per second but nothing unusual is actually happening.

нихyя, Чepнoбыль

Acute radiation poisoning can knock a person down and out. Look at hisashi ouchi, he threw up instantly and was made unconscious.

And long term it's not the cells dying its your body making the cells wrong. It erases your body's blue print for constructing new cells

>Look at hisashi ouchi, he threw up instantly and was made unconscious.
Are you trying to say he vomited out his consciousness?