Be Ofc. Tim Gramins

> Be Ofc. Tim Gramins
> Pull over vehicle matching description of a bank robbery
> Before you can even put the car in park let alone remove your seatbelt, guy jumps out and puts 4 rounds of 9mm through your windshield (S&W 5906, yo)
> Manage to get your G21 up and both of you run your pistols to slide lock from about 3 yards through the now nearly non-existant driver's side of your windshield
> Bolt out the car to reload and radio for help as suspect ditches his pistol for a .380
> Run at him and again shoot your pistol to slide lock reload a 2nd time for apparently no effect
> Get behind car, reload last mag, try to ricochet rounds under the car LA shootout style but fail
> Suspect is playing gang banger peek-a-boo
> Dive behind tree, line up prone, and put sights exactly where his head keeps popping out as he takes shots at you
> Dome him with 3 rounds
> Fight's done after 57 rounds of fire between you
> Autopsy later shows you hit him 17 times out of your 33 shots, including both kidneys, both lungs, several times in the heart
> 2 of the 3 headshots mangled his face, but only 1 of them hit the brain
> Toxicology report comes back negative for any illegal substances
> Dude kept running and gunning through 16 rounds of 230gr gold dots on sheer adrenaline and rage alone

Any other nightmare stories out there where people were prepared but just caught some of the absolute worst luck possible?

Attached: 230gr-gd.jpg (420x420, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

After that shooting that agency switched to the Glock 17 and that officer carried extra magazines in his vest.

>extra magazines in his vest
As in 2 additional pounds of 9mm ammo number of magazines.

9mm wouldn't have made a difference.
All this story really says is all our pistol ammo is a joke. Rifle ammo that blows the persons shoulder and arm off is where it's at.

whats the better explanation, the cop magdumping into a downed guy or a guy tanking 17 rounds? seems like some historical revisionism with this story

Lel
Reminded me of picrelated

Attached: 6A3EF69A-9EC8-47CF-9BA0-D5F73571BC8A.jpg (636x333, 65K)

Witnesses corroborated it. I'll save you the time and just say that yes, the PD could have intimidated them into lying.

Rifle ammo causes such internal pressure that the body cannot recover from the round. The elasticity is permanently destroyed. Leaving a fatal wound channel.
All this is accomplished through velocity.
Rifle rounds generally travel 2000ft per second OR FASTER. That's all the velocity thats needed to create PERMANENT WOUND CHANNELS.
If your pistol caliber can travel 2000ft per second. It will create the same effect.
If it tumbles as it enters, it will be devastating.

Is a 17HMR revolver the new ultimate pistol?

Attached: CA9098C3-8AEC-4DF3-A68D-4363F35BAF5B.jpg (1250x700, 57K)

No, man. 10mm would have done the trick just fine. Temporary wound cavity is huge, man.

Or certain 9x25 dillon loads. Or certain .357 sig loads. Or less than 2k fps if you're using one of those screwdriver shaped bullets that don't rely on expansion.

Yeah. Keep telling yourself that. Its still not traveling fast enough to do rifle damage. Pistol bullets put holes in people. Rifles put holes THROUGH people and destroy their organs.

I have a 460 Rowland G21
I wonder if I could get a 38-45 Clerke barrel for it, load to Rowland pressure and make some sort of turbo 9mm Dillon Auto Mag

>PERMANENT WOUND CHANNELS
I ain't gonna tell you that you shouldn't reach for a rifle instead of a handgun, but Gramins had both an 870 and his patrol rifle in the car with him. He didn't even have enough time to come to a complete stop before his vehicle had 4 bullet holes in him with the guy standing 3 yards away.

Cooper's fight-to-your-rifle bit sounds good until you realize you have to put down your pistol to unlock the damn thing from a rack while taking fire from less than a 1st down away.

I wish to not argue with you. I agree with your realistic story. All I posted is the fact that its not the caliber that matters. Only the speed at which the projectile is traveling. (Velocity)
Im not a cop. And yes, grabbing whats readily available is the best option. However, thats not an excuse to discount the fact that a rifle, has a higher velocity. Therefore it is a better option given its high probability of inflicting mortal wounds.

Different user here. So should we be carrying FiveseveNs and RIA 22 TCMs? What about Civil Defense 9mm?

Sometime people get lucky...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage

Attached: Phineas_gage_-_1868_skull_diagram.jpg (165x234, 9K)

>throwing all my pistols in the trash. humans are just too strong /k

Glock 40 in 9x25 Dillon

Attached: 9x25 Dillon 65gr XDs 2553fps.jpg (603x1042, 110K)

What's the cost of 9x25 dillon vs .357 sig?

If you buy underwood with Lehigh bullets 9x25 is like $2 more

Yeahhhh, I’m not saying this didn’t happen like this, but this incident probably didn’t happen like this

>45 knocks'em down

Why go through all that trouble when a Glock 20 will launch 60 grains liberty brand civil defense at 2400 fps? You can also shoot 40 cal through it for training.

Sectional density for AP

You again. No one is going to buy your ultra light meme rounds.

Welcome to reality, underage newfaggots.
There are dozens of incidences like this which is why the FBI ended up commissioning the HWFE brief. Having even a cursory understanding of physiology explains this all.

Literally the only singular way to bring about reliable rapid incapacitation is to strike part of the upper CNS. People can sustain otherwise fatal wounds and keep fighting until they bleed out standing on their feet. People can continue to put up a fight with zero heart beat and blood pressure, they can maintain wilful action until they expend all the oxygenated blood currently in their brain and muscle. It doesn't matter if you hit lungs, it doesn't matter if you hit the heart, they can keep fighting. This exact same effect has been known to hunters for hundreds of years.
Sometimes an animal to lay right down where it stands when an arrow finds its mark. Other times they can dump up and run 100 yards away before plowing into the dirt dead.

Welcome to Jow Forums. Lurk moar.

Attached: human target.jpg (1155x759, 1.04M)

I would if it's a lehigh bullet.

Unless you're hunting deer, why the fuck do you care about bleed out time. You cool with getting shot at until someone bleeds out from a permanent wound channel?

They push Mozambique for a reason.

Fuck high speed meme ammo, but I'll posit one alternative to being an exclusive head hunter, because heads move around.

Traumatic aorta rupture. Insta-death in an estimated 80-90% of that type of injury with car wrecks, so probably good for bullets too. Probably.

Attached: bt5-mpd.jpg (400x400, 31K)