Meme or no meme?

Give me some recommendations on what kind of pistol I should buy as my first gun.
I'm thinking about getting a Walther CCP M2 but a few things turn me off:
+gas delayed recoil system (meme?)
+compact
+inexpensive
+supposedly accurate (but aren't they all?)
- single-stack 8 round mags
- only available in 9mm

I don't want to spend a crazy amount of money (these are like $400+), plus the modern design with the recoil system seems pretty neat. Don't really want a Glock since it felt way off-balanced and it's pretty common. I guess I'm looking for a weird gun. A .357 revolver was recommended to me for being super simple and reliable but I want something magazine-fed and won't look ridiculous in my small-ass hands.

Attached: ccpm2.jpg (1350x900, 138K)

>A lot of money
>400$

Kid...

gas delayed is a meme, and the triggers are really bad. A much better idea would be to go with the pps m2

Yo, that's me. Glocks are around $400 used; a new CCP M2 is the same.

How about a Steyr M357, then? Cyberpunk looks and a nifty cartridge?

Shield

There's no reason to get a CCP unless you just want to be "different." The deal-breakers are many:
-trigger pull is a long, gritty pull and then a long reset, that's not good
-goofy as fuck method to field strip it - the M2 is better whereas the M1 was a totally shit design, but it's still not where it needs to be in terms of ease of use
-the thumb safety seems pointless, and it blocks the slide serrations when it's up, which is annoying
-gas delayed recoil system works, but gets hot over prolonged shooting sessions
-dubious build quality (might be made in the same factories as Umarex airsoft guns)

Get literally anything else. The PPS M2 is a lot better. Walther did have a recall about a barrel peening issue, iirc, but the point of a recall is to fix the issue at no cost to the consumer so the recall isn't cause for concern. The cause for concern is potentially any other issues that escaped detection. Walther quality is a little iffy these days.

If the size of the CCP appeals to you, then get a Glock 43X or 48. Otherwise, get a Glock 43.

Disclosure: I shot one for all of 2 mags. Softer shooting compared to a other single stacks. More so than my PPS, and I'm pretty sure my gun weighed more. I don't know how it holds up to 5 cases of ammo though.

>my first gun.
Glock 19, gen 5 or 4 (finger grooves works for me), MOS.
Do not dick around, this is your first gun, this is what you'll keep with you until you die and your kids inherit it. I'm stuck with a Mossberg 500 Marinecote, that was my first gun and I can't get rid of it. Get a G19, then you can dink around with other shit.

>Do not dick around, this is your first gun, this is what you'll keep with you until you die and your kids inherit it.

Sage advice.

get a rifle

get a heritage rough rider to start with so you can know if you actually enjoy shooting guns

Mossberg 500 is a great first gun except you're pretty limited in where and how you carry it.

Their super compact and decent, plus I hesr some countries are planning on using them in Law Enforcment and military.

Buy a full size or compact double stack first. G19 or equivalent (PPQ, M&P 2.0...) by any reputable company (there's plenty)

Looks pretty neat, but seems to be hard to find
Yeah, this was on my radar and I think I'll go check it out in person
-The trigger on it gets a thumbs down from everyone but I wouldn't mind putting some work into making it smoother... but pull and reset seem sucky
-Field stripping it isn't a major concern of mine considering the likelihood of me having to strip it down in a self-defense scenario is close to nil
-Walther quality and quality of various gun manufacturers' products are something new to me, so I really can't even begin to guess about them
-Appreciate the comments
The sentimentality right here... First ever gun I shot was a 1911 competition or similar and I'll get to say that for the rest of my life. Might be right. But at the same time...
This looks like it might be my first gun purchase. An inexpensive .22 revolver just sounds appealing for the cost and fun aspects.

The PPS might be the direction I'm headed. Might even get a Glock and get the nice high mag capacity and not have to worry about it falling apart. Just couldn't get over how unbalanced it felt in my hand.

Excellent choice, my guy.

A lot of people who have never held the gun before will complain that it's too large and other guns will do more for the same size, but these grips make up for any shortfall. There is no other handgun under $800 that feels as good as this one.

This is my favorite gun because it's so comfortable, which translates to accuracy despite it's shorter length. I shoot this better than my full size guns.

Plus you can get +1 round base plated that only add 1/4" to the bottom.

Only hesitation would be that it might be better to buy a full size gun first.

Attached: Edc1.jpg (4032x2268, 2.99M)

Attached: ZePewPew.jpg (4032x2268, 2.93M)

You don't want any of these subcompact pistols as your first handgun. Get a compact. PPQ/P99 are your Walther options. P99 is a bit more expensive, but the PPQ can be found around 400 pretty frequently.

I'd also add a used p2000 to your list of possibilities. Essentially the same gun as a USP compact but way cheaper.

I carry a CCP (the first gen, the M2 only makes it easier to take apart) everyday and I really like it. It's very ergonomic for a compact pistol, even with my ogre hands. Recoil is very soft. Get it