You gotta respect the pyjama

>You gotta respect the pyjama

Attached: 84B5F64B-4A79-491A-B917-FC6BB3D29D54.jpg (827x465, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

abqjournal.com/news/military/157746military03-14-04.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=8mJgxGDhrBY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>this thread won't get pruned
>I am assured of this

Attached: 1553972506154.jpg (200x250, 50K)

>They are here now Brad, and they are rolling with you

Attached: swarr.jpg (350x250, 37K)

Yeah.

>I am in awe

Shooting kids like it's cool or something

How does the book contrast with the show?

MORE LIKE TROMBLEY ?

who gives a fuck take the show for the treasure it is faggit

Gonna watch this next week again. Best show

some people would rather read a book

>We just seized an air field... That was pretty fucking ninja.

Attached: 1549415866153.jpg (700x797, 103K)

Found the pretentious faggot.

Attached: 1557365510575.jpg (720x484, 32K)

Go get a paper cut faggot.

Attached: 1554436286444.jpg (346x331, 22K)

>MORE LIKE TROMBLEY ?
well, yeah
he had a high hit ratio

Attached: trombley.gif (400x226, 999K)

>Found the pretentious faggot.
yo dawg
i gots a problem wit dat

Attached: gk__espera2_7164.jpg (347x233, 21K)

He's body conscious my manimal

Attached: NEWS_808109901_AR_0_0.jpg (360x540, 46K)

There's something Sisyphean about going into a field even tangentially related to the hippocampus oath and getting assigned to keep a platoon of 18 year old hard dicks alive during a war.

The author was also like 37 when he shipped out with them. Must have been mind blowing.

Attached: how-many-layers-of-irony-are-you-on-now.jpg (540x303, 34K)

the failure of leadership in GK is satisfyingly cathartic to watch because it exists in the commercial sector, as well

Attached: 1550872967613.gif (624x352, 1.23M)

A bunch of homoerotic guys doing freedom stuff in the desert while singing, laughing, driving, shooting, and getting fucked by CO's.

Truly fun for the whole family.

Hey Nate, want some pizza?

GIMME MY MAPS YOU RETARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

WHOPPER JR. WHOPPER JR. WHOPPER JR.

>Serpentine

>How come no one remembers that they declared everyone as hostile ? 7 rounds 200 yards, the boy is a dead eye killer

>100% civilian
>have to pause the show every 10 minutes to google something

I had no clue what "Actual" meant in radio communication until well after I watched the series for the first time.

>I had no clue what "Actual" meant in radio communication until well after I watched the series for the first time.

Now THAT's some brainlet shit right there

Attached: Screen_190507_031825.png (1920x1080, 1M)

[talks in the 3rd person] Ferrando believes in the violence of action...

Attached: CD9F576E-0A5C-47B1-9945-F13F260301E6.png (624x352, 304K)

You have to take into account that it is not a "book", it is a flavoured and stretched out report. Obviously much more detailed than the show, but also lacks the humorous impact, the journalist who wrote it certainly maintains some degree of professionalism which makes the comedic remarks kinda dry.
If you really want to find out more about the circumstances surrounding the war, you should pick up the book at some point. If for you the absolute main attraction of the show was the millitary life comedy and pop culture references, I doubt that you will have a blast with the book.

It's honestly some of the most relatable shit I have ever seen.
Never doubt your superior's capacity to shit the bed.

Attached: 1531599816963.png (793x837, 1.07M)

>>this thread won't get pruned
>>I am assured of this

GK thread in Jow Forums that isn't immediately yanked?
jannies must be on vacation

OR
>they tactically taped up their Humvee windows

Attached: 1550876345276.gif (373x211, 2.25M)

I love the look on Rudy's face in that scene. Iirc pretty much the same thing actually happened and he looks like he's remembering it the whole time.
>FOLLOW MY IP BANS

how much would Captain America's seized AKs have gone for in the states?

Attached: 1550878657692.gif (500x282, 458K)

Yeah, there’s a real pic of him sitting in the same position Ray was in. Rudy has a similar expression to the one he made on the show.

The thing that baffled me the most as a swedish conscript at the time this came out is how the fuck the clusterfuck of a leadership did not get demoted / relived of command 3000 times.

Sure there exist bad officers in every army but how can there be so many in one company ?, is american military education broken ?.

theyre calling Me that?

Illegally?
Probably around $3k

>Probably around $3k
they would've been select-fire, though, right?

Attached: 1548938567034.gif (640x360, 2.87M)

>how the fuck the clusterfuck of a leadership did not get demoted / relived of command 3000 times.
clearly, you have no idea how America works

Attached: 1549930694681.jpg (496x612, 29K)

At the time, I suspect a lot of it was due to a desperate need for personnel. The US had generally been on a drawdown period after the collapse of the USSR, and it wasn’t until 9/11 that the military began expending again. In ‘03, they still needed as many qualified people as possible, even if they were functionally retarded.

Thank you for the information.

>Pyjama
do you have a tv loicense?
do you have you violent TV show license?

Does anyone else find Nate really annoying. He has a really punchable face.

He was the only one who believed in the mission and led his men correctly

you are nuts I could get at least 5k for a real select fire AK

yeah it was easy to be sympathetic of him because he tries his fucking hardest to be a by-the-book officer but he realizes that all of his training didn't prepare him for leadership and fellow officers actively working against him.

Pretty much you have to work with what you have. If some idiot is in charge of shit you have to weigh how badly they're likely to fuck up vs. how badly someone brand new is likely to fuck up. Theoretically the officer in place has already learned from their mistakes. In reality though some people just need to be sent home immediately.

>"It comes down to pussy,"

>America
That's a not even an American thing, it's just a military thing.

No nigger

The show is a bit heavy on the officer retardation, but something they don't really touch on is that those officers were never meant for combat command. Recon is meant to attach small units of enlisted to infantry battalions, making the officers more of an administrative role. Most of the officers were apparently fairly competent.

One of the key scenes is the very first one, where they're practicing convoy operations, and they don't know how to do it. Brad suggests a change to the SOP, the Fick doesn't know if its a good suggestion and glances at the Platoon Sgt who gives him a subtle nod. Its small stuff like that which really sets this series apart.

>tfw Rudy turned into a cracked out coke fiend

Attached: franku.jpg (401x401, 23K)

Tempo, tempo, tempo.

I've heard Captain America was toned down for the show.

Hippocratic you fucking retard

In 03 they were giving people 3k to just take a semester of army rotc even if they didn't contract. Just to enroll in the class. They needed bodies like crazy

obviously. Your point being ?

Source? Most recent thing I saw was him going on InRange to promote his new environmental charity thing or whatever. He seems just as out there as he's always been, but normal for him.

Attached: rudy reyes.jpg (500x667, 175K)

My Drill Sergeant was in a reserve company attached to them. Dude was an OG gangster turned into a death dealing murder machine. A few years after I got out of the army I looked him up and found this sick ass interview he did for the local paper. abqjournal.com/news/military/157746military03-14-04.htm

what is that rip fuel shit he was on like. is it like caffeine on steroids?

Can't add him on fb but he posted this a while ago.

Attached: 1510686_688244311196933_74621081_n.jpg (452x453, 20K)

according to kocher he was actually a pretty decent and smart dude but just wasnt built for the battlefield
youtube.com/watch?v=8mJgxGDhrBY

ephedrine