Parts Kits

Jow Forums what is your experience with buying parts kits, what sites do you use, what are the worst sites and what are the best.

Attached: C78D6A20-C39F-460F-9942-19D50F4DBDA0.png (650x700, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ak-builder.com/
everygunpart.com/
groundzeroprecision.com/
jsesurplus.com/
ghostrifles.com/
omegamanufacturinginc.com/
davidsondefense.com/
bwefirearms.com/product-category/uzi-parts/uzi-bolt/
shop.usbarrelshrouds.com/Bolts-9MM--45ACP--22LR_c_29.html
youtube.com/watch?v=EA2vmCEmgNo&t=435s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you have to ask this question you don’t have the ability to build it

The era of cheap parts kits is kinda over very very unfortunately, much like surp. I am enjoying all the UZI kits that are still available though.

>tfw built a bunch of those cheap Romanian AK kits from AKbuilder decade ago, thinking the good times would roll on forever
>never got to build my own PSL or a RPK though

Attached: uzi-kit-dlx-wood_774_detail.jpg (800x800, 71K)

Apex is awesome.

Get one with an assembled barrel if you can, it will save you a lot of annoying extra work

>ak-builder.com/
They don't even carry kits anymore :'(

Only if you use a burner credit card, apex's web security is a joke.

This goes beyond Apex.

Any online firearms store is going to run into the same problems with their payment gateway, because they're banned from the Amazon/Paypal/Stripe economy.

Firearms are an odd retail niche where we see an alternate future where early 2000s eComerce websites never died at Amazon's hands, specifically because all the tech companies hate weapons. For this reason they all have 2nd tier payment gateways, and are all vulnerable as fuck.

RPK kits are pretty prevalent on AKfiles. I s cored two M72 kits pretty cheap. Arms of America had some neat BFPU Romy RPKs a few weeks ago too for not a terrible price, but still cheaper than buying a new AES-10b

everygunpart.com/

groundzeroprecision.com/

jsesurplus.com/

ghostrifles.com/

omegamanufacturinginc.com/
davidsondefense.com/ (basically the same distributor.)

Attached: mericaboobs.jpg (1024x1024, 151K)

>buy AK74 receivers and barrels while kits are still cheap
>never build
>parts kits gone now

Attached: 1541906444210.gif (680x453, 3.7M)

I bought an FAL receiver at auction. Used GunBroker for parts.

Attached: IMG_20190219_200140180.jpg (4032x2259, 1.84M)

Who manufactured that L1 receiver

Imbel

i'm experienced in buying them, i haven't built any of them, and to be honest probably never will. the trick is to go back about 15 years and buy them from centerfire systems and tapco before they started making injection molded parts.

Bump

first post worst post

sexy

I usually only build parts kits of rare and unusual guns that would cost way more than buying a build one.
I am finishing up an RPD build, all i need now is a barrel. This summer i might buy a m53 kit and build that. I still have a couple sten kits laying around, might knock those out.
In the last couple of years i built a couple interesting pieces, my favorite is between an sg-43 and a dp-28.
If you want to start building I recommend either browsing gunbroker or buying from apexgunparts sales. Bought the sg-43 kit with the carriage mount from them for like $700 on sale.
Build the unique stuff that is not available commercially instead of teh common ar and ak stuff.

All you need to get started with the re-weld kits is a MIG welder, a drill press and a cut off wheel.
Also browse /gsg/ for info, but ive not seen one in a while.

Not to mention the era of cheap 5.45 ended five years ago.

>sg-43
That must have been a fun build and definitely a cool conversation piece. I always considered doing one of these heavy mg builds, but feel like it would take too much time when I have tons of ak and fal kits and car restoration projects I'm working on

It took me about 2 months to build, but i mostly worked on the kit itself during weekends and did some fcg drawings during the week. I think i put in about 60 hrs tops, not that much for such an awesome build.
Sadly I don't take it out shooting often enough since I have other fun guns that shoot x54r and i constantly worry about burning through my nugget food stockpile.

Where the FUCK do you find bolts and striker assemblies?

You don't.

>t. still looking

bwefirearms.com/product-category/uzi-parts/uzi-bolt/

>1 in stock

I've literally never owned a gun and jumped in feet first with a 80% and parts kit. I wanted to learn how to build a rifle from the ground up instead of just buying one. It's not like it's difficult to use a drill press, hand router, rubber mallet and some punches. I'm not going to tell you I did it all correctly on my first go, I had to order some spare roll pins and re-align the safety selector switch. But it wasn't a monumental task.

Attached: 20190404_213057.jpg (4032x3024, 3M)

shop.usbarrelshrouds.com/Bolts-9MM--45ACP--22LR_c_29.html

I can buy a almost sterling parts kit for 300 bucks, need barrel, reciever (literally a tube) and trigger group (hard). Should I just do it? Or finish my Ar10?

youtube.com/watch?v=EA2vmCEmgNo&t=435s
I saw this video for an Uzi build I kind of want to attempt it