Gucci tier AR with all the modern accessories

>Gucci tier AR with all the modern accessories
>plain jane WASR converted to full auto

Which would be more useful in a SHTF scenario assuming ammo and magazine supply was equal for both?

Attached: F227A195-DE7B-42AC-ADCC-81C557EA9198.jpg (1000x652, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xUSLN7nW9c0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Which ever rifle you've trained more with. I'll also assume you keep all the stuff to clean and maintain your rifle and will do it regularly enough in a SHTF situation.

AR probably.

You aren't going to be shooting full auto much what with ammo being as scarce as it is, and full auto on combat rifles isn't even that useful to begin with.

Much better to have an AR with good optics and good ergonomics, and be able to lay down accurate fire without the recoil pushing you off target.

AR definetly
You have no need for full auto in a shtf scenario where ammo is limited

>Much better to have an AR with good optics and good ergonomics, and be able to lay down accurate fire without the recoil pushing you off target.

I agree with this 100% in a military setting, however suppressing fire is normally always done with support weapons and shit which you wouldn’t have in SHTF so having a rifle that’s capable of suppressing fire would be extremely useful.

Full auto is useless 99% of the time unless you are suppressing fire, which you wouldn’t be doing without an lmg of some sort or if you’re by yourself trying to survive in the Zone, as fun as a giggle switch may be. If you’re by yourself in a situation where suppressive fire is necessary and you can’t just simply bail the fuck out of there and sprint to the hills you are fucked 12 ways to Sunday barring a miracle happening or you recreating that one part of All Ghillied Up from CoD4. But really it depends on which one you use more and which one you feel more comfortable with. I’d personally lean more towards the AR, as even though it is full of tacticool gucci shit it probably has a decent scope on it, otherwise I would probably take the WASR had it have a scope as well, and for being less of a maintenance issue as an AR15, memes aside.

you don't need full auto to suppress people.

Full auto is all but useless, and 5.56/2.23 is so plentiful because every Tom, Dick, and Harry has an AR right now.

>Gucci

>It takes x bullets per second to trigger the suppression Mechanic

>poor

WHY
NOT
BOTH

Anyone who says AR is dumb. Having full auto capabilities would be invaluable, as you’d be able to persuade whatever is opposing you that you either glow or there’s more of you than just you. The priority of these things are defense and to simply GTFO from whomevers chasing you both of which this WASR would do better at.

Poor baby can't shoot fast.

Shut the fuck up, boomer. You're not convincing real people that there are more of you. Same retard logic as "hur durr rackin muh shotgunz will scare em away".

Attached: lookatthisdweeb.png (449x401, 490K)

If SHTF, I've got my glock, my nugget, and a short barrel 12ga pump, faggot.

Are you a fucking retard?

You know what's better that literally anything you gain from the shit tier full auto AK?

The ability to hit targets beyond 400 with relative EASE because of optics and the more consistent flight of 5.56.

This isn't a video game. And there is no amount of bullets per second required to suppress someone.

Ability to carry more ammo, because AR mags aren't as nonsensically heavy as AK mags. etc.

I love my AKs but this is retard juice. ARs are objectively better in every way.

WASR has
>no optics
>no IR laser for use with night vision
ill take the AR

Have fun dealing with multiple attackers in a medium range situation.

I'd take the AK simply because it's what I shoot most and I'm most comfortable with it.

I also think the WASR would last longer and be more reliable considering the conditions. Pro tip, if your AK doesn't already have a FA carrier/parts kit, and a spot marked for the hole, it's not an AK.

Wasr doesn’t have a FA carrier.

>bragging about poverty

Simmer down Juan.

Retards walk among us

faggots who rely on suppression are going to get BTFO so hard
> day 1
> rage hard and win gun battle against a fortnight-trained zoomer twink
> collect: 1 pistol ar, no sights. 8 rounds of ammunition, pair of yeezys, 4 t-shirts and 8 packs of ramen
> expend 237 rounds of ammunition and 1 ifak
> day 2
> out of ammo, get zapped by some boomer and iron sights

things useful inside der habbening:
> belonging to a group
> ability to adapt and improvise
> fitness without being so swol that you starve
> guns you're comfortable using
things that will get you kill inside der habbening
> volume of fire
> too many batteries
> social isolation

> implying those casuals actually stock more than 36 rounds of ammunition between infrequent range sessions

Whoa nice turner diaries.

Id take a full auto plain jane 74 over a Gucci AR any day. Will I need full auto for a majority of my needs? Nope. Is full auto extremely helpful in room clearing and other very close engagements. Yes. Id rather have it and not need it than not have it at all.

You also are much more likely to be alone or MAYBE in a small militia type group post SHTF, and suppressing fire can still be done with a semi-auto rifle and rough aim.

lol look at this fucking boomer

Full auto is useful to make people fuck off at close range. Go WASR (in minecraft)

>Is full auto extremely helpful in room clearing and other very close engagements. Yes
Know what's even better? Optics and lights.

God you people are retarded.

Everyone who says the AR must be discounting an urban environment. Somewhere like NYC or Portland or any dense city anything FA would be way more useful in close quarters like inside a building.

guessing neither of you have used FA

Yes, have shot a

>FA M16
>FA AK47
>UZI

Now the AK was substantially harder to control than the other two I will say, but for someone 15 feet away I would like the ability to just squeeze out a short burst.

>SHTF scenario
>people unironically advocating the barebones FA AK over the semi, accessorized AR because they think they'll be clearing rooms by spraying from the hip
This is some next level buttfuck retardation

the fact you actually used
>FA M16
>FA AK47
to describe these rifles tells me you're almost guaranteed to be bullshitting

How? The M16 was literally a registered Colt SP1 thats, and the AK47 was a Norinco type 56. Expecting someone to call either of these by their specific name is nothing but pure autism.

People taking a near-useless feature in infantry rifles over guaranteed-useful things like an optic, IR laser, light etc. etc. shows just how fucking stupid Jow Forums has gotten. I cannot express just how overrated the public perception of FA is in something that isn't supposed to be a dedicated MG.

Attached: IMG_37101_zpsfef0eb87.jpg (1024x768, 92K)

Optics and lights aren't that important, especially not at close distance. If you seriously think a light is a better feature than FA in room clearing you are clearly a nogunz

Not only used but still own my FAs

>implying a basic-bitch RPK wouldent be better over a Gucci AR

Fuck off tripfag

>If you seriously think a light is a better feature than FA in room clearing
you cant clear a room if you cant see whats in the room in the first place.
>inb4 some ridiculously misinformed reply about how lights are used in close quarters

Attached: w246563456.jpg (600x600, 18K)

Ah yes, who needs lights to see when room clearing when you can just spray blindly and hopefully hit anything

fuck niggers just light a cig, did you not ever play Metal Gear?

Suck my goatboy nutsuck user fugg you.

Attached: WP_20160219_001.jpg (3072x1728, 1.32M)

>wasr
>shit tier
Kill yourself

Giving up your element of surprise to the enemy by having a retarded flashlight.

We are in a supposed SHTF, anything that attracts attention is bad including flashlights that show EVERYONE exactly where you are. If you need a flashlight the enemy will need one too making them easy targets. I don't plan on being Rambo, and any conflict im taking the next train to fuckthatsville. Enjoy your bullshit fantasy of how you are going to be some 300lb operator in a SHTF scenario with your optic/flashlight batteries that will go out eventually and be useless gun weights. I'd rather have a bare bones proven system with all its features than some halfrate mall ninja gun

What you are saying makes no sense. How did you connect those two dots? really curious.

Attached: [010240].png (220x250, 14K)

Now that's just lazy bait

you'd be right, if you were walking into an advanced happening.
However, you're still going to die at ranges over 120m.
And, the first 2 weeks whle everybody still has batteries and ammunition are going to murder you

>some ridiculously misinformed reply about how lights are used
like clockwork

Yeehaw

Whats useful about an ir laser

aiming with night vision

If you’re clearing rooms alone in SHTF, you’ve fucked up somewhere

Can I just have a plain jane AR?

The ir laser part.

Why in the name of all unholy fuck are you room clearing in massive urban environments in SHTF to begin with? If you want to kill yourself just blow your brains out, it's simpler than your scenario and cuts right to the chase while reaching the same conclusion.

Do you have night vision?

A set of NODs runs about as much as a gucci AR without optics. And they're totally legal to own. Fucking wild, right?

Not that guy but it's the next thing I'm picking up. My buddy has a thermal scope and nods and it's fun and useful as fuck. We'll just sit on his porch and shoot coyotes at night.

>useful

Not really, I can kill all the coyotes I want by just spotlighting them.

why would you run out of ammo after firing 237 rounds?

Are you being this obtuse on purpose or are you just stupid?

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg (550x550, 38K)

>straw
>man

user do you know what that means?

The AR of course, FA is absolutely useless and an unnecessary waste of ammo in pretty much any non-military context.

Attached: 1467056136438.png (558x744, 428K)

>SHTF, where ammo is to be conserved as much as possible
>FullRetard mode that sucks dick in 9/10 scenarios
literally anyone who picks the AK is a noguns

Full auto is great in close quarters but the added utility of both a light rifle and one with hopefully a red dot of sorts would outweight it.

Full auto is useless for most things. But I'd still want it.
WASR all the way.
Of course, we can presume that the ATF is disbanded at this point and my puppy is safe. So I'd probably feel free to drill the third hole in the AR.

Attached: 1555809753340m.jpg (1024x981, 101K)

Getting one accurate shot center of mass is more useful that spraying your entire magazine away in the general direction of the thread because you've never actually bothered training with your gun and need FA to make up for the fact that you don't know how to bring your sights up.

I mean it's obviously not ideal but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I apologized to my UPS driver once for all the ammo I ordered. He said no prob, it's his 3rd bulk ammo delivery that day. All these ammo stores online aren't staying in business just because of Jow Forums.

The WASR is shit-tier. It's literally the bottom of what considered an acceptable AK in the US market. The fact that said market is dead doesn't change this.

Oh for fuck's sake even in Iraq rifleman almost never used fullauto for room clearing, we'd just send in the '249 first and if that wasn't an option we still usually kept our boomsticks on semi because actually aiming produce much better results. Now there were people there who liked to rely on fullauto with their rifles, but they were always getting killed by us.

Sure, it’s not a bad thing to have. But given the choice between an iron-sighted full-retard...anything, and a modern semi-auto with good optics, you be fundamentally retarded to pick the bullet hose. Especially in a situation where ammo may be somewhat hard to come by

Where are you going to have big battles with flanking and suppression maneuvers in an SHTF scenario? The vast majority of common people are "suppressed" (IE driven to take cover and generally retreat away from fire or otherwise act in a way which would inhibit their own ability to return fire at you) by a single gunshot, since the vast majority of them are not trained in any way shape or form to operate under the stress of a gunfight. If you're being approached by a large enough number of people that you need to suppress them with bursts of full auto fire you should probably be more worried about the fact that they can split up so your fire is divided rather than whether or not you can blaze away faster than you could pull the trigger on a semi-auto gun.

You can shoot the accurate all you want but when enemy is hide behind cover you will want more than a gun made for kill guinea pig. AK make cover into concealings.

youtube.com/watch?v=xUSLN7nW9c0

Funny, because neither the AK or the AR managed to make it through a workout vest sandbag.

If I were alone I'd take pic related.

Attached: IMG_1931.jpg (4032x3024, 2.67M)

If I were alone, I'd take this. I'd be hauling more things for myself, and can't distribute the weight onto others. No reason to make myself a bigger target than I need to.

Now if my family isn't killed off, or friends, I'd take my rifles and shit.

Attached: IMG_20190410_133227807.jpg (4344x2444, 1.23M)

We’re not talking about RPK’s you stupid bitch

My rifle isn't that heavy, but I respect your low profile idea.

I've gone backpacking mostly with others, but normally hike by myself. I've come to be realistic about weight and the distribution of it.

Attached: IMG_20190408_152158054.jpg (4344x2444, 1.29M)

>gucci ar

rather have a AR 10 thats functional.

Too bad that wasn't one of the options.

Confirmed neverserved. I hit the giggleswitch every time I went through the threshold of a building out of pure habit. It wasn't for spraying, but I found 1-3 shots per trigger pull gave much better chance to kill than at first when I left my shit on semi.

Maybe it was just experience that made me see improvement, but even now, when I transition targets with my AR, I still instinctively try to push past semi and take a little too long to reset the trigger after some shots and I think having a FA would bring back the skills.

Yes

Anyone that picks the AK has never had to carry ammo or a rifle any further than from their coyote tan Tacoma to the closest benchrest at the 100 yd range.

>with ammo being as scarce as it is,
In what world can ammo be described as 'scarce' in America? All those stockpiles of 5.56 in private homes and government buildings don't just disappear.

Not everyone is bitch made like you are.

Attached: 20190329_175358.jpg (3264x2448, 1.41M)

But my phone does hate me.

Attached: IMG_No_style_20190513_073010_processed.jpg (3264x2448, 1.04M)

I live so far out I don't need to worry about niggers or crazed neighbors coming to loot. Feels good man

Full auto allows one guy to win a fight against 5 other armed guys.
Full auto is more useful then you are lead to believe.

Real life isn't CoD.

Hahaha
No.

>Grandpa was in LRRPs in Vietnam
>Swears that FA saved his life more than once

>Uncle was in Afghanistan as infantry in 2010
>said FA was stupid

Which is it?

Gee I don't know, which one has human wave tactics? Do you really expect to have human wave tactics when shtf?

Different era different doctrine?

While you spray and pray, they know where you are. They move into position because they know where you are. There is a reason we dont have everyone use the spray and pray method.

Different terrain different doctrine, user, and it's not a secret. FA is important in high-concealment/low maneuverability areas like jungle; less so when there's more clarity or hard cover.

No