Where are the tiger tank blueprints?

Where can i find the blueprints that they used to fabricate the parts in the factory?

Attached: Tiger-Tank_2183240b.jpg (620x387, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tiger1.info/vehicle.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/VK_4501_(P)
google.com/amp/s/riasedbussians.wordpress.com/2017/12/11/from-the-archives-maybach-hl-230/amp/
amazon.com/Armour-Materials-Paul-J-Hazell/dp/1482238292
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You again motherfucker, it's the third time you come here with your autistic crap just give up and try something else

Wtf? You must be confusing me for someone else.

Aren't there any uploaded online or something? It's a fucking 80 year old tank.

they found them and the US Army Ordnance department threw them in the trash

Nope, ive looked

why dont we just design our own tracked vehicle of peace and defense?

Who would make it?

When you say blueprints what are you looking for exactly?

Are you looking for the schematics for the profile? because these are everywhere.

If you are looking for the complete data package, Outside of contacting Bovington Your not going to find anything, and even though the info they have is not 100% complete

Also what are you wanting to do with these plans? If you are looking to Scratch build a model the complete data package is not needed.

Attached: 1508296795059.jpg (1024x680, 55K)

Im looking for the complete data package. Id love to have at least the hull and armor made and go from there. How thick was it?

Yeah, your not going to find that. Your only bet is to reverse engineer one from any of the surviving examples still around today, and from what documentation is left either in published books or in Bovington. Possibly Bundesarchiv but I'm not confident they'll have anything

For Hull thickness and other info, this website is god tier, tiger1.info/vehicle.html

How has nobody measured the hull? How do they make replicas?

several people have, several more even attempted to make replicas, most tend to fail for one reason or another

Most of the shitty replicas are either scaled up from scale plastic models, or from the profile drawings that are everywhere

How would i get accurate thicknesses for the original hull?

you go to one with a tape measurer and measure every fucking inch, and every plate. The one in Ft. Benning is in pieces so it would be the best one to Analyze. Plus being a cutaway is a plus

With the way the hull is assembled most sections of the armor thickness is visible from the outside

Would ft. Benning let me have the information? Id love to have my local fab shop make it.

yes and no. The tank is not open to the public, but if you call the armor restoration shop you can make an appointment

Where is the place?

Also there is also this chart. It can also be found in the Speilberg book of the Tiger i along with lots of great info.

Attached: Armor_Scheme_Tiger1.png (650x255, 58K)

they have a facebook page, but I can't post the link b/c it thinks its spam. But paste this in the FB search and it will pop up

>Armor and Cavalry Museum Restoration Shop

Fuck, if im gonna do this and have the hull built, what engine and transmission combo should i use? The original sucked ass.

Cummins turbo diesel?

OH OH, user, channel the spirit of Porsche; make it a hybrid!

>turbo diesel -> generator -> cables, controller, battery -> electric motor on each track

Do it do it do it

On the internet

Attached: Sd.Kfz. 181 Pz.Kpfw.VI Ausf.H1 Tiger [LIMITED to 500px].jpg (500x653, 111K)

Why? Thats the worst way to do it

>hybrid
ICE powered electric motors are NOT the same as a hybrid, even if you throw in batteries.
Don't tarnish the name of the Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive via Power Split Device with that nissan leaf rubbish.

(Still tho ICE powered electric motors (non-hybrid) are the best option in a tank, can refute or fuck off)

Attached: power-split-device-1.gif (547x501, 35K)

"Hybrid" is the correct term for both series-hybrids and parallel-hybrids, regardless of how much you REEEEEEEEE about it.

Why would you want blue prints of a shit tank?

Wasn't there some rich dude who tried to build a tiger in his garage and got the hull armor finished before abandoning it and disappearing?

Yeah, this guy is full of shit too. Building a repro tank is out of range for all but .1% of people, even with the means to do it.

Well fine then, I'll just sit in this corner with my power split device.

Not OP, but I wonder how difficult building a replica of a Terni Armored car would be.

Attached: BF1_F.T_Armored_Car_USA_Front.png (1920x1080, 3.38M)

were could you get the complete data package for ww2 era vehicles like arty and air planes?

>Tiger I
>Porsche hybrid system
I bet you believe the meme that the german tanks were Diesel powered too

Attached: gross.jpg (842x868, 154K)

There was some middle class German Autist that was doing it. He got pretty far but he kept snapping drive shafts. For the engine and trans he Used a MB truck engine. It was No Maybach HL230, but for pragmatism worked. and the transmission from something else (don't remember). The scale weight of the tank was breaking the drive shaft like a twig, and the dude ran out of cash so the project went silent.

If you want to keep it like the original you're fucked, The real one was gas powered V12. A Modern gas powered contemporary will not be easy to find, so your going to be going Diesel. Probably a CAT or some other kind of turbo Diesel should do. For the gearbox this is the hard part. Construction vehicles tend to use Hydraulics for the drive so this is out, Truck transmissions are also out due to the track drive. Most repro fags recycle surplus Russian, or British tank / APC final drive / transmission parts, and when they do they stick out like a soar thumb and look like dogshit, don't be that faggot!

you can have a transmission fabricated, but with the weight of the tank it will be a problem as the parts need to be made from very strong steel alloys that = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No you dipshit, they were powered by Maybach gasoline engines. However if they would have used diesel they wouldn't have bad as much as much logistics headaches.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/VK_4501_(P)

>The new Porsche tank, designated the VK 45.01 (P) was to be powered by twin V-10 air cooled gasoline Porsche Type 101 engines which were mounted to the rear of the tank.
>Each of the twin engines would then drive a separate generator, one for either side of the tank, which would then power each of two electric motors, one powering each track from the rear drive sprocket.

Hell of a lot easier than a Tiger

I crawled all over the Aberdeen Elephant, I know god damn well how the Porsche hybrid system worked homie. I can even tell you how the generator and engine are fastened to the hull interior mounts

But to build a tiger I "replica" and use the system out of the Porsche prototype design is just retarded

It barley worked for Porsche, it would be a disaster for something like this

Why bother getting an original or replica engine? Just limit the output of a modern engine electronically.

Then turn off the limiter so you can drift in a Tiger.

>I crawled all over the Aberdeen Elephant, I know god damn well how the Porsche hybrid system worked homie.
How do the electric motors work on these? Are they some sort of brushed motor with eletromagnets for both rotor and stator? I looked for info on this and the maus drivetrain but couldn't find much.

its a metal box with a big gun on top
you dont need blueprints for that

Just like the holohoax, all proof of the Tiger has been fabricated by (((them))). Thats why you cant find any drawings of them

38.8L D-12A-525A V12 525HP diesel

or the Hispano-Suiza HS 110 12-cylinder water-cooled multi-fuel engine.
720 hp

MAYBACH MUSIC NIGGA!! HERE ARE THE ORIGINAL BLUEPRINTS FOR THE ENGINE
google.com/amp/s/riasedbussians.wordpress.com/2017/12/11/from-the-archives-maybach-hl-230/amp/

>What can go Wrong

Attached: tiger[1].jpg (780x504, 332K)

If you know your hull is smaller that the Tiger, why not make the turret to scale?

I didn't get that far into the compartment to know for sure, but If I were to take a Guess it's a unit similar to what was used on german Diesel electric trains of the period, industrial electric generators. Possibly also a Type II Uboat, From what I have seen on real Balao Class subs the generator of this period are large, but may be able to fit in the compartment of the Elephant, that's if Porsche used something off the shelf and didn't engineer something himself. Although knowing Ferdinand that would be something he would be for doing

it would be hard for the "crew" to fit inside I guess. Also the guys who do this don't really care. It's "close enough"

Attached: saditolla.jpg (300x440, 82K)

You could adapt the driveline from a modern tracked Ag tractor, or any of a variety of pieces of construction equipment that has tracks. An older CAT bulldozer or loader would make the most sense.

As for blueprints:
I know that one of the universities in Texas has a huge stockpile of old German documents from WWII. I can't remember if it's TAMU in College Station or UT in Austin, but one of them has a goddamn mountain of docs. You can get access to browse it. Better hope you can read German though, as it's not translated. Hell, most of it hasn't even been looked through.

Also, find yourself a copy of the "Panzer Tracts" book on the tank; that won't have real blueprints but it will have a lot of info to help you, with additional sources as well.

You will never go through with this.

>But to build a tiger I "replica" and use the system out of the Porsche prototype design is just retarded

Can you explain why? sure, I get that it would fail with WWII tech, but our motors, generators, and control electronics have come a long long way since then. Why would it not work with modern parts? Especially when the diesel-electric systems have already been proven in things like freight trains and pic related--applications that are far far heavier than a Tiger tank.

Attached: 6-image-Komatsu-960E-1.jpg (600x400, 42K)

Pic related isnt electric drive, it has a giant torque converter

Perhaps that exact model is not electric drive, but many of the large mining trucks are.

Also, just stating that a given model has a torque converter rather than electric drive doesn't mean that electric drive won't work.

Cat 795F is 100% electric drive and is rated to haul a load of 340 tons.

total operating weight of the vehicle, loaded, is 630 tons. that's 10x the weight of the Elefant, or more than 3x the weight of the Maus.

The engine is also many times larger than the maus engine

So scale it down, Einstein.

The point is that if we can make the technology work for something far far bigger than even the Maus, it's clearly possible to make it work for something smaller. We can make it work for small vehicles: hybrid cars. We can make it work for huge mining trucks and locomotives. Thus we can make it work for a vehicles of an intermediate size. It's just a matter of picking an engine, generator, and motors of the appropriate size. 795F has about a 3000 HP setup. Scale that down and you're fine. That technology already exists for underground mining trucks and shunting engines used to move rail stock around in freight yards.

Because the tiger I that was adopted was not the porsche design and was never intended for the porsche hybrid system. I was intending if the annon wanted to keep true to the design. I should have been more specific,

Having said that if you want to go with another propulsion system and to hell with the historic rebuild, yes technology has advanced where you can indeed use a modern gas / electric hybrid system or hydraulic motors for propulsion and have it work well.

gotcha, I get where you're coming from now. Agreed 100%.

Another option is the propulsion system from the CAT D7E, it's much smaller than the dump truck, and has a transmission that is designed for tracked use. the D7 though is much lighter than a tiger though, so I don't know if it would be strong enough or powerful enough for sustained running

I love your enthusiasm but I hope you know it would cost well over 1,000,000 dollars to scratch built your own Tiger...

>This
I doubt the annon is really looking into doing this and is only entertaining an idea for bantz.

There is a reason why everyone who has attempted a rivet to rivet reproduction has failed.

I have the tools to make most of the smaller parts, but due to the size and weight of the hull, transmission housing, engine, tracks and roadwheels i will have to have those made. Money will certainly be a problem but i will have the hull built to prove that im comitted and maybe look into crowdfunding.

I dont care too much about using the original manufacturing processes. Modern electric welding and machining tools will make a higher quality product and lower the price.

D7 might be lighter than a Tiger, but it's also meant for much heavier duty. D7's are commonly used to pull scrapers (often two at once), whose combined weight would easily exceed the weight of a Tiger. Pushing a big-ass pile of earth, including uphill, also takes a lot more power than simply driving a vehicle. At low speeds the D7E has a rated drawbar pull of a whopping 90,000 lbs, in addition to moving its own weight. That's not 90k lbs of weight on wheels, tracks, or rollers. That's 90k lbs of dead weight.

Seems capable to me. And if it isn't the existence of the larger vehicles serves as proof of concept that the idea is certainly possible.

How will you even move the thing around to work on it? Do you own a crane? A semi, big-ass lowboy trailer? Every time you go to move this thing you'll need oversize load permits.

I don't think you realize quite how big an undertaking this is.

Dude this blueprint make your own instead of copy the old one, improve it make it better

What will be the purpose you will never use it properly, even tho if you really want it go to museum and make full analysis of this tank, play wot, or warthunder, contact people there and untushiast.

Myself i'am building a tank, guess what, it's not on tiger you will learn the more things, build your own hull and armor, old armor where just mere steel that was tempered and with nickel and kobalt alloy. Just put fiberglass and silicium with resin and you will get better armor than mere steel.

I doubt you have a foundry to cast the track, fan covers, sprocket hubs, hatches, late Copula, rear exhaust covers, swing arms, and rear idler wheels not to mention the track.

And If you think that you can use flat plate for these parts, congrats you failed

that is true the D7 can handle extremely heavy loads.

Welding is not the problem, the problem are the tiger specific parts that need to fabricated. The wheels both early and late were stamped, most of the other components are made with castings, If your looking for a good replica tiger these need to be recreated otherwise you are wasting your time.

Honestly rather than going this route, just buy a T55 or something British like a sabre. You get the tank experience, but with something that costs a fraction of the price and have spare parts availability better than if you cobble something together

Since the whole point of a replica is to have something that looks, feels, and is like the real mccoy. If you start cutting corners you'll end up with the HMG stg of repros, with the same vaporware result no less

Off we go, to the design department!

amazon.com/Armour-Materials-Paul-J-Hazell/dp/1482238292

Attached: 51VXUXv5HlL._SX313_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (315x499, 29K)

Those can be milled

Nice

>Oh I want a tiger tank
>I'm going to use different materials and mechanisms that the tank had
>Bbbut it's still a Tiger!

Pic related

Attached: Side2BO-1.jpg (900x675, 56K)

I could make the exact same original parts without casting them

You could, though I'm not sure you're aware of just how much that will cost. Finding a machine shop with the capacity to make big parts like that is not easy, and the cost goes way up as well, because those big machine tools are crazy expensive.

Let's say you're talking one of the road wheels. The machining is relatively simple, but it takes big lathe. I'm guessing something like $2-3 grand to buy the piece of steel, another couple hundred to have it shipped to the machine shop, and another 2-3 grand for the labor itself. Add another couple grand to send it out for heat treatment after it's been machined. That's just one wheel. How many of those do you need again?

If you're talking complex parts that need to be milled rather than turned then you're talking another zero on the end of those labor numbers.

Unless you have several million to throw at this project you'd be insane not to take advantage of existing parts when you can. Buy a surplus tank and start with that. Or pick commercial track parts from a bulldozer or excavator which is the closest possible match to the look. Kinda dumb to spend several thousand to have a replica track link custom-machined when you can buy some from a CAT/Komatsu/etc. dealer.

Nice goalposts. And you think casting is going to be cheaper because?

That seems like such a US Army Ordnance thing to do

you are correct about the costs, but the wheels are actually stamped, which to make dies this large is probably more costly than the turning route

Casting does require less machine time, but finding a foundry to make the castings is another story, not to mention making patterns to spec.

Even if you were going to machine the really large parts like the mantlet, or the Grill work, how big of a machine do you have? Do you know how large these parts are in person? They are fucking massive. Unless you have the CNC machine that CAT, or Newport News uses you are not going to be able to make these parts with this method, which was why the germans casted them in the first place. So yes castings are cheaper in this circumstance

Also this is why most home brew replicas use plat plate that are bent / welded to shape for these parts and they look like shit as an outcome. This is also the reason why these replicas all sound like a dumpster when they move because the steel is too thin on the hull, and also with these large what would have been solid cast parts.

>IB4 my hull is to scale thickness
Yes this helps but there will still be sound bonging from these parts not to mention the poor aesthetics, which was the whole reason why you wanted to do this in the first place

>using off the shelf track and suspension for a WWII tank replica
This is the #1 reason why these all fail. people cut corners for this for costs reasons and is what makes these type of build look hideous.

For a WWI tank it works, because the tracks on the WWI tanks and the tracks on bulldozers / excavators are so similar w/ exception of the track face pad, but the inner chain and rollers are very similar. However anything outside of this suspension format, just ruins it

I'll go to Bovington and get you the real deal mate

Attached: bov.jpg (1564x812, 147K)

>build functioning repro tiger
>charge producers $6,000,000 to use in their (((historical))) films

This, thats how i plan to get some of the money back.

Great, make photocopies of every blueprint you can find and post them here

>4 guys attempted this and failed, good luck!

BTW no sarcasm in this, I really wish you luck!

Thanks. Once i get the hull built i will look for crowdfunding and use youtube to document everything

>For a WWI tank it works, because the tracks on the WWI tanks and the tracks on bulldozers / excavators are so similar

Imma build a K-wagen.

Attached: a3511.jpg (1200x771, 87K)

That will help. These resources were not around when the other guys did their attempts, so it may give you a upper hand / advantage. >looking forward to the updates

Out of curiosity, what Tiger are you planning on doing? Early, mid, late? Each has pros and cons. some are easier in one aspect, but trickier in others

Whichever one has the most surviving technical documentation, so whatever bovington and fort benning has

That's how they built this one for the war horse movie. Under the hood it's a Hitachi excavator, and the track pads were replaced with new stamped ones that have the look and size of the original

Attached: mark-iv-replica-world-war-one-tank-at-tankfest-2016-as-used-in-the-GA8F04[1].jpg (1300x956, 194K)

FT Benning is the initial version, and the Bovington is the early. The differences btwn the two are minimal The biggest is the initial doesn't have the escape hatch in the turret but two pistol ports. There are some other differences with smaller fittings like engine hatches, and side skits / mudflaps, but the pistol ports are the biggest

>wrong pic FUG

Attached: v0_master.jpg (420x441, 34K)

This one right? Just a simple frame with plates welded on after.

Attached: 50e5ff2e8a6f8c7e77d216364d98d9ef.jpg (816x612, 129K)

yes, on the outside it looks the part, but internally it's not close.

How did it look when it was done?