Since revolver's strength is its reliability, and semiauto is better at everything else...

Since revolver's strength is its reliability, and semiauto is better at everything else, should you always keep one semi-auto and one revolver on you?

Attached: revolver_auto-1024x461.jpg (1024x461, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j4BBr4wUSIg
youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=1x29OOt8-rc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just bought a Glock instead

Attached: glock_retro_ad.jpg (752x1000, 111K)

Get a semiauto revolver

>not even a fully semi auto revolver
no you even shoot, bro

Attached: 1556964899456.gif (300x225, 2.06M)

Why not two semi autos in a New York reload?

>strength is its reliability
Imagine believing this

Semi auto as primary and snub nose 38 in da boot

>what is a Mateba

Attached: 1554080572176.jpg (612x602, 73K)

Sure. Why not. It's what I do. 1911 and a J frame. Though mostly it's just the J frame.

>carry 2 semiautos
>if one is unreliable then you throw it away and use the other one
>if both are reliable then you have the option of going full autism and dual-wielding thus ensuring you will die in a blaze of glory

>I'M BOUT TO BUSS A SHOT

>LIL NIGGA YOU THUG OR NOT

>IF IT IS WHAT IT IS THEN IT WAS WHAT IT WAS

>I DONE ALREADY LEFT THE SPOT

>CAME WITH A 38 SNUB AND A GLOCK

yes

Attached: 1538073408828.jpg (600x485, 25K)

>Since revolver's strength is its reliability

Nope! Watch Tom Givens explain why this is not the case. Do note that he is well versed in revolvers, has carried one for years as a cop and prefers a high cap semi auto.
youtu.be/j4BBr4wUSIg
No matter how hard you argue that a revolver is more reliable than a semi auto, it turns into a paperweight in 5-6 shots while most semi autos in the same weight class hold triple the amount of ammo or more.

yes

Attached: Kino_no_Tabi_v9_014.jpg (984x1400, 1.25M)

Revolver is for huge powerful rounds too thicc to be contained in the grip. It loses all other use cases in the 21st century.

Revolvers are outdated and stupid

>he said while examining his 12 inch groups @ 15 yards, vs his neighbors 3 in revolver groups @ 25 yards

Hey Jow Forums, I'm in the market for an M1911 and I wanted to know what would be a decent price range? Besides offering me lube, how do I know if I'm getting fucked or not?

They'll deny this but it's 100% true. Rarely will a guy come into the range with a semi-auto and shoot it well. And those that have done it... I see they also like revolvers and brought them to the range as well. (Actual shooters who enjoy all firearms vs LARPER commandos)

It's why tacticool fat nerds like that "active self protection" guy have millions of views, but practicool shooting knowledge like Paul's goes unnoticed in the general gun community.

Everyone wants to be John Wick but they can't even handle a double action trigger pull or group properly.

You're not getting that accuracy without using single-action, and certainly not with the snubs that most people shooting revolvers shoot today

It's a completely impractical setup; she could replace both the Colt Navy and the Colt Woodsman with just something like a Glock 17 or almost any other Wonder 9.

But I still love how iconic it is; I purchased a Woodsman Match Target just due to this anime - both the old and new one.

based thug apu

Attached: apucompton.png (657x527, 97K)

Actually I do, but with a highly tuned and worked over target gun. Single action I throw down 1.5 inch groups at 25 yards. My carry sp101 I can throw down 8 inchers at 25 yards, snub 642 are about a foot @ 25 yards. But I know im an outlier. My contender Im a surgeon with, but its a submoa shooter.

No, that's dumb. But you should own a revolver in case you injure one of your hands.

What caliber is your contender?

223, and 22lr I have a 300blk barrel shipping to me soon. All of them are mgm barrels, all are 12 inchers.

yes

If you are going to carry two pistols, with one being a backup to the other, sure.

If you are proposing that everyone carry two pistols all the time, that's dumb because the odds of having to use one let alone it malfunctioning or lacking adequate capacity for the situation when called upon is slim. Choose which you feel would be the higher priority and go with it, the odds of it being the wrong choice are low to the point of near insignificance.

Revolvers aren't more reliable. That's just a boomer myth.

>he's had a fail to feed/eject with a revolver. Yea maybe if you're using taurus lmao.

Well, they can't be pushed out of battery. Nor can you induce a feed jam by limp-wristing or obstructing the ejection port. All of those things can happen if the gun is drawn during a hand to hand fight (IE you get jumped).

When revolvers malfunction it is usually because something breaks which usually means the gun is totally fucked. But if it's a decently made gun that hasn't fired some stupendous round count and hasn't been abused in some stupid way then it probably womn't break. Since it doesn't rely on cycling rounds into a chamber, feed lips, magazine spring tension, extraction or ejection to operate you can be pretty confident that you will be able to fire all 5 or 6 rounds as long as you are able to simply pull the trigger.

That is a different sort of reliability than even the best automatic can achieve.

based gen 2 glockposter

Fucking zoomers and their monkey music.

I'm left-handed and just turned 21 last week, and was thinking about getting a revolver. Is revolvers being better for southpaws a meme, or is it actually true?

>revolver reliability is a myth
Revolvers can malfunction, but the probability of this happening is MUCH LOWER than a semi auto (assuming the gun wasn’t defective in the first place).

In what way would they be better? That’s retarded

There's apparently a way to run a Colt SAA left handed that works pretty well, but still not as fast as a swing-out cylinder design. There are left handed revolvers where the cylinder swings out to the right, although they are uncommon (Charter Arms Southpaw is one). Then there are top breaks which don't matter all that much what hand you use, but are also somewhat uncommon nowadays.

To operate a conventional swing-out cylinder revolver left-handed you either have to switch hands or hold the gun in a really weird way to reload. Grip profile can also be a factor, since some are contoured specifically for right handed shooters. Otherwise operation is identical regardless of which hand is used.

Are Taurus revolvers any good?

>drops your revolver on the ground
>it gets knocked out of time

Heh, nothing personal wheelgun losers

The 85 is good, but that's it.

The m85 ? The cheap one? Why it?

I saw the 605 for like 250, though I have no interest in shooting 357 I'd only shoot 38

Yeah, reliability is not what a revolver excels at.
This is. If you want a revolver, go magnum. If you want magnum rounds, get a revolver. For everything else, a semiauto is better.

>in case you injure one of your hands

Attached: Thumb6.jpg (400x305, 22K)

Cylinder gap?

same question here.

All the double action cylinder releases are on the left side of the gun making it a pain in the ass for lefties. Unless you want to drop the cash on a korth. But then you still have to deal with the cylinder swinging out left. Maybe look into a Schofield top break if you're into single actions.

This

No, for every day carry a revolver is better but for walking down the streets of Detroit, a glock with an extended magazine is what you need

>Well, they can't be pushed out of battery
You have a gun. Stop sucking face with your assailant, or at least pull the gun back a bit so you aren't making contacts shots.
>Nor can you induce a feed jam by limp-wristing or obstructing the ejection port.
Don't do those things, then.
>When revolvers malfunction it is usually because something breaks
Or because it's slightly dirty, or the primers are a bit soft, etc. Plenty of things can take down a revolver.

is 2007 okay?
youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=1x29OOt8-rc
Handgun, that's automatic. Shotgun, that's pump-action. Me with your wife, that's an automatic pump-action.

if you need to shoot more than 5...well...you're going for a big shit and you should not be using a handgun in the first place

Revolver are more reliable because they are simpler, less moving parts, less things to go wrong

Imagine never having looked inside a revolver before like this guy.

>Since revolver's strength is its reliability,
Revolvers fick up just as much as semi autos.

Semi auto revolver right here, retard.

Attached: Webley-Fosbery-1.jpg (674x379, 25K)

>1986 Miami Dade
Revolver fags btfo

>adding another layer of mechanical failure

revolvers cant stovepipe or get most other common malfunctions. If it gets a light strike just pull the trigger again

More like aimlets btfo. If they could shot worth shit it would've ended fine.

Based Celph poster

Many of the guys had 9mm High Powers and didn't hit shit.
>pistol fags BTFO

just buy a smith, preferably an older one

Not really. Some are good, but I always here issues with them.
Get a Smith and Wesson or Ruger

>on hunt for two men armed with a shotgun and mini14
>feds don’t get shotguns or sub machine guns, pistols are fine
retards btfo

in the boot? you mean anus? sounds pretty gay - dude

>doesn’t butt carry
have fun being disarmed

>Revolvers aren't subject to many of the common malfunctions for semi-autos so they don't malfunction
>Just pull the trigger twice and watch a late ignition brick your fucking gun

Attached: Elmer Fudd.jpg (230x390, 8K)

yaaaaaaaaaawn

Attached: Ruger_GP100.jpg (772x483, 36K)

Nice Boomerpost

Attached: togusa.jpg (554x671, 52K)

Cringe boomer go listen to your whiny country shit

>Just pull the trigger twice and watch a late ignition brick your fucking gun
light strike is much more common and i was implying that this is in a situation where you would have to fend off porch monkeys with it, in which case I wouldn't be worried about a hangfire

>I was implying that I'm obsessed with blacks
Not a surprise but that's also not the point. You not worrying about a late ignition fucking up your gun isn't going to prevent a late ignition from fucking up your gun.
>but it's so rare I don't think abut it
So are badly seated primers locking up my cylinder and I've still had to deal with that more recently than an FTE despite shooting my semis far more often.

Kill yourself nigger loving newfag

Oh yes I'm sure the much shittier revolvers people used in WW1 were getting knocked out of battery all over the place... So the better made and more modern revolvers today should be even worse.

Imbecile.

Maybe from a 500S&W, but ive accidentally held a .44 mag like a semi-auto like a tacticool retard and just received a minor cut and burn. Nowhere near this.

Why do you think revolvers made in today's diversity hire hellhole of the west are better than the ones of world war 1 made by skilled craftsmen in small shops?

Thankfully the niggers and women dont make anything its just a computer and machines.

CNC machining eliminates human errors

I'm talking about improvements that make them more reliable. Such as reinforced forcing cones, better technology in materials, frame mounted firing pin, easier takedown, etc. That being said, I own a couple of model 10 revolvers made in the 50s and 60s in near mint condition. So then your point would be mute about it's lack of reliability.