What's Jow Forums's opinion on the Makarov?

I've heard that's it's the cheaper, worse version of the PPK and ammo is hard to get but I'm thinking of getting one as a cheap throw away weapon to sit in my car or carry when going hiking.

Attached: makarov.jpg (250x201, 8K)

I like mine

>I've heard that's it's the cheaper, worse version of the PPK
Fuddlore. The people who say that say the same thing about the STG-44 and the AK.

Inb4 Leon Vuvla.

>ammo is hard to get but
Maybe if you exclusively buy ammo from some backwoods hillbilly baitshop.

>but I'm thinking of getting one as a cheap throw away weapon to sit in my car or carry when going hiking.
Do it faggot.

Attached: IMG_0196.jpg (1628x1300, 1.01M)

Babby bullet, DA sucks, lol8rounds, and it snaps

But they just keep working, they are very compact, and you can open leninade bottles with it

Do it comrade

Go for it. The longer you wait the more expensive they become. They're not very powerful, but they're supremely reliable and big fun. Ammo is fairly cheap and can be found in big chain sports/hunting stores, actual gunstores, and of course online. Walmart and fuddshops tend not to have any.

Attached: IMG_20190512_234536778~2.jpg (3696x2818, 1.55M)

You're a fucking retard and future theft statistic if you leave a gun in your car. It happens far more often than you think. I hope you get killed by some crackhead with your own goddamn gun.

Don't leave a gun in your car; this is pretty much asking to give a donation to the United Negro College Fund.

That said the Makarov is a great gun. The blowback action and rather heavy recoil spring can make it difficult to rack the slide, but with proper technique (overhand grabbing the slide) it's not a big deal. It's rather heavy, but it handles great.

Ammo is hard to find in shops, but then you should be ordering ammo in bulk online anyway.

I love mine, not a throwaway weapon in the slightest. Ammo can be had for 20 CPR if you shop around, just don't expect to find it at each and every gun shop, and do NOT buy ammo from Cabelas. Reliable as all hell, mine has never malfunctioned in any way after 800 rounds, and Hornady makes hollowpoints/defensive loadings for it.
It's a unique piece of history that's fun to shoot, as long as you aren't a bitch.

Attached: 1129180013.jpg (4160x2340, 1.85M)

buy one already, nigger

Attached: Mak.jpg (2448x2770, 1.96M)

An ex Stasi told me very clearly. The Makarov was not meant for conceal carry. The Makarov was designed to kill subordinates.

I have a russian one, the trigger has a lot of side to side wiggle. is this normal, is there a fix?

i love mine, you can drive nails with that thing at 25m. got to compare it to a friends p232 recently and i'd choose the mak over it any day. get one and you will change your mind about it being throw away if you're not a complete retard.

Was it purposely designed to be a bottle opener or unintended side effect?

In Tennessee your car counts as an extension of your home, so you're allowed to have plenty of guns in there, provided they are stored properly and all that jazz, and they had a story about a year ago where some retard had like 30 guns in his car and it got broken into and they all got stolen. Maybe if you have just one handgun, hidden from plain sight, and your car doesn't look like a good target. But this user is kinda right, shit happens more than you think, and now some fucking hoodlum with no idea what a makarov is, uses it as his "glawk" or "gat" while dealing, or he sells it to another retard.

Ive enjoyed mine so far. Mak ammo seems to be plentiful where Im at

I have a polish p64 which I know is not really a Makarov. I'm typically not recoil sensitive but holy shit it beats the hell out of my hand. Are Makarovs like this as well?

it has more recoil than a standard fullsized 9mm luger but it's really not that bad, you get used to it quite fast.

P64s are absolutely snappy sons-o-bitches. Did you change out the hammer spring? Because that's unbelievable too.

wow, I imagined the TT33 would be a lot bigger by comparison, but they're almost the same size.

>be OP
>leave makarov in car
>#smashngrab
>ayyoo! Looka dis problem slova here!
>nigga knows nothing about makarov ammunition
>loads with da 9 mil cuz whitey in the gun shop said 9mm some sheeit
>kaboom!
>Tyrone looses hands/dies in next gang fight
>one nigga less

Go for it OP.

Attached: 1546997562574.jpg (529x598, 36K)

They are good guns but, dont buy new production mags, they are shit and will jam your gun. Watch your thrumb when you shoot. If your them is to high tye saftey will cut your thumb. Also if you think it is snappy you are a faggot. Buy a Russian one with adjustable sights, they are a lot bettter quality then the surp Bulgarian ones and they are the same price.

Why aren't more people leaving spiked ammo in the hood?

Attached: 1554359963303.gif (480x270, 1.32M)

Someone post pic of Jow Forumsomando putting wrong 9mm in mak

>worse version of the PPK
that's difficult to accomplish but the P-64 did it. PPKs were mostly chambered in 32acp so stepping up to 9x18 wasn't a downgrade.

my girlfriend inherited one from her uncle and thats what i thought as soon as i saw it... im like...this thing is only good for shooting people in the back of the head.

They are good guns but, dont buy new production mags, they are shit and will jam your gun. Watch your thrumb when you shoot. If your them is to high tye saftey will cut your thumb. Also if you think it is snappy you are a faggot. Buy a Russian one with adjustable sights, they are a lot bettter quality then the surp Bulgarian ones and they are the same price.

My dad’s .380 Beretta 86 hurts to shoot after a few mags too
My IJ-70 feels fine though, and is a heavier gun in comparison

I mean, it worked on the gooks, and they're smarter than nogs.

Either way is good feature.

Attached: 1552167916156.jpg (868x651, 679K)

The p64 has a reputation for being a feisty bitch. A mak is much more tame. Pretty pleasant to shoot, considering. I actually burn through a bunch of 9x18 every time I take it out because I enjoy shooting my Bulgarian so much.

>My dad’s .380 Beretta 86 hurts to shoot after a few mags too
My 84fs beats the shit out of my hand after a few mags. My '73 import PPK/s feels super tame next to the beretta shooting the exact same ammo.

I think its a good gun to pick up while they are still going around FOR THE RIGHT PRICE. anything in good condition thats sub $300 is worth looking into. I personally paid $50 for my first Bulgarian mak still packed in cosmoline and in 99% condition, log paper and all that.

second one i gave $150 for at a pawnshop and it looks like shit but its all black (black bakelite) chambered in 380 ACP

does anyone know about the higher end market makarovs. Ive seen a few soviet era non-import marked maks in the $1,000-2,500 range, and while they are cool and supposed to be of good quality (if still in good shape, not many are) but im wondering if people really pay that for these. I think most of the people that own them picked them up by chance for little over what they would pay for a shitty circle 10 or something

>also
anyone ever here of the de-cocker setting off the floating firing pin?

Yeah installed a Wolff kit before even shooting it because I had heard how the recoil could be an issue. Still barely made it through a box and was like fuck this.

It's a shitty gun, but it shoots straight and will keep working. The commies built them to last.

I didn't feel the hammer spring had much effect on the recoil, but it did make the trigger ungodly heavy. It's 26 lb DA when stock. A lot of my friends literally could not actuate the trigger in DA mode.

If you're looking for a cheap car gun, there are many 9x19s with similar form factor that can be had at the same or cheaper prices. If you're looking at getting something that is a historic piece that will increase in value (not a ton, but a decent bit adjusting for inflation), then get a Mak.

simple and reliable. very flat feeling. bigger than i thought it would be from pictures. very utilitarian.

>de-cocker setting off the floating firing pin?
Physically not possible since the decocker rotates to fully enshroud the firing pin head

ive heard of this happening when the gun isnt cleaned entirely of the cosmoline

Maks are a much better. Still a touch snappy. But doesn't chew up your hand.

Good thread to ask, I'm seeing a lot of those baikal russian maks floating around lately. Are those a good catch for 400?

You can fire a 9x19 in a makarov without it blowing up

Buy the thicc Mak if you're a real nigga

Attached: 20190126_165859.jpg (4032x1960, 2.35M)

My dad used to take light 9mm parabellun rounds and use his bench vise to squish the bullet into the case 1mm, and shoot them in his old Makarov.

I always stayed back a few paces when he shot them in case it was gonna blow up, but after 100's of rounds it never did.

Always low power
Always ball ammo

Dad was a crazy fuck.

My opinion is that its the cheaper, better in pretty much every way version of the ppk. Get one if you want a steel frame compact pistol. Take a look at underwood's jacketed hollow points if you want decent self defense ammo. But most of all, don't throw it away or leave in in your car if your car doesn't have a safe in it.

>higher end market makarovs

I don't really know much about the soviet makarovs but I have a miltex chrome one. They were new production ones made in the 90's with better fit and finish and "modern" finishes like chrome. It's quite nice.

I've been seriously contemplating doing this but I don't know where I'd put the ammo at so that some wannabe gangbanger would find it.

because where would you put it?

What happens if you fire 9x19 in a Makarov?

More pressure than the gun is designed for in a direct blowback means at minimum a painful recoil, at worst the gun breaks and parts of it fly into your eyes. Also 9mm has a smaller diameter than 9mm makarov so the bullet might not even touch the rifling, don't count on accuracy.