Right handed but left eye dominant

A little background, first time I shot a gun was last weekend at a range with a friend who didnt know anything either. I used my right hand and thought I did ok for a first timer. We used a g17 and a 1911.
Today I did a rifle safety class at the same range with a qualifying target shoot. The instructor saw me struggling, and said I was left eye dominant. I tried again with my left hand and sure enough, it was easier.
My question is what now? I'm new to this, no ingrained habits. Would it be better for me to learn to use my left hand for all shooting, or get my right eye dominant?

Attached: 1557279267577.jpg (952x536, 76K)

literally get good

I have the same thing as you. Most rifles are right-hand friendly but you can still use most of them as a lefty. Bolt actions can be a bit trickier but a good one shouldn't cause too many problems. Just learn to shoot left handed for rifles. Pistols are usually trickier and not left hand friendly, but a lot of more modern pistols are bucking that trend. I personally shoot rifles left handed and pistols right handed, since you can shoot cross dominant with a pistol, but that might not be necessary if you're a new shooter and only plan on picking up newer pistols.

eye dominance is #1. I’m a lefty but right eye dominant, it sucked at first but you’ll be ok since you don’t have any habits built up yet

it's easier for me to switch eyes than hands.
I used to wear those three week contact lenses, but instead of wearing my glasses periodically between lenses I'd just wear one at a time. practice made it easy to switch focus with my eyes.

I've even shot two pistols at the same time at the same target. looking down the left handgun sight with my left eye and the right handgun sight with my right eye.

When you look at a red dot, is it blurry? I have an astigmatism in my right eye, so that's why I can see with the left better. Contacts or glasses might help you.

Target shooting world we train you to shoot with your dominant eye. Especially long guns. You don't have bad habits yet, I'd go that route.

Man Iv struggled with it for awhile and I found that using right hand and canting my head to use my left eye on pistol has worked the best, with rifle I use a red dot and both eyes open is no problem when I swap to irons I squint left eye and have no issues. Don’t buy lefty shit just use your dominant hand way easier at least for me

How about shooting pistols right handed, and long guns left handed?

Shoot pistols right handed and long guns left handed. You can easily hold a handgun over to use your left eye and trigger control is much harder with a handgun so you want to use your dominant hand. This is the established way for cross-dominant shooters. Larry Vickers is cross dominant and I’m pretty sure he’s done some videos on it.

Just shoot left handed.

I'm the opposite from you, I'm left handed but right-eye dominant. I shoot pistols left-handed and long guns right-handed. Works great for me.

I'd suggest you try shooting your pistols right-handed and your long guns left-handed.

Right hand left eye here.
It sucks.
Also right eye goes out of focus some days.
Eye doctor says it's all right...
Adapt, overcome I guess

this is what I do. works ok, but handling right handed rifles with left hand can be awkward

t. left handed and left eye dominant

I'm a lefty, but can shoot right handed if I aim with my left eye or both eyes open.

I'm blind in my right eye so I know this feel, just shoot left handed. That simple.

Know that bullpups will forever be your bane.

Attached: ,shooty.jpg (902x676, 362K)

remove some material from the stock or put on a really tall optic so that you can get your left eye in line when shooting right handed
i promise that you wont look like a complete faggot

Why do weapon manufacturers are adopters still base their rifle on left handed statistics when the true statistics should be based of eye dominance?
Even though less than 30% of the population is left handed. Eye dominance would be way closer to 50%.

I'm left hand, but right eye dominant. I just close my right eye and use the left. Works fine

>Eye dominance would be way closer to 50%

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

I'm also right handed left eye dominant. I shoot all long guns left handed and only have issues with bolt actions (just because action is for right handed people usually) and AKs with the slanted muzzle (they kinda slap you on the face) . Pistols I shoot right handed. It honestly not that big of deal, I suggest shooting left handed.

Attached: Venom.jpg (1024x682, 125K)

Eye dominance is a meme. Shoot right handed. Even if you’re left handed, most guns are designed for righties

no
but it's up to you to prove I'm wrong...

>Know that bullpups will forever be your bane.
N.

Attached: 20180323_095423.jpg (3090x1873, 3.9M)

I do this as well, except for using something as gay as a slant brake

I don't use a slanted brake either but it's common on AKs.

>blind in right eye
>fat
>in glownigger militia with a bunch of tryhard faggots

You are literally ht most worthless trip on this fucking board. KYS or go cry to the jews in Washington Post again faggot.

Right handed, left eye dominant as well. Just get used to shooting with your non-dominant eye for rifles.

I'm right-handed but left eye dominant, and I just close my left eye and shoot with my right eye. Not a problem.

I've heard you can shift your dominance by wearing a patch over the dominant eye for long enough. However, I doubt the ~6 hours a day I could devote to piracy (couldn't get away with it at work due to needing both eyes) would be enough to have a meaningful effect if it's even possible at all.

I have a super fucked up right eye that can only be corrected to 20/40 at best. So I just shoot my long guns left handed and I actually shoot handguns ambidextrously, though I do prefer right handed most of the time even if it's not completely natural. I jerk off left handed, so that made the transition easy I guess.

Not a single gun I own is left handed, even though I have been temped to buy a few left handed bolt guns before. I do own a single fully ambi gun though, and a few of my handguns have paddle mag releases, making it a little easier to shoot left handed.

Lmao stay salty

I can barely shoulder a rifle with my non-dominant hand

Attached: 72CF14FD-E1CB-4967-804C-CDC20DEA0DF4.jpg (400x400, 22K)

I'm the same way, it's just something you have to learn to live with. It's not as bad as you think.

Attached: Yugo M48 backyard fun.jpg (3000x2000, 872K)

Shitty ass genes ITT

Iff you raise tariffs you can take money from businesses which in term take from the public and line the coffers of the fed. The public blames comoanies and not the gov. Tax without rep...

I'm the same situation op. I like it. I do alot of things with my left hand though some I'm a bit of a weirdo. I can shoot pistols either hand well enough. Always shoulder the rifle on the left side if you're left eye dominant. Most right hand rifles work fine from the left shoulder. If you buy an ar make sure it has a brass deflector.

RHLE here, I tried lefty once and it was shit, it also felt like shit. Talked to an instructor and he convinced me to not do lefty except for what RHRE people do, and just use my right eye when shooting.
It means I have to close my left eye when I first bring irons to my eye to force a temporary shift to my right eye but other than that no change.
I do love red dots, super easy for me to use. I can get a headache if I use irons for several hours without a break but other than that it’s a non issue.
I shoot bows lefty, and when using bolt guns like to cycle the bolt with my left hand (underhand) while I keep my right hand on the grip though.
There are a number of solutions, I did what worked for me, that might not work for everyone though.

i just look at the sights with both eyes open. i can see the sights just fine

>learn to use my left hand for all shooting
this