Very accurate sniper/hunting rifle for low/reasonable price

>Very accurate sniper/hunting rifle for low/reasonable price

DOES IT EXIST!?

Attached: hathcock-sniper-gun-og.jpg (800x422, 46K)

Ruger Predator 6.5 Creedmore

Look for Tikkas

Mossberg patriot is a pretty solid gun for the price. If you can budget a bit higher, Weatherby has a Vanguard model that comes with a Leupold 3-9x40 scope for just over a grand. Pretty great deal if you ask me.

define very accurate

define low/reasonable price

at least 300 yards of accuracy

low as in 1000~1500 range

Any modern bolt action .308 with a match-crowned barrel will be more accurate that 99% of the people who can shoot it, user.

wew lad

I'm a reincarnated soul of a legendary sniper named Habib Dulamunon Kalal I can shoot alright

>at least 300 yards of acuracy
I can hit a 10" gobg with irons on a garbage rod that i bought for $70

For $1500 you could easily get something that can be very accurate past 1000 yards, lurk on /prg/

Howa 1500.

>Tikkas
>low price
Meh.
Why on Earth would anyone pick 6.5 over .270?

Savage Axis and a Burris scope

Barrel life

you made the exact same thread last week faggot

Current production Model 70's aren't expensive

If you buy a 300$ instead of a 1k Tikka/Howa 6.5, you can get three times the normal .270 barrel life. Barrel life vs cost is in favor of the .270.

I hit a one foot steel plate with 100 year old Husqvarna Mauser last Friday at 350 yards with irons. If it was sporterized I could do it at 1000. It cost $200. I built a R700 with a 5R bull barrel for $700+$150 for the scope, and that was a rip off price. Get a 6.5x55 Tikka and stop being a pussy.

Attached: 1517681975011.jpg (349x320, 18K)

Unless you can spend your day shooting as a sniper the rifle will not matter. The rifles listed above will be fine.

I can get a 6.5 Tikka for $500 and barreled action Howa 6.5 for $300 what planet do you live on

T/C Compass with aftermarket trigger spring. Its cheap and shoots moa

Savage axis

famas

>sniper
If you mean 1km+ distance shooting then not really, upside is that you will never shoot that far to begin with.
>hunting/marksman and accurate
Savage Axis, Mossberg Predator, hell I’ve even heard of the Remington 783 being rather accurate out of the box.

Someone killed more than 500 vatniks with a nugget in finland, skill matter more

>.270
boomer detected

>hates .270
Sad!

m8, if youre not hitting vitals at 300 yards with just about any center fire rifle youre doing something wrong like shitty zeroing or flinch, you cheaped out on your optics and mounts, or you broke something on your optic and mount.
>ruger american 6.5cm, 243, 308
>leupold 3-9x
>leupold mounts
>Honrady SST or American hunter ammunition
thats like $700, and will work well. make sure to take the time to assemble it right, use a little blue locktite on the mounts, and zero it off a solid front bag (FOREGRIP ON BAG NOT BARREL) and a rice sock for the buttstock. Practice your form and never let anything touch the barrel.

>Why on Earth would anyone pick 6.5 over .270?
gentler recoiling and still kills fine. no significant ballistic performance difference inside of 300 yards either.

I would recommend a K31 but they have really gone up in price. You might still be able to pick up a k11 for sub 500 though and they are just as good IMO. Also you could troll LGS and old fudd shops and try to find a decent sporterized mauser. you can usually get bubbaed 7mms for really cheap

Otherwise I would just go with something by Ruger if you are looking for something on the cheap.

Milsurp is never a good recommendation in 2019. A 300 dollar Thompson compass shoots farther, smaller groups, weighs considerably less, has a warranty, isn't rusted to shit like old milsurp, doesn't have a fucked barrel like old milsurp, has a warranty, and won't require super expensive meme ammo

>implying target crowning necessarily improves accuracy

Neck yourself

Attached: xap3woba2mw21.jpg (450x596, 54K)

What this user said

Attached: shot_1555270810269~2.jpg (1200x1124, 305K)

i just got a new mauser m18 and damn it shoots and feels nice. if you want something cheaper give the ruger american a look. at short range like 300 yards most likely any modern hunting rifle will do the trick

Any sporting goods store will have a variety of MoA hunting rifles for a few hundred dollars each. Spending $1,000 on the rifle alone will almost gaurantee sub MoA no matter what you choose.

>.270
I see that you are a man of culture as well.

long-range tight-group touchy touchy. What more could one ask for?

You need faster twist barrels for the heavier match bullets for 270 right? Are modern manufactures commonly doing that or no?

270 is an excellent cartridge suitable for everything from 70 pound does to people, elk, moose, and even bear. 20c more per round than fuddy ought buck and 3x the performance.

I have this old Winchester 338 win mag bolt gun that has pretty good Express irons on it. Should I invest in an optic or just buy ammo and git gud. I'm shooting elk in bear country at 25 to 300 yards. I would want a suitable "dangerous game" scope in case I do run into bear.

Get a good low power optic my dude.
You'll shoot better in general and especially in low light.
Depending on your price range you've got a wide variety of choices.

1200 bucks? I'd prefer something lightweight and fixed. Durability is a plus too since it's a gun I hike through brush with.

Not him, but if you can do $1,500 you can pick up a used Kahles k16i(1-6x).

Walmart sells a heavy barrel Savage Axis chambered in 6.5 cm with a Bushnell 3-12 optic for less than $400.

Bergara b14 HMR 6.5 creedmoor
It's in the name.

You get what you pay for.
A cheap hunting rifle? Savage Axis or Ruger American, but if you want good long range precision you just gotta pay up.

Ruger Precision Rifle is a good one for a good price, and by that I mean if you're not a complete poorfag.

Attached: precision rifle ruger.jpg (1400x425, 76K)

6.5CM T/C Compass + Super Amazing DIY Trigger Job + EGW base + Vortex Viper 6.5-20X44 PA + Vortex Rings
It’s probably about as good of a budget set up as you can get.
The barrel is a moderately heavy sporter contour. It does fine if you are not shooting rapidly.

Attached: 77ECC140-5640-412F-913B-218195706088.jpg (756x1008, 172K)

>300 yards
here

Attached: 1543239308801.jpg (660x459, 43K)

Pretty much this. You can buy aftermarket stocks if you want, but get this and then throw as much as you can into a solid scope

>elk, moose, and even bear
You can kill a bear with a .22 but I’d still want a bigger bullet and probably more power if we’re talking brown

The majority of Simo's kills was with a machinegun.