Question regarding a suppressed .300BLK rig

I'm considering acquiring a suppressed 300BLK pistol/SBR of some kind. I know it's basically just another step in a developing addiction, but I'm justifying it by telling myself I want a capable home defense weapon that wouldn't negatively impact my hearing in the unlikely event I have to use it for that purpose. I built my own AR a few months ago and after a few range trips, the idea of hearing it go off in a confined space with no ear pro doesn't sound all that great.

Firstly, am I a fucking idiot for wanting a suppressed pistol/SBR in 300BLK in the first place? Is my "reasoning" for wanting one valid at all?

Secondly, should I build or buy? What would Jow Forums recommend for parts/complete firearms?

Attached: ST909300B_RA-1.jpg (2100x1454, 708K)

Not crazy at all. Go for it.

notice how springfield has lowered the fuck out of the price on these. also shilling those m1as everywhere. must be getting really desperate.

>Do we sell guns or sell out gun owners?
Gee, I wonder.

Should I just buy one or go through the process of building?

Does a reputable manufacturer sell one in the exact configuration you want?
Shop around. Compare pricing.
You've got a spreadsheet tool on your computer, right? Use it.

If you want it, buy it. Just be careful with your ammo, and be careful trusting anyone you take to the range to help you load mags.

Justifying it as a home defense gun is tough, since in that role it basically behaves exactly like a pistol caliber; seems you could just go with a suppressed PCC (in any of the big 5 calibers, although .357sig would be a bizarre choice for a suppressed build), get cheaper practice ammo, and never worry about pic related.
But it's not like it won't work.

.300 Blackout is great when you need a quiet gun for relatively long range, as those long, aerodynamic bullets retain energy much better than fat pistol bullets. But that's not typical home defense.
.300 Blackout is great when you need to choose between high velocity and subsonic in the same gun. But that's not typical home defense either.
If all you want is subsonics at short range, I just don't see where it's a real improvement over a pistol caliber.

Attached: CAL_MULTI_2.jpg (1024x576, 62K)

>SCREAMING INTERNALLY

Daily reminder that .300 WILL chamber in a 5.56 gun, and that you NEED to be certain of your ammo if you have both.

300blacked is gay get an m92 PAP

Especially if you're converting .223/5.56 brass, yeah.

supressed 300 is not as quiet as the internet ant yt gun reviewers would have you believe. sure, there are a lot of factors at play- gun, can, ammo, temp, and other environmental factors.
and "quiet" is subjective of course, its like banging two pans together hard imo. hearing safe? maybe. im just saying its not as quiet as you might think. just more info for you.

.300 chimpout is literally western x39 that can be reliably used in an ar, be reloaded, and be used subsonic, suppressed, and/or from a short barrel. If all you have is commie guns x39 is fine. Foe anyone that lives in the first world, there's no reason to pick it over .300.

It's still a shitter round than 7.62x39

ill also add, im not disparaging OP from getting that combo for home defense nor am i saying its not worthwhile in general. its jsut that i was kind of dissapointed, suppressed 300 with sub ammo is not as quiet as the internet would have you believe.

Shittier at being cheap, steel cased, corrosive commieshit. No worse than equal at literally everything that matters except price.

.300 BLK is really affordable to reload, too.

>Literally western x39
They're similar in practice, but they're designed for different reasons. You mentioned all of them, but it's not "and be used subsonic" it's "for the intent of subsonic". "and be used" implies that it wasn't designed for canned sbrs from the beginning. It's not "literally" it's just similar.

Otherwise you're right all around, it's a fuckin meme caliber that only exists for a very specific reason and is outclassed in every other conceivable way.

It has far better ballistics. Reduced drag is a big part of it too. The 7.62x39 may have a higher muzzle velocity, but it drops off faster. The .300 blackout has a higher velocity past 200 yards. Look it up.

I was drawing a comparison to x39, in which case its intended use is somewhat less relevant. It does what it was meant to do very well, but if you're looking at .300 as an alternative to x39 its subsonic, suppressed performance isn't as important.

>far better ballistics
lolno

a rifle is never a home defense weapon. get a fucking $300 12g shotgun.

>Slightly smaller diameter while also significantly heavier
It's going to have a much better ballistic coefficient.
At what range does 7.62x39 go transonic again?

Nice argument. Typical of a mouth breathing ak fag.

You are both wrong. Enjoy your meme wildcat rounds

>You are both wrong
Point out the error in

>t. Jow Byden

You do you gramps, I'll have my 7.5" suppressed 300 blk on standby.

It's a dollar per round and will never ever be standardized

300 blk is about under 50 cpr and it's been a SAAMI standard since January 17, 2011.

dummy

>It's a dollar per round and will never ever be standardized
I said neither of those things and you're wrong on both counts. It has been a long time since I've seen someone so aggressively stupid on Jow Forums. Congrats. That's a pretty high bar.

It's shit

Attached: STOP LIKING THINGS.jpg (600x673, 83K)

Dude, do you require the absolutely shortest gun in a rifle caliber, or plan on shooting subsonic past 50m regularly?

If not, I say skip the .300 blk. If you find pistol rounds acceptable for home defense, and you want something hearing safe, something like an Evo 3 or a MCX with supressor and subsonic 9mm will be cheap to feed and quiet.

If you really want that SCHV though and you're okay with slightly hearing unsafe, man, a 12.5" 5.56 gun with supressor (130-140db) is going to be so much cheaper to feed that you're likely to practice with it more. Yeah, you'll have to still wear ear pro at the range, but if other people are out there anyway, you already are. And you're probably still not going to permanently damage hearing for people in your house. Probably.

>Evo 3 or a MCX
both fine guns, but a pistol AR in 300 blk is cheaper than either one, and the aftermarket parts supply blows either one out of the water.

Also 300blk is more similar to 10mm than 9mm, in both energy and ballistics, so the comparison isn't really accurate.

Stop picking inferior rounds

Yeah, why on earth would anyone want a PCC AR in a cartridge with the energy of 10mm and the bc/sd of 308.

:iiam:

>pistol AR in 300 blk is cheaper than either one
Until you factor in the single highest cost over the lifetime of the pistol, ammo.

Get a 10mm carbine then you idiot