Which is better?

Which is better?

Attached: yari and naginata.jpg (700x596, 38K)

whatever you have training with

The bottom will cut better, the top will stab better.

Depends on your opponent's armor, or lack thereof.

yari obviously

Looking at the historical use the yari would be what you want for formation warfare, while in a smaller and less organised skirmish (where you have room to swing) it'll be more a matter of pure personal preference.

Attached: 9.jpg (768x512, 148K)

so its basically the ancient chinese equivalent of the curved saber vs straight saber argument?

Attached: model1860lightcavalrysaber.jpg (797x262, 25K)

For what?

A typhoon

Casual family outings.

yari started replacing naginata as ashigaru became the norm. Before then the Japanese tended to fight in open ranks, and spears were not very popular, but after they started using yari, really pike formations, the naginata became antiquated and was only used by poorly equipped troops when there were no yari to be had, or individual warriors who chose to arm themselves with it.

Attached: 01heiji.jpg (498x295, 36K)

More like the "on-a-stick" equivalent of the curved saber vs straight saber argument. There are analogues in other countries.

I honestly don't believe that. The bottom one seems like it'll stab just fine and leave a way bigger hole. Plus it looks cooler. If the back doesn't have a false edge and is sharp it's basically a double sided English hook bill that get used well into the point people were wearing entire tin suits to suitable effect. If anything I'd think the top thing would be more common because it's quicker and uses less material to industrial capacity making it easier to arm more people. So if you had a limited amount of smiths and materials even if one is better if you can create 3x of one compared to the other in the same amount of time you potentially have 3 times more people armed and ready which is probably a bit better than individual skill especially if everyone is trying to go at it at the same time. It's kind of rare where people have one person they're fighting and not the threat of 2 or 3 others they could ally with or are waiting to see how it turns out. Mass manufacture and group tactics just seems like the better strategy, attrition losses aren't as difficult to cope with than if you just have a small core of individuals.

Chinese has always been superior. No analog possible.

Attached: raid_one_shot.jpg (1200x1200, 72K)

7 Yuan has been deposited in your account.

Attached: s-l1600 (3).jpg (850x832, 41K)

Haato no Joou my nigga.

Attached: cf3765c96c9967c6b67867221287c0406c8655d0_s2_n1.jpg (2730x1536, 1.28M)

Can't do shit to me and muh ppl if we transform

Attached: 11_Kamen_Riders_(1-Black).jpg (532x304, 29K)

Hello chang

I didn't say the bottom one couldn't stab, just that the top would be better. If you can't tell that by looking at them you are clearly autistic.

fun fact, ashigaru were of mixed social class. The lowest ranks of samurai(gokenin and below in the Edo period) served as ashigaru, while many other ashigaru were commoners

That's true, the line between ashigaru and the lowest level of samurai was really ambiguous at that point, and even during the Edo period there were groups with liminal status.

Low ranking foot solders were also used before the sengoku, but there was a major transition in tactics during the latter half of the fifteenth century, at which point infantry tactics really became dominate.

based mutant bugman, trips confirm

brb buying stock in chinese companies

Attached: checkmate.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

>Thunder thunder thunder THUNDERCATS HOOOOOO

Attached: omens.jpg (768x512, 191K)