1911 expert help

Can anyone price check my 1911?

Its apparently an Colt pre-war Government model made in 1933 for Argentina. Its got no finish left and has an import mark on the frame. Bore is frosty and there is a few pits.

I'm thinking of rust bluing it and keeping it as a shooter, but I don't want to devalue it if I decide to sell it in the future.

Attached: IMG_5271.jpg (4032x3024, 2.06M)

Other side

Attached: IMG_5270.jpg (4032x3024, 1.97M)

bump

Hard to say really. It is a Colt though. Boomers salivate for anything with the pony on the side. I saw a non matching heap of a 1911 pre-A1 in worse shape than your own with deep pitting go for over a grand at a small local auction. Might put it up at a local auction house. You get two Colt collectors in the same room and you'll likely do okay.

that guns already been devalued
you rustbluing it wont increase the money can sell it for. if anything you will be out the cost you spend doing it.
at the same time it wont decease cause its already crap

sarco?

Yeah, I got it from them for $500. It was the only one in the group of Argentines that was made by Colt.

I had someone tell me it didn't have any collector value left so just fuck it, but I'm just unsure.

If you decide to reblue it either have it done by a professional or make sure you do everything right.

Bluing a gun is like painting a car, if you're even slightly lazy with the prepwork the end result will look like complete shit.

I know how to rust blue correctly and metal prep, I just don't want to be the guy that fucked with a unicorn gun. But I guess I'll just say screw it and refurb it anyways

Rebluing and fixing something like this is fine, but sportorizing a milsurp rifle isn’t gonna being much value to many folks.

Most good gun shops will price them for you for free. Buy something while you’re there though like a box of ammo for their time.

I was literally looking at that same gun but was gone when I went back to buy it. I guess I found the motherfucker with good taste who snatched it from me, nice buy bro.

Attached: 1524357333252.png (500x372, 80K)

Oh fuck, yeah I checked it out last week on a drive down to Texas and had them ship it to me.

Sorry bro, I could have sworn I saw another one like it there next to all the Argentine ones though. Sarco's phone service is kinda shit but they might have some more.

It's all good bro, at least it went to a good home, enjoy it man, just don't do something stupid like refinish or swap out the grips or anything. It's charm is the worn look

its perfect dont touch it

>no finish left and has an import mark on the frame
>bore is frosty and there is a few pits
Doesn't sound perfect to me. Could stand to be reblued/reparked IMO.

Refinished == 0% original finish, which is where you are now.

Are ALL the parts original? Remove that firing pin plate to see if the number matches the frame.

This is my 1918-vintage "Black Army" Colt. It still had all its original parts, but it was heavily buffed and then excessively blued. I wish it had been kept original.

As a C&R FFL holder and Gen-Xer, I am begging you to leave it as-is. You are a custodian of history

Attached: Left Side.jpg (800x600, 276K)

and another thing

There are people out there who are skilled and worthy enough to make that Colt look as it if just left Hartford

I seriously doubt you can afford them; at least the ones still alive

> I am begging you to leave it as-is. You are a custodian of history
>This
If you want a nice looking intact 1911 for cheap, just buy a new produced Auto Ordnance or a roach made one, leave this guy as is

>leave this guy as is
that gun looks like someone took all the finish off with a wire wheel or something after it rusted sometime in the past
he cant make it worse unless he parts it out

The gun looks great as is.

Attached: 20180804_131107.jpg (1887x2080, 2.81M)

Those grips are terrible and whoever made those and thought they were better than the stock ones should feel bad.

Maybe if you have little bitch hands

Why do boomers pay thousands for these shit guns? At least m1 garlands aren’t made anymore, 1911s are. Paying a grand for some rusted best to shit trash. I’d pay 50 bucks max for ops pic.

im talking about from a collectors standpoint
even if he spraypainted/cerakoted/reblued it
he could easily get it back it its current condition of bare steel with a wirewheel
from a collectors standpoint its crap. the guy who said it has no value to collectors and you should do what you want is right.
it has value as a functioning gun but thats it.

I had a 1911A1 Argie about 40 years ago, much better shape than this; It's a serviceable handgun. Personally a cold blue would not hurt it, buy a triangular jeweler's file and dress-up those serrations. Don't bother with the rest of the metal beyond degreasing. The grips look like they are old post war plastic so you could replace them w/walnut. The barrel should be GTG despite corrosion. Knock yourself-out, have fun with it!

>I am a collector
>it has value to me
Gotcha fucko.

how much would you pay for that? be honest.
if i said oh its worth 1000 bucks youd tell the to fuck right off

I think OP got it at a fair price at $500. That doesn't mean it has no collectors value.

500 is its a fucking 1911 price though

Your point?

if you were a collector youd be willing to pay more. admitting its 500 is pretty much say yeah its a bottom of the barrel 1911 at least in terms of condition

>if you were a collector you'd be willing to pay more
Okay buddy

Who gives a fuck about that? If you're a collector, be proactive and compete in the market for what you want, otherwise it's tough shit.