What does Jow Forums think of the Sig P365...

What does Jow Forums think of the Sig P365? Took my mother to buy her first gun and to show her the process of actually getting on so she did the background check and everything. She wanted the Glock 43 but I convinced her to get this one instead.

So what does Jow Forums of this gun? Its sub compact, comes with tritium night sights, $50 more than the G43. 2 10rnd mags and the gun in small than the G43 too.

She will be doing her CC course soon too. Do your moms or family members carry or own?

Attached: 53835-DEFAULT-l.jpg (1350x900, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dDAMXTRB-Zw
sigsauer.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/OPERATORS-MANUAL-P365-UPDATED-12-26-2018.pdf
google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/9c8ft8/the_sig_p365_still_is_not_fixed_same_issues_the/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks like your mom is going to get raped. These things have experienced reliability issues ever since they were launched, and there’s no indication they’ve been fixed even after three (3) generations of changes

Like what issues.

mom chooses a gun she wants.
OP tells her no.
now she has a gun she didnt want.
WTF kind of son are you, asshole.

I think the grip is way too skinny. I can't get a comfy grip on it. The trigger is really good though.

He's a moron and never owned one. When sig initially released them they had issues with bad firing pin assemblies. This was fixed like a month later. There aren't any real issues now.

It's capacity coupled with its size has rendered every single other carry gun obsolete

She complained the gun was still too big and was only 6 rounds, didnt know about the sig until I told her and she tried it out and liked it a lot more. It was still her choice. Also liked the trigger more.

Like firing pins breaking, triggers self-destructing and more.
>you didn't throw your money away on a broken gun, so you can't comment!
based sigshill

>Like firing pins breaking, triggers self-destructing and more.
Literally no evidence and will never produce evidence other than anti sig haters and anecdotal stories.

Lets be honest, are you fags really going to pick the glock 43 over the sig?

Kys retard

>there's no evidence
>if there is evidence, those people just don't like sig
>even if they didn't hate Sig before their guns broke, it's just anecdotal and Sig reworking the guns multiple times to address these very shockingly widespread anecdotal failures is a coincidence because the gun is fine now after they fixed it but not because it was broken and shit, they just thought it'd be fun to redesign the gun three times

I'd tell you not to use a gun to kill yourself, shill, but your gun probably wouldn't send it anyway.

Tell that to my BFR desu.

Attached: UnBearable.gif (320x180, 1.56M)

I like it. I carry it instead of my g43 now. I may have been hesitant to buy one if I didn't already have another subcompact to fall back on.

>gun is fine now after they fixed it
>gun is fine
Thanks for proving other anons point you botard

Yep, it's fine. Totally fine. Like it always was. All those people whose guns failed? Shills. Even though they have video evidence. It's fabricated. They just fixed it for fun.

Remember to buy a Sig Legion (TM) and a M17 US ARMY edition today.

youtube.com/watch?v=dDAMXTRB-Zw

Attached: Paul Harrell.jpg (499x482, 119K)

Based Harrelposter

I have a G43. If I did it over again I'd by the p365.

He does some pretty good tests on it. If you don't feel like watching, he likes it.

Worked fine today

Early guns had some reliability issues, those were fixed. The firing pin does drag across the primer during extraction/ejection. This is not uncommon for small semi-autos that have high slide velocities. A firing pin should ideally not be subject to that kind of lateral force, but if it doesn't break then it's not an issue. If you're still uncomfortable, you can get a forged aftermarket firing pin that is very unlikely to break.

But why mess around with it given the primer drag? Its stupid small. It shoots remarkably well for being so stupid small, and with no dangling pinkie using the 12-round mag. You heard that right, a 12-round 9mm parabellum magazine in a sub/micro-compact. Even the flush 10-round magazine is pure black magic fuckery. You can hate the gun, but those magazines are fucking glorious pieces of engineering.

Not a soldiers gun

Interesting. Good to know. I usually just skip through the footage of the tests to get to the results.

Watching it, I kind of felt like the gun would be better with about a half inch more barrel. He compares it to another 9mm that has a half inch longer barrel and a full size Beretta 92 with an inch and a half longer barrel. The drop off in velocity between the full size Beretta and the gun with a 3 and a half inch barrel is actually less than the drop off between the 3 and a half and the 3 inch Sig 365. It still gets pretty good velocity though and its made for CC not target shooting so its not that big a deal; but if I could get one with an extra half inch of barrel sticking out the front that was threaded for a suppressor I think it would be even better.

I love my P365.

It was pretty when it was new, pic from last year

Attached: thumbnail_IMG_3932 - Copy.jpg (1280x960, 483K)

I like it. A lot. Made guns like the G43 and Shield irrelevant.

Little too small for me, and unfortunately I've had more issues out of it than my shield. Maybe two lights strikes, couple feeding malfunctions here and there, even when it was clean and oiled

How many rounds have you fired with it

Yes.

5 or 6, I lost count.

Attached: Dirty Harry Do You Feel Lucky Punk.jpg (1600x900, 166K)

I held one at PSA the other week. Felt amazing, great trigger. I really want one, but I'm holding out for a bit because of the speculations surrounding QC issues when it was first released

I'd carry 147s in it. I'd carry 147s in any sub compact desu, I carry 115+p+ in my Glock 19

I can't remember if Paul tested those in the video. He did a couple different rounds.

ShootingTheBull410 has done extensive testing of 9mm in the Sig 938. 147 seems to be the best option, since you're not really maximizing the lighter, faster rounds in the short barrels, even possibly the risk that they don't expand without the proper velocity

Why not carry 147gr in the G19 too so then you only have one round?

Because a longer barrel will get better performance out of a lighter high velocity round.

Because I just personally prefer the lighter, faster 9mm in my bigger guns. I used to carry 147 Ranger Ts, but I can shoot the lighter stuff much faster and stay on target better. I also like the energy load of 115+p+. I don't own a subcompact at the moment so the only rounds I have stocked are 115 and 124. Not a biggie for me to have a few boxes of 147 for a subcompact in the event I finally give in and get one

Have fun loading all her mags for her.

I bought the Mossberg.

You should have let your mom get the Glock.

I got one, it's good, hope it doesnt break.

This, also the P365 is NOT a woman's gun by any means. It's snappy as fuck and difficult to load the double stack mags by hand.
Now imagine an older woman attempting to do these things. You fucked up OP, should have had her get a snubbie 22lr

I'd pick the Shield or Walther over both.

She dead. You should have bought a glock 42

Fuck yeah give me the 43 or the 42 of fuck it give me a shield or mp 9c

I really like that salty Glock faggots hate Sig for every little fuck up, like every other gun company hasn't had similar screw ups.

Glock actually makes reliable handguns and has an objectively safer action as well.

Enjoy your broken firing pin and dead trigger. Sig fanboys sperg every thread at people who point this out too.

>What does Jow Forums think of the Sig P365?
carry mine every day. got 3000+ rounds through it and I've never had an issue.

>There aren't any real issues now
No safety? I don't want to sigleg myself.

Nah dude its all the craze now to carry what is literally a single action gun with no manual safety and the bare minimum internal safeties.

I hate this retarded trend.

Don't forget to keep it in a level 0 holster. You gotta be quick for those split second Walmart gunfight duels you keep running into.

Also make sure you have a leather holster for the sweet comfort and luxury and increased chance of snagging the light trigger on something.

>4lbs trigger
>round in chamber
>fully cocked striker
>no manual or trigger safety
>bare minimum drop safety
>known firing pin problems
>AIWB carry
>leather holster
It's almost like P365 users WANT to shoot themselves.

Kek

Then you get the boomer who grumbles muh booger hook or muh finger is muhr safety

The fucking arrogance and stupidity of these clowns is astounding. I would never carry the p365

I'd say it's pretty nice, although I haven't heard great things about it. I like that 10 and 12 round mag, I looked through its manual (Page 36 - 7.2 Magazine Disassembly -- sigsauer.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/OPERATORS-MANUAL-P365-UPDATED-12-26-2018.pdf ) and OK, weird looking spring. They managed to fit 12 in there.
Based. I already have a Ported S&W Shield, but I'll pick up a Mossberg when I get the money, just to support them because they used Glock mags.

I still hear about issues with broken strikers, drag, and fucked springs.
It might be better but they sure as shit have not fixed it.

forgot level 0 holster

the ONLY instance of working P365 without the firing pin drag on primer were those that replaced it with the $90 milled hardened tool steel firing pins made in the US.

Do you put your booger on the bang switch when drawing and holstering

Is it still an issue or do you think the malfunctions I still read about are from pistols that never got recalled?

I only ever had the first gen and haven't given it a chance since. However, multiple reviewers who are not usually shills have commented on all three iterations of the P365 and the primer drag continues to be a thing, fairly extreme on the P365 compared to its peers. While the 2019 production ones seem to be fine now, I would pass on it given the history of issues.

also hand carry best carry

sig is a garbage company now, has been since the mid 2010's

don't trust your life with streetshitter casted steel

Attached: Sig 238 938 Ambi safety kit.jpg (1600x1200, 165K)

and it's poor quality parts and unreliability made them all relevant again

Looking at 43X vs. P365.
After watching tons of videos and reading many reviews I think the P365 is still the better choice because it's smaller and comes with better trigger and sites and more rounds with the 12 round mag. All reviews mention the notoriously bad Glock sites that either have to be replaced for an extra $75-125 or you just suffer with the bad plastic sites it comes with. I've seen many videos at ranges with people missing shots with the 43X default sites, even good shooters who I've seen hit long range shots with much worse guns. I've also seen 3000+ round torture tests of the P365 with zero malfunctions which is more than a concealed carry gun would ever realistically need.

nogunz
also, sights*

Do you have evidence that those indian parts are actually breaking tho?

yes
>indian parts
there

If you can link to any quantified test where the 43X beats the P365 I'd be interested in reading it.

You know that all commercial airliners currently flightworthy have indian MIM parts in them right? All those airliners that aren't crashing because streetshitting parts break. Remember when people used to say japanese electronics were junk? Or everything from china is junk? Thats something stupid idiots say now because the highest quality vehicles and electronics come from japan and iphones and spaceships come from china.

Evidence of indian sig breakage where pls? If none, kindly fuck off and die thx.

Attached: IMG-6505.png (1024x576, 268K)

Yes yes I am sure that sig of all people is holding their MIM products to the same standards as aircraft

sig shill seething

So no proof. K.

You can leave the thread.

literally just google it for HUNDREDS of reports and tests and photos and results. Don't trust your life to Indian shit by Sig.

search "sig p365 firing pin" and watch videos, read articles, see forums, etc. I owned first gen and both my firing pin and trigger were broken, firing pin first, replaced, then trigger, replaced, then sold the PoS.

>photos
oh id like to see those?

Learn to read the thread knucklefucker.
>implying you ever owned a sig and arent just brandshitting on sour grapes like a good little parrot

I don't like it, but not because it's a bad pistol, but because it's too small for me and striker. My carry piece is a SAS 227, and because I usually left my 229 at home for defense my mother got comfortable with it, which is why she now carries a 229. Not all women like subcompact.

Searched that. Only brings up results proving that the firing pin does not fail. Did you have another link you could share?

learn to be less retarded

My carry piece is a SCAR heavy. Fuck subcompacts. I'm a large man almost 5'1" in heels. I need a big gun too.

>googles
>only looks at results that agrees with his false worldview
googlefu skills 10%

Haven't seen a single google result yet that shows an actual failed P365 after the first production run. I'm on page 15 of google results. Tell me when I should stop or when you find that imaginary link you can't provide.

>stock trigger
>not installing an even LIGHTER aftermarket trigger on day one and sawing off the trigger guard
t. will never be the quickest draw in his local Safeway

Open challenge to all racist sig bashing meme parroting morons: Post one single image of a broken indian sig part. Just one image.
Remember, sig didnt start sourcing parts from india until mid 2017.

Watch this anchor post for all the examples of how shitty indian parts are.

Attached: wm_6973125.jpg (1600x1200, 197K)

This is going to be unrelated to Sig. Everything made in China is shit. But airplane parts made in India? Absolutely fucking disgusting, this should be illegal. Airplanes should be one of the last fucking things that is cheaped out on. Whoever thought this was a good idea should be hung. Don't want some god damned Boeing crashing into my house because of streetshitting garbage.

google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/9c8ft8/the_sig_p365_still_is_not_fixed_same_issues_the/

Can’t tell if Pajeet or Sig Shill
>oh god he’s probably both

China DOES make junk
Get your head out of your ass, raj

Lord, please smite all Sig apologists.

>OP forced his mom into buying nu sig garbage
You obviously just have shit taste and wanted it for yourself. Why didnt you just let your mama get what she wanted faggot

>one example from 8 months ago
Good so they did fix it. Thanks user I will get the P365.

>Like firing pins breaking, triggers self-destructing and more.
Fixed, a lie, and literally nothing else you can even make up.

Lol nobody replied to the anchor post with even a single broken part. Nobody even tried to post obviously old sigs from the early 2000s. What a bunch of pathetic liars all these idiots streetshitting on sig for using indian parts its literally nothing.

Yeah