I want adventure but not sure where to go

>22
>Living in the states, Texas
>Studying electrical engineering
>Feel like I want to go on some crazy adventure just to see the world, something exciting
>Maybe even get to fight something
>Not sure where to go

I've had friends tell me to enlist in the marines or the army and shoot my best shot to end up as a ranger so I can do stuff like that

Others recommend me to go as anti-poaching hunter.

Finally I've had friends tell me to save up some cash after I graduate and get some lessons in combat from professional instructors and buy gear and a two way ticket to go fight with the kurds against ISIS. Or to just be on standby to sneak to Venezuela.

I'm well aware of how far fetched this all sounds.

If you were in my position what would you do, Jow Forums?

what's your opinion?

Attached: therm.jpg (540x540, 137K)

Join a non-Islamic militia in some country with insurgency problem,

>two way ticket to go fight with the kurds against ISIS. Or to just be on standby to sneak to Venezuela.

Enjoy being tortured and having your balls cut off after being considered a spy you fucking retard.

Find somebody you don't like and assassinate them.

recommendations

>"I'm well aware of how far fetched this all sounds."

I'm actually doing something similar with the local pedophile

Attached: 58626008_10218610712559618_8227344523634671616_n.jpg (454x540, 25K)

If you want to waste your life being used up as a hired murderer where money isnt important, enlisting in the us military sounds perfect

Do you have any training or experience? If not, I seriously doubt any (presumably African) countries will hire you for anti-poaching activities.

>If you decide to go full retard,
Remember user, subsonic .22 does the job and it’s damned near impossible to trace.

Just fly to thailand and buy all sorts of strange pussy for a week

I mean, that's the whole point of being a soldier. Killing is part of the job.

I've fired an M16 and I'm pretty comfortable with it and can perform maintenance on it. But you're right, I might need more experience. Would work with a PMC of some sort help?

TY user for the god tier tip, copping a .22 shouldn't be that hard. If I wanted to raid a traphouse that's in the middle of nowhere with 2-3 meth heads inside, what would you use?

Attached: 27066738_174254516672286_8760098043620470094_n.jpg (720x816, 88K)

>non-Islamic militia

Attached: 1557098233.gif (301x405, 2.52M)

>buy sailboat and guns
>sail from gibraltar to the suez canal
>shoot at pirates
>try not to die at the horn
good luck op

>would work with a PMC help lmao

You wouldn't hire a random grunt to be a EE, and PMC's aren't going to hire a random civilian to be a shooter.

-be SF
-be a medic
-be a pilot
-be multi-deployment 11B with a friend in the company who can give you a reference

Those are your options. It's not 2004 anymore when random US cops got hired to guard convoys in Iraq.

if you enlist in the marines you'll sit on your ass in 29 palms for 4 years doing nothing. If you're lucky you might ride a boat to the phillipines once. Only SOF is still getting into combat.

>If I wanted to raid a traphouse that's in the middle of nowhere with 2-3 meth heads inside, what would you use?
I wouldn’t, door-kicking when you’re outnumbered 3-1’s a ticket to a broken back or shattered skull. Instead, I’d wait for the 2nd-4th of the month, when they’re winding down from their gibs-induced drug stupor, then head close sometime around 3-4 Am, splash some gas on the wood paneling and light it with a molotov from a safe distance. With any luck, the problem’s solved and the police’ll pin it on a meth lab accident. ATF faggots note, this is all in theory.

Don't even fucking think about going to Venezuela right now if you're white
I did security for private military in Caracas about 2 years when shit started popping off.
If you look foreign you will be kidnapped/ransomed/killed.
Their gov and civilians will both be targeting you
Also how the fuck do you think you're going to fight against a standing army with no training/gear.
You think US customs is gonna let you through?
On top of everything else they speak a shit ton of language other than spanish.
How are you going to communicate with anyone?

You need at least 3 years infantry/combat arms experience and must be at sergeant (e5) at the bare minimum.

Molotovs and Shotty. Very unlikely they'll call the cops. Remember the golden rule of the raid though, get in get out, don't worry about wasting everybody. When 5 minutes are up you leave.

>I've fired an M16 and I'm pretty comfortable with it and can perform maintenance on it. But you're right, I might need more experience.
Whew lad. Theres a lot more to soldiering than simply operating and maintaining a rifle.
>Would work with a PMC of some sort help?
A PMC won't hire you for the same reasons an African country wouldhht hire you. They're not interested in training recruits from square one. There are plenty of military veterans available for hire that have actual combat experience

Attached: 1445037173114.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>what's your opinion?
Find a good career/ladder and start working for your immediate benefit and gain rather than your sophomoric fantasy. Get a girl(s) if you aren’t a total sperg and enjoy yourself now pursuing your hobbies in your free time and wasting excess income making people jelly.

As you get older you will be glad you did. And you’ll have a lot more to show socially and financially.

Asses creed IV: Black Booty boogaloo

Shit you got me there chief, so no PMC work then unless I pick something useful as a job

I've heard enough stories about the marines from enlisted buds, I might pass on that

>tfw no cool Black ops slow-mo breach

I genuinely hate them since they killed my uncle's dog and have been suspects to multiple rapes.

Venezuela's off the list then

Attached: 46906569_10213912402903411_5100647463593705472_o.jpg (1455x1052, 106K)

Attached: 1211650192928.jpg (587x836, 204K)

Enlisting is waiting around and it fucking sucks.
Commissioning is baby sitting and fucking sucks.
You want real adventure?
World motorcycle rally racing.
Look up the dakar rally, and the baja1000.

Ok Jow Forums, so far my removed options are

>going to venezuela
It's just not a smart plan at all to go there, since civs will target me, I'll have 0 support, I'm literally just a civ with fantasies of a wild adventure, and there's no way to sneak any gear from the states to Venezuela without raising alarm bells

>Anti-poach hunting
They require military experience and seasoned veterans, I only know how to use a couple of standard systems. (M4/M16)

>PMCs
^same reason as above

>Going to Syria to fight with the Kurds
CIA/NSA/FBI spooks would hound me, label me as a traitor or I'd get my ass handed in the first minute of interrogation. Not a smart plan, at least for now

>Marines
Probably gonna get stationed in 29 palms and do nothing
I think my only solid plan is to get on good shape, enlist in the army, and hope to get to get ranger

Attached: 34319872_2034076969967316_582340893244129280_n.jpg (539x960, 67K)

This actually sounds pretty lit too

You can add ranger school in your contract
Don't the the recruiter screw you over
Pick 11b (infantry) or 68W (medic)
You go to basic, then AIT (training for your job)
After that you'll go to airborne school
If you fail airborne/get hurt you will go to your duty station and no ranger school for you
After airborne school you go to RASP
You have on shot, failing means you go to your duty station
After RASP you will go to field surgeon school if you're a medic
You better get your ass in shape, because you can't fail anything
There's an online training program that's recommended by rangers for you to get in shape, look it up
However, if you fail you can always reapply to ranger school in the future, you'll probably be stuck in your unit for 1-2 years though
Passing ranger school doesn't mean you will be in a ranger battalion
You can be a ranger and get stuck in regular infantry/medical unit
Good luck

This is for enlisted only
I don't know how it works for officers
But I'd suggest commissioning since you have some college

You're the first person I've seen post something retarded on Jow Forums and actually take advice instead of just calling everyone pussies and retards. Congratulations.

Attached: Approval.jpg (356x367, 18K)

Dude I'm 22 and my only semi-marketable skills is being a calculus geek playing TF2. lmao why would i walk up here and start acting like I know my shit

I was considering going through the commissioned route, but I'm afraid that if I fail I won't ever have the chance to go through RASP again.

Also, should I go 11B or 11X?

Attached: smol.jpg (1231x647, 95K)

Constellis group is total shitshow now. Being prior combat arms MOS even with no deployments you can get almost any security job short of management. They are even back to hiring cops, pogs, etc for less hostile security jobs, but that is like last resort.

They are burning through employees like its nothing now. Result of the merge/corporate buyout making everything about the money. Shitty pay, shitty conditions, shitty everything. Plus dudes are getting old, and deployments are getting rare. They don't have the numbers to draw from like they used to.

> 11x
why would you even want the possibility of becoming a mortar.

There is so much ass backwards information in this post. Fuck you.

hey look a thread that should be in /meg/ >>I was considering going through the commissioned route, but I'm afraid that if I fail
it's pretty simple, don't fail. if you feel like you could fail, don't try out. light infantry (18th airborne corps) almost always goes wherever socom goes for most operations so they can be security fobbits. particularly the 82nd, 101st, and 10th mtn, but mind you big army is a hurricane sized shitstorm. you could try out for civil affairs. the dudes i knew that went civil affairs ended up having a pretty cushey lifestyle both in service and when they got out.
>Also, should I go 11B or 11X?
probably not. it's up to you whether you want to put up with some of the dumbest shit so you can obtain grunt status. being as you're educated, there's about a hundred jobs that would better suit you, but then again i met an 11b that had gotten a masters degree in physics before he enlisted.
fuck you mortars are fun.

I'm in the same situation like you with 24 and some military experience. The only difference is that I live in europoor and don't have the army option because it trash. Use the opportunity with the us army, its the best way to go.

holy fucking angst

Hike an uber long trail like the North Country Trail, or do some serious innawoodsing deep in the woods of some national forest.

Attached: north-country-trail-700x426.jpg (700x426, 47K)

OP I feel you.

I joined at age 22 also. But man that was in 2007 when shit was still popping. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your plan is horrible.

If you enlist now, you might catch whatever is going to happen with Iran.

You are 80% correct, but 20% retarded.

Try Googling the difference between Ranger School and Ranger Regiment.

>And you’ll have a lot more to show socially and financially.
who gives a fuck about that shit i want to blow shit up

jesus christ this. dont go full retterd

>Going to Syria to fight with the Kurds
Good luck w ur time machine to go back to 2016 m8, Daesh is beaten and the Kurds don't want to wipe your ass for you either.

You can join Pravy Sektor in Ukraine.

>Sektor
Azov is better option.

OP stop being a childish retard and go enlist in your own military. You can't really do anything better at this point, it offers plenty of chances to see some shit if you are not an absolute moron. Do it and you'll see if it is for you. If you are going to be asking same question around 28-30 without having anything really worth of damn in your life, go in France and enlist in FFL.

If you want adventure join the merchant navy.
If you want to go around the world, and clean it then you should consider the military.

And I don't mean "clean" in the good way. I mean "clean" as in "get the fucking brooms and sponges you cunt".

Attached: i never asked for this.jpg (680x680, 65K)

YPG anti-ISIS operations finished in March I think. You can still join, they still have an international unit, but the next opponent will be Turkish proxies. Fighting against air-support isn't fun. Old unit did it in Afrin.

YBŞ have a half decent bunch of dudes in Iraq, believe they're heading on op against SOMEONE (idk who, friend's are being tight lipped about it) in the near future, that could be in Syria alongside the YPG.

Antipoaching could be fun but you won't get paid. Contact a reserve in SA and ask about it. Take some classes on tracking, medical, distance shooting if you want to spruce up your CV

There's always Burma. Friends and I have been eyeing it up. You can go in through organisations such as Free Burma Rangers, or Shadows of Hope.

But if you want that life, and not an adventure, join the Mil, go SOF, keep going even if you leave. Chances are you won't do shit while in, and it's a life, not an adventure though

Attached: 15578707_10209849572133686_5232353957781983261_n.jpg (960x576, 61K)

I screenshotted that, what are the parts that are bullshit so I can black them out?

Join the French Foreign Legion dude. its adventure the job. 5 years tho

>I'm actually doing something similar with the local pedophile
Im not really a proponent of suicide, but you do you

Spooks didn't give a fuck about Kurds until now.

Now they're gonna be fighting Turks, that's a big no-no. It'll be even worse if the smart faction reaches an accord with Assad.