What is Jow Forums's consensus on the Galil ACE

what is Jow Forums's consensus on the Galil ACE.
It is one of the few guns I can get into Maryland that isn't some HBAR bullshit.

Attached: 35509314_915237171997658_9205481462252437504_n.jpg (480x480, 76K)

>It is one of the few guns I can get into Maryland that isn't some HBAR bullshit.
for now

Galils are cool but the ACE is one of the ugliest guns in the world.

They work tho.

RIP

Attached: Larry-Hogan.jpg (600x330, 30K)

Its like an AK but heavy, Jewish, and expensive.

It’s the best AK.

Attached: 0832C9A0-B6F0-466C-BC94-746F1756F3BD.jpg (4032x3024, 2.25M)

curse you exif remover. anyways it’s a good gun

kikeshit

too heavy for an ak, cant mag flick, irons suck, dust cover is a pain to put back on, looks ugly with steel mags.

also too expensive.

Attached: 34534543545.jpg (963x587, 129K)

If you want an AK pattern rifle, don't fall for their tricks, buy from the mt. jew.

Attached: 556R-3.jpg (1000x390, 266K)

Garbage senpai
Now the imi galil was nice.

How bout Kel-Tec?

banned unfortunately
Maryland is pure garbage

Isn't it funny how IWI versions of the same weapons don't get banned? In fact it's technically illegal to ban them.

Attached: 77229.jpg (1000x592, 251K)

no. my fren has 1. its the 556r.

More like the ACE came out later after the law was written, so unless they update it, obviously it's legal (for now).

>556r
>Mountain jew
No, it's a knock off. It has nothing in common with the actual SG series of rifles.

kike garbage

Nah, the best AK is the SAN/SIG 55X series in NATO calibers. But they're too expensive.

>It has nothing in common
except, you know, the internal components and exact method of function. unless you meant the "r" designation, since the rifles it was based on weren't generally chambered in x39. And on that point I would agree, the 556 chambered in actual 5.56 was superior.

Sig Sauers "SG" knockoffs are trash dude, they're a mockery of the actual Swiss made rifles.

I'm going to assume that you've never handled either one.

They are super good

That must be why they're still built by Sig Sauer to this day and are featured in their catalog.
Oh wait, they're not. They died, because they were garbage and couldn't hold a candle to the product they were trying to emulate.

I owned one. What problems do you want to talk about?

SIG USA shipped the first batch with receivers made of Al and no way to accept steel mags without damaging the gun. Their bolts were out of spec, would smash into the receiver and deform. The gas regulator? They were all the same size. The furniture? Cheap plastic. The sights? Not Swiss, cheap cast garbage. The red dot that came with it? Trash, worse than Holosun.

>It is one of the few guns I can get into Maryland that isn't some HBAR bullshit.
I wonder (((why)))

Attached: jew box.gif (267x200, 168K)

Or let's talk about the cheap stocks that would break when they're folded. The clip that was supposed to hold it to the receiver broke regularly. Can we talk about the absolute terrible fitting between the upper and lower?

The sig 556r is both not swiss made and is a massive pile of shit.

I must have gotten a later version than you. Because none of those issues are present.

Congratulations, you got a functioning rifle from a dead product line.

mine literally shipped with a steel OKAY mag, that works fine, and there is no bolt deformation after several thousand rounds. Maybe you got a lemon. Mine is fine. Stock is not broken. Also didn't buy it with an optic, why would you ever buy a gun with an optic pre-installed?

Sig Sauer still makes them. Just not in the US. Parts are available though.

>Maybe you got a lemon
The overwhelming majority of Sig Sauer 556x series rifles were lemons, which is why they have a terrible reputation and why the whole line got shitcanned.
Good for you if you have a working rifle, but don't get all defensive and pissy when the truthbombs are dropped - most of them were absolute trash.

>one anecdote on a Malaysian basket weaving forum
>truth bomb
More like an opinion-fart

They shitcanned the line in the US market because people were only buying ARs. The still sell them and have them listed on the .de website.

>opinion fart
>t-they died because the AR is more popular
Okay retard, peddle whatever cope you want. Pretend that SIG didn't fuck up the whole line because your emotional wellbeing is wholly invested in your rifle, which was the exception to the rule.
Also, Nobody gives a fuck about the Islamic Republic of Germany, the thread is specifically about the Galil ACE and Maryland laws, two things that don't concern you if you're a braindead kraut fucktard. What's made in Germany is irrelevant, because they're not being built in the US, they're not being exported to the US, which means it has nothing to do with what we're talking about - American guns on American soil.
Now fuck off and play farming simulator or whatever it is you euroscum do in your cucksheds.

It's one of them "improved" AKs right. There's plenty of them. It's indeed the most modernized AK alternative, but they moved too far away from what makes the AK the AK with all the plastic critical parts. In my opinion, if you must into improved AKs, get a VZ58. It's the perfect blend of old and new.

>lighter weight aluminum
>slimmed down design
>selector switch rather than lever
>charging handle tilted upward for ambidextrousness, still attached directly to the bolt carrier for reliability
>closed-ish design, sure the top of the bolt can get dirt on it but that doesn't mean shit, it never affected the SKS and it won't affect the VZ
>no plastic, still has the arcane-ness yet die hard robustness that you want if you're looking into an AK or its alternative
>bayonets, motherfucker

In short, the ace is a combination of an AR and AK that doesn't retain the pros of either very well. It's less accurate and heavier than an AR, and less robust than an AK. It's also far less common than either, even more so than the VZ, so gl finding parts and upgrades.

The Galil is just AK with rails. The VZ is a totally different gun and also outdated as shits.

>t.can't afford one

You're either the same retard defending the piece of shit Sig Sauer flop which is a well documented lemon or you're just retarded and don't know the difference between Swiss made SG 550 series rifles and SIG 550s.

It has rails, is sealed, and has a thumb selector. I don't think those differences outweigh the cost.

The galil ace is already outdated. They made it for the US market and we rejected it because they wanted too much shekels. It's going to be discontinued quickly and have zero support.

Based despite kike kreated.
Since it's just a mod modded AK

>They made it for the US market
It was made for south american shitholes

I wouldn't think they'd be interested. The standard AK is still high tech to them.

is the PTR roller lock in 7.62x39 worth looking into? I want to shoot surplus ammo and mount an optic on it, that is all I a married too for a gun.

Well you arent getting a Galil then, its been banned since 2016 in MD. see attached straight from MDSP reviewed firearms list.

If you want an AK in MD you either buy a Draco and convert it to full length barrel etc, build a braced AK pistol yourself, or settle for a VZ58.
If you just want a non-HBAR just build a braced AR15 pistol, none of the requirements like HBAR/2 feature ban apply to pistols.

Attached: galil banned.png (594x114, 7K)

>PTR
Always yes

>banned
Do you really think anyone who can enforce shit in that state gives a fuck? When I lived there I saw infringement on a daily basis. Laws are for fags and bootlickers (redundant I know).

only AKs in 7.62 are banned, AK 74s(5.45) are perfectly legal

I just got one, disappointed it has a weaver rail instead of picatinny, but it's not a big issue. I was just trying to throw a QD mounted red dot on it before finding a LPVO and rings.

The Galil ACE is the gun equivalent of a Maisie Williams-tier butterface who feels amazing in all the right places and it one of the absolute best lays that you've ever had, and yet you still find yourself struggling to commit because she's really THAT ugly.

Attached: 2412C1A200000578-0-image-m-63_1418690063160.jpg (634x1229, 137K)

>t. ate Maisie's foreskin

Wait is it really a Weaver rail? This is the first I'm hearing of this and no ones ever seemed to mention having issues mounting pic scope mounts on it

>Implying you wouldn't

I must be the odd one out since i bought it specifically because i liked the way it looked.

Actually the best AK is the tried and true AKM.

>SIG USA
>thinking it has anything on SANSwiss

You bought the nigger-knock off version.

>t. Colion Noir

Attached: Colion-Noir.jpg (450x444, 27K)

This. It's a proven design and it's accurate. I don't get why people bitch about accuracy, I've never not been able to hit a target within a reasonable distance.

The only reason to fuck around with alternatives is if the safety lever and charging handle placement piss you off that much. That's the only differences you'll ever actually notice, and those can be altered with the wide aftermarket the AK has.

I don't trust anything Jewish

Ace is best ak101

Attached: IMG_20190512_185005_140.jpg (3732x1953, 3.4M)

Only covers intermediate caliber variants. .308 version is legal.

Attached: Screenshot_20190514-181909~2.png (1440x2560, 259K)

i think they can look good with some effort but yeah they fugly stock

Attached: galil RS regulate rail, OG gail stock, trimmed magwell.jpg (960x676, 339K)

oddly enough the SG553 is legal.

Nope. Too heavy. Best AK is an AK

I feel like I'm the only one who loves the looks.

The problem with the ACE is that it's an AK/AR that isn't good at being an AK or an AR

They work fine but you are better off buying an AR-15 with an "HBAR" Barrel

false. Sako M95's and East German MPi-KM 72's are top tier.