Is Stargate the most Jow Forums science fiction universe?

Is Stargate the most Jow Forums science fiction universe?

Attached: thegate.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Yeah.

Oh shit, it caught on. Was just about to come here to post this.

based original yeahposter ily

off the top of my head,
>STALKER
>Metro
>Delta Green
>EDF
>Ace Combat
>X-COM
>Metal Gear
>Teraurge
are all pretty Jow Forums universes, though I'd put SG in my top 3

Attached: does anyone else hear a gunshi-.jpg (1200x1809, 309K)

What caught on? The agreement that Stargate is the most Jow Forums sci-fi?

Yeah.

>Picture by: "EH"

Attached: Huh.jpg (210x260, 11K)

Yeah.

Probably not

Oh, I thought we were all in agreement about that since long ago.

huh?

Yeah.

Attached: gate missile.webm (852x480, 2.64M)

Attached: Death Gliders vs F-15s.webm (854x480, 590K)

Attached: Death Gliders vs MIGs.webm (854x480, 321K)

My unreasonable love for the MP5 and the P90 come from stargate.

In alternative universe soviets found gate first. What would be load out of KB-1 ?

Attached: tkb022pm_2.jpg (650x369, 29K)

forgot about this show. i was only able to watch it on the tv, so it was random episodes out of order late at night. guess ill finish it

the first movie wasnt even that sci-fi

Hmmmm XCOM

fpbp

/thread

Bizon, pls Bizon.

Attached: Jaffa charge.webm (852x480, 2.66M)

I liked the original movie - no bullshit, send a nuke straight away, don't take any chances

I'm the only one around here that can yeah a girl moist baby

Attached: deletethis.jpg (600x255, 74K)

Early seasons (MP5 deriv): Krinks
Mid/Late seasons (P90 deriv): PP-19
Zat replacement: RShG-2 'Zatnik'
Staff replacement: 91/30 hex receiver cut down to a 4 inch barrel.

Attached: 500px-SG1_-_S6EP15AK.jpg (500x280, 59K)

Yes, but the Ori arc and Atlantis are objectively bad.

they where running out of ideas by then, the actors where getting old and Earth was a major galactic power.

Attached: stargate.jpg (1920x1080, 471K)

I love when they break out shit like this, and never use it again for 99% of the times when it would come in handy.

Being able to shoot missiles through the fucker would have been way too OP for most of the show though. Fucking just plop the gate on its side, on top of an ICBM nuke silo.

I actually like Atlantis and think it really grew into its own with a good cast and some great moments. Plus it mainstreamed a lot of advanced SciFi weapons and tech compared to more conventional weapons of SG1.
The Ori will always be my least fav enemy though. That's when the show started to wane.

we can all agree the SGU was shit

Attached: fz0cc4gfs1a01.jpg (700x1690, 157K)

>tfw no Tok’ra

Attached: 99C61F9A-38EE-4C51-92AD-BAD33CE0FC48.jpg (852x480, 45K)

40k is more Jow Forums than Jow Forums

yeah
plus when i was a kid i used to masturbate furiously to young amanda tapping

The pilot had tits in it. It's pretty sad they didn't keep going that way. I'd have paid good money to see Amanda Tapping's tits in her prime.

40k is actually a shit franchise for retards. Literally lowest common denominator corporate sci fi. It's worse than fucking Star Wars and Star Trek.

Oh yeah?

check out the 40k audio dramas, you might change your opinion

A-Amanda?

I'm not gonna say it.

Not Amanda.

I'm pretty sure 40k is supposed to be parody that's unfortunately actually taken seriously

yeah, but at the same time you cant just drop a bomb like "we can see a signature in the big bang radiation" and then just cancel the damn thing

>teraurge
I mean I guess xenophilia is Jow Forums.

when it started out, but its taken on a more serious tone

Used to be. Now they just cater to the retards with
>muh Emprah
>muh xenos
>muh genocide
The only faction actually worth a fuck are the Orkz because at least they still have the spark of humor that all the factions used to have. It doesn't help that every edgy Jow Forums nigger jacks off to it.

now yeah, but that wasn't always the case. GW used to care a lot more about its IP

I wish SG1 could have gotten to use some light armor against the Gou'ld. I have this hilarious image of Apophis running for his life, watching as his Jaffa get gunned down around him by 20mm fire from a Bradley or something similar.

for real, the gate is big enough for an abrams to pass through. the inner ring is 16 feet wide, so bradleys and LAV-25's could go through no problem. well, the stone platform on the other side may have gotten totally fucked by the weight of some vehicles.

>Staff replacement: 91/30 hex receiver cut down to a 4 inch barrel.

Attached: 1555359184138.png (510x596, 467K)

>several big camps established off world
>no reassembled Hueys and Cobras operating on P3X-403
>not even any ATVs or dirt bikes on which to travel through the gate

Ronon's gun in Atlantis is one of the coolest guns in sci-fi though.

Attached: e168534cc474b36bace12d7b9c762009.gif (400x233, 1.68M)

I remember it having kind of variable effects. Sometimes it blew pewople in half, sometimes it left just a little scorch mark, depending on how far into the effects budget they were that ,month.

dirt bike / ATV teams would be so good. Or better yet, some of those dune buggies with brownings on them. perfect for fast recovery through enemy territory off world.

it had a stun/kill/disintegrate selector, afaik

Attached: Battle of Icarus Base.webm (854x480, 2.78M)

Attached: 1523121526151.jpg (650x419, 198K)

>40k is supposed to be parody

All leftists treat heroism as 'muh satire'. From Paul Verhoeven to Alan Moore to the Judge Dredd creators, etc, etc. That's because heroism is antithetical to marxism. Then they act all surprised when their holy satire backfires, because people love heroes.

Attached: watchmen-rorschach.gif (395x542, 1.15M)

Take your meds

It also depended on the plot armor of whoever was getting shot at

Which episode is this from?

first episode of stargate Universe

Everything about that character was incredibly terrible.

>All leftists
You have autism.

He's right though.

Nah.

When they started getting into large scale conflicts and all they did was throw teams of unarmed troops with nothing but small arms... A Stryker would be perfect for most of their engagements. The gate room size is an issue, but I figure they would just lower vehicles one at a time and send them off world to a more substantial base setup for as a QRF and to launch missions into contested areas, or worlds with known enemy presence then use SGC for launching teams to safer worlds. Something as simple as that could have avoided the near destruction of Earth many times.

Sadly all this talk means nothing because its arguing Real Life vs SciFi. If the gate existed IRL and the enemies we encounter are as poorly armed and incompetent as seen in the show, we'd have utterly decimated them. However, if the enemies we encounter are also at realistic levels, we'd probably have lost instantly, the Goa'uld should have tech that's so prolific and common, and so advanced that we should have stood no chance, even if they are weakened by not having a real enemy for hundreds or thousands of years. Personal shields exist for example, but for some reason they don't dole that shit out to their ground troops. Plus. There's the sheer numbers issue, they have armies that are greater in number than any army amassed on earth in its entire history, and thousands of worlds to launch campaigns from. We have a small handful by late show...

I still wish we could have seen SGC launch a nuke through the gate though. I know there where plots where that basically happened, but not with the intent of taking out a stronghold. I mean, some gates are even directly Inside enemy bases or ships...

Also, BSG remake.. Imagine the nearly a mile long Galactica duking it out with a Goauld Hatak... Galactica is more armored and armed than most anything in SG and can launch 12 nukes at the same time. Over 500 point defense cannons too.

death by qyoot

Attached: 800px-W2_lepzmrs.jpg (800x531, 158K)

It all doesnt help that verhoe-fuck didnt even read the material and just assumed military-strength=fascism. So his writers played it straight with the material minus the supersuits and showed the opposite of fascism.

Just to elaborate on my BSG ships and armorment vs SG.

The Hatak is literally half Galactica's size. And Galactica is a small ship compared to something like Battlestar Pegasus which is over a mile long. Because of this size, a Hatak can only carry around 2k crew while Galactica can house indefinitely a crew of up to 5k.

One of the most advanced Allied ship in SG is the O'Neill class Asgard ship. And even that is smaller than Galactica. Although 4 Ion Cannons would undoubtedly fuck up Galactica despite Galactica being able to take an immense amount of direct, high yield nuclear hits.

In SG1 the largest ship humans build is the Daedalus class battle cruiser, and its tiny af. 200ish meters compared to 1789 meters for a Pegasus class ship.

BSG teams also often wear armor in conflicts, and carry a wider range of weapon systems that are typically more effective in combat than the MP5 or P90, though they have used both, but they use them in more traditional security roles as they are intended. They tend to field plate carriers, lethal and less lethal weapons, etc. They also exhibit typical military training and tactics much more than any SG team which are more akin to LARPers lol.

Attached: MV5BNTk3YTU0NjktZTQ4MC00MzNhLTg1NDgtNDExZDM0OWFhMjJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDk0ODI3OA@@._V1_.jpg (1450x964, 341K)

>Teraurge
You're my nigger

Stargate is pretty Jow Forums but I think Borderlands is the #1 Jow Forums scifi universe.

I haven't watched it in a long time but I remember one episode where we stopped these metallic spider things with spaz shotguns and another allied alien race was all impressed cause their energy weapons had no effect, but our primitive kinetic energy weapons did

A shitty basic Ha'tak's shield stopped gigaton yield Naquadah nukes. BSG nukes are tactical kiloton level.

My nigga

Attached: DPUH.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

I am pretty sure the reason the Goa'uld lost so often against earths forces was because they believed everyone below them was inferior. They had spent thousands of years stroking their egos. They spent all that time telling themselves they were unstoppable that they actually believed it. So when an actual competent military threat showed up, and they started taking serious losses, they couldnt believe it. They passed the failures off on their subordinates, which stoked hatred amungst their most loyal soldiers and subjects. The Goa'uld simply could not force themselves to see the forces of earth as a competent threat.

i think the Asgard said something along the lines of "we need someone stupider than us"

Borderlands is how i'd imagine a Jow Forums meetup on Mars in 2459 would look like.
Just without the cum-brownies and furries
Well, maybe space-furries

To be more specific they needed competent soldiers whose technology was primitive enough to not be interesting to the assimilating nature of the Replicators. The Asgard had always fought their wars by developing better weapons which was completely countered by a threat that thrived on incorporating technology.

yea that makes sense.

Really digging The Expanse as a sci-fi setting lately. Nice blend of political, human, military, and "not space magic", drama.

The Halo series was pretty good in this regard too.

dirty beltaloada

Destiny is a pretty Jow Forums scifi universe. People literally have superpowers but would rather use guns instead. Also, Gjallarhorn

I'm a quarter of the way through season 2 of SG-1, does it get better?

Season 2 of SG-U is better

Nope.

Yea, I mentioned that.
Good point, but also certain kinetic systems do get through the shields, a massive ongoing barrage is different than a single sustained hit. But very good point lol.

Yes. Its gets much better. Season 1&2 are very campy and low budget, still a good story and some great eps sprinkled in them.

>atlantis
>bad
Commit sudoku, atlantis was fucking great humans back to being a tiny corner of a vast galaxy that hates the idea of bunch of free humans running around. Ori were a meh follow up to the great goa'uld arcs but thats what happens when the primary villains are defeated and you need new ones.

Yes I just had to delete like 2 paragraphs of stuff about star gate since spoilers don't work on this board since I seen your post.
I think x-files is a bit more of a Jow Forums oriented sci-fi but it's probably just a individual preference, star gate you can jerk off to metaphors of feminists saying goolds rape women, or you can jerk off to fbi agents getting raped by aliens catching aids and having alien rape babies. What's not to like?

>feminists saying goolds rape women, or you can jerk off to fbi agents getting raped by aliens catching aids and having alien rape babies.
did i miss a few seasons or something?

>That's because heroism is antithetical to marxism
First thing: many leftists aren't marxists, unless you're one of the few righties who understand that anyone left of Clinton isn't left-wing, but that they're liberals mostly. Most media people, especially the older ones like Verhoeven aren't even left-wing, but liberals. Hollywood itself is liberalism with a veneer of progressive politics so they can pretend to be woke on gays or immigrants while still being rich as fuck. They hate marxism, they love money.

Second, why is heroism antithetical to marxism (though as we just established we're actually talking about liberals, not leftists). Did those awarded the order of Lenin not act heroic? What exactly did the soviets call the many sacrifices of the red army on the Ostfront? Heroism, of course.

Take your meds, dude.

yeah

Metaphorically. Personally I really like Star Gate series, the movie really didn't do anything for me but the series like sg1 I think in a couple episodes did some nice parrellels in showing why it was kinda like a different flavor of sg1 being star trek TNG kind of a spiritual successor, while antlantis was more like a Voyager/DS9 hybrid even though voyager was probably the coolest concept anyone pulled off in star trek despite TNG probably being a bit better. I'm sure it's all just preference though. SG1 basically established the gate was basically the star trek teleportation pad in some certain episodes.

yes
SGU was shit

>Teraurge
Bro...
Just no.

Attached: 1337028087437.png (874x892, 247K)

>shooting aircrafts with an AT4
spotted the kommando.

>SGU was shit
Generally speaking, yeah.
When the show did what early SG1 did, though, it had its moments. Every multi-episode story arcs and character development was 100% horrible, except for Fatso the moment he stopped caring about not getting the girl.

SG-U could have been awesome. Its overall plot was cool, going out further than ever before, learning why the gate builders where seeding the galaxy with gates, searching for the hidden meaning behind the creation of our universe.

Shame they had to fill the cast with shitty Teens and make it like a romance drama in space. I legit hoped another season wouls

Attached: 1542833475594.jpg (754x734, 67K)