Why don't we use half tracks anymore?

Why don't we use half tracks anymore?

Attached: 800px-M3_Half_Track,_Thunder_Over_Michigan_2006.jpg (800x533, 106K)

because they have all the downsides of both tracks and wheels

Attached: 15487002155705.jpg (1196x752, 331K)

Because they're completely retarded

hang yourself you nigger

Because it would be cheaper then current plan of wheeled Apcs for cities and tracked Apcs for country.

>nigger
Back to

Mechanically complicated, inefficient and maintenance intensive for the sole benefit of having slightly lower ground pressure than an armoured truck would have

not him, but we have always said nigger

Attached: 1556165669137.jpg (960x952, 37K)

congratulations, you just outed yourself as a newfag

Wheeled vehicles got better at offroading and shit.

fuck off nigger

Attached: 1466808150916.gif (554x668, 11K)

FPBP

wheeled vehicles are far superior in the logistic chain when they need repairing, replacing or crew served repairs for smaller vehicles. And mobility continues to improve

Attached: Masstech_tracked_vehicle_with_Thales_mortar_Special_Forces_Operations_tactical_and_armored_vehicles_ (925x617, 129K)

*gets sniped*

OP here
I think we should make half tracks again but with the tracks at the front and the wheels at the back this time

Half-tracks made sense during a wartime when you didn't have time to train a large number of people to drive only on tracks. The wheels in front make it far more intuitive to drive like a car (or motorcycle in the case of the Krad) and you can take truck drivers or chauffeurs and give them minimum training, unlike tanks where you have to spend far more time training the drivers and possibly even have to produce training tanks. This isn't much of an issue in peacetime, you have more resources to spend on training and can avoid the downsides of having a mixed system.

Go back.

Attached: 1556411727338.jpg (125x122, 3K)

I always thought that halftracks were developed because their transmisions were mechanically simpler than that of a tank.
Btw, yesterday where i work (i work as a security officer in a industrial area here in spain) a reenacment group was working in the maintenance of their wwii us halftrack (a m3? One like the op picture). I was surprised as to how big it was. Being a wwii vehicle, i expected it to be smaller than a modern vehicle

Attached: 1557771329261.jpg (566x943, 99K)

I'm thinking tracks in the front and back. We call then track-tracks.

Attached: b4a7o.jpg (458x418, 25K)

Yes but we didn't mean it

Someone call the army and tell them we have a good idea here. They should also put heavy armor plating and a large cannon on your new track track.

and another variant with just wheels, we'll call them half-halfs

Too based for modern sensibilities.

Nigger

Attached: 54233766_111299436705935_212042861821034496_o.jpg (1080x720, 320K)

Yes we did, you didn't maybe, faggot

Fuck off commie kike

nigger

Fuck u

Attached: 1557212286263.jpg (612x612, 38K)

nigger

Back to >>>/reddit/

Can someone just mention that anime already

confirmed discord tranny
get the fuck out of here

Not to inject logic into this thread buuuut: In WW2 all sides discovered that open vehicles were death traps due to air-burst arty fire. Half tracks were worse because the shrapnel bounced around inside the armored box inside of exiting the vehicle as with a normal truck. The armor was only thick enough to detonate HE projectiles but not stop HMG fire but because the vehicle was armored it became a bullet magnet on the battle field

>Not to inject logic into this thread buuuut
OP was asking why vehicles aren't half tracked and half wheeled, also known as half tracks.

niggers tongue my anus

bit of trivia, due to shortages of proper steel for tank tracks and other equipment requiring high quality steel, some half tracks were equipped with rubber tire tracks with steel cables run through them.

Fuck off you fucking kike nigger.

Attached: 1557714145906.jpg (563x651, 226K)

Nigger

>false flagging Jow Forums at it again

Negro

>tfw retards are unable to not react aggressively when someone points out that racism is tasteless

how do you guys even manage being outside?

We're not the ones offended by a racial slur on a site known for racism. It's also a method of weeding out the sensitive cunts.

Fuck you nigger.

Thats pretty neat. Some of that stuff is surprisingly small or huge.

>points out that racism is tasteless
Which is why it's fucking funny you brainlet. Jesus have you not been on the internet before?

This. Making a funny racial joke warrants a hearty chuckle. This is just little kids yelling nigger. It's not offensive, it's annoying. The downfall of Jow Forums, instead of smart people acting stupid, now it's literally a bunch of genuine retards who didn't get the memo.

Not him, in fact I agree with you, but
>Reddit spacing.
Go back, faggot.

Racism becoming tasteless is the worst thing that happened to the US and the West at large. Now we’re on the verge of Piss Earth, a world of infinity niggers.

Nigger

Attached: IMG_7535 1 (5).jpg (2500x3500, 1.37M)

Go back you filthy degenerate faggot. That is our word and Jow Forums stole it.

Attached: 1556854376487.jpg (1500x1000, 403K)