Russians and AESA

Even Turks made their own AESA radar by themselves, is Russia a failure ?

Attached: aselsan.jpg (970x569, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tass.com/defense/1034559
aselsan.com.tr/en-us/capabilities/microwave-products
aselsan.com.tr/en-us/press-room/Brochures/Microwave-Products/TRANSMIT_RECEIVE_MODULES_ENG.pdf
everycrsreport.com/reports/R45441.html
stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?DataSetCode=GBARD_NABS2007
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can you expound more on what you're trying to say?

Russians are struggling to make AESA for years now, meanwhile even turks made it easily

Yeah.

Can you elaborate further upon your proclamation?

Yeah

I see, which means those radars on their tanks are doppler radars and not AESA. The R-77M seeker isn't AESA but some kind of OTH Yagi antenna. The T-50 radar isn't AESA but ROFAR.

Impressive. It seems AESA is the S-Ducts of Russian radars.

>You see, Vladimir, when your tech and research base collapses for a decade and even now your skilled workers flee for decadent and bourgeoisie West...

The lack of any serious domestic semiconductor industry is likely to continue to give them problems for the foreseeable future.

ROFAR > AESA

Ohhh fuck off it will take them a few years minimum to have the laser modules start production even longwr before they start testing them on aircraft.

>ROFAR
>don't know what this is
>search for it
>first link is a thread on quora with the highest rated post being an Indian bitching how it's another Russian "wunderwaffe" propaganda piece and how Russia still doesn't even have a functional AESA radar
kek, even Indians are sick of Russia's shit.

> be me
> go to f-16.net forum users equivalent to this board's users.
>everyone starts praising f-35s hypersonic missile.
>point out that carrying the missile externally is not stealth.
> than point out that the russians making a mini kinzhal based missile want to make their missile fit internally on su-57
>Users stopped coming to the thread
>User that made the thread deletes it because russians put more emphasis on their stealth than we did.

That shit was funny as hell and i wish i screenshotted it. But ROFAR can reduce back ground noise by 100 times. Making a faint signal from a stealth aircraft heard much better. Its a big deal in the future.

Since when does the F-35 have hypersonic missiles? Also, what's the mini kinzhal?

I believe the missile is called HAWC. They have shown an image cgi presentation of the missile shown on the right wing side of the f-35.

Since i am on my phone google mini kinzhal su-57 and the results that show tass news agency will tell you that their plans are to have a similiar version of kinzhal inside their aircraft.

The reason this shit was hilarious is that the majority of posters here like to boast how unstealthy the su-57 is to their aircrafts. And i have shown that the russians took a stealthier approach of a hypersonic missile than they did.

How will the counter jamming and anti radiation missiles?
Also, how will they get hypersonic misslies past the US's most recent laser defense sustem that can shoot 3 missles down simultaneously.
Finally, I'll believe your claims about Russians being able to track f22s at an effective range to counter (bvr) when I see proof. "Background radiation" aside, the f22 has the radar cross section of a marble. And given both the Russians and Chinese are scammering, and failing badly, to build their own stealth means to ne they consider it a serious threat.

>>be me
>>go to f-16.net forum users equivalent to this board's users.
>>everyone starts praising f-35s hypersonic miss
Gotta keep that bullshit level high, when you are making up stories, eh vatnik?

Hypersonic missles are already obsolete given the anti missle laser systems being fielded now. You can't outrun light. Also hypersonic missles must fly too high to reach their top speeds due to air density and stagnation pressures/temps at mach 10+, making them fly at altitudes that make them show on radar. Finally, because hypersonics fly so fast they get blazing hot, Im talking so hot they ignite air, and as such they are easily tracked by IRST satellites.
Space is the next battleground.
The best idea the Russians have now for MAD is their nuke torpedo induced tsunami plan fir the Eastern Seaboard. Not sure anything can stop that. Im far more concerned with this than hypersonics at this point.

>The best idea the Russians have now for MAD is their nuke torpedo induced tsunami plan fir the Eastern Seaboard
what?

tass.com/defense/1034559

>"In accordance with Russia's State Armament Program for 2018-2027, Su-57 jet fighters will be equipped with hypersonic missiles. The jet fighters will receive missiles with characteristics similar to that of the Kinzhal missiles, but with inter-body placement and smaller size," the source said.

cope

Attached: unstealthy F-35 idea.jpg (1440x810, 108K)

Russia has AESA since a long time ago. Even a ship designed in the 90's has AESA.

The Turks make the TR modules too? Unless you can do the entire vertical stack for an aesa, you can’t make an aesa

Only one coping is you, otherwise you would have actually answered to the post and not answered with somehting that this wasnt about. There was literal no mention about or hint to the SU-57 in that post.

They're able to. Aselsan is the company that does it.
aselsan.com.tr/en-us/capabilities/microwave-products
>ASELSAN develops and continually optimizes transmit (T) modules for EW applications and transmit/receive (T/R) modules for radar applications according to the cutting edge specifications of radar and electronic warfare systems abiding the military standards.
aselsan.com.tr/en-us/press-room/Brochures/Microwave-Products/TRANSMIT_RECEIVE_MODULES_ENG.pdf

Attached: TRANSMIT_RECEIVE_MODULES_ENG-2.png (1654x2339, 584K)

Where is the fab?

What do you mean with fab? Do you mean the facility they make them in? If so I don't know, it might be classified due to the military nature of the product since I'm not finding anything on the Internet.

>The FGA-35(3D) was first shown at MAKS in 2013. It's a GaN-based AESA, scalable, meant for various platforms with the version shown at MAKS having a 688mm(?) antenna and 960 T/R's. In an interview the new radar was mentioned to be weighing about 130 kg (for fighter planes)[20] and having a 200 km range for a 5-ton UAV version.[21] FGA-35(3D) was relabeled as FGA-35 while the original FGA-35 was relabeled as FGA-29.

Russia has been using GaN for a while now while America is stuck with GaAS. Soon Turkey will overtake America. Still they are way behind Chinese quantum plasma radars.

>Even Turks made their own AESA radar by themselves,
>by themselves
>Fab is located in China

>quora
Quora is genuinely one of the most entertaining sites on the net, which is what you'd expect when like 80% of the users are pajeets.

s400 has aesa since its debut
zaslon mf is in various ships already
we know since the days of su 30BM(the testbed) that they DO have a working aesa
mig 35 has it
the su 30 and above will get the zuks from this year
t14 armata has small aesa radar modules around it
the list goes and goes

Attached: 96L6E-Deployed-Missiles.ru-4S.jpg (768x747, 508K)

Fakes

what on earth are you talking about?
you think that "having lasers" on board means anything? my god your fucking post gave me science cancer to a point that i wanna jump of a cliff and die

do you think industrial lasers are like some sort of pew pew toy kids?
their buffer needs to be expanded logarithmically for each KW meaning that at some point when you mean close to 1MW of power output you gonna need an insane power delivery system to the likes that no conventional ship can give and im not even gonna talk about the size that the capacitors will have to have and the insane cooling solutions for them

so rapid firing is out of question and there it goes the only fucking advantange lasers have

second of all hypersonic beds be it missiles a fucking dildo or a space shuttle have the exact same properties
1)Aerothermodynamics
2) they convert kinetic energy to thermal density
3)due to their sheer speed they create blunt bodies
4) blunt bodies made inside of the atm means a plasma bubble
5)a plasma bubble effectivelly kills any LIGHT source that tries to penetrate it i mean this is the basic principle behind the tokamak reactors

Attached: URdumb.jpg (629x567, 75K)

>I'm not finding anything on the Internet
That means it's not in Turkey.

Not to mention plasma blocks radar making it +100 resistance to radar but -100 resistance to IR.

Russia hasn't been able to field AESA on combat aircraft until very recently, but sure, they'll overtake China, the whole western world with GaN ROFAR.

Raytheon already has successfully tested a GaN AESA for the Patriot by the way.

you are arguing with the same people that saw the news about usa intercepting an icbm with an SM missile and thought this was legit

only to find out that the "icbm" didnt even reached 250km altitude or had any sort of path you would expect from an icbm

look we found the smartass that doesnt know jack shit

Hello Armatard, ban evading again?

yes ofc im sure you know that i am who you think i am on a anonymous board

what are the odds

There is a difference between semiconductor fab and semiconductor packaging. Russian difficulty is in fab. I wasn’t aware that Turkey had a strong semiconductor industry.

Good post
Bad post

mcst is currently upgrading to 14nm EUV process
their latest cpu the elbrus 8s if anything is a vectoring monster

not so much as "the turks made their own shit" as much as "the west contractors are allow to take their build contracts"

>only to find out that the "icbm" didnt even reached 250km altitude or had any sort of path you would expect from an icbm
What?

There lies the problem with true hypersonic AA weapons, terminal targeting.

some bullshit exercise usa did off the coast of hawaii and claimed an SM intercepted an icbm

which it did but the problem was the icbm trajectory was more like a high altitude free fall missile that an actual icbm

post exercise.

>Turks made their own AESA radar by themselves

> by themselves

Attached: 20180125_115634-e1516947639290-293x390.jpg (295x285, 12K)

Who helped them?

He's right. They developed a nuclear torpedo and fitted it to their submarine drone thing. My understanding is they just sorta run it a long the bottom, then it can sit there until a signal is sent to fire. It's not meant as a direct fire nuke, but to cause a massive wave that then does the job for them.
tl;dr, don't live directly on a coast line.

The weapon does not exist. Its a slide on a powerpoint.

You are hilariously misinformed.

Attached: 1555427209672.jpg (236x228, 16K)

I don't know why you would assume that. It would take no high tech anything to manage. They've got subs, and they've got nukes. All they'd do is make a drug submarine equivalent that can go deep, and be remote controlled. Then duct tape a nuke to it. It wouldn't even need to get close. Even a krokodil'd out vatnik should be able to manage that, really the only reason we don't do something similar is we have more money to throw at better stuff.

Isn't that how most countries do it? Isn't the US the only country that's more or less self-sufficient when it comes to military gear production?

We try to be self sufficient, but we come short in some areas. We are better than most though.

AESA is old tech, America is only praising them because they are at the limits of their mental capabilities. They do not have the intellectual fortitude to see through beyond that. The best radars are the quantum radars of China, stealth is useless against such superior technology. And America does not have the capacity to research them.

>turkey builds something
>a bunch of people on Jow Forums think they just bought it
I don't get this, this technology really isn't that new, why do some people here think a country with a higher GDP per capita than both China and Russia wouldn't be able to produce it?

whose inspection equipment?
whose photoresist spinner?
whose waffer growth machine?
whose EUV mirror stack?
KLATencor/AppliedMat/ASML?

China has a significantly more advanced semiconductor industry, which many times more fabless IP than Russia, and they operate under the same weakness: lack of fab vertical integration.

Russia's situation is far more vulnerable.

>I don't get this
because you're fucking dumb
>this technology really isn't that new
neither is low bypass military turbofans. Look at how many countries can actually produce one.
>why do some people here think a country with a higher GDP per capita than both China and Russia wouldn't be able to produce it?
Because Turkey isn't Russia or China. Turkey is a fucking nobody with more ambition than capability. Even Italy has a more advanced and vertically integrated defense industry.

there is literally only a single company that provides EUV for those kind of nm
asml

plus nobody fucking knows about the rest its not like tsmc where they are forced to disclose most of their stuff

usa is praising aesa because they are just starting to have a widespread usage for them

one of the reason that the f22 is still a massive piece of shit is because LM is still refusting to change the MCM despite having the new radar on it resulting in a massive bottleneck because the cpu cant process the data fast enough

>Turkey is a fucking nobody with more ambition than capability
and massive financial problems.

>Turkey is a fucking nobody with more ambition than capability.
But if we look at military R&D spending we can see that both Turkey and Germany spend about the same amount of money but if Germany would claim to be able to produce AESA radars nobody would bat an eye.
everycrsreport.com/reports/R45441.html

>Because Turkey isn't Russia or China.
Yes, it has a higher GDP per capita than both. Why shouldn't they be able to build any defense equipment?

>Even Italy has a more advanced and vertically integrated defense industry.
And Italy has a GDP per capita of 31k USD (3 times higher than Russia, Turkey and China) so I don't see what you're going on about here. And Italy has a much lower defense research spending than Turkey so of course it's going to lag behind in certain fields.

Also, Aselsan, the Turkish company that produces the AESA radar is one of the largest defense companies in the world being ranked 55 as of 2018. So why shouldn't one of the biggest companies, especially in its field, be able to build it?

If we look at stuff like debt Italy has way bigger problems (131% of GDP) than Turkey (53% of GDP) while both having about 10% unemployment rate.

>But if we look at military R&D spending we can see that both Turkey and Germany spend about the same amount of money but if Germany would claim to be able to produce AESA radars nobody would bat an eye.
>everycrsreport.com/reports/R45441.html
Have you actually read your own statistic? The statistic you posted names stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?DataSetCode=GBARD_NABS2007 as it's source for the defence spending numbers.

Problem is that the OECD source isn't about defense R&D spending at all, it's about R&D spending as a whole.

Can you explain how everycrsreport.com extrapolated their numbers from the OECD numbers?

>Can you explain how everycrsreport.com extrapolated their numbers from the OECD numbers?
You change it to defense.

Attached: right here.png (1003x614, 47K)

>what is military secrecy
Just because turks tell they developed something doesn't mean russians don't have same thing already.

this, people on Jow Forums really need to learn that countries sometimes keep secrets.

Like that nucler tropedo armalite?

>armalite
Isn't that an American company? Why are you calling me that if you think I'm a Russian shill?