Have we had a dogfight with relatively modern planes?

Has there been a conflict where decent aircrafts fought against equal enemy planes?

Attached: image.jpg (800x362, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mole_Cricket_19
youtube.com/results?search_query=haf vs tuaf&disable_polymer=1
youtube.com/watch?v=2azWZ4QcrPA
youtu.be/cZJVGkb3WoE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I take it you mean in the recent past? Gulf War 1 saw a bit of air to air shit - the USN lost an -18 Charlie to a MiG 25 - and a couple of African nations had an air battle with MiG-29s against Su-27s

Not for our current gen fighter planes.

Rule of thumb is western aircraft and pilots are better. Russian planes beat western planes when western planes are flown by nonwhite pilots. This statement of fact might upset some people, but it’s just how it is

Yeah.

What was shot down between India and Pakistan a couple months ago? Was that A2A or a SAM?

Fun fact, that engagement makes the MiG-25 the only Russian-built aircraft to shoot down an American fighter since Vietnam.

Was a mig 21 (good back in the 50-60s) it was shot down by F16s if I'm not wrong

MiG-21, it was most likely shot down by an F-16, but it theoretically could’ve been a J-17. India claimed they downed an F-16 in response, but so far have provided zero evidence whatsoever.

It’s agreed upon that India lied about shooting the F16. There needs to be some kind of proof or admission by Pakistan.

I mean, that, and the US was invited to perform a count of Pakistan’s F-16s, and there weren’t any missing airframes. Indian conspiracy theorists on Reddit have been claiming that Pak got the Chinese to quickly build a copy so the Americans wouldn’t notice one was gone. It’s pretty fucking funny to watch the copious amounts of cope from Indians on the internet. I’m just glad they mostly speak English so we can experience it.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mole_Cricket_19

plenty if you know where to look

youtube.com/results?search_query=haf vs tuaf&disable_polymer=1

Israeli F-16 downed a Syrian MiG-29 not too long ago. K didn’t take it well

Is a MiG-29 really all that modern?

>This statement of fact might upset some people, but it’s just how it is
Bruh moment

Attached: file.png (1713x620, 252K)

Greek Mirage 2000 and Turk F-16C in 1996

Didn't the f16 got shoot down by a missile (I believe a magic)

Depends on the MiG-29

Source? I've never heard of this before.

A USN FA18E shot down a Syrian SU22 in 2017. The Super Hornet used both a Sidewinder and an AMRAAM, so it probably had some WVR component. youtube.com/watch?v=2azWZ4QcrPA

The Greeks and Turks have had various skirmishes between Mirage 2000's and F-16's, but I'm not familiar with the specifics.

The Isreali's have shot down some drones with their F16s. youtu.be/cZJVGkb3WoE

Those skirmishes were for training new pilots.
Turkey used to send their new guys over Greek airspace and stir up fighters. This happened regularly until 5 or 6 years ago because Greece stopped sending up fighters when their economy tanked.

US has not enough courage to fight any country with an air force, so no.

eritrea-ethiopia had mig-29s tangling with su-27s