/brg/ Battle Rifle General - When you shoot cameras more than your guns edition

G3 mags are slowly going up in price.
Atlantic Firearms no longer has the GI model of the PTR listed.
Deep down I want a M1A for Vietmemes.
Are the Shalom edition DSAs more reliable than their standard ones?

Attached: 1557408062955.jpg (4152x2397, 3.51M)

Other urls found in this thread:

warriorassaultsystems.com/elite-ops-range/amour-carriers/dcs-plate-carrier/dcs-plate-carrier-a-tacs-f/dcs-base-a-tacs-fg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah.

.....annnd I forgot the previous bread link.

>Atlantic Firearms no longer has the GI model of the PTR listed.
What is this blasphemy?

Attached: Chelsea_1.jpg (3159x3024, 2.61M)

>Atlantic Firearms no longer has the GI model of the PTR listed.

I just checked and apparently Atlantic Firearms just does not know how to code their website, when looking under the "battle rifle" tag the GI model does not show up, however when specifically searching under the "PTR Industries" tag it does.

Consult this,

Understood. Thanks for the clarification. I'm open to the idea of picking up a PTR-91 in the event that the CZ Bren 2 BR never comes to the U.S civilian market.

Attached: Chelsea_2.jpg (3314x3024, 3.43M)

I'm pretty close to getting a PTR and I feel it's only natural the magazines are getting more expensive when I'm going to actually need them. Why do all my gun purchases have too be under stress

I mean they are like $5 instead of $3.50. Its not that big of a deal desu, its just not as good of a deal if that made any sense.

Oh I know that they are still very affordable, they are just slightly less affordable now. It doesn't matter much but when you want to buy them en mass just in case of a boogaloo it does hurt the bank a bit more than id wish

CETME mags work in them, fren.

So are the current PTR barrels coming with the proper flutes? Are the bolts all good? They've had a few production issues over the years, but it looks like they've got it locked down now.

Attached: 1555982687340m.jpg (857x1024, 106K)

>mfw the cz bren 2 never comes to the U.S and all we get are the overpriced pistol versions. Someone kill me, please.

Attached: 1548666140316.jpg (960x960, 50K)

Want to sell aluminum G3 mags, $20 each plus shipping

No low balls, I know what I got

Attached: E2F333A8-38F7-45A3-8C60-116FF37C115C.jpg (1536x2050, 788K)

Nice low-quality bait, faggot.

$22.50 each plus shipping for you, then

Attached: 1549232341031.jpg (612x602, 73K)

>Anything about that obvious shitpost post being bait in any way, shape, or form

$27.50 each plus shipping for you now

$17.50 each plus shipping for you friend!

I also want an m1a
But I did find a G1 FAL kit. Not sure which to get at this time.
Does anyone know if the Israeli barrel is compatible with the G1?

Does anyone have some good examples of the standard kit used with the g3. For example what the German army carried along with it? How many mags, what vest, etc...

Maybe I'll answer you if you stop using that faggot word

based Yeah. poster

tryhard rudefags go back to /arg/ thanks

Attached: IMG_20190510_201121.jpg (3000x3000, 2.66M)

Attached: GOPR0402.jpg (1920x1080, 1.4M)

What’s it like being from 2010?

So you're saying they're fine?

Attached: 20190513_111228~2.jpg (2725x4032, 3.72M)

I want a MAMS
And a CRS

Attached: IMG_20190514_143337.jpg (1024x2048, 686K)

>Battle Rifle Covered
>Fully on Bullpup Wagon
>TFW Want Panzer Arms BP-12 for Shits n Gigs
>TFW Want SRS-A1/2 for Precision Rifle but Many Shekels

Attached: IMG_20190502_1841513.jpg (4056x2704, 2.85M)

I know they're pretty different but I'm torn between a Larue PredatAR and a MDR, help pls

Attached: Larue vs DT.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

As I understand it the MDR had some significant issues when it was first put to market (as many bullpups have) but has now been fixed and is a solid weapon system.

Honestly I have fallen in love with bulpups and would highly recommend trying them. As I understand it most have very meh to bad triggers, but the RFB has a very crisp trigger with no takeup. If you already own an AR you might as well switch it up a bit. Personally, I'll probably grab a MDR at some point in the future just because it is cool as fuck.

The MDR trigger feels like a $100 AR drop-in trigger. Not the best trigger in the world by any means but better than any bullpup.

That's awesome to hear, I figured/hoped that since it was made by Desert Tech which traditionally did precision rifles that they would put a solid trigger in.

Take different pictures you boring faggot. No one gives a shit about your basic bitch ar10.

What upper did you use?

Just in case anyone want to throw up in their mouth a little.

Attached: IMG8123326491739605060-2268x3024.jpg (2268x3024, 1.93M)

Kind of gives it a gritty Rhodesian feel to be honest. It might be a clusterfuck but it has soul.

Larue's MBT is less than $100 and it's more or less the best trigger

How much should I expect to pay for a Para-FAL?

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 88K)

The older FR / MSG used to have issues unless you only used match ammo but the GI line was always pretty good, they sacrificed accuracy for reliability with cheap ammo. My GIR from 2017 has never had a failure in 4k rounds with mostly Tula steel and tar-sealed.

Mags are still cheap but the rifles have gone up $200+ in two years.

Attached: Poverty2.jpg (996x664, 875K)

LGS has G3 mags for $25 a pop. I love the folks there like extended family, but jeez.

I need a vest for my 20 rd ptr mags any recommendations?

Rate my c308

Attached: rsz_20190227_132307.jpg (3984x2241, 781K)

And the new single stage should be g2g too.

I have this w Taco pouches and really like it. Comfy even w 2pl8s.
warriorassaultsystems.com/elite-ops-range/amour-carriers/dcs-plate-carrier/dcs-plate-carrier-a-tacs-f/dcs-base-a-tacs-fg/

Attached: getoffmyboard.jpg (439x290, 35K)

Knight's ACC
Pic related is either it or close. I got it on GunBroker for way less than MSRP.

Attached: Screenshot_20190514-163515.png (1440x2880, 331K)

Haven't heard anything about that, just the straight 2s. I don't want a single stage trigger anyway.

Replica Rhodisian chest rigs for $30. G3 mags fit. Can hold you over until you find something better.

Attached: 0514191544.jpg (4160x2336, 3.09M)

Are cast FAL receivers really a meme? I have no problem shelling out the money for a forged receiver, but I can't fucking find any.

Plates are for pussies

Attached: 83B9387CF4B34AED996C1718DCFBAB2C.jpg (960x705, 78K)

They're not as good as forged receivers, but assuming all else is the same they're not a bad thing on their own. They've got a somewhat shorter service life than a forged receiver, but you're still looking at a service life long enough that you'd have replaced the barrel a few times before you have to worry about the receiver.

I've heard it compared to the milled vs stamped AKs - milled is stronger, but stamped is good enough assuming the gun is made by someone who knows what they're doing (not Century).

>holos/red dots with magnifier combos

Man, the more I look at it, the more I want to do it again when my AR-10 gets here.

I've got a custom Mosin sniper rifle, free float barrel, glass beaded stock, turned down bolt, Barska's finest 3-9x57 on ultra high rings and a chinese harris look alike bipod I'll trade you for 200 aluminum mags.

Should I buy a C308 or a M1A?

How good is the accuracy on the GI? I'm not expecting precision sniper rifle tier, but do they group okay?

Yes, like any big manufacturer I'm sure a couple rifles a month leave the factory with issues but they have a good warranty and they will take care of it. I bought mine in 2016 and haven't had a problem yet, admittedly I've only shot around 1500 rounds through it. The one problem with having a sizeable gun collection is I don't have enough time to get all of my guns to the range every single month. It's a champagne problem, for sure.

Get some boots and I'd Rhodesia with you Desu

Where to cop?

The guys at FAL files have covered this issue extensively. The short answer is, if the casting and heat treating were done right, they are fine. Forged are nice of course, but it's mostly dick swinging versus performance improvement.

Between the two? M1A, no question. If you're looking at both, why not consider M1A vs. PTR?

Can't find any PTR's where I live. Only see a stack of C308's that has been sitting on the gun rack at Cabelas for months now. Friend of mine said that some other gun shop had a M1A in stock and that it was a good gun.

Any guys interested in PTR 91's buy it from TSS Warehouse. Their prices absolutely shit all over Atlantic and Classic.

There I did my nice deed for the day fag niggers

Warreplica on amazon

Order a PTR online and ship it to a local FFL or ask the guys at the Cabela's gun library to find a PTR in their gun library system and ship it to store if the price is good. Don't let them talk you into a C308, they can go through the 187 (it's their database, or it was when I worked there) and ship in a rifle from any other gun library in the country for $20. They don't like doing it because they want to sell out of their system, so if they try to stonewall you just talk to the manager. There's a reason those guns have been on the racks for months now, Century can't be trusted to get an AK right, you don't want to find out all the ways they can fuck up a roller lock rifle. Or, check the price on the M1A if you want to larp Full Metal Jacket style. It's not a perfect rifle, it get's a lot of shit here, but I think they're pretty cool and they are supposed to be a lot of fun to shoot.

I love running the combo, it's a 6x magnifier from Primary Arms and it is sufficient. The eye relief could be better but it's clear and it doesn't fog up.

Having the 6x on the flip mount it really nice for versatility and being able to make more use of the .308. Best of both worlds at the cost of a little more weight, and it looks cool.

Hmmmm.... this seems like a good option. I've been thinking about a lpvo for my PTR-91 but maybe I'll get a red dot and magnifier combo and if I do go the scope route eventually I'll just slap the red dot and magnifier on an AR.

No lie, Knob Creek gun range is selling them for $12 each for aluminum, $16 for steel. Ridiculous.

Attached: heckler-and-koch-hk-g3_5.jpg (800x550, 110K)

Oh, I love my own UH-1 and VMT-3 combo for my AR-15. It's intuitive to use and the UH-1's reticle is ultra fucking crisp when magnified. It's just a matter of if I want to replicate it again for my incoming rifle or stick to my intended foray into an LPVO.

Attached: IMG_20190513_203549585 (2).jpg (1095x573, 192K)

That looks sexy, and the patch is A+. It depends on what you intend on using the rifle for. Personally I think the red dot and magnifier combo is the way to go over a LVPO because the intended engagement range for either setup is the same. The red dot and magnifier combo gives you better target acquisition and field of view for close ranges.

When do you guys think we can realistically expect the Tavor 7 on shelves in the US? January 2020?

I like the combo better on an AR, been looking for an ACOG or maybe a higher mag scope to replace them

3-4moa it's not too bad, you can hit a torso at 400y

LOL KEK PRICES

Attached: 1345842583862.gif (300x265, 702K)

Hell yeahs:
>Babbyshit paint job
>Dat 30 rounder
>Cheeky stickers that aren't quite cringy
>FAcog
>Flecktarn
>CHUCK MOTHERFUCKING TAYLORS

Hell Nahs:
>Ruskie tourniquet... wat?
>No Babbyshit paint on scope rail or scope
>Every rifle needs a good sling

Overall 8.75/10 would slot floppies with

>makes retarded rhodieboo references
>”Every rifle needs a good sling” is a con even though rhodies never issued slings

M1A is SHIT AND OLD

"Way less than MSRP" is still probably on par with what most of us here have spent on our posted builds. Hell. My DSA Stg 58 was $600 for being used and not an AR in a new shop.

Because carrying your rifle is a thing, fine dust is a thing, cost is a thing, re-bedding stocks is an expensive thing. And Kraut conscript bang stick replicas aren't half bad for what you pay.

M1A's are great bench guns, with some expense to them in regularish bedding fuckery, but if you aren't running with your rifle, or worrying about gunk in the action. Fucking do it. They're a classic

>completely basic bitch upper costs as much as a scar
why

Attached: 1549410858074.gif (444x711, 1.77M)

Gucci Gucci
Fendi Fendi
Louie Louie
Prada

M1as aren't a target shooting gun, they are a sexy gun to go have fun throwing 308 downrange like a FAL.

I don't know why M1As get so much shit for their price when a good FAL is more expensive and just as accurate.

How long do I have to get a GI PTR? Just bought a few guns but don't want to miss out.

Why does everyone think the M1A is more accurate than G3 and FALs?

They aren't much different between an FAL. It is stupid fudds who gloat about spending 4k to make their rifle better who made people mad.

>I don't know why M1As get so much shit for their price when a good FAL is more expensive and just as accurate.

They dont get shit on as battle rifles they get shit on as DMRs and precision guns because they dont do well in that role unless youre willing to spend 3-4000 dollars on them.

a basic bitch m1a is way more expensive than a FAL, G3 or AR10, but theyre nice to shoot, and youll have a hell of ton better time getting parts support for them versus an FAL which are little more than collectors pieces now unless you run upon DSA being nice enough to put out a handful of their decently priced voyagers before they go out of stock for another half year again

Attached: 63d48ffb1cda1d28ee6416bfd4fa0a9fe3d65de09067ecc785480c8b9401b202.jpg (1000x1000, 116K)

>basic bitch m1a is way more expensive than a FAL, G3 or AR10

A basic M1A is better than a cheap FAL. An AR10 is best out of than all 4.

I want a DSA FAL but I was under the impression the voyager was complete crap. Too bad they don't forge their guns.

Thats a wild variance in pricing difference desu

Buy an imbel receiver and make your own. Imbel Century builds are quality as well.

I'll take a look. I was gonna get a DSA S58 because I have heard ones outside the voyager are good.

Thanks, I honestly love the appearance of it and it's honestly a long internal battle with myself to determine what I'm gonna put on my UIC-10A. It still needs time to actually arrive to my FFL and be transferred, so I have plenty of time to ponder myself to death over it.

Attached: American_Defense_Manufacturing_ADM_UIC-10A_Universal_Improved_Carbine_7.62mm_NATO_.308_Win._AR-10-Fo (2500x1667, 1.28M)

If the democrats ban imports before bren 2 rifles come in I'll carve CZ's logo into Dianne fienstein's forehead

Check gun.deals

I just got one for $900. Jewlantic was selling them for $1000.

I have one of these. Thayre nice

Damn guys, i'm in for my first Battlerifle...i'm from germany where G3 alu mags are 2,99€ a pop.
And by herritage it should be a G3....but Gottverdammt the FAL looks fucking sechsy.

If i would buy a FAL it would be a SBR.
If G3 it would be a full size.

What do you guys say?

Attached: tumblr_nxhk6gAwwK1sctutso1_1280.jpg (736x552, 97K)

SBR FAL if we go purely by performance.

Attached: 1f2dc037f9884a23b8dfa789fab705ec.jpg (1024x768, 147K)

oh shit....muh dick!

here is a comparison for future anons who keep asking about the c308

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-11 18-00-37.png (697x512, 316K)