Hey Jow Forums what's your recommendations on footwear?

hey Jow Forums what's your recommendations on footwear?

Attached: Salomon Quest 4D II GTX Hiking Boots (m).jpg (780x520, 105K)

go full hobbit-core or you're a faggot

Crocs

/thread

Yeah.

Fpbp

hanwag

>what's your recommendation
the boots you posted or the new 3s

>footwear
For what? That’s like asking which car is best

Birkenstocks are the best.

Memewings. Duh

Attached: Screenshot_20190327-071400_Gallery.jpg (1080x1999, 1.21M)

Get /out/ faggot
>sage

your newfaggotry has ruined an acceptable level of trolling for everyone.

I used to recommend Salomans, but even "high-end" brands glue their shit together now. Granted the two pair I have are very comfy and I love them, I'd love to find a company that stitches their shit together instead.

forgot my pic

Attached: IMG_20190407_220751_edit-03.jpg (1941x2000, 1.39M)

>I'd love to find a company that stitches their shit together instead.
Check the companies who make wildland firefighter boots. Nick's, White's, Frank's. Not cheap, but they're the only companies I've found who make proper boots. They make dress/casual ones too.

I don't mind cheaping out on some stuff but boots/shoes are one place where I will not skimp because depending on what you do for a living, your safety and health are at risk. It saves an awful lot of lost productivity and foot/leg/knee/back pain to have good footwear suited to whatever job it is that you do.

Lowa Zephyr.
I have worn them in every kind of terrain, short of deserts, glaciers and literal mountains.

Wranglerstar has a series of videos on YT visiting the Nick's factory and showing how their boots are made. It doesn't get more serious than that.

Depends on where you intend to operate.
General rule: buy the best you can afford.
Test on at least 10km hike.
Wet/dry/cold/warm weather
No water at all should penetrate if water level is below the top opening of the shoe even for a whole day.

thanks for the tip. i dont need boots for work but i do want a pair that will last for a while, i dont mind paying for quality.

construction user reporting in
daily drivers: lowa zephyr mid's (almost a year, love these boots)
heavy work: Meindls
next purchase: lowa zephyr hi's
+ mink oil to all boots in the winter, bomb-proof status, will not regret.
construction / hiking / hunting / operating boots all kinda mesh depending on what you want to get out of them

Lowa boots are some of the most comfortable I've ever worn. Have a pair of renegades and wear them constantly. Will be getting more.

Attached: HolyTrinity.png (857x562, 306K)

What are the ones in the bottom left? They look comfy and not too autistic for just walking around town.

Unfuck those boots, boot.

Attached: danners.jpg (689x625, 53K)

Danner Mountain 600. Super comfy, has never given me blisters or hot spots.

altama otb

Thanks. Those will make excellent shoes for fishing and various outdoor activities this summer.

what about danner super light ii

danner 600 is 37 ounces, danner light* ii is 61 ounces
you be the judge
but seriously can any hikers or whatever weigh in on the pros and cons of both?

Haven’t worn either but I rock danners. I don’t believe the 600s are recraftable, but they are cheaper. Other than that and the fit, weight/materials/construction will be the main difference

are otbs comfy at all? looking at them cause they're in 9XW and I cannot fucking stand new balance

There’s no contest anymore, Solamons and Merrel “boots” are simply more advanced than traditional boots.

Wearing 3-4 pound dancers or redwings is retarded when ~23oz boots exist.

They’re cheap enough to buy two or three for the price of one pair of red wings or danners.

Anyone disagree?

Attached: E66FAE1E-6B89-4838-96F8-B5EF70AD8B1C.png (750x1624, 954K)

danners/redwings seem comfy enough, I've tried a pair or two but it seems like everyone who owns them drinks their koolaid hard. I've never seen someone actually speak negatively about them.

Danners tachyon

I’m a danner fan but I haven’t spent more than $150 on a pair and mine are all their lightweight models

are you one of those lucky sumbitches that's in a size that always goes on super deep discount because nobody buys them?

I don’t see how that’s possible unless it’s

What is Jow Forums's thoughts on snake-boots?

rodeo or gator wrestling edition?

I've got a pair of Vasque hiking boots that have served me very well. They're waterproof but my feet have never overheated, even after hiking. They're pretty solid for both pavement and nature.
Pic related, they're similar to what I have

Attached: vasque_boot.jpg (540x588, 79K)

all leather boots can be maintained and resoled for a long long long time, cheapo kicks will fall apart after a couple yrs of use.

Sandals. Boots are bad for your feet and restrictive. Go minimal or go home.

Xero sandals, earth runners, homemade huaraches etc.

post feet

I am range banned from uploading files

bare

Attached: Taylor-Swift-2045439.jpg (5000x3333, 2.64M)

oh, good job.

The moderation here the last few years especially is awful. They try everything they can to shill passes

>I used to recommend Salomans
I cannot. Fragile junk made in India, and they don't honor warranties. Company has literally gone to shit.

Hiking/Hunting variant.

I figure they're good for shin protection, which is always good if you're bushwhacking.

I wouldn't know then. they're probably fine but I'd imagine it would take an ice age to get in and out of them.

I wear the Merrell Moabs when I'm out for the day and Crocs when I'm out for a few minutes. Works for me.

I've worn Merrell MOABs, Salomon Quest 4Ds, and LOWA Zephyrs.

I recommend the LOWA Zephyrs simply due to sheer durability. Merrell was trashed in about 6 months of hard daily use. Salomon was trashed in about 12 months of hard daily use. LOWA lasted about 18 months of hard daily use.

VASQUE
A
S
Q
U
E

Attached: 1469517889192.png (700x700, 35K)

Not all their boots cost near as shit 400 dollars. I just buy the 200 or under ones and I’ve bought them all during sales

Wranglestar is a fag.

I had two pairs of vasque’s blow out, both in under a year. Fuck vasque.

I thought Danner had 3 tiers and relative pricing to them?
>$
Made elsewhere with imported materials
>$$
Made in US, with imported materials
>$$$
Made in US, with US source matierals

Magellan Sabine

Lowa Renegade GTX, love mines

Attached: main-qimg-1fed9e4044acb4a9e75a370ccad8cd5d.jpg (602x402, 90K)

Tell me about it. I'm also range banned and every goddamn time I go to make a thread on Jow Forums, I'm instantly reminded "Oh yeah, the mods suck cock and I can't upload photos"

I agree. I'm very satisfied with my Salmon boots. Dancers suck!

Its a damn shame what this place has become. It all started with captchas so long ago. Never thought back then I'd see the day a thing like passes would exist.

traffic light designers in the US should be executed, my god...

I bought a pair of cabelas brand boots (from cabelas of course) and was actually super surprised at the quality of them. Waterproof and well insulated and have taken a great amount of abuse and are still holding up.

>over 60 replies
>almost only meme brands like Danner, Merrell and Salomon being mentioned
What the fuck is wrong with you people? Unironically.

>Lowa
>Meindl
>Salewa
>Hanwag

Make the best boots and that's a fact.

Other good brands include:

>Mammuth (ex Raichle)
>La Sportiva
>Garmont
>Asolo
>Scarpa
>Dachstein

If you're too lazy to try out different pairs or do your research, just get yourselves a pair of Salewa Mountain Trainer with some good socks (again non meme brands: Smartwool, Rohner, Falke) and you'll have a combo of perfect allrounders, for any situation.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

They’re well regarded brands that get recommended because they have a reputation for quality.

It doesn’t make them “meme brands”.

That would be like recommending a Steyr handgun over a Glock purely because it’s an alternative choice.

>quality
Merrell is babby's first shoe, basic and heavy, but otherwise just okay at best.
SaLOLmon is to footwear what SIG is to handguns now. Meme trash made in India.

>They’re well regarded brands that get recommended because they have a reputation for quality.
Not really.

>That would be like recommending a Steyr handgun over a Glock purely because it’s an alternative choice.
That's actually a pretty funny example since before European brands took over the American market, Americans would have recommended American shit by S&W.

Exact same situation with hiking boots today. The ONLY reason Americans recommend shit like Merrell is because they've never had actual European hiking boots.

I wear sambas as my daily sneakers, wolverines for work boots and sorels for hunting

Minnesota?

Buffalo NY

>Merrill’s are heavy

Lmao. This reeks of euro cope posting. Salomons are a French brand ffs, they are by definition European hiking boots.

And AAPL is an American brand, made in China.

>This reeks of euro cope posting.
Not the guy you're responding do but nobody has a problem with heavy boots. Hanwag Alaska's, one of the most famous trekking boots ever, are heavy as fuck yet highly popular. I own a pair myself.

>Salomons are a French brand ffs, they are by definition European hiking boots.
Very few people in Europe wear them. In fact I spend tons of times in the Vosges mountains during summer and I don't think I've ever seen a local wear them. They really aren't popular.

And why would they be, when there are much better brands around? The only people who always harp about muh baste Salomon Quest are Americans.

Pic related, somewhere deep in the Vosges last summer.

Attached: good times.jpg (3264x2448, 3.58M)

I just use the issued Bellevilles. One for summer and for winter/wet conditions. Hiking shoes and those assault type boots are simply not rugged enough.

Attached: 20190515_083749.jpg (3264x1836, 2.05M)