Armslist - people that don’t care about customization

Why is it that most people that message you on armslist don’t take into account any customization you’ve done?
Like if I was selling an ar and I had a nice match barrel and an h3 buffer, why would they offer me a price that doesn’t at all take into account those two things? Or if my Glock has a threaded barrel and suppressor night sights?

Attached: 1304D536-3F1E-4EA5-8328-EBF71C96720A.jpg (1125x1647, 235K)

Because it's like putting 40 inch rims on a Honda Civic. It may be more valuable to you, but not to everyone else.

Then don’t fucking contact me. If you don’t care about a threaded barrel on s Glock, don’t fucking message the seller and asking if they’ll take x that doesn’t reflect the threaded barrel. Some people want a Glock with a threaded barrel to use a suppressor with or a muzzle brake. It is more valuable.

Because most people buying used guns don't care about all that shit, they want a good deal. Expecting other people to want the same mods you put on your guns is retarded. They'll either want different shit or more expensive/cheaper stuff is what they need.

>I KNOW WHAT I GOT NO LOWBALLS

Attached: 1554142500146.jpg (528x960, 67K)

Then mention that in the description instead of whining like a bitch with fetal alcohol syndrome on a Peruvian jewelry huffing forum

>complaining that other people don't want useless shit that even you are trying to get rid of

Attached: 1555766449687.jpg (680x339, 35K)

Maybe, just maybe, your tacticool "upgrades" aren't worth what you think they are and the market is saturated with that crap.

Attached: 1557850595939.gif (250x241, 160K)

Modifying things actively detracts value because in 99.9% of cases,it's safe to assume the person doing the work is a drooling retard and probably used bottom of the barrel shit like some $30 barrel from bear creek or something.

link to ads pls. im interested.

Because your shitty modification doesn't warrant a x10 markup you greedy cunt. Armslist is always 1 or 2 gems in a sea of overpriced garbage.

Attached: mp40.jpg (1308x859, 194K)

>le nazis are communists
I think we have officially hit peak boomerism

Yeah.

Your should never list your homebuilt ar over 800. Not including optics.
Homebuilt glocks never more than 400.

this

selling stuff on any website will get you bargain hunters who just lowball to see if you bite

plus adding stuff to anything does not increase the value per the cost of added parts if anything a small fraction of the cost of added parts - look at cars

>Glock 21s usually sell for 350-450
>add a lone wolf or silencerco threaded stainless nitrided barrel
>somehow this doesn’t equal to the gun now selling for 500-600 or 50 less than that, which would be a bargain
I do know what I got.
Since when is a threaded barrel or an nice bcg or etc useless shit?Are you retarded? Most guns are like legos, just add the part and thAts it.

Only poorfags, spics and fat old fudds use armslist.

>paying full price for a gun when you can get a barely used one for 20% less and also don't have to worry about sales tax, FFL transfer frees or having to wait around the gunstore while they ask the government if you're allowed to own a gun or not.

Much like with cars, customization doesn't necessarily add value, and often subtracts value in the eyes of the consumer.

>armslist
>barely used
>below mrsp

Attached: 1556219262564.gif (217x217, 1.46M)

>Most guns are like legos, just add the part and thAts it.
>my entire experience with firearms is ar15's and glocks: the post

And my post was about ar15s and glocks but the same can be said for most guns.

I've gotten a lot of good deals on armslist, but ymmv

Because they don't care about those things. You upgraded your gun to what you wanted, not what someone else wanted.

You are the one selling. You have every right to turn down every lowball jew offer. But you are selling it. If you say $600 firm and don't budge, that's fine, but if no one wants to buy, thats $600 you don't get.

At the end of the day, a used gun is a used gun. The appeal of a used gun is a lower price. If your gun is like Legos, you already put it together and took out half the fun, and you are probably selling it for more than the sum of the components.

"I posted this thread thinking Jow Forums would wholeheartedly agree with me and am deeply embarrassed and upset when ,come to find out, I'm a massive faggot."

This. There are very very few mods and upgrades that matter and actually increase the value of your car or gun. Stainless steel brake lines tires and wheels are one of the few, as for guns only things I can think of is threaded barrels for some handguns (though not by much). Remember when someone buys a car or gun they want a factory canvas to fuck up themselves, not one you've already painted on.

You're obviously in your late teens or early 20s since the first thing you learn about selling expensive shit is not to sell it with any parts or customizing, ever. Take that shit off and sell it separate because nobody cares about your dumb little meme racing stripes and chrome and speed holes, they just want the thing they want. You sell the chrome and speed holes and rice shit to some other 19 year old who wants that stuff specifically.

Well, now you know. Guns, cars, boats, whatever. Take that rice off before you sell it.

I don’t hate hagglers, I hate the annoying cunts who are always trying to trade car parts or fucks who need a million fucking pictures of said gun and worst of all guys who flake when it’s time to meet up.

>why would they offer me a price that doesn’t at all take into account those two things?
Because they're not buying it new. It's a used gun. And unless it's snowflake it's only going to continue to depreciate in value.

Attached: 1555638558121.jpg (612x612, 73K)

First post goddamn best post. For the most part, customization is a lost cost investment. Just like on a car. Just because you dump a thousand dollars into customizing your bottom shelf PSA AR15 you're an idiot if you think you're getting that money back out of it.

Attached: ebil.png (628x569, 207K)

>build cheapo psa AR for under $400
>sold it to some fresh out of basic guy for $650
Don’t even feel bad about it desu

Sucker born every minute

Take it off and stick the standard parts back in it to sell it. This is buying and selling 101. That shit is not worth near as much to me as it is to you. This applies to ATVs, snowmachines, dirtbikes, offroad trucks, fucking whatever else.

Amount invested =/= amount it's worth
Welcome to life kiddo.

This stupid thread has been solved. Welcome to selling stuff to people. You don't 'know what you got,' you only have what people are willing to buy. Now delete your thread and kill yourself.

fpbp I fucking hate dumbass newguns

I get the trade part, unless you don't specifically mention you don't want trades, and flakes are assholes but if I'm buying a gat, I would like to see as much as possible before I put down money. Granted I'm in Canada and we just ship guns to our doorsteps. Meeting up for guns is gay.

Here's a tip, return the firearm back to stock or as close as possible if you did something permanent, sell this at a price you are willing to lower a bit on because you know they will haggle. Sell the aftermarket parts separately. You'll make more back that way. Not everyone wants your aftermarket setup.