I've never shot a gun

But I really want to. Should I just get a small handgun and go to a shooting range on my own and learn? Or should I take lessons? I have common sense and I know what to do and what not to do. Also, any recommendations for a first gun?

youtu.be/YMiKRV2Spzs

Attached: 1557866321099.jpg (2733x4100, 1.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pVXOj9Uc5pg
youtu.be/UCJ1HLQNflY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Buy a 22 rifle

Same. Only ever shot an FN MAG in the military. I just want to go hunting...

Seconding this OP, start with something small and work up

go to an indoor range and rent a gun.

this

Honestly just find a range that does rentals near you and try shooting, it's usually around $50 and an RO will explain all the important bits to you.

many ranges will provide lessons and allow you to rent a gun
go rent a few, figure out what you like.
Asking for advise on /k is like talking to retards.

Attached: IMG_1826.jpg (1512x2016, 630K)

I didn't really want a rifle though. A 22. Is really small. I was thinking of a handgun so I can conceal carry once I'm comfortable (my state is very pro gun and has lax gun laws). I was thinking a 9mm like a Glock or H&K. Preferably $500 or under, but I'm open to suggestions

For twice that he could have a gun

Do not start with a small fra.e handgun.
Small caliber in a full size frame.
22LR Ruger MK 4, Buckmark, or Smith and Wesson Victory woild be perfect.
Bolt action 22LR rifle.

go to local gun range and take the $100 intro class, ask lots of questions, you will get to try several different handguns

is the pic that's gonna save Jow Forums?

I wanna lick Emma Roberts tummy.
Also buy a .22 rifle

Ruger 10\22 is always a great starting choice

You can get a glock 43 for under $500 pretty easily. Plenty of aftermarket shit to slap on later if you’re feeling like you want to customize a little. I started off shooting a .22 rifle too. When I was 10 years old. Skip it.

just get a hi-point and use the other $400 to pimp it out

Have you ever shot in your life? I guess just buy a 9mm auto and find out from there if you're set on that.

>range time
>ammo
>safety gear
>targets
>storage at home
>cleaning kit
yeah, nah. for a first time, a range rental or a gun-savvy friend are better choices than diving right in

Take some lessons in order to avoid getting bad habits. If they rent guns, it will also allow you to try different models before buying one.

test

.22 is def the way to go in either pistol or rifle and for under $500 you could have both.
I’d find an old Remington bolt .22 like a 513, mossberg 44 or similar. The bolt combo’d with a tub fed magazine is a hoot. They’re more engaging than a 10/22. And a .22 pistol like a mark iii or iv or an sr22. They’re quite fun and most certainly “real” firearms. I own probably over 30 guns and the rimfire stuff is what I shoot the most.

Go to a range and rent a gun. Preferably a .22 if they have one but at least a "full size" pistol in a standard caliber.

Smaller pistol = less weight = more recoil. They're also less ergonomic and generally a bad way to learn to shoot.

Here is an alternative route.

Go to a gun shop and start off with a 38 special OR 9mm.

22lr is okay to start out on however it is just not fun for some. If you would like you can even start out on 380acp.

Just be sure to find one that fits your hand best. Avoid cheaper ones.

Go to the range and just fire off a round first to get a feel for it. Dont worry about where you are hitting just get used to the recoil and feel of the gun.

If you have common sense guns don't give a shit. If you don't understand that even safeties can malfunction sometimes or if you don't know what a squib load is then you have no idea what to do. Guns are not as simple as you think.

>small handgun
No. A large metal handgun will be better for new shooters. Basically that largest framed gun you can comfortably handle, in the lowest power chambering, will be the best learning tool for a first time shooter.

I'm saying that you should get a Buckmark, or a K-frame revolver in 22.lr

I wouldn't really recommend a 43 for a beginner; they're too small and recoil a bit much for someone who still needs to develop their skills. I'd recommend something like a 19 first.

should you get one of those tungsten guide rods for a 19?

what about either 48 or 43x?

not op btw

tfw no female to teach how to use guns

Dafuq is in her hand? Looks disgusting

youtu.be/pVXOj9Uc5pg

Don't buy a 22 rifle

>Two of my gf's friends wanted to "go shooting".
>Hot as fuck out so they show up in tank tops and short shorts
>called me "coach" the whole time
>we all went to dairy queen after where qt3.14s ate ice cream cones
Didn't end in awesome shooty group sex, but did in my mind. Would recommend

the pic that got me over my emma roberts obsession

Everyone in America should own at least a .22

Bumping the full size 1st handgun bus. My 1st gun was a fnp 45 and i still love and shoot the shit out of it. 9mm feels like .22lr out of a berretta 92 clone. Highly recommend a hammer gun over striker as well, the triggers are better out of the box and don't warrant aftermarket mods.

.22 for practice, 9mm for carry

If you've never shot before don't get a handgun
You'll probably barrel sweep half the range or shoot yourself trying to load it
Buy a small caliber rifle (ar's are soft shooters especially at rifle length)
End of discussion
Safety first

Some “health drink”. It looks vile.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

she showed her titty for cosmo

Imagine what her feet smell like haha

take some lessons or at the very less rent some guns first
buying a gun without any experience can result in good results but that's mostly luck

So you're gay now?

I see her nipple. Does chick in black dress pregnant or just got a beer belly?

Attached: 648685c5d07cc4d6d36cf31be3ae95abefb1eb1d.png (849x1421, 192K)

Both

Women naturally have a lot of body fat compared to men and it's normal for healthy women to have belly fat like that.

>$100 gun
Not even hi point

You don't need a .22 if you're an adult.

Bitch looks like a used up slag whore. Bitch should not be wearing form fitting clothes with that beer gut either, fucking disgusting.

Crawl walk run.

Dont like .22? Get a 9mm carbine. Then you can work up to a handgun, and use the same ammo.

But it's really your loss, .22 is best for getting into the sport for low cost

That's what women look like user. Most models are skinny girls with boob jobs. If you have the fat to have nice boobies you are also gonna have some fat elsewhere.

I would berry my dick so far in her ass whoever could pull it out would be called King Arthur

Yikes incel go back to pol

>incel
hi redd*t

Fat fetishists detected

Start with a .22. You can get a decent one for sub-200 and then just buy the 9mm or whatever when you get some trigger time.

Yeah.

don't worry, most people here haven't either

First of all ignore everyone telling you to get a .22. Get a basic gun like a 9mm Glock as a baseline then after using it a while you’ll know what you really want

i want to cum on her tummy

Attached: 1557436184655.jpg (727x727, 39K)

This photo gives me second hand embarrassment; knowing she understands that her everything is showing.

thats a FUPA

I advise you get a full size handgun to learn on first. Small guns are not very fun to shoot or especially learn on. Get a 1911, glock 17, beretta 92, or CZ 75.

Breed

Heritage Rough Rider can be had for, like, $125 and it's pretty awesome. Also, I see that there's a $99 Buy Now for a muddy girl pink Hi Point 916 C9 on gunbroker right now.

I mean, a SMALL handgun will magnify bad technique, but it's better to try and learn to shoot a handgun on a large frame than a smaller one, because it will allow for better sight picture, and proper grip. Also, watch this video about proper grip.
youtu.be/UCJ1HLQNflY

Now, Jerry has a point. HOWEVER, if you're not being penalized for being sacrilegious with a 1911, then that's up to you whether you want more weight toward the end of the barrel, on one end of your tradeoff, the gun gets heavier, and at the other end of the trade, you get a little inertia against muzzle rise. It's more of a feeling thing than anything else, and really, you get no more function for it. Unless your stock spring doesn't work, I wouldn't fuck with a tungsten guide rod. Really, the best thing you could do on that front is get a flashlight, because then you at least gain some functionality.

>my friends called me coach
i love L4D2 i'm glad i can still have fun with people in online on that game.

PILLS HERE

cheap to run and heaps of fun, what's wrong with them?

Rent a handgun from a local range.
Then rent a long gun.
THEN decide if you want to buy a gun.

Bolt action small bore rifle, Savage axis rifles are everywhere.

ADRENALINE HERE

l4d > l4d2

Both of the ranges near me want $600 for a few lessons and still require you to supply a gun, ammo, and buy a target for each session in their store.. Highway robbery.

WE GOT BOOMUH BILE OVUH HERE

Go to local gun store, buy a basic bitch M&P sport 5.56, go innnawoods and shoot some targets. Just make sure you are shooting towards a rock wall or hill with nothing between you wall. And don't be a fucking retard, Also shooting glasses are highly recommended... I've been grazed with ricochet shooting outdoors and indoors. Doesn't help when bubba is magdumping an entire shotgun drum with his bumpstock 5 feet away, but shit happens even when you're just shooting targets in a controlled environment.

>near me

and where is this ? big city ?

Look at the fuckin paunch on that one

Fuck this guy, get a subcompact .40 OP. Everything is ez mode after that.

Find a range where you can take an Intro To Guns class or a similar offered lesson, even if you mostly know what to do and what not to do you're probably missing more than you realize. A good class will teach you the basics then give you some range time with a variety of pistols and calibers so you can figure out what you like, and should cost a bit over $100. Remember to bring your own earplugs to double up with earmuffs.

For a first gun get a gen 4 or 5 Glock 19, they're nice reasonably priced guns and every gun store will have them. Buy one and a few extra magazines and start going to the range.