Would you bring back the use of the minie ball, and how would to modernize it to make it viable?

Would you bring back the use of the minie ball, and how would to modernize it to make it viable?

Attached: 690720982.jpg (205x202, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

is2.Jow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd cover it with a copper jacket and extend it's length a bit, making it end in a sharper point.

Yeah.

Uh.. It's been modernized.

Attached: Five301906govtBullets.png (220x174, 65K)

Would you have to develop a modern gun so as to not have to jam the bullet down a barrel along with some gun powder, every time you wished to shoot one?
Or would you fire it the same way as back in civil war era?

Well personally I use screw hollow pointed Pritchett's fitted with threaded hollow carbide spikes with a small iron driver disk behind them and I fill the base with a beeswax and cotton plug. This allows me to retain the gyroscopic bullet with a lower mass and good stability by moving the bullet weight to the exterior and retain a decent armour piecing capability

Its called a snider

My balls have been modernised too they are 21st century balls

nah bro that's the best part, I think I can bundle it AND a primer together with the powder charge. I think I'll call it a cartridge or maybe a gattery. But basically I think we can use some kind of paper or other substance to wrap around the primer and minie ball, increasing rate of fire a hundredfold.

Problem with the snider is that bullets no longer exist for it, or at least seem very rare...

You need to use 24 gauge brass to make a .577 cartridge. Good luck finding any though because everyone with a Snider or Martini Henry is constantly looking for it.

This is now a Martini Henry thread. All hail the best cartridge known to mankind.

Attached: Best_caliber_uwu.jpg (555x555, 46K)

Put it in a pistol and sell it to retards.

The bullets for the original Snyder (mid-late, anyway; there were a lot of developmental iterations) have a more modern profile to them and had to be swaged rather than cast. There's one guy making bullets molds for it (or at least there was) that are at least the right diameter, but the profile is very anachronistic.

YEAH

Breech-loading mechanisms removed all need for an expanding-base bullet. What's the point?

Obviously have never shot one..... Everyone knows the holy Grail is the .45-120.

Taofladermaus loaded some as shotgun slug and it was one of the most effective and accurate he has ever used

If you're good with metal you could make it out of something soft and malleable with a decently high heat resistance and a smooth finish like brass or polished steel

this thread
is2.Jow Forums.org/wsg/1557606270870.webm

Attached: girl multikill rape gang.webm (480x600, 2.16M)

That's not a problem. It just means you have to cast your own, which is easy as fuck and much cheaper than buying bullets anyway.

I cast 'em in 500 and 700 grains. This pic shows the empty brass and the 500 grainers. 12ga shell for scale. The brass on the right is .375/50 BMG.

Attached: IMG_0235.jpg (977x853, 108K)

700 grain projos

I cast these from "hardball" alloy (half linotype, half pure lead). I designed the molds and had them made by Accurate.

Attached: IMG_0246.jpg (1125x1035, 189K)

You can just buy .577 Snider brass if you prefer. I've bought it from Graf's and Track of the Wolf.

You're pretty cool