Converting 70 series slide to 80 series

This might be a stupid questions but can you convert a series 70 slide to an 80 series by drilling out a hole for the safety plunger pin?
I need a specific slide but the things I’m looking for only come In 70 series type slides.

Attached: 04EF4F5B-2B56-471C-8885-2B413B903FB4.jpg (1600x900, 309K)

you probably could, but I don't think the series 80 is all that worth it

Isn’t 70 series best series

delet this

I have an 80 series frame and another 80 series slide, so I’d prefer to have this be 80 series too instead of converting the frame to 70 series and then back to 80 when I want to use the other slide.

ah, that's a shame. I don't really think there'd be a good way to convert your 70 slide without it being absolutely hideously expensive. you may honestly be better off buying another frame (80 or 70, and converting to 70 if applicable) just to dedicate it to this slide.

I'm gonna get up now and say this: there is no perceptible difference in trigger pull between series 80 and 70. Yes, the additional safety features is a little ghey, and I'm sure there's SOME SLIGHT difference in trigger pull, but unless you're Jerry Miculek, you aren't feeling it. Pic related is my personal pride n joy. R8H8B8.

Attached: 20190305_172008.jpg (4032x1960, 2.39M)

Isn’t the difference that plunger? I thought drilling out a hole for it would do the trick, no?

I bet you also shat on the Sig P226 for drop firing, but will happily carry a series 70

plunger, plunger spring, notched firing pin. you could probably have a gunsmith do it if you really wanted, but S70 parts tend to be more valuable (if you care)

I have the plunger and spring and the firing pin and extractor.
If it’s as simple as getting that hole drilled then I’ll just get a s70 slide and have a gunsmith concert it but I don’t know enough about 1911s if that’s the only thing that would need to be done.

it might be that simple, it might not. I'm not a gunsmith. couldn't hurt to ask one, like you said.

Just convert your frame to series 70, and then remove the plunger from your series 80 slides. Then it'll all act like series 70. The part to change the frame is only $10 or so.

Yeah but I already got a 80 series extractor and firing pin.
Also, I need to fix something in my frame first. The hammer doesn’t look back all the time and always drops when the slide recoils back. I also hear rattling in the frame and sometimes when I shake the gun the slide isn’t able to pushed back.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What does this tube do??? I've shot 1911s, and taken them apart, but I've still got no idea what this does.

Attached: wtf is this.jpg (1600x900, 407K)

1911 slides nowadays are not fucking Glock slides that would could just swap around.

detent pin

Yeah, but what does it do?

Attached: Nigger-Bottom-text-r9euku.jpg (600x387, 50K)

gives your thumb safety the engagement/click

Sure, but it's also a problem solved with a different firing pin instead of extra parts and machining. Question is, 80 or Schwartz worse

it provides enough tension that the slidestop wont come lose under recoil

at last I truly see

Attached: 1547789127586.jpg (500x333, 24K)

holds two plungers with a spring between them. you know what they do.

You can not possibly be this stupid.

You're dumber than him if you really think that. Don't forget where you are user

I've never seen a slide release, or safety that needed a spring engagement on the outside of the frame. Hell, I thought there was a solid pin inside that tube.