How does Jow Forums stop the rust monster?

Attached: Rust_and_dirt.jpg (1904x1504, 3.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8
dayattherange.com/?page_id=3667
youtube.com/watch?v=ACGSzBXKONo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just clean your shit

breakfree clp

A treatment of electrolysis, a quick dip in acetone for 15 minutes or so, baked in an over for 450 degrees, and then sprayed with a liberal coat of barbecue paint

live in the Sonoran desert

You dont. Embrace it

Will an ultrasonic wash with simple green knock off any benign rust?

I have an SP1 with extreme sentimental value to me that I wanna vacuum seal away but I wanna put through an ultrasonic cleaner first

Ya know whats funny is l do and my cousin still managed to get his barrel to start rusting

Magic weapons, or a monk with a quarterstaff. Or just feed it some of your iron pitons and walk away desu

Attached: 200px-Rust_monster.jpg (200x227, 10K)

Well the good news is that they only have 14 AC, so even at level 1 you should be able to hit it on a roll of 10 with an attribute of 15(+2). The bad news is that it can take a few rounds for a level 1 character to do 27 damage, and in that time you'll be likely to fail more than one of your DEX saves, permanently lowering your armor's AC bonus, and possibly ruining your weapon if that's metal too.
I'd recommend the largest wooden or stone weapon you're proficient in, and hope you're wearing leather armor (not unlikely at that level; it's part of a few starting packages). A party should be able to handle it, but I suspect SOMEBODY's going to get their gear fucked. I don't know why they keep re-printing this thing, since it just seems like a way for the DM to give the middle finger to the players.

You mean other than media blasting, cadmium plating/parkerizing/blueing, and repainting?

No joke.
I've never seen magic performed on existing corrosion like this.
Also the leading anti corrosion/lubricant product in US aviation.

Attached: 09-42220.jpg (320x320, 13K)

youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8

Attached: NEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRD.jpg (1070x662, 135K)

I had a nightmare that my shit rusted, I oiled it yesterday too

I've never got rust on anything, and I live in a very wet climate. I'm not crazy about keeping things oiled either.
I just keep everything in the safe with a dehumidifier and have no problems.

Baking soda+drop of water+old toothbrush

Synthetic gun oil.
Slip 2k ewl is my go to and seems to work fine for all clp needs.
Apparently in tests, it performs on the poor side of the corrosion aspect.

Same way I stop everything else. Fireball.

Attached: Lina_Inverse_by_drzejan.png (1025x588, 223K)

You, I like you. You can join my party.

>it just seems like a way for the DM to give the middle finger to the players.
especially when the party has to beat it to exit the dungeon with the loot

Attached: 1502579488304.png (960x720, 1.14M)

Just don't get a ton of moisture directly on your guns and leave it there for weeks. I rarely clean my guns and I never have an issue. They've been sitting in open air in my room for months without being touched, didn't even clean them the last time I went shooting. If your guns are rusting inside of a basic suburban home, you need to get your house checked out. It should not be humid enough for metal to rust inside your house.

>he doesn't give his guns a good hose spray after range use to get the gunpowder residue off

Attached: 1509537859906.jpg (926x515, 57K)

4pbp. Imagine living East of the Rockies. Sorry your ancestors were too bitchmade to trek across the plains.

Vinegar and a metal sponge

How does it works

Maintain a coating of the blood of your enimies. It keeps the steel or iron from oxidizing. And the natural iron in the blood helps with restoring pitting .

The secret is the high capillary properties of the oil. The oil can actually get u der the corrosion and separate it from the metal.

dont live in a shithole like florida

Gunsocks and rechargable dessicant

Hahaha fucking this.

Attached: A92268BB-799B-48EA-AE23-02485FB295A7.jpg (4032x3024, 2.97M)

I've literally had nightmares about rust because I dread it so much.

Have you seen what blood does to gun bluing?
It removes bluing and leaves a unique stain behind. It doesn't protect metal.

Go to kano labs website. Select lube of choice , buy and spray.

Attached: silkene.gif (57x126, 3K)

Florida is the finest state on the eastern seaboard.

I live in the Mojave but it's been raining a lot this year

>buy stainless steel/nitride funz
>desiccant packets
>vci bags
>thick coat of renwax
>a thicker coat of hoppe's grease
>and an even thicker coat of clp
>guns still manage to rust

such is life living within the marine layer

Attached: renwax.jpg (370x500, 43K)

Attached: A57675F7-07DE-408B-AF62-3ECFAAEC4A09.jpg (640x480, 62K)

Live innadesert

This is why I love Eezox. This shit can and will creep into every damn pore of the metal. I guess it's toxic but whatev

>have no lawn
>destroy his files
>divorce wife

Work accomplished referencing AC 43.13-1B Chapter 6 Section 7. No further discrepancies noted at this time.

Don't forget your A&P/repair station number.

Thanks for the the shit image.

dayattherange.com/?page_id=3667

I use hornady one shot, and Hoppe's gun oil to lube up moving parts, based on that report. Hoppe's lubers up moving parts quite well, and itself lasted 72 hours under torture before showing mild rust.

Pic related

>TL'DR:

>46 Products tested outside in wet conditions with spraydown of salt water, and left out in the elements, including rain.
>A few products lasted 528 hours, or 22 days, without fail under these conditions.
>pic related.

posted wrong image

Attached: Untitled.png (623x277, 324K)

Just three? Ha ha ha n00b

Attached: Test.jpg (800x600, 85K)

what is the ideal humidity level for the interior of your gun safe?

they did 48 items, and have photos for all. I just posted the ones that i had noted.

this shit it magic

Oh pumpkin.
Did the mean user post a low resolution image again.

Attached: 8AA65F71-A4C7-4B47-BF17-2D6666BC928D.jpg (671x900, 40K)

Everbright but yes it's pretty gay. I still think mithril and adamantium should be immune and any magic weapon. Maybe plus 1 could just be highly resistant. It's for lazy dms, frenzied berserker is also gay.

This is very relevant to me. I recently got an SKS from a Floridian and it’s blueing is all worn off on the barrel and gas piston. It has very minor pitting on the area around the receiver and under close light you can see rust discoloration on a lot of the steel. However, under normal light you can’t see any discoloration. I already scrubbed the shit out of it with just dry brushes, then with hopps bore cleaner, then lubed all moving parts with hopps lube. Is this good enough? What would you guys recommend using to remove the putting and corrosion? I’m paranoid about it still being a rust piece of trash. I want to rebule it so I feel I need to give it a deeper clean than I’ve already done. Please help me anons I’m retarded.

Jew Blood only.

Eldritch blast my nigga

What if we just made a gun out of rust then it wouldn't go bad.

is this a /ktg/ thread now?
How would Jow Forumsommandos handle a DnD setting?

Attached: apocalypse_v5.png (1920x1196, 2.89M)

Has this test been performed recently? It seems like the frog lube he used to test everything may be a different product from how they make frog lube now? I'm curious if that's the case or not, and if it would change results.

Clp, rem-oil, proper storage, ya know, shit like that. I live on the Mississippi river in Tennessee, tons of humidity down here, only guns that have thought about rust have been my super old ass 22, and my single shot Remington 20 gauge. I corrected that problem immediately, past that everything is fine, I lived in coastal SC and VA before this and they were fine then also.

>liberal
Get out fucking faggot!

Chrome and oil

I coat my guys with Balistol after every use and once every 6 months if they are sitting in a safe. I also control humidity.

Immediately delve into an argument about the feasibility of firearms in the setting.

Back to Jow Forums with you.

Tranny discord can't understand jokes. Yep that checks out.

Nah, we get too much Jow Forums in Jow Forums.

I live in an extremely moist region and none of my stuff rusts. I think its just cheaper guns. Also chinese “stainless” is anything but

Different regions have different rust
It's weird but true
Some places don't even have that much humidity but something else in the air really conspires help the moisture to rust things over

Low reading comprehension is a sign of low intelligence.

Kroil works really well for rusty parts. I also use it a lot to free anything that is seized up, works better than WD-40

lasers
youtube.com/watch?v=ACGSzBXKONo

Attached: 1000W Rust Cleaning Laser - Removes Rust Effortlessly.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

That's crazy
Is there anything lasers can't solve?