Hammer vs Striker

Which is superior for a defensive pistol - hammer or striker fire?

If hammer, DAO, DAO/SAO, constant action, etc.?

Attached: Striker-vs-Double-Action.jpg (1200x627, 164K)

Hammer guns are more fun, more attractive and just as reliable in most cases so DA/SA, SA, whatever is superior. Unless you for some reason like striker. You are an adult you can do what you want.

they both make the gun fire.

I like hammer guns because they let me be lazy and just put my thumb on the hammer when reloading without worrying about shooting my femoral when reholstering.

I like strikers because I only have to learn one trigger pull unlike DA/SA, and the reset is short, unlike HKs LEM.

I'm a coward who can't decide which is better.

both are just fine, its all preference. I prefer striker

This is the exact thing I'm struggling with. I feel like generally you want a hammer gun for carrying concealed because you can minimize accidentally discharging on holstering. But when it's actually time to shoot, you want the simplest mechanics and that is striker fired (one pull).

Unless you go with a DAO hammer fired gun. But then again I may be way overthinking this.

Attached: G17 rock slide.jpg (2419x3226, 862K)

Alternative hypothesis: get a striker and realize you are at significant risk reholstering, so physically shove your eyeballs inside the holster, verify no obstructions and then slowly reholster while thrusting your penis as far forward as humanly possible.

If you're full on clown shoes, you could just remove the holster from your belt each time, but my range buddies would murder me for that shit.

Hammers have better triggers in most cases, with SA being the best in terms of pure trigger pull, however you sacrifice alot of utility without the double action. All around I'd say DA/SA is the best option. Strikers can be moded to be as good but you're probably going to shoot your dick off.

I find SA have worse trigger than the new gen strikers, IMO.
Just dont carry appendix, or dont reholster ever. I carry at 5' and know that if I pull it out it is NOT going back in

Hammer does make dry fire practice a shit ton more simpler

Both as long as trigger pull is single action. I don't want to pull anything while aiming, I want to release existing energy by moving my hand as little as possible.

so the only thing wrong with strikers is that a retard (you) might pull the trigger reholstering? is this a troll thread?

Strikers usually have heavier trigger pulls which can adversely affect the accuracy of a novice or stressed shooter. You see this with the infamous NY trigger glocks being dumped into crowds instead of criminals.

Yeah that's the biggest gripe I have with them. Is it still only ppq and some new cz pistol that preload striker completely?
Another kind of real issue I've heard was that unlike hammer actions they cannot restrike tough primer.

Hammer Time for me.
A nicely polished DA is very smooth and predictable.
The follow up SA is very fast and crisp.
I have taken ammo that a factory Glock light striked and failed to fire, put in a magazine and my hammer fired gun set off the already dented primer.
That really pushed me towards hammer fired.

czp10 series, I own a compact and they are NICE

we need more informative, unbiased anons like you, Jow Forums is a retarded fight club anymore

Claiming NY triggers are representative of striker fired guns in general is silly.

>informative
wrong, for the reason this user mentioned >Claiming NY[PD] triggers are representative of striker fired guns in general is silly.

>Strikers usually have heavier trigger pulls
time to stop giving out advice.

Attached: 1525972277669.png (719x699, 519K)

Average striker pull weight is 5.5lbs+, single action hammer guns are about 3.5lbs on average, often with less travel as well.

striker is better for a defensive pistol
less shit to snag
not as annoying to carry
generally half an inch to an inch smaller overall

for range use or fun hammer

Striker but I'm slowly being converted to the hammer side

i think he meant DA is heavier.
SA is lighter most times though.

>average
lol no, my P320 pulls 5 and so does my glock.

Attached: TriggerDataChart.jpg (955x570, 133K)

Literally any of these are fine. They all have inherent benifits and disadvantages, all of which can be overcome with training.

Homie you're going to be training through shit either way, just pick one and learn how to use it safely and effectively.

>too scared of their gun to reholster it

Just get something with a safety, dumb glockfags

If you're too much of a pussy to just holster a striker gun normally, they make the gadget scd for glocks that functions as a hammer when reholstering.

>gen 4 G17 trigger pull
>7.5 pounds

Yeah this chart is either bullshit or using a sample size of 1 gun which was fucked up or altered.

The people who piss themselves over reholstering don't own or carry glocks or they would see how retarded that fear is.

I learned to shoot on a 92fs when I was 6 or 7. I've preferred DA/SA guns ever since. I prefer them mostly due to how much I like having a single action pull with the convenience of having a double action if I really needed it.

DA/SA hammer fired for second strike capability, plus if you put a little work in you can hit 3.5 lb single/ 8 lb double easy.

Obviously hammer is superior. Yee Haw etc. etc.

Attached: 77826641-E6E7-4685-ACF0-940CBDA7C5E4.jpg (3300x2475, 2.15M)