Which group would you say is the most competent of all Middle Eastern combatants

Which group would you say is the most competent of all Middle Eastern combatants.
Keep in mind I mean most competent by comparison, which doesn't necessarily mean good so much as "understands what sights are and that screaming 'aloha snackbar' doesn't give you a ten second buff to your stats"

Attached: 13243124132412.jpg (620x387, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OBm2mz3IHoM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_East
meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Israelis, behind that, maybe the Turks or Jordanians.

The Israeli Defense Force, I guess.

Definitely Israel. The Jordanians ain't terrible either and their King is an America loving badass.

I pick the syrian army

Hezbollah by far. Israel second

not really sure it counts as american loving given that we pay jordan a couple billion a year to play nice

Israel by far

The Tiger is the greatest

Do the Moroccan intelligence agencies count? Because those guys are good

Jordan

>Israel
>Jordan
>I dunno

this

What makes you say Hezbollah is more competent than IDF? I was under the impression that Hezbollah were mostly Iranian-trained insurgents.

which turd smells the least?

A thread died for this.

>israel

lmao

Jordanian CT special forces are apparently quite competent, at least Polish GROM tier. (They are both trained by CAG and tailor their equipment to that training) Iraq had a good counter terrorist group eight or so years ago, but for all I know those guys are now working for the highest bidder in Yemen or Syria today. Right now the most committed, competent army in Iraq is the various Kurd militias (not all equal ofc). Saudi has a decent air force. This is mostly because their pilots upper tier citizens that are close to the royal family and their entire ground logistics, air traffic control, etc. are former USAF, RAF, Aus etc. mercenaries raking in six figure salaries doing what they did in their home countries except for the Saudis. The Saudis are trying to get their air force into first world levels because their military is typical Arab and they want to be able to counter the Iranians with air power. Speaking of Iranians, the Revolutionary Guard has perhaps the best Middle Eastern equivalent of "Green Berets" type forces that can deploy in other countries and train and equip competent proxy armies, I will point to Hezbollah as just such a force and by their own rights very competent (by M.E. standards) infantry. Egypt has one of the best funded combined military forces, air-ground-navy, but they have the typical problems of an Arab army with low discipline, morale, and no competent NCO's to get the rich officers and the felaheen peasant grunts to stop wanting to frag each other. In fairness to our actual closest regional ally, even though they're really more North African, the Moroccans went into Iraq with us twice and are present in Afghanistan, and they apparently perform quite well the standards of their continent. If only the Iraqis could understand the Moroccan dialect (it's fucking incomprehensible to me and most other Arabic speakers, including other North Africans) they could be embedded as far more trustworthy terps for the US forces.

>Literal wall of text
Hory sheet

Nope. Hezbollah is more like a conventional army with its own composite elements like engineering, medical, air defence or even media/public/propaganda relations unit. I would say Hezbollah is on level but more competent with defunct Sri Lanka LTTE. It ain't 1970s were Hezbollah just a couple of guy with Soviet Union weapons. They gained serious experience with Syrian Civil War and unlike some organisation, Hezbollah is playing both side either with Iran or Russian. Hell, that's why the Zionist couldn't and never stick out their circumised penis on South Lebanon and begging for UNIFIL for protection.

Attached: C1B2352WEAMWJ2W.jpg_large.jpg (687x738, 90K)

We all know who is the most competent, but who is the most Jow Forums?

Because Hezbollah stomped the IDF in the 2006 war

>Which group would you say is the most competent of all Middle Eastern combatants.
that's entirely like asking who is the tallest midget

he's accurate tho

Thank you. That was informative.

Good post, sums it up quite well.

Iran

Attached: SUPER DAB.jpg (750x430, 41K)

I suppose I'm not actually sure what Hezbollah actually is. I thought they were just another extranational terrorist group in the same vein as al queda, ISIS, ect. Is seems though that they have a political foothold in Lebanon.

Short answer: they're a transnational armed militant group with a Lebanese political wing. Very interesting dynamic.

IDF.
PKK, YPG.

It wouldn't hurt to put some effort in the formatting of what you write. But I agree that it doesn't diminish the content, it just makes it look like your average schizopost.

Hezbollah followed by the Armed Forces of Iran.
Syrian Arab Army is worth a mention.

lmao IDF are fucking terrible. I'd put IDF alongside the Afghanistan Armed Forces.
Both are completely incompetent. Israeli just has the benefit of getting billions of your tax dollars every year and cutting edge military tech, and even then they got fucking raped in 2006.

Attached: lol.png (2192x1093, 716K)

What are their actual political/regional aims though?

Hezbollah got btfo by goat farmers in Syria. Russia had to save them

Attached: nakbaa.jpg (646x420, 69K)

Hezbollah goal is more to liberation and protection of Lebanon from Zionist invasion than goes "Durka Durka Muhammad Jihad!". That's also the reason Hezbollah are chill guys with multinational UNIFIL peacekeepers unit.

Attached: CaKZpgPWEAIpDeH.jpg (900x600, 105K)

US aid to Israel is 1% of Israel's GDP and 18% of Israel's defense budget

Also they inflicted a 8:1 kill ratio in 2006 and secured permanent quiet on the Lebanese border which they had been trying to get since 1978. Hezbollah doesn't respond even when Israel bombs them now. Seems strange given Hezbollah can defeat them so easily.

Hezbollah is just an Iranian/Syrian arm in Lebanon. They assassinate democratically elected Lebanese politicians who get too naughty and start to publicly criticize Tehran/Damascus.

Their status as a "liberation" group is long gone, they're on an adventure in Syria as occupiers and had to get bailed out by Russia it was going so badly.

Nothing here even remotely matches any of the big defeats Syria has had against Israel. Just google Rimon 20 and try to compare it to "ambushing a convoy and killing 12 IDF".

this wreaks of bad MIDF damage control

ISIS beat Hezbollah p badly

Someone with an actual brain. Good to see.

MMMMMMM WOODLAND

at this point, who hasn't been btfo by goat farmers? The mongols?

Attached: HeZ.jpg (675x1200, 133K)

Attached: HezChad.jpg (2048x1105, 235K)

What about turkey breh, you seem to be knowledgeable on this shit lowkey wanna know about that country too

I'm really not sure if operation sharp and smooth belongs there. The numbers suggest Hezbollah got bodied.

Source?

obviously the best country of the middle east, israel.i've served in the army and studied performance of other armies in our area and they're all shit.

Attached: a.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

what is this dumb meme
why is it that by arab standards not being utterly demolished in every single battle = victory.
you're like those morons that claim egypt\syria won the yom kippur war because they won a handful of battles despite being absolutely demolished by israel in the war.

Not him, but have heard that the Turkish military has gotten worse over time because of Erdogan purging a lot of the officers and other bullshit, and they've had issues during their incursions in Syria.

Israel. Turkey after that. Egypt (far) after that.

Everyone in this thread who believes any Arab army even comes close to the first two is literally retarded, or pretending to be retarded. Both operate on Western standards with the most modern equipment. And Arabs.. well, they're Arabs.

Israel has never lost a war. Everyone of it's neighbors has lost at least one war against Israel.

I'm not sure where this stupid Hezbollah meme comes from, but they're not even a real army. They're an Arab shia militia, and their combat record is pretty bad. No airforce, no professional training, not even modern equipment. Pic related. If you think those guys would stand a chance against Turkey or Israel, you're stupid.

Attached: 839666901001498640360no.jpg (640x360, 363K)

>Turkey
>Middle east
You fucking wot.

If Israel wouldn't be the most competent of all Middle Eastern combatants, there would be no Israel.

>Turkey
>not ME
seriously? maybe you should google Middle East before posting

>And Arabs.. well, they're Arabs.
Seriously, what happened with them? How did they go from conquering most of the world to... This? Too much inbreeding?

youtube.com/watch?v=OBm2mz3IHoM

There's only one answer.

Israel entered Lebanon in 2006 with clear goals. Kill/capture certain POI, destroy certain infrastructure, stop attacks on Israel. And they were successful. They left Lebanon, and since then, there haven't been any attacks on Israel from Lebanese soil. It's a very quiet border now. They could even end the very costly occupation of the South.

Don't let yourself get fooled by Arab propaganda. Hezbollah is still just a bunch of goatfuckers with soviet weapons. They do have very small amounts of modern weapons, and they excessively use them for propaganda purposes. But in reality, 95% of Hezbollah is nothing more than your regular middle eastern Arab militia. Even YPG could kick their ass in a 1on1, unironically.

Google "Why Arabs lose wars"

>Too much inbreeding?
this and they cant zerg rush like insects anymore because firearms exist.

Don't let the Jow Forumstards around here tell you otherwise, that's literally what they are.

Many Arabs consider the IDF to have one of the worst infantry in the region, or at least less experienced and motivated than the regulars of Hezbollah, Hamas, Kurds, SAA the Iranians and IS. They often deride the Jews and say that they only inflict more casualties because of their material advantage. The Arabs assure themselves of this over the internet.

The average Israeli conscript certainly is less impressive than his forebears from the 1960s or even the 1980s, being a millennial basedboy working tech and office jobs instead of a hardy kibbitznik. This is why Breaking The Silence is so prevalent among this generation of Israeli soldiers compared to the occupation of Lebanon 1982-2000 (who were pussier than the generation from 1948-73), they have become weaklings and demoralized faggots, infected with liberalism and supporting Breaking the Silence.

Israeli infantry also receive the dregs of the Israeli conscription class, the best go the the Air Force, paratroopers, Golani, armored brigades, in that order.

>Many Arabs consider the IDF to have one of the worst infantry in the region
Literally who gives a fuck what "many Arabs" think. I wouldn't trust any Arab military strategist.
Israeli society has far less basedboy millenials than real Western ones, by the way. Israelis are constantly exposed to internal and external threats, Israelis are very conservative. There's a reason Israeli soldiers who finish off disabled terrorists while being filmed don't go to jail for more than a few months.

Israel has the best training, the best equipment, and the best intelligence in the region. By far. Their special forces are top notch, their airforce is modern and powerful and they have a great record. Even if many of their recruits are weaklings, those are just the conscripts.

The american special forces fighting with them. Remember the no video no video video lol

no, link?

Kinda funny the IDF boys all look like underage nerds cos they get conscripted. The Muslim fighters actually look like grown men due to stress from fighting. There was a documentry a 13 year old was sent to fight in the front line and he looked like a grown man

So how the fuck did they beat the soviets during Afghanistan

Stale pasta

Afghans aren't Arabs u mong. Also, massive Western help and guerilla warfare.

It should be some where or its been scribed from the internet. There's also another video of some Muslims telling us spe ops to fuck off they are all in a humvee driving off as the Muslims shout at them its kinda funny they could have killed them

Most of the fighters in Afghanistan were Arabs Osama was an Arab also those people are sort of middle eastern they are Persian also fuck you nigger

Israel still exists, so 100% Israel.

No, fuck you nigger. Arabs fighting in Afghanistan was something around 3000, led by Osama Bin Laden. The vast majority of Mujahideen were Afghans. Because it's fucking Afghanistan, of course it was Afghans.

>Estimates of the volunteers number are 20,000[2] to 35,000.[3][4] The late Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, the first Arab journalist from a major Arab media organization to cover the Afghan jihad, estimated their numbers at around 10,000

Total number of Mujahideen was around 250.000

Turkey is near-east, calling them middle east is an inaccurate and retarded shortcut.

>The Middle East is a transcontinental region centered on Western Asia, Turkey (both Asian and European), and Egypt (which is mostly in North Africa)
Turkey is part of the Middle East, that's not even a question. What are you on about user

Attached: 1024px-Middle_East_map_of_Köppen_climate_classification.svg.png (1024x1024, 165K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_East
tl;dr It's not as simple as you make it out to be.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_East
>The term has fallen into disuse in English and has been replaced by the terms Middle East, which includes Egypt, and West Asia, which includes the Transcaucasus

Both include Turkey. Again, what are you on about?

See this user here , but it should be noted of of all the ME countries that aren't Israel, Turkey has by far the best arms industry. But political paranoia and a years long counter insurgency campaign against the Kurds has taken it's toll.

BTFO by your own source, kek

If i come into your house, beat you to the ground and kick you until you stop moving, and then proceed to destroy everything you own, would you say you won because i left afterwards?

Hezbollahtards, everyone. Israel has never lost a war, period.

>The largest military in the world has never lost a conflict against the third world shitholes it is surrounded by
How impressive.

The US pay 20% of Israel's defense budget, get over it.

Maybe officially. The US is an Israeli satellite state, and likely funnels vastly more than is stated to that end.

>lmao IDF are fucking terrible. I'd put IDF alongside the Afghanistan Armed Forces.
You have absolutely no fucking idea what you're talking about and should be banned.

Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East, especially since Turkey turned islamist. They're an important ally. CIA would know jackshit about what's going on inside international jihad if it wasn't for Mossad.

Cope harder

Israel. No contest.

US aid to Israel is $3.2billion more than we should be giving them.

For anyone looking for an academic take on a related matter there is this article. It's somewhat old but considering the middle east hasn't changed much it's still relevant.
meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars

based, also YPG

After training Jordanians in 2015 next to the Syrian border I will say their pilots are nearly as good as ours, their SF are the only ones from the middle east I would trust my life with, and their basic infantryman, though sometimes poorly equipped, does actually have some nationalistic sentiment and gave a fuck about killing Daesh/Houthis.

Morocco isn't in the Middle East, its longitude is further west than London.

No lol

They never conquered anything.
Khaled ibn Al Walid did. The guy was so good that he was actually put to a more auxiliary role later on because the Caliphate didn't want his people to praise him more than they praised Allah.

Hating jews is one thing, denying that Israel is superior to every single one of it's neighbours another. Israel could kick everyone's ass in the ME, like they did in the past.

>Hezbollah by far
>Israel second

Attached: TSTBaQ7.jpg (1462x2046, 121K)

Ironic

Like saying the Afghan national army is superior to the US army?

>Israelis

Lmao, a fucking conscript army composed of hippie students, girls and beatniks, that was defeated by Lebanese irregulars.

How about "no".

The only competitive advantage they have is their precise payload delivery via American weapon systems and aircraft.

As a ground force, they are absolutely mediocre.

Attached: harediarmy-1456747444.jpg (1300x596, 149K)

>As a ground force, they are absolutely mediocre.
Which is why they repeatedly kicked everyone else's ass and continue to do so. They went into Lebanon in 2006, smashed Hezbollah, and caused mischief with a 8:1 kill rate. Since then, their border to Lebanon is quiet. The IDF may not be the best army in the world, but they are by far the best army in the ME.