>Just get a Glock

Alright but then what.
What do I do with it?
Grip tape, stipple job, cancer sights, new trigger?
The more responsible ones will say to buy ammo and practice but we all know why we really buy guns.

Attached: Glock-Grenade-Launcher-AR-15-M-16.jpg (575x421, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/12/06/glock-triggered-holstered/
pistol-training.com/articles/the-johno-diy-high-visibility-front-sight
youtu.be/kzSHXemDSm0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

if you have to ask what to do with a new gun just kill yourself

Just sights and a holster

>he bought into the glock meme
dude glocks are literally mediocrity. middle of the road. nothing remarkable anymore because everyone else caught up and superseded them while they just kept making leg destroying grenades.
shoot the walther and you wont want the glock anymore

Why do people say sights? They're fine for me. Maybe a bit unconventional but its not like they're terrible.

Because Richard Ramirez, the Zodiac Killer, and Bigfeet. Also, those fuzzy people things kidnapping or killing people in weird ways that Paulides talks about.

Yeah.

Steyr, too. Everyone forgets about the Steyr. Better trigger than the Glock in every way except slightly worse reset, but still good.

They're pretty shitty, and they tend to wear down if you actually practice drawing a lot. You can get glocks from the factory with trijicons tho so it's a moot point now.

I can see people replacing them for preference, and because they're plastic. But totally bashing them is unjustified in my opinion.

Actually that's the reason why I wanted to get one, yes they are bland but when you are inexperienced thats a good thing.
With glock being so popular having alot of aftermarket/used parts will allow me to try to figure out what I enjoy most.

This is what you do
>avoid Gen 4’s and get a Gen 5
>throw away garbage OEM sights
>buy Defoor Ameriglo sights for $40
>get white nail polish, put on front sight let it dry
>finish off with bright orange nail polish and now have effective sights
>spend rest of money on a good holster like a Dark Star Orion, a training class and ammo

Gen 5 Glock triggers are actually pretty good. You can also apply this same post but supplement a Gen 5 Glock for a M&P 2.0.

Attached: 9ACDF7BA-8FF5-42C9-8103-00E4DA862461.jpg (1080x1350, 171K)

spoiler alert

gaston glock knows better than you

don't fuck with it

Attached: 1553415128316.png (584x800, 110K)

The sights are a shit fuck plastic. I knocked my G26 off of the night side table, it landed on the front sight and dented it so much that it fucked up my sight alignment.

Also to add, if you line the sights up properly on a Glock, like you would with any pistol, the front sight runs higher. You need to dip the front sight down more.

>With glock being so popular having alot of aftermarket/used parts will allow me to try to figure out what I enjoy most.

Glock aftermarket is a double edged sword. Yes, there are aftermarket parts that are legitimately good and useful
>plethora of different sights
>various slide milling services for red dots like the Agency AOS that are exclusive for Glocks
>different triggers like the NY1, Overwatch
>Gadget SCD (this is the sole reason why I like Glocks)
>various training aids like SIRT and UTM

Then there’s the dumb shit
>sights like pic
>non OEM components that undermine reliability and safety
>folding Glocks
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/12/06/glock-triggered-holstered/

Glocks are very abundant, just like idiots who want a Glock but want a 1911 trigger. That’s when shit starts to go down hill real fast. Glocks may have a lot of aftermarket but as someone who carries a modified gun, it has near stock internals with OEM only components.
The sights point you to where the bullets will go. If they fall off, get bent or break, that is a serious liability issue. I said this in another post but Defoor Ameriglos are affordable as fuck and offer robustness along with being able to be used both in precision and speed.

Attached: 4D374D01-E89D-4235-8F2F-4A7A3EDEB592.png (661x496, 135K)

trigger and tape here, the sights still suck but then they were designed as a close combat gun, on man sized target, of last resort, not a target gun. I've owned mine since 1990(!) no malfunctions to date

>but then they were designed as a close combat gun, on man sized target, of last resort, not a target gun.

...you still need to fucking aim at 5,7 and 15 yards. You know, the typical engagement distances for a gunfight in the US? I can easily tell you’re a boomer who has never been near the realm of semi competent shooting.

>Also to add, if you line the sights up properly on a Glock, like you would with any pistol, the front sight runs higher. You need to dip the front sight down more.
that doesnt make sense
if you line the sights up properly the sights should be the same height.

the sights being misaligned is 100% user error. idiots think ball in cup means they are using the sights correctly. they arent. ball and cup is for quick acquisition pointshooting type shit. where you are close enough for that low/high shit to not matter because your targets like 2feet away from you. if you have time you ignore ball in cup and use sights like every other pistol.

ball in cup when done correctly blocks out the bottom third of the ball.
what you get is idiots wanting to see the complete circle in the cup. this is why people hate stock glock sights

what people dont understand is realistically if you have time to aim you dont aim with ball and cup. you aim a glock like a normal pistol.

Imagine paying comparatively more for a gun that, at its core, is not as pleasant to shoot for multiple reasons, and then pouring more money into it to make it so that it's ~almost~ as nice to shoot as other better or equally priced guns.

Glucks are all just coping.

>I can easily tell you’re a boomer who has never been near the realm of semi competent shooting.

Yep, your 100% right

Attached: Apb1gxL[1].jpg (640x480, 62K)

one of the only guns that's widely accepted to be trusted with your life out of the box.

it's the apple of guns

Well yeah, if you knock Walther, CZ, Sig, and most M&Ps off the list.

Painting the front sight sounds like a good idea, is it still better then let's say a fiber optic front sight?

Wow, 4 rounds touching! Could be anything at any distance buddy. Not impressive in the slightest at 7 or 10 yards.

Don’t fucking stipple it. That is the dumbest shit ever.

>Painting the front sight sounds like a good idea, is it still better then let's say a fiber optic front sight?

It’s all about how your eyes work. Some people prefer fiber optics, others prefer painted sights like the various Ameriglos and Trijicon HD. You should experiment with both painted orange sights and fiber optics.

Here’s an article on them. I bought my nail polish at Walmart and it works very well. Pic related is my current setup.
pistol-training.com/articles/the-johno-diy-high-visibility-front-sight

A good video from Mike Pannone about fiber optics
youtu.be/kzSHXemDSm0

Either way, either of the two options will be miles better than shitty sorry ass white 3 dot sights or plastic Glock sights

Attached: A5F515CF-CCD5-43DD-83F6-AF7C04AD4561.jpg (1653x2046, 541K)

the true poorfag route is to just install the rear glock sight backwards

Noted.
I do suppose that glocks stock saftey leaves something to be desired, but all the more reasons to be more cautious.

Looks better then I expected, will be worth giving it a shot.

Get a holster that won't manipulate the trigger.
Get a pair of night sights instead of steel/ white U-dot sights.
Then get a up to spec aluminum trigger group.
You'll be fine with these but god forbid you unironically buy ZEV Jew shit. Don't buy those ever.

If you can't afford the rmr cut for your Glock reflex sight, buy a new Glock backplate with the picatinny rails that also fits on the rear sights.

Crowder is that you?