Recommended books

Recommended books

Attached: 5188h8kAvfL._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (386x499, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/v_GUYgKJOrs
youtu.be/_YR9rWUHZHk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 0010-2.jpg (379x499, 121K)

Attached: 327f5011faab6052bb4552b18e30b529.jpg (398x400, 68K)

Anyone have any recommended reads?

>Tom Givens; Fighting Smarter
>CCW oriented book
>goes into soft skills such as mindset, the human anatomy, firearm handling, data on the 60 students Tom has trained that have been in defensive shootings along with statistics pulled from gunfights plainclothes FBI agents have been in
>next half of the book is on hardware
>firearm choices, ammunition choices, holsters and drills

youtu.be/v_GUYgKJOrs

Attached: 11438A38-01C1-40E5-9EF5-D5C2A4E58314.jpg (260x325, 13K)

Awesome, thank you.

The Turner Diaries.

Attached: selfie.png (434x353, 300K)

"A Glimpse Of Hell"
Charles C Thompson

You’re welcome. If you do ever get the chance to train with him, I highly recommend it. Intelligent dude who wastes no time getting to a point and he’s funny as fuck.

Another rec; Varg Freeborn, Violence of Mind
>touches on topics like orientation to violence, how to approach training for fights, why you should be kind to others, kills loads of myths and cliches common in the self defense world
>one of the few self defense books from someone who actually has experience in criminal violence

He is also another trainer I would recommend learning from. He has a lot of material online for free which is a goldmine for anyone who carries a gun.

youtu.be/_YR9rWUHZHk

Attached: E57FF205-AD5D-46F2-BF72-EBBE2495F554.jpg (333x500, 63K)

Pretty much the gold standard text for Aztec warfare, militarism, and reapolitk.

It's pretty approachable too. Even literally all you know about Mesoamerican history is "Olmec made big heads, Maya were good at astronomy, Aztecs sacrificed people and got conquered by Spain" without knowing any dozens of other civilizations and polities, or how their societies's political, legal systems, classes, economical, artistic, and intellectual systems and practices worked even to a basic degree, it should still be pretty easy to understand and might give you some basic context on those things and the other political states that existed in the region; and entice you to learn more about mesoamerican history

The author, Ross Hassig, has a lot of other books on Mesoamerican warfare and politcs as well. My only criticisms would be that

- Hassig is taking a very specific intepreration/angle/lense towards looking at Aztec warfare, which is one based on pragmatism and political manipulation. This isn't a bad thing, per say, since a lot of writing on Aztec warfare plays up and looks moreso at the ritualistic compenents, but it's worth keeping in mind that that's what he's focusing on.

- The text is decades old now, so some stuff is a bit out of date. For example, a photo was re-discovered of the last surviving Macuahuitl in the past 2 years which suggests they could get much larger then previous numbers/measurements given on it from the prior etching we had/the numbers the book repeats, and Hassig also repeats the infamous "20,000/80,000 sacrifice" figure which has been widely discredited, both due to simple math showing it to be logistically unworkable as well as recent archeological digs in the area the skulls would be and there not even being a fraction of that (thousands, not even tens of thousands, of skulls only being despoited over a period of many years)

Attached: 51XkVgwLmQL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (334x499, 44K)

Attached: 51OLqLHL9hL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (329x499, 32K)

Obsessed.

Serious question, with SO Little known about the Aztecs compared to so many other groups, who've had more warfare, and more recorded instances we can study from. Why did you choose the Aztecs specifically? Could it be because you're Mexican? Just wondering. I've studied meso-american cultures for a while so it's a great book for me to add to my collection, just found it to be a weird book to be posted here.

Handloading related recommendations:

Designing and Forming Custom Cartridges: For Rifles and Handguns by Ken Howell
The Handloader's Manual of Cartridge Conversions by John J. Donnelly
Handbook for Shooters & Reloaders (two volumes) by P. O. Ackley
Sixguns by Elmer Keith
Hatcher's Notebook by Julian Hatcher
Ammo and Ballistics by Bob Forker
Any Shot You Want: The A-Square Handloading and Rifle Manual by Arthur B. Alphin
Corbin Handbook of Bullet Swaging
The Corbin Technical Bulletins (various)
Propellant Profiles by Wolfe Publishing
Ken Water's Pet Loads (in volumes, or a complete edition) by Handloader Magazine
Army Ammunition Data Sheets Small Caliber Ammunition TM 43-0001-27, a US Army Technical Manual

Hatcher's Notebook is a must-read for anyone interested in firearms in general

>with SO Little known
This is really a misconception.

Yes, we know less about then then a lot of major, well known European, Asian, and Middle Eastern civilizations due to the Spanish mass burning Aztec libraries and books, but there's still a LOT we have recorded and know about them thanks to both Aztec chroniclers/scribes and Spanish friars re-recording information during the early colional period.

It's not the sort of China/Roman tier records we would have had if not for the Spanish biblocaust, but as a result we still have hundreds of aztec-language sources and many times more spanish sources detailing their history, society, cultural practices, etc. Sahagun's A History of the Indies of New Spain is like 2000+ pages alone purely going in depth on Aztec history, govermental system, daily life. medicine, craftwork/art, religion, class systems, econmics, etc. There's been entire books written about specific Aztec politicans.

There's a lot of Old World civilizations we know less about then the Aztec. There's pretty decent documentation on at least the political history of the classical maya too thanks to a bunch of surviving inscriptions detailing the history of key events in the histories of a bunch of cities that survived even if the books difdn't aside from 3-4. Other Mesoamerican civilizations don't fare quite as well, without a huge amount of coliomnal period documentation and only a small handful of surviving pre-contact books, so we mostly have to go off of archeological data, but, again, there's still way more then people realize and more that could and should be taught in schools

for fucks sake I typed this up along with 1 other person in like 45 mins once and it's more then almost anybody will have learned about mesoamerican history across all of middle and high school

>. Why did you choose the Aztecs specifically?
Mesoamerican history is just a hobby of mine. Not a spic/mexican either, I just find it interesting and with others did

Attached: mesoamerican history summary.png (1457x1520, 346K)

reading it right now, probably one of my favorite books.

Attached: 1543640322644.jpg (1651x2532, 557K)

>tzun tzu art of war

A better underrated book is the "book of 5 rings" by Mushashi. Principles of self defense by Col. Jeff cooper. Anything by Massad Ayoob

Attached: 1504499966418.png (626x626, 40K)

More like Massad Yanoob.

Fuck off weeb

Don't be a pseudo intellectual faggot. I said

>with so little known COMPARED to

You purposely left that out. You'd think a guy who just told you he studied Mesoamerican culture would KNOW about your "misconception".

The way he explains his philosophy is neat.
Been a long time since I read it, but the chapter on void really stuck with me.

Again, I would dispute that that's really an accurate assessment.

Compared to the Romans, most Chinese Dyan sties, and a bunch of other particularly famous civilizations? Sure. But there's also a fuck ton of civilizations we know less about, even putting aside all of the random cities and cultures we know litterally nothing of besides the ruins of and that's it across eurasia. Like, i'm pretty sure we know way more about the Aztec then most of Mesopotamia.

> You'd think a guy who just told you he studied Mesoamerican culture would KNOW about your "misconception".
I explained that moreso for the benefit of other anons lurking then you specifically. That being said, I also didn't/don't know your level of knowledge exactly either: You worded your post like you didn't know about Hassig's work and at least my understanding is it's widely well regarded and I was first aware of it relatively early into looking into Mesoamerican history so I was also unsure how much you had researched it.

Anyways, I apolgize. If you are interested in exhcnaging more resources, book scans, collections of art, etc, feel free to hit me up at [email protected]

>ITT retarded nerd shit
Wow, talk about boring and gay garbage. An actual recommended book is American Sniper by celebrated American hero Chris Kyle.

This book, really should be required reading.

Is there any books on russkie military aviation?

Forgot my damn picture.

Attached: CounterInsurgency.jpg (333x499, 16K)

The Great Replacement

I wasn't that impressed with Counterinsurgency. The whole thing seemed like a vehicle for him to talk about the firefight he got in. I've spoken to a few people who thought the same.

Yeah, that part is stupid, the rest is good though. Especially how he relates his thoughts on COIN to the current islamic insurgencies.

>books

fucking nerds :/

Are you even hazgunz?

PDF??

Detecting sarcasm but don't be a brainlet. Read a book nigger.

Does anyone have any PDFs? I'm broke as hell right now, literally can't afford a paperback. I wanted to buy Green Eyes Black Rifles for ages now.

That's a very broad question, is there anything in particular you are interested in?

Currently reading pic related

Attached: 51kRJ3sIoRL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (325x499, 31K)

Goddamn impossible to find this thing, in print or online.
Pic related is pretty good, if you want to read about floppies and the slotting thereof

Attached: 51iAfAQhqmL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (334x499, 39K)

Top kek. Good troll. Made laugh

Attached: 460.jpg (720x490, 35K)

>Is there any books on russkie military aviation?

All of it? I have dozens of books on various aircraft projects and some reference books on current inventories. I am yet to encounter a book that tries to cover the whole thing in any kind of way.

The "famous Russian aircraft" series is very good. This one is my favourite. 700 full colour pages with maybe a thousand images telling the story of the flankers.

Attached: 41SQzPxJNrL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (260x337, 17K)

Addall.com reports a few copies, though they are not cheap.