Is the ar 7 a good rifle to take in a woods and put 500 rounds through...

Is the ar 7 a good rifle to take in a woods and put 500 rounds through? I was wondering if anyone else has had experience with the rifle?

Attached: 19644-DEFAULT-l.jpg (900x540, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V38d3bCNFN4&t=37s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Complete shit if you shoot with your left eye.
Not for precision shooting or very high volumes of fire (barrel heats up quick).
It's the kind of gun you bring canoeing.

Like intended. It's literally a last resort survival rifle.

Do you have any recriminations for a high volume of fire. An it it good enough to scare away bigger wild life when backpacking?

If you're carrying for defense, get a 12 gauge with a cylinder bore barrel. That way you can shoot flares, bear bangers, birdshot, buckshot and slugs.

Do you mean for left-handed/left-eye dominant and/or right-handed/left eye dominant?

I'm left eye/right hand, but the thing is that the stock is offset to the side to make it thick enough to hold the other components inside of it with a low enough density to float on fresh water.

Is there another rifle to do high volumes of 22 rounds from just to shit around with.

I have one that I magdump with. The older mags I have without the retention spring jam a lot but no issues with any of the newer ones. I never noticed the barrel getting anywhere too hot to touch after like 100 rounds. They're teflon coated
Accurate enough, scope mounts to the receiver if you want one, recommended all around.

and do any shotguns come with bore barrels or is it a part i need to buy after to replace?

Winchester Wildcat is a new option that might suit you

youtube.com/watch?v=V38d3bCNFN4&t=37s

just used rifled slugs, no point what so ever to bored shotgun in modern times.

The one by Henry is not a bad gun. I grew up with the Charter Arms AR7; often had failure to feets (might have just been because of cheap ammo) and it could only hold one magazine in the stock.

I bought the Henry AR7 as my first gun. It is less picky with ammo and you can store a total of 3 magazines in the stock (plus spare bullets in the orange checkerboard notches). I like it, but the 10/22 takedown might be more up your ally if the small magazine capacity of the AR7 (you can get higher capacities, they just cant fit in the stock) turns you off

I've heard good things about those new Savage A22 rifles, as well, and those even come in .22 WMR and .17 HMR (because it uses a delayed blowback system).

could it fire flares like the other poster said or should i just stick to fare guns?

I like the look of the wildcat but i also like the ar 7 cause i can hide it. I think its against my lease agreement to have a gun. I live in a pretty shitty state NJ. but live in the central part that is filled with state forest. Sould I just wait until I can move?

Anything tighter than cylinder bore should NEVER be used with 12 gauge flares, as the flare will get stuck in the barrel and melt it.

you certainly do not want a rifled bore for use with flares
shotguns make fine flare guns as long as they have cylinder bores, which 99.9% of them do and you won't find otherwise unless you go looking for it specifically

you "think" it's against your lease agreement? Why don't you go give it a look over.
Regardless no real reason for you to not get something now anyway, if you live in a place where they can just bust in and search your shit you've already fucked up.

>and do any shotguns come with bore barrels or is it a part i need to buy after to replace?
I assume you meant to write "cylinder bore".
Yes, that's very common. "Cylinder bore" is just a different way of saying "doesn't have a choke".

I ready it as he was probably looking for something rifled

I have a 10/22, A17 and AR7
The AR7 is my go-to woods plinking gun

Attached: 9A23D282-E807-4782-ABE8-D763CC23311C.jpg (4032x3024, 1.61M)

I was underage when we moved in.
does the barrel overheat like the other poster said?

I have never experienced a barrel heat issue with my AR7.
A lot of the AR7 issues you will hear about are from other manufacturers from decades ago. Since Henry started making them, they are good to go.
Here’s my A17 b4 I put a scope on it.

Attached: 5F30AC64-D7A1-4023-A0D5-2033E0877696.jpg (4032x3024, 3.18M)

I kept a WASR and an FNX in my dorm and apartment at TCNJ lmao

wtf is an ar17
google says it's a stoner designed 2 shot shotgun

It's shit. Cheap plastic and a hollow stock, guess what that's bound to result in? Also picky with ammo and not too accurate.

Get a .22 mp5 with a collapsible stock. When collapsed it takes the same amount of space in a pack as a takedown 10/22 and is ready to use rather than having to assemble it.

Yeah, 5.5 lbs. Kick like mules because of it.

Attached: AR-17.jpg (999x264, 94K)

Henry AR7
Savage A17
They are 2 diff guns

Attached: AR-5.jpg (730x1000, 613K)

>not having a water cooled AR7