Give me some military movies that aren't action movies, please. I enjoyed Jarhead, War Machine and even A Few Good Men

Give me some military movies that aren't action movies, please. I enjoyed Jarhead, War Machine and even A Few Good Men

Attached: brad-pitt-war-machine.jpg (1000x563, 384K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gerilatv.com/watch.php?vid=9e5dc25b9&jwsource=cl
youtube.com/watch?v=-NRw3gdJJcc
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1558052905452.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=OyR5bk4_pHk
youtube.com/watch?v=kgeIINs1TrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=j0RYfmLiOQ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

jhony got his gun
toy soilders

buffalo soldiers was alright

Not a movie, but Generation Kill, it's set against the backdrop of the Iraq War, but that isn't necessarily what it's about.

forgot about that, gonna rewatch

heartbreak ridge is about muhreeen training
the war portion is pretty short

and extremely shitty.

gerilatv.com/watch.php?vid=9e5dc25b9&jwsource=cl

3 kings

firebase Gloria

That was one of the most unintentionally gay movies I've ever watched.

Also to OP, Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World.

Attached: serveimage.png (1200x616, 1.84M)

>Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World.

Patrician taste.

I liked Sand Castle

an absolute masterpiece and intended as the start of a series that somehow never happened. which is one of the biggest tragedies cinema has ever seen. but not really a military movie.

the only weird thing about is that they changed the american ship from the novel to a french ship, because burgers wouldn't like to see americans as the bad guys in cinema. doesn't make that much sense that way

How has nobody mentioned this yet?

Attached: 250px-The_Pentagon_Wars[1].jpg (250x356, 30K)

generation kill

Attached: 91wxcgrtd8L._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 14K)

I disagree on both points. It's very accurate to the age of sail British navy life, and I honestly believe that the American public would not like to root against themselves. It's fine that it was a privateer ship made in the colonist docks. You could also say that casting Russel Crowe as the commander was a terrible decision, but at the end of the day the final product covers up all sins of oversights and possible missteps.

And besides, it is a distillation of several novels from an overall series. I can forgive the French slant with the way that they were costumed, crewed, and the vitriol between Napoleonic France and the English Empire, embodied in the For the Prize, Guillotine in Picadelli speech.

The Last Detail w Jack Nicholson
best Navy movie ever made.

The Thin Red Line

Because Jow Forums hates it for some reason even though it's an accurate representation of how generals and admirals in the military will happily let soldiers/sailors die if they get a promotion/raise.

Because it's a normie meme. Particularly with the part about the Bradely.

Just rewatched this a few weeks ago, it's actually one of the best war movies out there and i completely forgot about it. A real 10/10, even the combat scenes were fucking top notch.

>youtube.com/watch?v=-NRw3gdJJcc
Soundtrack is fucking great, too.

How much Ripped Fuel have you ingested?

Attached: 1478301560507.png (584x329, 425K)

The Wall

it's pretty good desu, just ignore the retarded lib screenwriter's hamfisted message at the end. he doesn't know better.

Attached: k_thewall.jpg (2560x1080, 709K)

this is based

this is also a great film. saw it as a kid.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (512x288, 71K)

the men who stare at goats

eh, thought it was a little boring

seen this, thought it was not that great. until i realized that it's based on a true story. that dude and his plans for a new age battalion actually existed.

The Yellow Birds

well that's kind of the point isn't it. and just what OP is asking for. it has its moments.

Unironically this.

>mitzi shore's son

Seven Days in May is amazing.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (600x473, 133K)

>jhony got his gun
Never knew they made a movie off that book. I wonder how much they changed it.

The video from Metallica - One has a bunch of scenes from the movie in it

The Longest Day.
Seriously.

Attached: 1550986445240.jpg (225x225, 11K)

Full Metal Jacket if for whatever reason you haven't seen it

Shocked that no one has mentioned it, but The Deer Hunter.

Attached: hero_Deer-Hunter-image.jpg (1200x500, 167K)

Is it wrong or just a meme?

Asking genuinely

But War Machine was fucking terrible.

Alright, we've had our fun, but now it's time to end this thread.

Attached: who_killed_captain_alex_movie_poster.jpg (724x1024, 228K)

how was it terrible? i enjoyed it

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

I respect the fuck out of that tagline.

Holy fuck end your life

good argument

LOVE this movie. Watch it with friends.

Attached: fog_of_war.jpg (500x676, 90K)

Threads.

No one ever talks about Mister Roberts on Jow Forums, which is a shame because it's an excellent movie.

Attached: mister roberts.jpg (1920x2560, 677K)

The overall theme as previous dude brought up is entirely correct. Issue is, while the Bradley was a clusterfuck the guy investigating the whole thing was a fucking asshole with a vendetta, and the changes that were made to the Bradley weren't what made it such a mediocre idea, it was the whole concept. It worked fine on paper but in reality it just didn't fill any role particularly well. The changes tried to give it a role but never really succeeded.

The best movie for age of sail combat

Attached: GUEST_e6f0877c-89af-4ccf-b346-5eb2cf6e1004.jpg (488x488, 58K)

In addition to the Thin Red Line and Master and Commander, which are excellent:

Darkest Hour
They Shall Not Grow Old
Empire of the Sun
Ivan's Childhood

certified kino

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1558052905452.webm

youtube.com/watch?v=OyR5bk4_pHk

fucking seriously? my grandfather lost a leg when a bradley broke out of column on the autobahn near stuttgart in '86 (iirc)

that's an action movie, and not even a good one.

I love the scene where that little fucking kid is like "ARM YOURSELVES, WE MUST BOARD THEM!" and the doctor has this look on his face like "Wait fuckin' what??"

It's a comedy
youtube.com/watch?v=kgeIINs1TrQ

name one god damn war movie that isn't an action movie that isn't somehow anti-war / anti-military

he was asking for military movies, not war movies. a few good men is pro military.

god damn it..

no its not. Its shitting all over the marines.

you can't make a non retarded movie that's not shitting all over the marines

Down Periscope
McHale's Navy
Hot Shots
Major Payne (half credit)
No Time For Sergeants

Apocalypse Now

Rules of Engagement

I am absolutely ecstatic someone used 'kino' in the right way on Jow Forums for once.

Beneath Hill 60 iirc
It’s a WWI film about Aussie engineers digging beneath a German position, great film. I think it’s still on Netflix.

Dunkirk

Afrika Addio, highly recommend this op you will not be disappointed

I've been looking for it. I saw his other one, Canne Mondo or whatever it was called. That was alright, but I heard addio Africa was way better.

The part where Clooney's character asks them if they really want to go back to their day jobs in the States and it does a montage of Wahlberg, Ice Cube, and Spike Jonze always cracks me up.
youtube.com/watch?v=j0RYfmLiOQ4

The man who would be king

Watched this in my high school honors humanities class, it was absolutely incredible.

Attached: Apocalypse Now.jpg (1061x1989, 263K)

Attached: fail_safe_cropped.jpg (1000x1558, 1.15M)

Attached: the_great_dictator_1940.jpg (808x1087, 535K)

The Cross of Iron, directed by Peckinpah, who is a fucking legend.

boo hoo

Attached: dr strangelove.jpg (700x421, 62K)

Attached: Schindler's List.jpg (2048x1357, 1.23M)

Attached: Grand Illusion.jpg (808x1125, 991K)

Attached: MASH film poster.jpg (1351x1805, 164K)

OP asked for military movies not fantasy/comedy

Glory, Paths of Glory, The Desert Fox, Tora Tora Tora (becomes an action movie in the second half), and The Hurt Locker.

The Pentagon Wars is pretty good comedy about the military's bureaucratic inefficiency.

>I enjoyed Jarhead
I have bad news for you, your faggot test came out positive.

>he didn't enjoy Jarhead

>jhony got his gun
Pure fucking depression.

>3 hour wank fest
Ah reminds me of high school, got a boner while reading that Night book by the weasel jew

Finally got around to watching Das Boot, the 5 hour long miniseries cut too.
Absolute Jow Forumsino

12 O'Clock High
Command Decision
Midway
The Manchurian Candidate
The Young Lions
No Time For Sargents

very edgy, respect

Kelsey Grammar confirmed most accurate portrayer of genuine military life with that and pic related.

Absolutely based water dog MOS 1171 oorah.

Attached: 6FC4E649-5774-485C-872A-61FF0D554DCE.jpg (960x1440, 340K)

If you're looking for something "Retro" there is always MASH and Hogan's Heroes.

Attached: Fishman-MASH50Years.jpg (727x909, 152K)

Soldier in the Rain (1963)

Based, Generation Kill should be the, like most realistic representation of the real thing before documentary territory... Like all the bullshit for example, man you wouldn't believe how much bullshit the command comes up with on a daily basis... I'd also suggest Das Boot, I couldn't recall anything exceptionally dramatized about it except for cutting out all the ideling... And the smell, I guess.

Attached: MV5BMTM2NjAxOTQzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjk4NzU3MQ@@._V1_UY268_CR8,0,182,268_AL_.jpg (182x268, 14K)

Don't forget to include "By Dawn's Early Light" on bomber movies.

Attached: ML101380.jpg (800x800, 80K)