1911 fuckd up

The hammer on this over priced 1911 is being a real piece of shit and jamming before it hits the firing pin, what the fuck do I do now?

Attached: 20190516_160857.jpg (3264x2448, 1.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/c9Z0yr49xXw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pull the trigger harder

Point it at yourself and slam the back end on a table.

Buy a Rock Island.

Send it back.

Have you tried cleaning and oiling it?

Send it back to the factory

clear your cookies

Try turning it off and back on again

>1911

Attached: 1545351699200.jpg (700x479, 42K)

take it apart and put it back together correctly
my guess is the leafsprings in the wrong position or the sear

What the fuck does jamming before it hits the firing pin mean? Are you familiar with its manual of arms? After that, is it a light primer strike?

That looks like a safety issue. Check the grip safety along with the firing pin safety.

It means like it sounds as in it stops moving at the position in pic related and never strikes the pin, would you like me to draw a diagram?

not him but its obvious what he means. the hammers dropping to halfcock when you pull the trigger instead of firing.
which means the guns not assembled right or parts are out of spec. probably from some guy "tuning" it wrong and ruining the hammer or the sear.

What am i looking for? I already took it apart and gave everything a good spray but didnt seem to help

youtu.be/c9Z0yr49xXw

It's funny you post this because I was just about to say I haven't fired this weapon in a few months and just assumed it still worked, I have no idea when this malfunction developed and if jamal had run up on me in the meantime my asshole would have been his, so let this be a lesson

What if it is a Rock Island?

That's why I said manual of arms you smarmy motherfucker. He never said the model, so maybe it's an oddball with a half-cock that's working as usual.
This is also just as likely.

Does Rock Island even make anything considered overpriced?

Partial safety engagement can halt the hammer but not impede cocking or trigger pull. You may also check to make sure your hammer doesn't have any lateral slop around the pin bore.

Pretty strange if it just magically developed this problem.

it's overpriced if you're a nigger.

Have you tried not falling for fudd memes?

What brand and model?

Springfield Armory 45 Operator. Had to take this whole fucker apart just to get the hammer to go down. Also have no idea what im doing.

Attached: 20190516_183451.jpg (3264x2448, 2.47M)

Yeah you dun goofed. 1911s are way to complicated for a complete novice to just wing it gunsmithing. Take that shit and all the shit you took off it to a gunsmith and deal with the look on his face when you ask him to please put it back together

a 1911 is not an impossible task to detail strip and reassemble.
it is on the other hand something that a complete noob wont be able to diagnose whats wrong when something wrong.

Didn't say it was impossible. Just pants on head retarded that he thought it was a good idea with no guidance

Well you might be right, thing is the gun didn't go bang already and I'm not completely retarded so I might as well try and before it comes to that.

Its something to do with this leaf spring or hammer strut i think but this shit has so many internal safeties its hard to say. Gonna try blasting with oil again

Attached: 20190516_185620.jpg (3264x2448, 1.66M)

that is bent terrifically out of shape.

Attached: 417.jpg (600x400, 74K)

>mfw people try to tell me that John Browning was a genius, when he put that monstrosity of a spring into a gun

Attached: don't laugh don't laugh don't laugh.gif (288x210, 2.04M)

Using one spring for multiple functions is the hard part of gun design, dummy.

1. this is why you shouldn't buy 100+ year old designs. there is better out there in the intervening time period.
2. there are three internal safeties in most 1911: a grip safety, a hammer drop safety, and an FP safety. these are all "automatic" when gripped properly and fired normally.
3. that sear spring is not bent properly. the three fingers are (from left to right) the sear spring, the disconnector spring, and the grip safety spring.
4. if the hammer isn't falling completely when the trigger is pulled, then your disconnector spring (the middle finger) is being interfered with - either the trigger bow is pushing on the disconnector spring enough to disengage the disconnector it but NOT clear the safety notch or there is something wrong with the disconnector itself

he was a genuis and pretty much all modern pistols are from his designs. however it's been over 100 years since the 1911 was put out and there's newer and better out there.

Kek. That’s what you get for buying a Springfield. Dumb cunt.

That isn't one spring, it's three that happen to be joined at one end. It's okay from a manufacturing standpoint, but it's dogshit design.

>Springfield
Ruger is the same or better and much cheaper. Dan Wesson is in the price range and is in an entirely different category. I was trying to figure out how they were still in business and here you are. Thanks.

>bought a Springfield
>"have no idea what im doing"

yep, checks out

if you took it apart right by removing the safety first you wouldnt have mangled the fuck out of it getting it out.

This was the first gun I bought over 4 years ago why ya'll such haters goddamn :^)

I have a Springfield Government Model 1911 that was manufactured in the mid-1980's. I've put about 5,000 rounds through it, and no failures of any kind except a bad govt surplus magazine had a fail-to-feed and was retired.
I don't know how many rounds were fired by previous owners, but now I only use the Springfield mag it came with (possibly the original mag) and Chip McCormick 10 round mags, and it cycles all .45acp flawlessly. I field strip and clean it every time I shoot, but I've only changed out the grips, with no further alterations, not even the recoil spring. I can shoot one ragged hole in the X ring at 25 yards (occasional flyer) from a bench rest sandbag.
Springfield makes some good gear, but I wouldn't detail strip one without the skills and knowledge necessary. OP should contact Springfield with the serial number, explain the problem, and make arrangements for shipping in both directions. There are nasty little noguns faggots on this site who will try to pass themselves off as "experts" on all things who actually know absolute shit about anything.

Lord son, I killed gooks in nam for this here Springfield, and it shoots a damn ragged hole at 100 yards

>Lord son, I killed gooks in nam for this here Springfield, and it shoots a damn ragged hole at 100 yards

noguns faggot spotted.

Autist who wastes gets and misses jokes detected

Not that guy, but I'm not really seeing any jokes...

How are you two missing such obvious boomer posting. Do you need a monster ultra white meme to spell it out for you?

protip: memes != jokes

Attached: 1553801379431.jpg (1600x1036, 449K)

lurk moar faggot

Lightly sand the side that sticks or get a new hammer

Well I got pretty far bros but i just cant go on any longer i think its a lost cause

Attached: 20190516_220839.jpg (3264x2448, 2.08M)

See

>half-cock that's working as usual.
Please, enlighten us on what half cock stops the hammer when you pull the trigger

Yell, “eat shit you fucking jap” when you pull the trigger and that should fix the issue

Springfield operator's are a fucking PAIN. They have this friction key fit on the sides of the ambi safety and that shit's terrible to try and get apart. Send that fucking right side safety across the garage every time.

'tism

Well after spending just about my entire thursday trying to figure out how this sucking fucking goddamn thing works and watching youtube vids I finally got this overpriced piece of shit back together and the hammer working. Thanks everyone who gave advice, and for those saying take it to a gunsmith maybe try applying yourself for once

OP out

Attached: 20190517_002318.jpg (3264x2448, 3.18M)

P9S

Want to know how I know you're between the age of 18 and 21?