Is it a good idea to have a spare carry gun in case something happens to your primary?

Is it a good idea to have a spare carry gun in case something happens to your primary?

Attached: S&WModel442Airweight.jpg (700x475, 164K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rz_m4M8CAe0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZunVgm8tAMQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10
thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=EFYn5KChBvo
youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8
gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4
youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E
youtube.com/watch?v=gEHNZFTfSD8
youtube.com/watch?v=BaiGSDiaI_w
youtube.com/watch?v=CEHtRkyTe-0
youtube.com/watch?v=T6kUvi72s0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=1YTOV4dYLQE
youtube.com/watch?v=UZsber37rKU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes you should also have a backup spare conceal carry in case anything happens to the spare

Yeah

Don't forget another backup in case the backup spare fails

Yes.

Its also good to have a backup gun on your person if possible.

So 4 guns.

Primary Carry Pistol
Backup Carry Pistol (identical to your primary if possible)
Primary Backup Gun
Backup Backup Gun

Then a .22 trainer for your primary.

Those are the first 5 guns you ought to buy.

Now, sometimes its impractical to have a identical primary gun, in that case get something similar.

For example, if your primary is a tricked out Roland Special, and you cant afford another, just get a regular Glock 19 as your backup primary.

I really like your pic (or the 642) as the backup gun, or as a primary for NPEs.

Why not use the glock 19 as your primary and the tricked out roland special as your secondary primary? If you're in a situation where your primary doesn't get the job done and you need a secondary, do you really want to use an inferior gun when the superior couldn't cut it?
In my humble opinion, you want your guns to work smart, not hard, as it were. As in, if your cheaper, lesser gun can get the job done, don't bother causing the wear and tear on your nicer gun unless it's necessary.

It would be irresponsible to do anything else
>Glock 24 longslide .40 S&W, 3 spare mags
>S&W 340PD .357 mag, 1 speedloader
>Beretta Tomcat .32 acp, sleeve gun

Attached: 1555462288092.jpg (328x450, 41K)

Or you can start with a 642 or LCP or whatever will eventually be your backup gun, and buy 2, then later buy a larger new "primary".

I subscribe to the school of thought that your carry pistol is the most important gun you own. Far, far, more important than your AR/AK/Shotgun/FAL/G3/whatever.

Yeah longuns are cool, and fun, but if you have to use one for real, its most likely going to be a pistol, so spend your money on pistols.

You missunderstand what I'm saying.

You don't carry the basic Glock 19, its a spare, maybe Spare Primary would be a better descriptor.

The purpose of the BUG is in case your primary breaks (such as the trigger spring of your 19/Roland snapping) and to have a gun that can be carried 24/7/365.

Why not something that will fit up your ass a little better with your queer preferences?

I would honestly AIWB carry my main and then a like 2 shot derringer in a pocket carry or something as a backup, but, all the rest of these posts are silly.

t. noguns

Honestly if you are not carrying at least 3 guns every day, you are lacking.

You should be carrying

10mm semi for cracking engine blocks bears etc
3 mags

357, so you can practice with 38 and the carry full magnum loads for defense. speedloaders are for queers just drop it when its empty

and then for your back up maybe something like a 45. The rami is the perfect choice.

when i was in Civil Affairs back in 03 I wore two glock 18s.

I carried a Mp5 unless it was to a meeting, then just the glocks. one IWB and the other tucked up under my shoulder. no one was the wiser, though I did assume every assumed I was armed.

why would you carry a fucking derringer.

Yawn.

Or just don't carry a gun, carry a rape whistle, or even better try to make the experience better for Jaquan and get into it.

looking at an LCRx in 327 mag or 9mm or else a SW 360 airweight in 357 mag. what should i get?

the 357

only if it was chrome and shot .357 fireballs next to my fake rolex.

Because it's sleezecore as fuck brah.

even though the 327 allows for more ammo in the same size gun and similar enough power with way less recoil? also ammo options are pretty good between 32acp, 32long, 32hr, 32sw, and 327

I prefer a back up to a reload.

Attached: 100_2689.jpg (2048x1536, 922K)

One in each boot

357 snubs are for retards and the 327 would be good if the round was more popular. Just get a 38. It's plenty of dakka with lower recoil and cheaper ammo.

Yes, or,one smaller and lighter gun, and one larger and heavier one. Match the gun with what you are wearing.

i wouldnt normally ever be shooting 357 out of it but id like the option, otherwise i might as well just get the 9mm ruger. 327 seems great but idk if its worth buying into

Don’t need a spare

Attached: CE6973DC-C3E2-4771-A58B-8A73494C3BF0.jpg (1024x261, 46K)

9mm is taper crimped and can jump under recoil and bind ur gun. Also fuck moon clips for anything but competition. .327 would be the shit but it's just not popular enough. All the .32 rounds are expensive and can be hard to source locally if u need some in a hurry. 38 is peak snub.

I love this video..327 is best round ever except for this one problem that makes it completely impractical lol.
youtube.com/watch?v=rz_m4M8CAe0

youtube.com/watch?v=ZunVgm8tAMQ

get the fuck out of here

Stop posting that abomination for (you)'s. There's always some retard like you who's proud of their abortion.

>Is it a good idea to have a spare carry gun in case something happens to your primary?

Yes. Just like it’s a good idea to have an ifak on you or pepper spray for situations that don’t call for deadly force just yet.

Fucky shit can happen to your gun, which is why it’s a good idea to NOT use your carry gun once you vet it for reliability and use an identical gun for practicing. I own a 642 but I still don’t carry a second gun, not worth the hassle for me. Don’t overthink it and be scared you’ll be killed in the streetz for not having a BUG, you should have an IFAK or at least TQ on you which will be more likely to be used.

Ayy heres the ideal setup when you innahood

>Hi boint 9mm as main
>Glock 35 with flux brace and flux accessories and stendo mags in backpack
>Glock 33 for ankle gun
>Glock 21 in .50GI for the memes

primary: s&w 629 4" barrel
primary backup: cz p-09
primary backup: sig p938
backup backup: s&w 638 bodyguard

If you live ini a state that allows mail delivery of ammo, which is most states, I don't see any issue with ammo availability. You can just order it. I don't understand the type of people that buy a box of ammo, shoot it at the range the same day, and only use what can be found at the local Fudd's gun shop.

Yeah you can get it online and it's expensive as fuck. Also getting caught short and needing to grab a few boxes local when your bud/nephew/whothefuckeverthatdoesn'tregularlyshoot wants to go to the range happens to most peole sometime.

Also I reload and could give two fucks about ammo prices for anything but SD ammo and I still wouldn't get into the .32 rounds. Feel free to be a snowflake like people that want 357sig or 40 when 9mm is dirt fucking cheap and easy to get everywhere but I guarantee you won't shoot that meme round as often as you should because of ammo cost.

Why would you want the option of .357 on a snub? It's super loud and obnoxious. Why would you want a 9mm that you need to use moon clips with? Moon clips can bend in your pocket ruining your reload. Why do you want a loud .327 with very little ammo selection? Why do you want a snub with an exposed hammer? It's just going to snag on shit. What would this gun be used for?

>What would this gun be used for?
Probably one trip to the range. That faggot is definitely a shopper and not a shooter.

>snub with an exposed hammer? It's just going to snag on shit
>he doesn't know how to hold a revolver

eh i go to the range every week and hunt every year, i just know jack shit about revolvers. not necessarily going to get a snub but theyre cheap af. probably will end up getting something with a 3-4 inch barrel but looking at options. didnt know about issues with 9mm. you can buy any 32 calibers online in bulk for reasonably cheap. you dont have to shoot 357 through a 357

>It's just going to snag on shit
only with pocket carry, also thumb over hammer dude

There is ZERO reason to ever need single action on a fighting revolver. People who advocate for that shit just out themselves as inexperienced faggots who haven't put in the work to git gud with spinbois and probably never will.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10

thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/

youtube.com/watch?v=EFYn5KChBvo

youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8

gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4

www.thesixgunjournal.net/a-revolver-buyers-checklist/

youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E

youtube.com/watch?v=gEHNZFTfSD8

youtube.com/watch?v=BaiGSDiaI_w

youtube.com/watch?v=CEHtRkyTe-0

Attached: 1556918806293.jpg (1287x994, 596K)

>Why would you want the option of .357 on a snub?
Maybe because he's not a pussy with glass wrists?

Nah more likely he doesn't understand handgun terminal ballistics.

youtube.com/watch?v=T6kUvi72s0Y

I agree that single-action is unnecessary on something like a J-Frame, but I know some people like having the exposed hammer for IWB. Same thing with DA/SA autos. feedback for when re-holstering.

inb4
>carrying a J-Frame in anything but a pocket

>guns are only made for killing
have you ever been to the range user?

If your hobby is making fireballs at the range 357 snubs are still stupid when you can get a 460.

Attached: 460 Ring of Fire.jpg (453x639, 59K)

>if everyone isn’t as queer as me then they shouldn’t bother carrying

>if I keep posting the video it'll make them agree that 9mm has the same ballistic energy as 357mag
Nah m8, I do agree that most handgun rounds are about as efficient as eachother as putting a man down however .357 has the edge in ballistic energy so depending on your target or shot placement a 357 mag will be better than a 9mm.

It must suck to be so stupid you don't realize how stupid you are.

>I can't deny .357 mag has more ballistic energy than my beloved 9mm so I'll call him stupid

>can't fathom that a round with enough energy to penetrate to FBI standards is just as effective on people as one with the energy to penetrate more.

Attached: 1535764157909.png (1416x1593, 2.19M)

I'm not disagreeing with you friend, however 357 mag will have more hydrostatic shock, and if your target is a nig bigga wearing heavy clothing you'll want more energy in your bullet. Look friend I'll carry 9mm all day but I'd rather carry .357 in a snub because it fits in my pocket and it has a trigger greater than 10 pounds. Why are you so upset that people like different things?

>more hydrostatic shock

lol he didn't watch the video. There is no remote wounding effect below around 2200FPS. The bullet has to touch tissue to damage it.

Attached: 1512703929367.png (449x401, 320K)

.357 mag per your chart has the same exact numbers as 9mm while also being able to perform better out of a short barrel and many have personal preferences to carry a snub nose over a pocket autoloader. The heavier trigger pull is peace of mind when a gun is inches from your dick, a revolver wont fte and you can't limp wrist one, you can shoot a revolver in a pocket and make contact shots.

So that energy just evaporates into thin air without interacting with tissue? Absolute denial of physics friend, the energy dissipates into the flesh and it may not tear flesh but I'll still take a bigger temporary cavity over a smaller one.

Can someone lead this mook to the Paul Harrell video on the subject of .357 and 9mm?

This
I got a CZ Scorpion and I love it because 9mm is dirt cheap and can be found anywhere. I have shot it far more often than any other gun I have ever owned. Several of my friends talked shit on it until they shot it
>to big for just a 9mm
>PCC are underpowered
>lol 9mm
then they did a few mag dumps and wanted one.

There is not enough energy to cause tearing in the elastic flesh until you hit that magic 200fps threshold. Watch the fucking video you goddamn boomer fudd motherfucker. I'm sorry you bought into all the bullshit sold to you in gun magazines over the years but it's irrelevant.

Paul Harrel is also a boomer fudd who can't into modern science. And his meat target is not fucking science

It's not like this shit is disputed in professional circles. It's only disputed by faggots who think they can buy competence instead of practicing.

2200FPS threshold.

Attached: 88mag.jpg (750x600, 55K)

Golly you're mad friend.
.357 has more energy than 9mm

H
A
S

M
O
R
E

E
N
E
R
G
Y

lol you're so fucking dumb you don't even know what we're arguing about. No one disputes it has more energy. It's just that the extra energy does not increase effectiveness.

.357 performs better out of snub nose revolvers and I prefer carrying a snub nose revolver over a pocket autoloader. So I'll carry .357 and it'll still kill people dead just as if not better than 9mm

>I called you dumb I win
>disregard that extra energy it's totally useless and there's no correlation between speed and weight and energy and the efficiency of a projectile

>.357 performs better out of snub nose revolvers
No it doesn't.

>I prefer carrying a snub nose revolver over a pocket autoloader.
So do I.

>So I'll carry .357 and it'll still kill people dead just as if not better than 9mm
Enjoy slower follow up shots and 5000% more ear bleeding

.38 master race.

Attached: 100_2684.jpg (2048x1536, 843K)

>I've got girl wrists

I can still shoot .38's out of my .357 and since it's just a hair heavier it'll probably have more controllable follow ups

The only thing that matters is adequate penetration. If you can achieve adequate penetration with a lower recoil round there is zero reason to use a higher recoiling round.

>I've got girl wrists

*Laughs in N Frame*

Attached: 100_2504.jpg (2048x1536, 956K)

I don't look for heavier in a pocket gun and 38s out of an airweight aren't shit.

Say whatever you want bud, but faster aimed shots are better shots and I can get that with a .357 snub loaded with .38's

i'd like to see an answer for this please

Watch the lucky gunner vid on the 327 posted in this thread. .327 mag is not "way less recoil".

so why didn't you just get a .38 instead of a .357?

>2 is 1, 1 is NONE

no never
i even took the spare tire off of my truck
because no speed, no drag.
what?

Because I want to shoot .357 mag and I can still shoot .38's why limit myself to just .38's? When you can buy one gun that shoots both and shoots .38 better

a .357 shoots .38s better than a .38 only? news to me dude

Why not? It's heavier and they're the same bullet

Why wouldn't it?

a .38 has freebore to jump through in a .357 cylinder

It's never happened to me, though I don't reload .38's

Yes also good to potentially arm a friendly, inb4 fudd spergs spout gay kike lawyer Talmudicspeak about this being a bad goy idea

Really?

Attached: 7E3071CD-0593-449F-92FE-CBBDD493FB66.jpg (4032x3024, 2.61M)

.38 is better.

Attached: 20190516_222857.jpg (4032x1960, 2.18M)

.357 sucks out of snub nose. Watch this video. Skip to about 5:25 if you want to get right to the action
>9mm 124gr +P out of a Glock 43
1145 fps, 361 ft/lbs
>9mm 124gr +P out of a Ruger SP101 snub nose
1163 fps, 372 ft/lbs
>.38 +P 125gr out of a S&W 340PD snub nose
789 FPS, 172 ft/lbs
>.357 mag 125gr out of a S&W 340PD snub nose
1090 fps, 329 ft/lbs

You get a shit ton more recoil from .357 in a snub nose due to all the high pressure gas blasting out the barrel after the bullet has left the barrel, you gain no muzzle energy over 9mm out of a similar barrel.

No I am not saying 9mm is more powerful than .357 magnum. Out of a longer barrel .357 is much more powerful than 9mm, but .357 is wasted in a short barrel. All you get is a ton of muzzle blast and recoil from the muzzle blast.

youtube.com/watch?v=1YTOV4dYLQE

it always happens, .38 is shorter than 357 Mag, so it will have more travel in a 357 cylinder

It's why shooting 38s gunks up a 357 quicker

I know he used that 38 load because of the similar bullet weight but the 130/5 grain loads used in the HST and Gold Dot are probably much better performers. I would have liked to see what data he got from them.

Can't find any data on the HST but an advertised muzzle velocity of 890.
youtube.com/watch?v=UZsber37rKU

Gold Dot:
Muzzle velocity: 990 fps
Velocity at 50 yards: 928 fps
Muzzle energy: 294 ft/lbs
Energy at 50 yards: 258 ft/lbs

Fatasses should be put in jail and be forced to fast.

For what it's worth, I like your shotty user. I know you don't hear that a lot.

>357 mag will have more hydrostatic shock
>wearing heavy clothing will stop a 9mm
>I can put a .357 snub in my pocket

Attached: burmalol.png (505x281, 322K)

Agreed. I no longer shoot my CCW gun now that I've vetted it and trust it. I plan on soon getting an identical gun to be the one I practice with regularly and put tons of rounds through.

I tend to do this with my pocket revolvers. Not so much with my 1911 becuse there isn't much that can suddenly break, but I worry about my wheelies.

That 'study' is absolute horse shit and only an idiot would consider it valid.

>I can't disprove his points so I'll post a picture of laughing females.

This is the truth. You can get a ring of burnt powder residue build up in a .357 cylinder from shooting .38's that makes it harder to reliably eject .357's when switching back and forth. Not that this is any issue at the range or if you clean your gun. With shooting .38 out of a .357 what I wonder is if there is velocity lost from the longer gap jump? Is there a larger cylinder gap flame? Does it cause increased wear on the forcing cone vs being fired out of a .38 cylinder?

I don't get this rationale. I like to know I shot my gun that week and it worked. I shoot the fuck out of my pocket J frame because that's my fetish.

When a revolver fails, it's often a part breakage that bricks the gun. There is often no way to know when a part may fail. The thought here is that the likelihood of breakage increases with use and defective parts will hopefully reveal themselves during reliability testing.

Your 1911 probably has twice the number of parts as my 442.

Just use a Glock and ensure that your gun never fails.

That's a bold claim there. You sure about that?

Okay, I'll take your bait. You're welcome

>*drops gun down flight of stairs*
>Oh good thing it's a glock, it's so reliable that it's still functional when it's three stories down from me

I'm convinced that if you open carry kind of weapon, it's mandatory to have a sub compact, or even something smaller as a back up if you get the opportunity. You're not always going to win the draw. If they think your harmless and lose the obvious one. A slide kind of thing is probably worse than a revolver for that sort of thing. If they think you can't do it, and you get the chance to do it. You probably got a better shot than with something you think is better like the open carry kind of weapon. If you're sort of renown for carrying then yeah definitely even if it isn't open carry. Unless they want to give you a cavity search from the start, it just seems like a better idea to maybe have something like that just because.