What is the best way to get a good working soviet gas mask that would fit a large/Xlarge head...

What is the best way to get a good working soviet gas mask that would fit a large/Xlarge head? I'm planning on getting it and getting that Chinese gost tobe that allows you to attache it to the soviet gost thread and fit a nato filter onto the nato thread on the other end of the tub and thus make it work but how effective would this be in a shit hitting the fan or generic stalker challenge situation?

>inb4 get an Israeli gas mask

They boring to look at and i want something that makes me sound inhumane and lets me use scopes and binoculars despite having psychosis issues.

Attached: shms-authentic-soviet-russian-grey-dirty-genuine-vintage-ussr-gas-mask-hose.jpg (280x400, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/52360369
ebay.com/itm/2in1-Paint-Spraying-Military-soviet-gas-mask-Full-Face-Facepiece-Respirator-40mm-/263282876372
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Never mind the filter issues. Have you ever tried putting on a Soviet full head rubber mask? It is like getting fucking scalped.

Don't care it is better than straps

self bump since mods rangebanned Arkansas BECAUSE FUCK THE ASSHOLE RANGEBANNING PRICKS

You definitely have not tried one then. Good luck. At least look for the size 4, which is extra large.

These masks are not inherently badly designed. Should you be able to successfully fit a modern filter it will probably still be a functional mask. In the same way a wooden peg is still a functional lower foot. You don't need to see to your right or left without swiveling your whole head anyway, right?

straps are far more comfortable and offer a wider degree of adjustment at fine points, assuming they're designed competently. If you don't know how to work a gas mask buckle, you probably aren't cut out for choosing a choosing a mask to defend yourself with.

Attached: m95(3).jpg (1488x1984, 492K)

An shms mask is better because it provides the ability to use a scope and binoculars plus it looks good and it covers over your entire head so if straps break it don't break which is why i am going to get. Would a large shms fit over a head that requires an extra large hat to fit on?

While optical masks do provide excellent vision with optics, they are extremely limiting in regards to general vision and are the gas mask equivalent of looking through a keyhole. Kind of hard to be tacticool and intimidating when you're tripping over every 2" obstacle in your path and getting shot at by people who aren't directly in front of you. Also, being made of thin rubber, the hood is more likely to tear than elastic straps, which are also more easily replaced.

Either way, size 4 would probably work, but they're rare.

wat

I Just bought a gp5 on Amazon actually there supposed to be new old stock and reviews i have seen say they are just fine its a little more then other places but got free next day shipping
Bought an Israeli NATO filter i know the threads are slightly different but for larping purposes I'm not going risk asbestos but what's the adapter your talking about id rather do it proper
Or is there a actual way to filter the asbestos with the gp5 filter

Just get the chinese hose adapter and you be able to use nato filters with your russian masks

Asbestos is in the prefilter. Wouldn't do much good to put it anywhere else.
The only way to be exposed is total failure of the canister.

It's in all russian filters it doesn't matter if it is pre or not nor does it matter if it is broken or not. The only reason why it was used back then was because it was effective for what it was used for and they did not knew the dangers of it so that is why they used it just like the reason why we used to have lead in our paint and pencils since it was great and effective and we did not knew of the dangers until later on.

Also op asked the same question on Jow Forums AND is from Arkansas ironically.

So the lqrge should be a good fit then? Got it.

There is a range ban here in Arkansas that was three week and it was uplifted then it was placed down again which upset me alot badly...

There is that chinese clone gp5 gas mask that is made to take nato filters but heard it is more stiff and not as lastic as the real gp5 and the valve is the bigger issue on alot of them which is why the chinese hose adapter is what I'm going to get because it has a gost thread and a nato thread on the other and gonna use plumbers tape on the gost thread to make sure there is a tight seal just like the hardness of my state's diamond.

False
Also you can mate a 40mm nato filter to a soviet gasmask ez pz

No you cant unless you either use a plumers tape, ducktape, rubber ring or alternative nato filter that was made to fit into that mask but isn't standard nato filter for all forces.

Teach me your ways. Have Russian design mask with those asbestos elements

reduce the size of yo big ass head obv

>wrapping a little teflon tape around threads to too tough for me

Idk what to tell you dude I have a gp4 and gp5 and the 40mm nato filters screw right in no problem and are air tight with a hand test. Vice versa the hose that came with the gp5 as well as the coffee filter and little green filter screw right into my israeli mask, even tho that's a bit different cuz the mask's threads are plastic, but like I said earlier if you don't feel safe enough you can just wrap some tefflon tape around the nato filter threads

But that would mean i have to stop lifting weights with my head then...

Go take a plate, take a giant shit on it, put on that mask and slap that nato and go into that closet with that shit for five minutes and if you can still smell it then you fucking died because nato thread and gost threads dont go together because air can seep through still which means if you can still smell it it means you are fucked still

As long as you dont use it as a scuba rebreather.
>please dont

That just gave me an idea...

>we lost another one, boys.

What's wrong with you?

Nothing wrong with me besdies your the problem same as people telling me i need help for wanting a riot shield for answering my door.

Dude are you schiszophrenic? Like I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but I gave you legitimate advice and you instantly think I'm making fun of you or something. And now you come out with this riot shield shit that has nothing to do with anything I said.
Not everyone's out to get you fren

He's the same op that made this thread while back desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/52360369

I'm not a schizophrenic maniac and your the one that is insane for thinking just slapping nato and trusting a gost thread itself is fine but what if that poisonous air gets to you and yiu suffocate and die as your organs turns to mush and you vomit blood and you piss acid? You need the chinese hose adapter inorder to use the nato filters with gost threaded gas masks.

>Thread seal tape (also known as PTFE tape, Teflon tape, or plumber's tape) is a polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) film tape commonly used in plumbing for sealing pipe threads. ... Thread seal tape lubricates allowing for a deeper seating of the threads, and it helps prevent the threads from seizing when being unscrewed.

Get a soviet gas mask that fits and buy a chinese TF-1 hose, they're a universal hose.

Better to just get the chinese hose adapter instead dumbass.

Self bump because RANGE BAN ON ARKANSAS FUCK YOU ASSFUCKS I'M NOT BUYING A FUCKING PASS!

recommendation for a base for a kerberos mask?

Attached: 1541393695267.jpg (678x960, 59K)

Self bump...

Pic related or a S-10 with red lenses.

Attached: Mig 17 mask.jpg (224x400, 21K)

Where can I source this hose?
I got mine on the bay, shipped from Ukraine.
Are all the gp5 canisters loaded with asbestos? Should I toss the ones that were sent?

Once again the asbestos is only in the prefilter. The canister needs to suffer catastrophic failure for the asbestos to be inhaled.

Your still inhaling cancer inducing shit dumbass

Please explain how the asbestos can work it;s way through three more filters.
The asbestos is part of the paper prefilter. It's roughly 4-8% and is used for mechanical strength and to neutralize arsenic compounds.
It would have to leave the paper and travel through the entire charcoal bed and the two paper filters that keep the charcoal contained.

If asbestos so great then why does nato not have them then?

NATO did in the past.
NATO countries simply had better manufacturing so could make stronger paper that could simply use glass fiber for reinforcement, or use none at all. NATO also switched to the hexavalent chromium and a few other compounds to treat the carbon for better effectiveness. This shit is much more dangerous and easier to inhale.
Arsenic gases are not really considered a threat anymore so no one feels the need to specifically protect against them.

*SOVIET
Fuck you OP

Attached: niggawhat.webm (850x480, 2.94M)

i collect masks like this, nato filters screw on and seal perfectly fine. i have used them for painting alot and never smell any lacquer

Fuck off pol

Antifa is mad :3

Attached: 1557741998251.png.jpg (134x200, 9K)

bump

>how effective would this be in a shit hitting the fan or generic stalker challenge situation?
Shtf, you die first. Stalker challenge, you probably get bonus multipliers or some shit.

It happens. We had one for a while toward the tail end of the orgy that Judge Benitez touched off.

Bump

Link to the Chinese adapter? I cant find shit.

Ebay

He is alive still I thought

Bump

Tried. No luck.

Try ordering a few of them it's only a few five bucks

Ebay, the shop name is globalfashionshop2017, the hose stinks to high hell though, i'd suggest washing it out and letting it air out for a few days.

Post the link, not the name faggot

ebay.com/itm/2in1-Paint-Spraying-Military-soviet-gas-mask-Full-Face-Facepiece-Respirator-40mm-/263282876372

the price went up kmn

Dumbass

>that many stahlhelms and masks
>all of them in an office
Pls explain

Makes sense to me. Helps weed out undesirable clients and job seekers.

there a way to make the lens on the shms lens not fog up like hell?

Bump

bump

Bump.