Handgun General - /hg/ - #293

Taurus appreciation edition.

Pastebin:
pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide:
scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

p.t. 41454445

Attached: taurus tx twenty two.jpg (1900x1267, 804K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/938-9-SPORTS13
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/938-9-DB-AMBI
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1558084277320.webm
shop.gatguns.com/handguns/semi-automatic-handguns/sig-sauer-p938-ambidextrous-single-9mm-3-71-rubber-grip-black-finish-57
shop.gatguns.com/handguns/semi-automatic-handguns/smith-and-wesson-mp9-m20-compact-semi-auto-handgun-9mm-luger-4-barrel-15-rounds-no-thumb-safety-accessory-rail-m20-triggerbarrel-polymer-frame-armornite-finish-matte-black-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for best 'Woo.

Attached: 21mtx18.jpg (5184x3456, 1.75M)

I shot about 1,200 rounds through this thing today. Not pictured: 100 rds of Mini Mag.

Attached: IMG_4802.jpg (1700x1275, 417K)

I thought the little loading tool was stupid and gay, until after loading 600 rounds my fingers were on fire and it turns out not to be gay at all. It's pretty flipping straight actually.

I kept track of failures with tape in case they were mag-related.

Attached: IMG_4804.jpg (1125x1500, 276K)

Only one magazine had a problem, from the start it wouldn't lock open on an empty mag. None of the other mags showed repeating problems, and that one mag didn't have any feeding problems.

Not counting the 1 magazine which never held the bolt open, I had exactly 3 failures of any type:
1x nose-down jam, solved by racking the slide
1x hard jam, pinched a Mini Mag, had to manually clear
1x random bolt hold open failure (I think it was my finger)

THATS IT. I cannot believe it, I have never had a .22 as reliable as this! ~1,200 rounds, suppressed and unsuppressed, subsonic and supersonic, no cleaning and no oiling all day. None of my other .22s are even as close to as reliable as this.

Attached: IMG_4811.jpg (1100x1467, 315K)

I got one as soon as they were available. I've had no issues suppressed or not with the ammo I've tried. CCI standard, Gemtech, Geco, and federal bulk. The screws holding the front and rear sights were loose but that was an easy fix. Taurus did a pretty good job on this one.

The TX22 isn't going to win any competitions with accuracy, but it's definitely plinkable. These are 6" targets at 15 yards, very rapid fire with all different kinds of ammo.

Attached: IMG_4806.jpg (2000x1500, 277K)

Brought home a brand new member of the family today. Pls no bully. If it breaks in well it's going to be my new edc gat

Attached: Resized_20190516_182022.jpg (810x1080, 640K)

I'll check that when I tear it down for cleanup.

I did notice that these two pins were barely protruding from the left side after the ~1,200 rounds, I don't know if they were like that out of the box, I didn't notice. They're very small pins, like 1/16". I'll watch these in the future, but I bumped them back in when I got home.

Are you TX22anon from the past few threads? If so, I never had a single slide lock happen mid-magazine. But I did have that one mag refuse to hold the slide open, and had one rando slide lockback failure.

Attached: IMG_4813.jpg (1500x1125, 269K)

bought an extendo for my LCP II

I broke 2000 rounds fired last weekend. Not a hiccup so far.

Attached: 20190325_173851.jpg (2048x1536, 1.28M)

Redpill me on the sig p938. My LGS is selling them for around $750. I know prices are higher in physical stores than online but is that a bit too high?

Goddamn that's a terrible price. Get a used on off Armslist for 500

I'm Who bought both the Staccatos. I've only mentioned my TX22 here and there. Mine hasn't had any issues with the 4 magazines I own. I only recall one failure to extract with one round of federal bulk that seemed unusually weak. No slide lock issues.

Don't get me wrong it's a great gun. Here's mine. But fuck that price

Attached: Resized_20190213_180739.jpg (1440x1080, 645K)

That's pretty high

I guess I'll look around online instead. I try to support local gun stores but living in northeast illinois doesn't make it easy. Seems like everything is overpriced here.

The only wear I can find is this little spot on the bottom of the barrel. There is typical wear on the slide rails of the frame but NO wear in the slide. NO exposed aluminum or any indication that the plastic or aluminum is being damaged anywhere, even after several hundred high velocity rounds through a suppressor.

What a fantastic little gun, I'm super impressed. The trigger is really great too. Shillfactor increased by 5.

Cool! 9mm? What a cute little fellow!

>vomits in wallet

Well that price is so bad I'd write off that gun shop for literally ever, never go back and tell everyone else to stay away. But the P938 is a good little gun. It's going to be pretty unpleasant to shoot for any length though. Purely a defensive thing that you're going to hate training with. The P238 in comparison is one of the milder .380s out there.

There are different models of P938 btw, and some of them are in the high $600s, so maybe you were looking at one of those. But if it's one of these basic bitch P938s that shop needs to be DMZ'd.
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/938-9-SPORTS13
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/938-9-DB-AMBI

Does it add rounds or just a pinky extendo? I'm interested in a round extendo.

Attached: IMG_4817.jpg (1600x1200, 307K)

Look in GA. There are several listed around that price and might ship to your local FFL

I'm taking a shit guys

Nope .45. Everywhere says they need at least a 500 round break in due to Kimbers tolerances needing to break in. So I'm hoping once I get a few thousand rounds through it with no hiccups I can trust it.

I live in the same area and that's the conclusion i've come to, I had wanted to support local guys but literally everything is at least $100 cheaper online.

All the stores around here seem to have the policy that they don't do FFL transfers on guns they have in stock too. It gets frustrating. Luckily some guy who lives a few blocks away from me runs a gunsmithing shop out of his house and has an FFL and does transfers for $10.

Anybody banged on the adjustable LPA sights that Walther puts on the TAC 4? I can't find any adjustable.sights for a PPQ except these, but they look flimsy as fuck.

I don't want to shove some Dawsons on there and have no good way to deal with vertical POI except a file.

Attached: 71vEvE7pnOL._SX425_.jpg (425x315, 10K)

Look for small pawn shops. That's the best way to get around that stock rule

I appreciate me some taurus

Attached: strange_bedfellows.jpg (4032x2268, 2.37M)

Pics?

Break in is a myth, it should work right away or not at all. Post updates if you can pls, I'd like to get firsthand experience with a new Kimber

Ok I'll post you an update after our first range visit

I've been going to shoot point blank, they charge $50 but waive the fee if you spend $100, so I just buy some ammo or a stripped lower. But fuck $10 sounds way better.

Which one?

Fiocci is made in Italy... by FOREIGNERS... and has that weird brass jacket wash instead of copper, but it comes in 50rd boxes and trays and is 1,200fps.

CCI comes in a literal sack and is about 1,150fps (I want wimpy range fun ammo). But is made by Americans.

Attached: ammo.jpg (1076x602, 105K)

>tfw

Attached: 20190516_175237.jpg (4032x2268, 2.73M)

Is that TCGC? Damn I miss Oregon.

>Fiocci is made in Italy... by FOREIGNERS
Their ammo plant is right outside Springfield in Christian Co., Missouri.

>Missouri
Even worse

My Remington came in.

Attached: IMG_20190516_232031794.jpg (4160x3120, 3.06M)

>None of my other .22s are even as close to as reliable as this.
Not even dedicated .22s like the Marks and Victories?

Gat Guns

I've had bad results with my extendo mag. Kept having malfunctions when using it. Granted, I was using pretty dirty Aguila ammo, but nothing like this happened with the standard 6rd mag.

It gives you a full grip, but it doesn't tame the recoil much at all, and it makes the gun unpocketable in my chinos.

Oh right, the LCP II ext. mag gives you 7rds instead of 6. Forgot to mention that.

Douglas Ridge Rifle Club

The ones I'm looking at are made in Italy, but they are also made in Hungary. Depends on the lot afaik.

So Fiocci is your boo?

Cool!

I don't have a Victory so can't say, I would think they'd be super sorted, but my Mark is nowhere near as reliable as this TX22. It'll jam on it's own about once every, I dunno, 7-10 mags. Usually bad jams where it pinches the case and needs the mag removed and a finger or something to dig the round out. But if shot suppressed it starts jamming all the flipping time, more and more often until it's several times a mag and it has to be completely strip cleaned, INCLUDING the inside of the mags.

It's actually one of the more jammy .22s I have, but all my other 22s jam to some degree. Like my 21A won't fire two consecutive shots of subsonic (without a suppressor), my TPH will nose-up every few mags, my 10/22s will smash cases about once every 3 mags, and my High Standard, holy schnikes don't even get me started.

1,200 rounds with 1 hard jam and 1 minor jam with zero cleaning was, until now, impossible in my experience. I guess I have to readjust my experience now!

Yeah I imagine the recoil wouldn't be much different. When I carry my LCP1 it's with the little flush 6 rounder. It's not too bad though right? For a 9 ounce gun. lol

For me, fixed barrel stuff like PPs hurt after not very long, but I shot 200 rounds of JHP through my LCP in one sitting and was doing fine.

Cabelas have a sale or somethin?

Arms list seems sketchy af. Any other sites to buy used guns. I'm a cali cuck trying to get grandfathered guns that are techically on the doj but older dash variants. Fuck shillary holes

Hey my dudes, have any of you had any experience with lone Wolf conversion barrels for Glocks? I decided it's a better idea to leave my g5 g19 stock, and I realized it's a lot cheaper to buy a Glock 22 so I can rice that out with red dots and threaded barrels and maybe a can down the road. Shooting this guy was definitely a bad idea as it made shooting pistols way too easy

Attached: IMG_20190515_120534004.jpg (2905x3874, 2.25M)

Calguns is the best place online to look for used handguns in CA.

But for what you want, your best bet is to go into some gunshops and pawnshops, tell them exactly what you're looking for, and asking if they'll keep your number handy in case one comes in.

Help me Jow Forums, I keep flip flopping between selling my HK P2000v3 and keeping it. Why shouldn't/should I?

Pros:
+Looks great
+Grip feels comfortable
+Shoots great

Cons:
-Live in a shit state so I'm limited 10 rounds, subcompacts would win for carry if I get my ccw
-Not as fun to shoot as my full size pistols
-Decocker position is vastly different from every other gun I own

I FEEL THE NEED

THE NEED FOR SPEED

Attached: IMG_20190517_013215_1.jpg (3840x2160, 2.94M)

Any good kydex for this little slut? Uncle mike isnt cutting it anymore

Attached: 97A9D620-162C-405D-8A88-D57B1017E833.jpg (4032x3024, 3.99M)

If you don’t desperately need the money for diabetes medicine or dragon dildos I would hang onto it

Do the sights clear on a 1" diameter can?

I do love my dragon dildo shaped diabetes meds...
Really though I've been thinking about getting more in to rifles and the extra cash for ammo would be nice to have. Ammo background checks start on July 1st, so stocking up prior to that is on my mind.

The Pastebin in OP updated with more handguns, added .22s to firstguns, and added more vendors, auction sites and forums.

If anyone has any good suggestions I'm happy to edit them in.

Armslist is only as sketchy as the people on it. If you smell fish, bail. Your nose knows. But if you're meeting someone in person, what are they going to do? Not have the thing or money? You can inspect the thing you want if you buy or see their money if you sell. Go with a buddy why not, and meet someplace super public like a supermarket lot or in front of a police station. Oh wait you're in CA, you have to go to an FFL, even better.

But yes to answer your question, there are lots of sites listed in the pastebin in OP. My favorites are armslist, ar15.com, gunbroker, and for you, calguns.

Not conversion barrels but I built an 80% that I massively regretted every step of the way and hated every day after it was finished. Total waste of money, I'd have been happier with a factory glocc and probably would still own it if it were.

If they stopped making P2000s today, they would never dry up. They'll be available forever if you change your mind.

But since you're selling, hmu, I'm looking for a donor gun to populate my red frame, pic related. If the price is right, I'm your man. [email protected]

>.45aarp
>speed
Wait holup, is this some kind of ruse?

I think you'd be pretty well served by anything $30-$50. Couldn't tell you any brands, sorry

Easily. The can on the right (SWR Warlock) is 1", the can on the left (Thompson Machine Isis22) is actually 1.125", and the can is basically not visible! Pic also related.

Attached: IMG_3921.jpg (1300x1950, 525K)

Since it's basically not visible, there really is a can on there.

Attached: IMG_3924.jpg (1600x1067, 530K)

Add a date to the pastebin so we can shit on it for not being current year.

I shuffle or delete things every couple of months as deals come and go, it's a living document, if you see something out of place please let me know.

Regarding "size," it'd be better to change terms such as "Semi-compacts" to "compacts," and "compacts" to "subcompacts."

Does anyone know the dimensions of 30 round 10mm glock mags?

Anybody have any IWB holster recommendations that won't fuck up glock slides? I know I know it's a gun and a tool and character and all that bit kydex seems to scratch very aggressively. Thank you anybody for some insight.

Its so easy

Attached: glock.jpg (1500x948, 151K)

Well the first problem is being left-handed.

>Well the first problem is being left-handed.
You mean well deserved
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1558084277320.webm

Me too

Burr, which one are you getting? I just bought my first 9mm (Glock 26) and want to buy some bulk ammo. Do you have to sign for ammo deliveries or does it get left at your door? For some reason I have believed for a long one that you have to be present for delivery?

>So Fiocci is your boo?
Nah. Just heard about their US plant after they had a small explosion that blew the roof off of one of their smaller buildings.

Although Fiochi, Blazer, and rarely Speer seem like the only ammo I can find nowadays at $8 or under these days for a box of 50 brassed case.

Yeah I hear you about the factory Glock. It's the reason I'm keeping my gen 5 stock and not fucking with it, I want to keep one factory, reliable Glock in my rotation.

Just as bad. Look at this shit.

shop.gatguns.com/handguns/semi-automatic-handguns/sig-sauer-p938-ambidextrous-single-9mm-3-71-rubber-grip-black-finish-57

shop.gatguns.com/handguns/semi-automatic-handguns/smith-and-wesson-mp9-m20-compact-semi-auto-handgun-9mm-luger-4-barrel-15-rounds-no-thumb-safety-accessory-rail-m20-triggerbarrel-polymer-frame-armornite-finish-matte-black-1

nice range though

Comfy GA prices

Attached: Screenshot_20190517-095941_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 516K)

Has CZ just not released the p-10c optics ready pistols stateside yet? I cannot find any in stock anywhere.

I TOLD YOU BRO
I TOLD YOU

How big of a mistake is buying this pistol?

Attached: pt22.jpg (1280x720, 244K)

Break in isn't a myth Burt, the parts have to wear together.

My Bersa had a break-in period. It went from a total piece of shit to a functional piece of shit in 350 rounds and some dremel work. It depends on the gun.

I turned 18 a few months ago and since I live on the shittier side of Indianapolis I wanted to carry a handgun for defense. Since I'm not legally allowed to buy one from an FFL because of my age, can I still buy one from a private individual or gun show?

>want to purchase pistol
>nowhere has it in stock
>refuse to purchase any firearm without a good finger fucking first
just fuck my shit up

>private individual
If you can find someone to sell you one
>Gun show
No

just fuck my shit up

That’s a good policy to have, honestly.
What pistol?

steyr s9-a1

Check out PJ Holster's IWB model, they cover the whole Kahr line. I've lost count of how many holsters I've bought from them. Decent holsters for cheap, simple and slim design, and they usually ship in a week.

Oh yeah that is a little obscure. Is there at least a full size available somewhere to check out?

I handled the C series a while back and really liked the ergos, but my hands are a little on the larger side and sub compacts usually feel a little small. I would just pick up a c-a1 but Id be worried about printing

try to get the metal frame one over the poly bs

Was gonna get a khar .380 but I'm seeing a number of videos stating they haven't been reliable. How's the sig p238 ?

I too am buying a sig sauer 320

>Steyr MF
>not shipping until June
>no plans for optics cut slides
Fucking why

Attached: mother fucking steyr.jpg (1000x667, 74K)

is there anyplay to buy a tokarev in 9mm the m57 is sold out everywhere

Attached: M70A[1].jpg (749x496, 82K)

Be glad, they'd just fuck it up like Walther and attach the rear sight to the removable plate, despite every milling shop out there being able to do it correctly.

I decided to get over my hatred of striker fired guns and put this together.

Attached: PPQq4tacrmrxc1.jpg (1920x1080, 721K)

>announced 03/19
>HK reps have no idea when or if they'll be imported

Attached: we suck and they hate us.png (461x348, 63K)

where do you find any of these at this price point?

Attached: a.png (285x153, 2K)

> Killed in the streets, bro
Seriously, can we just mark the metal sides of the RMR with a white paint pen to simulate a rear site and get a half-ass zero on the FSP for inside 10y in case the battery dies?

The battery won't die if you change it yearly. There's also plenty of ways to line up for a shot in the event you don't have a dot.

>we put a striker in a P30 frame
I don't understand, is this supposed to be a p320 competitor or something? Are they replacing the VP9?

What is the best built handgun I can buy for $1000 give or take? I have every gun I need for a practical purpose already, so I just want something that feels amazing in the hand and I can appreciate how quality it feels or looks. Was considering some type of ruger revolver for that bank vault feel, or maybe a dan wesson heritage if I can find a good deal.

you guys are bullshitters

That is a VP9 you dumbshit, it's just got an optics cut.

How much? That looks like a winner

Try one of the high end CZ models

>reeee
Alright calm down asstard, I didn't know they were named SFP's.

Should I buy a silencerco threaded barrel and PMM comp for my VP9 or shell out the 500 shekels for a long slide kit? I like that the long slide barrel comes with the HK o-ring system but I don't know if it's worth the extra $250 when it will probably shoot flatter with the compensator anyway.

Attached: _20190517_135450.jpg (958x861, 135K)

Big brainlet hours

Welcome to the /walthergang/

Attached: IMG_20190420_213803759.jpg (4032x2268, 978K)