What's the Noveske/KAC of EDC knives?

Looking to buy a EDC knife and don't know any big high end brands. Definitely am sick of the flee market special and want to get something that is quality.

Attached: 1.0x0.jpg (850x600, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cutleryshoppe.com/spyderco-c223gpbnbk-para-military-3-2-95-black-dlc-cpm-s35vn-blade-dark-earth-g-10-handle-sprint-run-limited-edition/
gununiversity.com/is-benchmade-knife-company-anti-gun/
youtube.com/watch?v=3FiKmt_aMfE
youtube.com/watch?v=tk4VsauJqck
knifecenter.com/item/ON8834CF/ontario-rat-model-2-folding-knife-d2-black-plain-blade-carbon-fiber-g10-handles
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I guess Spyderco

Zero Tolerance, spyderco, and boker are all gucci.

But if you dont know anything about steels, youll just end up with a mediocre knife after a little use.

>a fucking hole

That's how you deploy it, they don't give you another way on most, if not all their knives.
If you don't like it, try some variant of a Kershaw speedsafe. Kershaw is the only other knife company I can personally vouch for, but it's not gucci shit.

Define: “high end”. How much are you looking to spend?

I thought modern boker was meme tier.

Under $1k

Something like a Boker kwaikan, is an amazing gentlemen's folder.

I mean, all folders, are less durable than a 12 dollar, mora. so just get something from a not shit company, you can deploy quickly and doesnt print like a mofo. Folders are only good because they can be EDCed well.

balisong

Get this knife. I have one and it's amazing. The action is so smooth and it feels so good to open one handed. You will not be disappointed. You could also get the pm2 version if you want a longer bade.
cutleryshoppe.com/spyderco-c223gpbnbk-para-military-3-2-95-black-dlc-cpm-s35vn-blade-dark-earth-g-10-handle-sprint-run-limited-edition/

Microtech

kershaws and zero tolerance are basically the same, but youll typically have higher quality steels and prices with zero tolerance although my kershaw knife's steel is better than almost all of zero tolerances. inb4 theyre not the same theyre the same fucking company

Spyderco or ZT

ITT: Literal trash. Zero Tolerance has terrible lock up. Microtech is absolute worthless garbage that appeals to CSGOtards.

Attached: INK_1_1800x1200.jpg (1800x1200, 74K)

I didnt think Kershaw's were supposed to equal ZT's. That ZT was the premier brand.
What steel is in your kershaw that is better than a ZT's

>sebenza
>high quality

Does anyone actually use their sebenza?

kershaw makes limited runs of some of their knives with high end steels. I have an M390 blade in mine. most zero tolerances i see have S30V or S35VN which are very nice steels but not quite as nice

O didnt know that. Ya M390 is an excellent steel for folders.

Under $1000 will place you firmly into custom knife territory.

$400-500 is where you'll get the super high-end or "semi-custom" factory knives.

I agree, get a nice bali

Attached: IMG_20190516_163103.jpg (3264x1632, 890K)

Spyderco is good

this. Anything above $500 and you're just going for super specific things.

What are some good custom knife manufacturers then?

I wouldn't suggest going custom unless you want something super specific, in which case suggesting general things wont help.
CRK, Shigorov, microtech, Medford, Spyderco (high end), and Hinderer.
Although almost anything above $150-$200 is gonna get you significant diminishing returns. Honestly, a high end Spyderco or Benchmade to 99.9% of the population would seem and feel like peak gucci,

Benchmade unironically

two sun

Buy a $20 Ganzo and take some time to learn about knives. Buy one when you've learned more, you'll save money

gununiversity.com/is-benchmade-knife-company-anti-gun/

Pls dont bring back sebenza posting

>Overpriced. You can't even argue that "it's not overpriced if so many people are willing to buy it". They and you are just chumps that are circle-jerking a knife that is no better than a similar one that's literally half its price.

It's called quality

M390 balisong... Hnnggg

I tend to treat knives like I treat screwdrivers, scrapers etc. Pay enough to get better than absolute gas station counter tier junk but not much more. Kitchen knives I will pay more for as they are not exposed to the kind of /out/ abuse the pocket knives get. A knife is no good if it's so special you hesitate to use it for its intended purpose fearing damage.

>tfw in Victoria, Australia and you can't EDC a knife or you're sent to prison for a year.

I myself like the spidey hole. Makes opening it with any finger very easy.

zt, some higher end spydercos and benchmades.

hinderer and chris reeve are also classic gucci knives at a higher price point yet.

I would say a lot of people's kitchen knives get more abused than their pocket knives. My fiance took my kitchen knife and batoned a pickle jar and put chips in the blade. Had to sharpen a ton of blade off.

It's Chris Reeves shit.
Spyderco and ZT are BCM/DD
Benchmade is Troy
Kershaw is PSA

I'm a spaghettiboo who hates money and doesn't actually use his knives. Believe me when I tell you: Extrema Ratio is what you're looking for.

Attached: extremab1.jpg (1500x1500, 615K)

>It's Chris Reeves shit.
I wonder what started this meme. It goes beyond poorfags.

I remember this story. Why didnt you leave her like we all said you should?

How did they sum up eternal virginity so perfectly in that knife?

Half face blades. Chris reeves. Winkler. Strider. Dpx. Emerson.

Pick one of these and you'll be ruler of the roost and hated by the poors.

I mean if you're gonna do that probably better to get a mutli tool.

>Strider
youtube.com/watch?v=3FiKmt_aMfE
get china clone instead
youtube.com/watch?v=tk4VsauJqck

its just OCD in every aspect, you dont have to be in """""hard use""""" situations to own a sebenza and need a knife. not that i dont hate sebenzas myself. you can get a well ground, precise knife that you can repair yourself for much less all day long, sebenza fucks you in the price and label it as "you have to feel it to know why its that expensive :^)" which is retarded.
theres also no such thing as hard use, just cutting etiquette. you will fuck your knife up cutting rope if you use a steel truck bed as a cutting board like my asshole boss did on a job, and you can do rough jobs without even a little bit of wear. its about how you cut, not what you cut

First time posting it. Just goes to show that kitchen knives get abused.

>benchmade fans: its ok, he dont break
>benchmade: breaks

Fuck Benchmade. Anti 2A, gun destroying, anti gun 100% Democrat donating faggots

even if the political beliefs of their owner matched their community of buyers, that doesnt take away the weakness of their omega springs/axis lock, and their gross overpricing of their knives. im not buying a knife from someone for $200 if i could have bought it 10 years ago for $100. thats disgusting to me

General mediocre lifestyle cope.

Recommend me something like the bugout. The bugout with serrated combo edge and rust resistant coating is pretty much what I want on my keychain right now, anything in that range with same basic weight/blade length/features that is better?

E X T R E M A
A
T
I
O
is what you're looking for

Fuck you, you PacWest commie

how about delica/endura with serrations

It does come partially serrated, but it's non-DLC.

knifecenter.com/item/ON8834CF/ontario-rat-model-2-folding-knife-d2-black-plain-blade-carbon-fiber-g10-handles

Spyderco isn't gucci.

>emerson

how about a knife that has

1: no questions asked warranty

2: gorgeous pattern like OP's knife on blade

>Looking to buy a EDC knife and don't know any big high end brands
Shirogorov

What can I get for $4,000?

There is only one...Extrema ratio

Attached: knife-logo-design-fresh-extrema-ratio-messer-shop-messerworld-of-knife-logo-design.jpg (430x300, 8K)

>He needs a knife warranty
Kek, it's a knife, not a washing machine.
>Gorgeous pattern
Come on, damascus steel is kitsch.

I'm going to say Extrema Ratio is pretty damn great.

Their Suppressor is downright orgasmic.

Attached: 0DC8709B-65BF-4F40-BF92-242E680F15C6-15283-00000851EAD19AB6_zpsac8882b7.jpg (768x1024, 289K)

a handmade custom sword from an expert

Sebenzas are extremely well made. You can't argue there's more cost that go into them vs a similarly performing $100 spyderco.

Have a dragonfly in zdp 189, their overall shape and hand feel isn’t my cuppa. My dads bench made (although admittedly a larger model) feels better in every way. Honestly looking to trade/sell the dragonfly it’s reduced to opening boxes and shit, I don’t like it.

I really want the dlc, plus I can’t even find the serrated model 2, only model 1, which is another size category. Thanks for the heads up though.

EDC thread?

Attached: 1556666987080.jpg (468x286, 44K)

Nice

Attached: 15876646_147342025759819_2463635421859414016_n.jpg (1080x1080, 228K)

>extrema eatio

make one so i dont have to desu

These knives are called extrema ratio due to the extreme ratio of money spent building these pieces of mall ninja crap to the amount of money neckbeard idiots pay to buy them. ITS-A-GOOD-A-PROFIT-MARGIN

(Global rule)
If BOOF wills it. It must be true.
Go away heretic.

Ive heard extrema is amazing quality

Boof is cringe and sounds like the name of some reddit trap posting here. Since this is a knife thread we can cut straight to the cheek and neck cutting. SCREEE trumpet plastic screams

Attached: mutiny2.png (2995x1543, 371K)

You should really lurk more.

Up yours faggot, boof is a treasure.

Attached: 1558242030450.png (1024x768, 1.1M)

>basedjack against edc thread
But knives made with the EDC purpose are designed for effeminate people who don't know how a real man's folding knife should look.

god damn it. my wallet already hates me and now I see this

Williams Blade Design

Attached: OZF001_001_1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 103K)

Attached: 54277328_148812562806378_6777023447708914421_n.jpg (1080x1080, 258K)

Disregard all these retards.
Buy a Buck 119. Only knife you’ll ever need.

they were assholed before the gun-cutting thing because they tried to copyright "balisong" even though it's the traditional name for a butterfly knife.