Why is the p228 giving me a hard on?

I think I'm gunna get one. What do y'all think of it? Inb4 nusig rust and made in India memes.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-16-23-43-01.png (720x1280, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/M11-A1-NBF
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/798681544271
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/M11-A1
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/E29R-9-BSS
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yeah

Why is it almost 1k? I could probably get it for cheaper in Switzerland.

Yeah posting reinforces that this board is dead. I'm hopping ship. See you all on Reddit.

Attached: 0514191532_HDR.jpg (4160x3120, 3.36M)

That's your only alternative? Really?

Get an LEO trade in P229 instead.
>earlier models that are typically more reliable
>cheaper
>short extractor; superior to the longer MIM ones
>beefier slide
>did I mention they’re cheaper?

If you are wondering, the difference between the 228 and 229 is the 229 was designed for .40 S&W so the slide is more robust, they then made them in 9mm.

One caveat is the older P229’s cannot use the new mecgar 15rd mags and can only accept OEM 13rd mags. The P229-A1 specifically is the one that can accept the 15rders, I’m a little fuzzy on Sigs so take this with a grain of salt and do your own research.

No way should anyone spend “””””nine hundred fucking dollars””””” on a base model Sig. That’s Legion money right there which is a legitimately good feature packed gun
that has a cringeworthy marketing campaign behind it with a shitty ass holster shipped with it but if I had $900 and had to buy a Sig, a DA/SA 9mm Legion P226 or P229 would be my pick.
>pic related; my 226

Attached: 66CF09D8-8007-43DD-A3F6-015BEE05FFAE.jpg (1642x2046, 667K)

>switzerland
>sig inc.

I could find one for cheaper. This was just from a well known physical gun stores website. American Sig is notoriously good at marketing to tacticool wanna be retards like myself .

I want a p229 just so I can pistol whip someone with an all steel grip.

If it's a nusig P228 then it's just a nusig P229 without a rail so they're literally the same. Getting a trade in P229 is still much cheaper and a better deal though.
Also yeah if you have the cash the Legion is actually a great gun despite the shit marketing.
t. P229 Legion owner

Forgot pic

Attached: IMAG0858.jpg (2230x3556, 1.75M)

Noted guys. Thanks. Yeah I'd get a police trade in 228 but the 15 round mags are kind of a sticking point for me. So the 228/229 legion is worth the extra money over a trade in but the regular 228/229 like in pic related isn't?

Yes?
Just get a hipoint lol

Also, consider the SP2022. It’s an affordable alternative to Sig’s metal guns but is apparently one of the only guns Sig doesn’t dick around with QA/QC wise. The SP2022 has a large government contract thus they don’t cut corners on them as much as their other guns. It doesn’t have a lot of aftermarket as the classic P-Series but it’s still a good gun.

If you do go through with getting a Sig, would recommend checking out Chris Baker from Lucky Gunner’s Youtube channel for learning how to shoot DA/SA along with Ernest Langdon’s stuff as well. Both of their videos was incredibly helpful with teaching me how to shoot double action. For holsters, JM Custom Kydex (the green one in a couple posts up) and Dark Star Gear make excellent holsters for Sigs. Dark Star Gear recently came out with their version which afaik can fit a P229.

Attached: E6B5CB2D-49BA-455D-AD73-291BFDE818DD.jpg (1125x1298, 276K)

>So the 228/229 legion is worth the extra money over a trade in but the regular 228/229 like in pic related isn't?

Ideally, I would buy an LEO trade in, use that money on ammo, a good holster, some decent sights like some Ameriglos if my budget was $1,000. You can do work with a stock Sig provided you have the skill so either get an LE trade in or just go for the Legion. Have you considered the P226 at all or do you want the P228/229 specifically?

if you get a new "P228" It's literally just a P229 sans rail with a P228 logo slapped on the side. The new P228 isn't even called a P228. It's just P229 M11a1 model.
And yes, if you're going to spend the cash on a new model then the Legion upgrade is worth the $300 price increase imo. The trigger, grips, and especially sights alone are well worth it and would cost more to upgrade by yourself. Go into a store and handle both. The reset on the Legion is non existant

>The trigger, grips, and especially sights alone are well worth it and would cost more to upgrade by yourself.

The main selling point for the Legion guns is the undercut trigger guard. Lets your hands get a bit higher on the gun

I already have a massive stockpile of 9mm and I'm not new to handguns. Otherwise solid advice. Yeah I don't own a compact handgun and da/sa appeals to me more for cc than say a Glock 19 does. If I didn't already own two full size pistols then I'd just get a leo trade in 226 and delete this thread. Thanks for being so helpful.
Yeah I like the cleaner angles on the pseudo p228/ p229 m11a1 over the p229 with rails. Not gunna be putting a flashlight on a pistol of this size anyway. I'll consider the legion though. Night sights, a neato beavertail, and trigger guard cut are cool selling points.

>he doesn't know
SP2022 looks legit. anyone know how one would compare to a MK25?

Seconded. These things look to cool and aredirt cheap as police trade ins. Weird how they seemingly have no attention from the civ market.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-17-00-32-48.png (720x1280, 319K)

>used
>all that dead skin on the grip
Fucking yikes.

>Yeah I don't own a compact handgun and da/sa appeals to me more for cc than say a Glock 19 does.

Have you considered the PX4 Compact Carry as a DA/SA alternative? It’s a stupid good fucking gun. Chris Baker has a video review on it on Youtube

>Fucking yikes.

That’s my dried sweat. The gun came with some broken ass Hogue grips I replaced. The best part of owning a gun is that I can do whatever I want with it. Such as letting sweat stay on it or cumming on the mainspring then putting the grips back on.

I'd prefer an all metal sig but that price is hard to argue with

Post guns and gf before saying yikes to people on an anonymous Mediterranean white water rafting forum

Attached: IMG950224.jpg (1440x1920, 516K)

Hit a nerve, did I?
Also, you need to post guns before asking anyone else to, newfag.

oof

Rust I guess was an issue, like 10 years ago, but I haven't seen any new pics. In fact I've only ever seen 2 rusty sig pics; one is a P226 that obviously went through a fire and subsequent dousing and only the hammer spring rusted, and the other is a 226 Legion which has speckled surface rust for some reason. The latter is bad, but I haven't seen a second example of that happening so I chalk it up to a lemon.

The india shit is literally nothing. Challenge anyone who says hurr india to provide evidence that indian parts break at a higher rate and they go into conniption fits because there is none. It's hilarious to watch the floundering.

newayz that's too flipping expensive OP:
Blue $850
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/M11-A1-NBF
Green $870
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/798681544271
Black $800
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/M11-A1
229 railed $806
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/E29R-9-BSS

Or you can find used P228s, P229s or M11s for significantly less than that.

Enjoy your most excellent meme machine.

Attached: sig master race.jpg (2000x1333, 1.77M)

The sweaty grips dude was giving me some really helpful info and then you come out of nowhere and make passive aggressive comments about his gun grips? I didn't know there were actual women on this board.

Based patrician taste tripfag. Thanks Burt.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-26-10-31-14.png (720x1280, 717K)

You think that’s bad, I want a P220. That big honkin 45 looks like it’s fun to shoot if you have a bunch of mags.

Welcome to Jow Forums. I hope you come to enjoy it over normiebook where you’ve very clearly come from. Faggot.

Hey become a tripfag and make ur name sweaty grips.

Tripfagging isn’t my thing.
>some more sweaty grip

Attached: 37882924-337F-40EB-8789-1B3677EE371E.jpg (1536x2174, 695K)

You bet

A toothbrush under water will take that right out btw!

I had to clean the pigskin off the copsurp USP40 I got. Gross.

Attached: IMG_3303.jpg (1900x1267, 671K)

I don’t use or carry my Sigs too often, it’s all the way down there in my list of priorities desu. Have more important stuff to do like dryfire, shitpost and stimulate my prostate with an ak cleaning rod.

>dryfire
yes.
>shitpost
YES.
>stimulate my prostate with an ak cleaning rod
YEEEESSS.

Attached: heart helper.jpg (2400x1600, 1.05M)

is that bleu cheese?

Hecc yeah it is.

Attached: extra heart help.jpg (2400x1600, 1.28M)

Any suggestions?

Get an HK, same price, better guns

I say go for it. I have a 229R and love it. I've only had one FTF issue and it's because I was using a 226 20 round mag and it was the 18th round. A short trigger action reset and a solid stainless steel guide rod transformed it from being an ok shooter to something that almost aims and centers itself and is a pure joy to shoot. Don't let other people scare you about the long extractor either. I'm not saying there were never any problems with them, but I've never experienced any with mine.
There's also the least talked about option, the fat assed 229 chambered in .45 that people overlook called the 227 SAS. I have both, the dimensional footprint in not an exact match, but it's close enough that I can use my Galco holster for both. My next purchase is going to be the M11-A1 Army Talo, because Sigs are solid guns and that green appeals to me.