NFA question

What part of a bullpup constitutes the "stock"? Would an L85, for instance, technically have one at all since the receiver just goes all the way to the back? And thus, would a short-barreled (semiauto) one like Pic Related be legally a pistol and thus not need a stamp?
What about other designs, like bullpup AKs?

Attached: L85.jpg (800x545, 44K)

The shoulder pad is the stock. This bulpup would have to be made as 'a pistol' and the pad would have to be essentially a cap of sorts, nothing resembling what would be shouldered

The stock does, hence the bushmaster pistol. You might have to remove the pad to be less obviously intended for shouldering, but otherwise it ought to comply. I think the biggest reason theres are single figures of L85s in the US is because they were both never an export item and kind of infamously shit for the majority of its life cycle.

Okay, so you can make one without the pad and just shoulder the receiver directly. Or attach something else to work as a recoil pad.

But what if the shoulder pad is an integral part of the receiver itself though

Attached: Bushmaster-Arm-Pistol-1.jpg (650x371, 27K)

>infamously shit for the majority of its life cycle.
Except it isn’t and that was only when it entered service for the first decade, after we bought HK they were actually good and reliable.

I didn't say it was shit, I said it was infamously shit for the majority of it life cycle, which is indisputable. 1985 to 2004, it was breaking charging handles, dropping mags and dissolving furniture when deet was applied. Thats the majority of its its 34 year service life. Christ, this prissy national pride compulsion shit is exactly how you ended up with that junk in the first place. I was simply pointing out that this international reputation would have strongly contributed to a general lack of interest in the rifle, had it ever been available for import in numbers greater than the few that made it here.

>And thus, would a short-barreled (semiauto) one like Pic Related be legally a pistol and thus not need a stamp?

The L22 (L85 Carbine for vehicle crews) is semi or full auto.

i'd use the same terms as i would for a wooden rifle.

The only area that can be called a stock is the padding for your shoulder. everything else is the body.

>only for the first decade

SEETHING

CBRPS used to make a bullpup stock for the Draco that had an opinion letter stating NFA compliance. They don't make it anymore apparently.

Attached: Draco_w_drum_left.jpg (554x266, 21K)

>Christ, this prissy national pride compulsion shit is exactly how you ended up with that junk in the first place
M14

Shortest service life of any US used rifle vs. some hunk of shit you tried to get ze Germans to fix and even they couldn’t work out the kinks so you kept using it, hoping it would get better but it didn’t

>but it didn’t

Attached: 1509564732993.png (630x945, 933K)

M14 wasn't shit though. Apples and oranges

Classic Britcuck state of mind, soldier on and eat that shit sandwich, no, we know there’s better options available but it’s OUR shit that WE made and some how it’s Britishness will shine through how fucking awful and cludgy it is

Attached: 1548935579562.png (645x729, 58K)

We bought HK to rework the rifles earlier than that, and don't talk to me about nationalism, assuming you're American you're probably no better.

>spotting a fallacy and giving corrections is seething
great logic my man, what's your iq?

>even the germans couldn't fix it
Why are you delusional?