China unveils armoured truck which launches swarms of killer drones

>The mighty YJ2080 is equipped with 12 launch tubes - four for reconnaissance drones and the other eight for explosive laden drones which can travel at 110mph.

>Its mission will be to eliminate targets beyond traditional line of sight and kill from above with four pound bombs.

>The truck's deadly drone system can search for and destroy its own targets, reports Popular Mechanics.

>Earlier this year, China revealed a lethal fully autonomous drones that can carry out targeted military strikes

>The killer drones and pilotless aircraft are fitted with AK-47 rifles and are already being exported to combat zones in the Middle East.

>US national security think tank Center for a New American Security (CNAS) said in a report that Chinese officials see this AI ‘arms race’ as a threat to global peace.
thesun.co.uk/news/9098437/china-armoured-truck-drones/
popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a27496170/chinese-vehicle-drones/

Attached: FB_drone_swarm_640_360_c1_c_c.jpg (640x360, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-drone-ships-unmanned-test-video-military-south-sea-shark-swarm-a8387626.html
youtube.com/watch?v=RES3ZdCs6n4
youtube.com/watch?v=qIYZiTqenJs
youtube.com/watch?v=zhKixW5PHbw
youtube.com/watch?v=YjFvYqJwaFA
youtube.com/watch?v=zzzOH5fBAqw
thesun.co.uk
popularmechanics.com
youtube.com/watch?v=OHZIUdHm6b4
youtube.com/watch?v=XF8h3hOGBJM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

aw...fuck

Attached: 1557862514584.gif (320x184, 1.69M)

Well Jow Forums Jow Forums. Are you ready to step up and make this a REAL WEAPONS BOARD. Id say you're in great position to start sharung computer weapon ideas and collaboration builds. Thoughts?

Attached: download (16).jpg (474x338, 14K)

wait, is china actually buying into those russian collage student CGI videos on youtube about fruit truck drones?

drone with grenade inside.

Look up the ted talk on weapon drones...

Hmmm. Yeah but guidance system. I am thinking swarm drones with 177 hmr caliber machine guns.. And mini missiles ...not just self destructirs. All need guidance systems.. Thoughts?

For those, I'm thinking 4 buck...

Attached: Its+nice+to+see+that+vinny+kept+working+after+discovering+_7d9e5638e08bb1e36b2950f85cd4f827.jpg (648x576, 90K)

>110mph
No. I race drones. 100mph is hard to do in a drone. It takes a good racing drone with zero payload, high kv inefficient motors, high pitch inefficient props, and a battery with only 2 minutes of flight time to break 100mph. If you want any sort of endurance beyond 2 minutes, distance, or payload of any sort then you aren't breaking 100mph.

Even if this drone propaganda was ever real, how many reminders do you faggots need that a few rice farmers with double barrels could take on a hundred drones?

They could use those drones with alternative engines, I guess. But at that point it's just a guided missile except the chemical propellant's been swapped out for a ramjet or some shit.

>generic equipment that's been around for years is "unrealistic" "overpowered" "propaganda"

ok sweetie. Switchblade, Warmate, Alpagu [sic], Harop, Hero, Harpy, etc are all fake. Propellers and datalinks are a global conspiracy.

Attached: 1537368968539.jpg (640x458, 19K)

Im the drone racing fag again
In my opinion a fixed wing miniature plane makes much more sense as a drone grenade delivery. Quadcopters have abysmal efficiency compared to fixed wing. The only advantages multirotors have on fixed wing is the ability to hover and maneuverability. A fixed wing can carry more weight faster and farther using less energy.

China even has swarms of drone ships
>Oceanalpha confirmed the drones are designed to overwhelm enemies during sea battles.

>“Once equipped with weapons, unmanned small combat vessels can attack the enemy in large numbers, similar to drones,” Li Jie, a Beijing-based naval expert, told the Global Times.

>“A mothership will control the swarm in combat, making them easy to deploy.”

>Zhang Yunfei, founder and chairman of Oceanalpha, said in a statement that his company had performed the largest-ever demonstration of unmanned vessels at sea.

independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-drone-ships-unmanned-test-video-military-south-sea-shark-swarm-a8387626.html

China Strong, America BTFO once more

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Don't forget Battlehawk and LMAMS.

Show me evidence of a quadcopter carrying a payload at over 100mph for any useful distance.

CIWS flak then?

Glad the bugs are catching up
Wish we could have an autoban filter for insect threads

Attached: 18B0465D-AE1E-4F14-8F7E-1899F31FCD28.jpg (640x583, 57K)

None of these are quadcopters. You'll be pleased to learn that Chang's 4x4 drone truck isn't either. It's a tube with flip out wings. So is the recon version, although the chinks do have a4x4 with a heavy quadcopter rack.

You'd know this if you stopped taking CGI in "popular mechanics" and "the sun" seriously and looked at a photo of the drones in question.

Attached: 1541781074450.jpg (1024x768, 157K)

I'll believe it when I'll see it surviving the usual environment issues
>rain
>sand
>underground
>grunt handling

it that it behind the CGI of the launcher?

Switchblade has been getting 5 star ratings in in Afghanistan for nearly a decade.

That makes sense based on what I said here
Using quadcopters would be retarded.

>being so late to the drone bandwagon
>even turks did it before you

Attached: D05060C1-70F7-44B9-821E-2C2086147E20.jpg (583x807, 93K)

Man portable version when?

So basically just really fucking slow flying guided missiles...

What nation do you want to buy from?

roaches:
>youtube.com/watch?v=RES3ZdCs6n4
burgers:
>youtube.com/watch?v=qIYZiTqenJs
>youtube.com/watch?v=zhKixW5PHbw
jews:
>youtube.com/watch?v=YjFvYqJwaFA
poles:
>youtube.com/watch?v=zzzOH5fBAqw

wait these are just like those jew hobby lobby planes

man this thread got my hyped for nothing.

yes. they're for filling the gustav/sniper/mortar roles - killing a couple dudes or a crewserve at ranges too far for a regular GPMG.

>quad copters
>turks and poleacks best you to it

Attached: 3478172B-B560-40EE-8DA1-0375F4876F78.png (460x555, 5K)

Wouldn't it a be a great cheap option to outfit commercial drones to drop a simple payload of a few frag grenades?

The US military has been flying drones for YEARS that fly much faster than 100mph that carry Hellfire missiles. You're some ignorant little kid talking about toys.

You stupid fuck they're not electric motor pieces of plastic.

>China unveils armoured truck which launches swarms of killer drones
... and US reveals a bus which releases swarms of nation-killing migrants

sasuga, Kojima-san

Attached: deathstranding.png (639x359, 200K)

>Switchblade spam greets their more expensive counterparts.
>Insert Pickachu meme for Chinese reaction.

What happened to the Russian micro missile program?

Attached: 19e3bfd3f02a8bef03b1a2dadabe3d2b946d82f63f3e7ac2bbc4776a52682431.jpg (4592x3056, 2.51M)

>thesun.co.uk
>popularmechanics.com
Imagine if this board had mods instead of MAGA shitposters with higher privileges

Those are perfectly good sources you faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=OHZIUdHm6b4

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 26K)

>flak makes a comeback
>shotgun ADS for infantry
holy fuck I can't wait

Here's a protip. The "brand new military technology" countries unveil is usually at least a couple years old. China developed this back in 2015 or something, American intelligence agencies found out, developed a countermeasure, and then China developed something new to counter that countermeasure. No military is going to show off its latest technology to the world to see and prepare for.

Flextrek 3700000000 whipsnake!

got canceled so they could fix their carrier

And those aren't small enough to stack into multiple tubes and load on a vehicle

Bird shot can kill a swarm of chink communism right? right!?! RIGHT!?!?!?!

>Government run propaganda website
Ok buggy

>jam wifi channels 1-14 with "TIENANMEN SQUARE 1989" SSID networks at several hundred kilowatts TX power
>spark gap any other proprietary bands they might be using

Attached: baldpepes.jpg (470x595, 91K)

youtube.com/watch?v=XF8h3hOGBJM

>send drones loaded with explosives out to seek and destroy enemy
All well and good until some drones dont detonate and run out of battery. Then you've essentially amazon prime'd high explosives to your enemy for use against you.