I'm a noob and plan on buying my first gun soon. Talk me into buying a revolver

Attached: 41wOSPQKR8L.jpg (401x500, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10
thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=EFYn5KChBvo
youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8
gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4
youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E
youtube.com/watch?v=gEHNZFTfSD8
youtube.com/watch?v=BaiGSDiaI_w
youtube.com/watch?v=CEHtRkyTe-0
bkgrips.com/?page_id=12
t-grips.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=oZaxay1eXks
grabagun.com/ruger-gp100-match-champion-stainless-357mag-adjustable-rear-sight-6rd.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Buy a .357 lever action

You don't need to buy magazines to have the gun work. With a .357 Magnum, you can shoot both .357 Magnum and .38 Special, meaning you have a cheap shooting ammo and a powerful hunting and defense ammo. You can cock a revolver to make your shots more accurate. With a snub nose (Not recommended) you can shoot it in your pocket. Case retention and counting shots is easier. Revolvers are easier to clean, revolvers don't have thick grips if you don't want them to.

go buy a revolver u cunt

Get something in 357 magnum with a 3 to 5 inch barrel. 4 is a good middle ground. 3 if you intend to CCW.

There's almost no practical reason to own a revolver besides the fact that they're cool and I think DAO revolvers have some of the nicest and safest triggers you can find.

teaches you excellent trigger control and discipline. You can shoot light recoil in 38 special OR a heavy magnum load in 357.

Reloading is extremely easy and cost efficient for this caliber. Teaches you a lot about basics for one gun. Depending on the revolver you get you can shoot out to quite the distance. If you get one with inter changeable barrels that is. Have option to mount optics. many different grips aftermarket sights and parts available.

After shooting some 357 or 44 magnum hot loads any other handgun caliber will be easy unless its a 50AE or 45-70.

Overall nice to conceal, accurate, fun, and option for power factor as it can shoot two different calibers on a multiple variety of other calibers aside from 357. for example 44 magnum can shoot 44 special, 454/45 long colt
45 colt/45acp and 460 rowland can shoot 45 as well I believe.

Teaches you a lot about maintenance as well.

Do it.

I’ve been shooting handguns in competition for years and I always go back to 38/357 revolvers. They were more or less my first everyday shooter gun and I learned reloading on the 38/357. I have won a bunch of shooting matches because of the inherent accuracy of the platform. Single action slow fire with a big heavy fixed barrel gun.

I just splurged and bought a 38 hollow base wadcutter mold last night. I also just got a Lyman lubrisizer. I have a shooting league this summer coming up and I think I’ll be using the S&W Model 28 that I got this past winter instead of the 686 I usually use. I am usually the only guy shooting a wheel gun but I clean house almost every time. A lot of people fail to understand how well these guns can shoot.

Attached: B3122166-2757-4744-A7F1-7240A7F6A9C1.jpg (1344x1024, 94K)

.357 is great. And the ammo (.38 special) is the cheapest if you're buying off the shelf. And there are now 8 shot revolvers out there. Loading the cylinder is less annoying than loading mags and mastering a double action revolver trigger will benefit you for all other handgun shooting.

If I had to do it again, I would be very torn between an 8 round .357 and the Ruger Redhawk in .45 Colt/.45 ACP. .357 is adequate and punches hard out of a matching lever action. A hot .45 Colt though? That's damn tempting. But it will cost more per bang.

Biggest thing: Handle a bunch of fucking revolvers before buying. If you find one that fits and points naturally that's the one you should get. You can make anything work but if it's a natural fit it'll be easier.

I cant speak highly enough about gp100s being first guns.

Buy a 9mm glock, then a 10mm glock

If you get a revolver, get a 8 shot 357 or 7 shot .44 Smith and wesson

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10

thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/

youtube.com/watch?v=EFYn5KChBvo

youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8

gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4

www.thesixgunjournal.net/a-revolver-buyers-checklist/

youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E

youtube.com/watch?v=gEHNZFTfSD8

youtube.com/watch?v=BaiGSDiaI_w

Attached: 1556918806293.jpg (1287x994, 596K)

Attached: Smith-and-Wesson-38-MandP-inch-Pre-Model-10.jpg (2543x1352, 367K)

Attached: 9.jpg (1280x960, 336K)

Thank you for your dillegent work model 10 poster

Side note just picked up pick related in an auction- any idea where i can get vintage wood grips for it? I have smol hands and really dislike the pachmayer rubber grips on it

Attached: 20190518_142124.jpg (4032x2268, 2.86M)

Know the model 10. Know god. No model 10. No god.

Attached: 15b5b4c8ecdba7464cf08ed1c7c06bc7.jpg (983x1024, 192K)

gunbroker or ebay for vintage. Altamont or gungrip.com for repros. If you're gonna rock service grips get a grip adapter to go along with it.

bkgrips.com/?page_id=12

Attached: Model 10.jpg (1024x647, 178K)

>grip adapter

or Tyler if you want to match your finish but they run their business like it's the 1990s.

t-grips.com/

Dont think i need a grip adaptor its a model 66 not a model 10- but thank you

I cant, a good .357 mag is truly the best gun

No one thinks they need one until they feel one. It's hand sex.

Noted

based and model 10 pilled

You wernt kidding

Attached: Screenshot_20190520-095006.png (1080x1920, 175K)

Buy a .22lr first, practice and then buy something of a bigger caliber.

I'm glad I prefer blued guns because bk grips ships fast as shit on in-stock items.

damn thats some web 1.0 shit right there

Get a S&W model 10. They're very common and loads of variations exist, so plenty of choices.

Model 10 is second to only the murder Jow Forumsube

is that hosted on angelfire?

The best reason to buy something is because you like it (within reason and financial means, of course).
If you don't like mag-fed pistols, you're not going to shoot or carry it. By getting what you want, you'll actually use it.

Based model 10 poster

Do it OP. Revolvers are tons of fun. A .357/9mm Blackhawk would be a great first handgun to learn the basics on. You can find em pretty cheap, too.

Attached: IMG_20190213_131406.jpg (4032x3024, 3.88M)

Are revolvers good for new gun owners?

If you can master the DA trigger everything else will seem easy so yeah I think they're perfect for new shooters. They also have a really simple manual of arms.

youtube.com/watch?v=oZaxay1eXks

Attached: More%20Mod%2010s%20%282%29.jpg (640x480, 109K)

it's also really cool that you do a cylinder slow fire single action, then a cylinder slow fire double action and know exactly how much error you're putting into it.

Also with a 15rd+mag new shooters tend to want to rush. Having only 5 or 6 shots slows you down and let's you focus better on your fundamentals. SI see the same phenomenon with single shot or bolt rifles vs semi auto.

Oh and dry fire practice is better because there's no slide to rack between each press of the trigger. You just load the cylinder up with snap caps and have at it.

3" LCRx would make a great first gun.

Attached: LCRx.jpg (1024x768, 116K)

Revolvers are a lot of fun, get a Medium/Large frame .357 for maximum fun and versatility.

>Barrel between 3in-5in is the best balance of accuracy, portability, and handling.
>Brand: Don't be a big brain: new Rugers or Old Smiths. Korth, Manhurin, or Old Colt if you really hate money. Save the Mateba's and Rhino's for a later purchase.
>Models: GP100/Match Champion, 586/686, Model 27 or 28 will be your best bet here.

lurk more and do your own research noguns

Attached: 1521124231876.jpg (1000x559, 54K)

you can cock a revolver to make squeezing the trigger easier, meaning you wont have to pull it as far, which usually leads to an increase in accuracy*

Revolvers are big dick energy

Attached: Ruger.jpg (3264x2448, 1.08M)

Christ that's fucking ugly.

Yeah but it's light, has a great trigger out of the box and has an easily replaceable front sight so you can get dat fiber optic action.

But why buy that hideous abomination when you could get a GP100 or SP101, which are actually worth owning?

Get it pussy
BIG IRON
I
G
I
R
O
N

Attached: 58409122_615145378897355_5971781931989654598_n.jpg (1080x1080, 314K)

3" LCRx is comfy as fuck to shoot and carry especially as a light trail gun for innawoods. GP100 is a boat anchor and SP101 costs more and has a shittier trigger out of the box.

Why are revolvers so expensive

>SP101 costs more
It's only $200 more. Just mow a few more lawns. And I disagree about the trigger.

Niche product in current year. Only exception would be lightweight snubs for pocket carry they still sell breddy good.

>it's only 50% more expensive
lol
>I disagree about the trigger.
GP100 and SP101 trigger both clean up real nice with shims and some polishing but the LCRx is gtg right out of the box. That camming trigger is a good design.

Revolvers are old and stupid

.38 Special is anemic, and .357 is unnecessary with modern 9mm

Because making guns entirely out of stainless steel is expensive

Notice how S&W's cheapest revolvers ($400 or less) are the aluminum-framed J Frames

Attached: revolverfagsbelike.jpg (500x587, 86K)

.38 Special and 9mm are roughly equivalent kiddo

It also helps that their LW pocket snubs are their best sellers. After Ruger fucked them by releasing the LCR they came out with that new cheap ass bodyguard which was designed to be as cheap to manufacture as possible.

From a terminal ballistics standpoint yeah but energy wise 9mm is much more efficient from short barrels than 38spl. That's the benefit of the 9mm being designed as a smokeless round while the 38spl began life as a black powder round.

And the non-CT laser version is cheaper than an LCR; Ruger designed the LCR in part to be cheap to manufacture, and yet I still see LCRs more expensive than Smiths

Smith is still the #1 pocket snub by a wide margin. Ruger took a bite out of their business but they're no where near the same numbers sold. The only thing the LCR has over the J frame is the easily interchangeable front sight.

Attached: Chiappa_Rhinos_-_200DS_and_40DS_(42398401015).jpg (1000x667, 311K)

>first gun
Glock 19. Get a G19, then get whatever you want afterwards. Do not deviate from this, you will never get rid of your first gun.

Buy a Chiappa Rhino

Attached: 7-g340219_1.jpg (575x575, 24K)

Recently got one in .22lr. By far my favorite handgun to shoot

Lol. Ive only seen the lever action version.

>you will never get rid of your first gun.
good reason to avoid a glock 19 then

Y'know I am kinda tempted by them. I think it'd be fun in a .44mag, .45 colt, or .454 casul.

There's a number of good posts in this thread already, but some things to consider.
>357/38 frames are best value, useful cartridge/cheap to shoot/ton of options
>Ruger has a lifetime warranty and if you shoot 44 and above they are known for stronger frames, though apparently S&W has closed this gap
>Cheap revolvers are plentiful and easy to find, be sure to do research and examine them for defects
>Common Revolver Problems
>>Loose/crooked ejector rod (causes cylinder lock ups)
>>Dirty/uncleaned cylinders (causes loading issues if enough carbon has formed a blockage)
>>Revolver out of timing (bad bad news, avoid unless you are willing to read a manual and do some work)
>>Forcing cone problems
>>Know the difference between fixed firing pin/modern designs, it's important

Your doing Gods work user. Bless be thy who owns a model 10

Whatever you do, don't buy a Taurus.

Attached: EEBF5FB4-C60F-4A29-A388-BB7F3221C03F.jpg (4032x3024, 2.61M)

I agree with recommendation. If you're a noob and this is first gun... get a .357 and start out shooting 38 specials out of it

Go with a Smith and Wesson. Get a 4-6 inch barrel.It will last until your great grandkids are shooting it

This

Better to start out with an inexpensive model 10 to see if he even likes shooting. If he needs to handgun hunt bear or other large game he can then get a gun in a caliber that starts with a 4. If he wants to CC he can get a 9mm. 357 is irrelevant in current year. There's nothing it does that some other round doesn't do better.

Dont buy a revolver unless youre prepared to put 100 hours range time in to get as proficent as you would in 30 hours with any striker fired pistol. The revolver is an experts weapon that requires very good fundamentals when it comes to actually getting an accurate shot off

what the fuck are you talking about

There is nothing scary or expert about a revolver, they are simple and dependable, accurate, and easy to use. Shoot it single action for easy mode. When you're ready for a challenge go to double action. It's not any more difficult than DA/SA or SAO or Striker.

No one ever said there aren't other calibers that do other jobs better. But .357 is a quintessential jack of all trades and you can use 38 special for girls or if OP is a girly man. It's definitely not irrelevant.

Seriously every American should own at least one .357 wheelgun

You do love freedom, don't you, faggot?

>38 special for girls or if OP is a girly man

Attached: 1555640207494.jpg (730x418, 181K)

In the vast majority of self-defense encounters, only a couple of shots are fired. You don't need a Glock with 9 gorillion rounds to defend yourself. Buy a revolver.

>source: Google average rounds fired in self defense shooting you lazy fuck

Fuck off Luke

357 Mag is overrated, and most revolverfags don't carry it, certainly not in the average snub

Buy a man's gun don't be a pussy

Its a bit odd but I can vouch for this website, I think they are the only guys that make the adapters in metal. The bronze one is beautiful

Attached: tgrips.jpg (1917x2556, 1M)

aye dude if I lived in bear country I would consider having at least one snub nose .357 as an option. I dont know how often id carry it but id at least own one.

GP100 OP, you won't regret it. Ever.

Came to post this too. Excellent wheel gun

Ive been thinking about getting a match edition but im hoping I can get my hands on a security six instead. I love the look of them.

I saw that one first too but I think this revolver one is the original, the text was edited in on the AR picture

Got rid of my first gun (which was a g19) for an M&P.

I have the match champion in .357 and I love it.

You can get it a couple hundred bucks below MSRP here, this is where I got mine grabagun.com/ruger-gp100-match-champion-stainless-357mag-adjustable-rear-sight-6rd.html

See this is why 357 fags are looked on as retarded in current year.

>If I lived in bear country I'd have a 357 just in case

If you're gonna buy a handgun purpose built for bear defense it shouldn't be a 357.

Attached: Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan.jpg (3000x1651, 330K)

Your assuming this snub nose was bought for the sole purpose of bear defense. That's not what I meant to imply. Of course a snub nose .357 wouldn't be my primary choice.

I double-dog dare you to buy one OP. Do it (you wont)

>Your assuming this snub nose was bought for the sole purpose of bear defense.

That's how the post was worded...
>if I lived in bear country I would consider having at least one snub nose .357 as an option. I dont know how often id carry it but id at least own one.

And a snub 357 would be shit for bear anyway. I mean it's still a gun but you're gimping yourself on penetration of bone and thick hide/muscle with the short barrel. The snub 454 has more energy than a 4" .44mag.

My bad. I meant to say that since I live in a dense neighborhood with no wildlife I don't even think about .357 but I've heard that you can kill smaller species of bears with .357 but I'm a city slicker

Legal Everywhere,available at pretty much every walmart that sells guns,cheap ammo,has a picatinny rail,sharpshooter grip,lanyard loop,single action 6 shooter. Perfect choice for a first firearm

Attached: nerf.jpg (500x500, 41K)

based

You're fucking retarded. Unless you're talking double action only snubs, then you need hundreds of hours, kek.

>not wanting a reloadable flashbang.

Attached: 1557594528129.jpg (768x960, 82K)

Why don't goth chicks ever look like that IRL?
All the ones I see are fat.