Triggers

if you pull a trigger and it fires the weapon, the trigger is fine. if you buy an aftermarket trigger, you're a dangerous idiot being swindled out of your money. the literal designer of the gun knows better than you.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

I don't pretend to know more than the designer of the gun, but I trust a designer of only triggers more than a designer of guns.

That still doesn't mean it isn't shit.

>the literal designer of the gun knows better than you.
Seems like other designers know better then, since there's multiple striker-fired, polymer-framed handguns on the market with better triggers out of the box than Glock.

The designer of the gun may know better than me, but he also has radically different constraints than I do. I'm willing to spend more money than his managers were.

>but I trust a designer of only triggers more than a designer of guns.
Absolutely this.

By this retarded logic, any aftermarket parts are dangerous and poorly designed. Stoner didn't conceive free floating rails, they're all shit and dangerous now.

Gun creators tend to make triggers justasgood.jpg to get the price point down unless it's specifically intended to have a good trigger out of the box. How do you not understand this?

I don't fuck the the pull weight but I did change my glock 22 trigger to a flat faced. Again, it doesn't effect the weight, it just makes it more comfortable for me to shoot. It is my daily carry and I keep a round in the chamber (obviously) so I dont fuck with the internals or make it a hair trigger....fuck that shit

Oh cool another shitty bait thread. This whole fucking board is trash now.

Glocks are carry guns. But if all you do with yours is target practice why should you feel obliged to keep the original trigger if you can get a lighter one that suits better your needs ??

>By this retarded logic, any aftermarket parts are dangerous and poorly designed. Stoner didn't conceive free floating rails, they're all shit and dangerous now.

doesn't take a high iq individual to realize that something your hand holds vs something that regulates the discharge of a round might have differing degrees of consequence in the event of failure

Attached: 1557550556242.jpg (1400x934, 809K)

The trigger on several of my Ruger 10/22's is factory set at 7 lbs. This is due to their lawyers and NOT design. (Fuck, I even have one that I bought during the panic shortage after Sandy Hook with an 8.5 lb factory trigger.)

Ruger knows the factory trigger is shit which is why they sell their own aftermarket drop in trigger assembly (Ruger BX Trigger) which drops the pull down to 2.5 lbs. Another part everyone knows is just to make the lawyers happy is the bolt release which is why there are several companies that manufacture aftermakret plates without that little prong in them or you can just Dremel it out yourself using guides online.

A better question to ask is why would you buy a glock if your goal is target shooting? If you want to punch paper then buy a target pistol instead.

so you're trying to say that OP phrased his question poorly?

>put an upper brand aftermarket trigger in rem700
>trigger is now lighter and more safe than factory trigger
bet you feel like a big fag now

Because they're cheap, accurate, reliable, can eat any ammo, are easy to customise, have spare parts easily available... ?

Those are all good things, but they're also all secondary to the goal of target shooting.

>accurate
Not compared to a proper target pistol, they're not.

>eat any ammo
Irrelevant, target shooters tend to stick with one brand of match ammo.

I'm no glock hater, I own a few. It just seems fucking stupid to buy one if your goal is entirely target shooting. If you want one for carry and you also take it to the range for training that's one thing, but if its primary job is punching paper they seem like a poor choice.

Yeah, and if you ever put anything other than the factory tires on your car your just a dangerous racer boy wanna be. It's not like these massive companies take cost efficiency into account or anything.

Oh my god, this is the same retarded argument you hear from retards avout modifying cars. There is actual reason to change specific parts from OEM spec because there are superior aftermarket solutions. You're a fucking retard.

The argument was that triggers are unsafe because they're not directly created by the original manufacturer. You do realize that free-floating handguards require changing the barrel nut to a non-milspec version, right? A shitty trigger can potentially cause a negligent discharge, a shitty barrel nut can cause a grenade. So you're right, there are differing degrees of consequences here.

Also, as Reminton 700s are a prime example of how the manufacturer doesn't always know best, especially with triggers.

I hate Glocks, but one can buy and use whatever they desire. This includes modifications.

i kind of agree with this.

a friend of mine is retarded and thinks he needs to replace the trigger on any semi auto he buys. his ar's and glocks are just terrible, sure it breaks like glass but its like 2.5lbs and way to easy.

he had "trigger work" done on ones of his revolvers and now it light strikes like 10% of the time but he says its worth it

Each type of trigger is purpose-driven. Most aftermarket triggers for glocks and such have 3-gunners in mind and lots of retards want to be John Wick so they buy them. I personally prefer the milspec AR trigger over a lot of the $200+ ones. I want to control exactly when that thing is going to go bang and not worry about a light twitch causing ND. That being said, there are options out there for everyone if you look hard enough, I really like the ALG triggers for both ARs and AKs, but tend to stick with the factory trigger on my handguns.

>And then there was the SW D9VE STD

Yeah.

can confirm

Attached: baitammo.jpg (300x200, 8K)

>sure it breaks like glass but its like 2.5lbs and way to easy.
Training issue. It was weird switching to a SSA-E from Milspec standard but after a few hundred rounds you get used to it.

My Glock 20 has a Fulcrum Trigger Kit and my Glock 29 has a Diamond 3 1/2 lb connector. What a bunch of noguns faggots.

Attached: DSCF0440.jpg (1600x1200, 604K)

No, the stock triggers on the S&W M&P line of handguns are spongy dog shit with too much over travel and a false break, and this is AFTER they supposedly fixed them. Apex trigger or bust on those.

You are a fucking retard

>tires are the same as triggers
i dont risk literally shooting myself in the foot if i switch my car's tires to something not factory spec

Yeah, you just risk it popping at the worst possible time, losing control, and spinning out into a ditch before catching on fire and burning to death.