>this kills the Jow Forumsommando

What would Jow Forums do in this situation?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7y54z0Z4F4U

Attached: images(59).jpg (275x183, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dfw.state.or.us/wildlife/living_with/cougars.asp
youtube.com/watch?v=V8pfqGYnQbE
youtu.be/Bkwy0scRXBU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Would you even risk pulling your sidearm out? What If you were caught like this man, with no defense?

Caught staring at a cougar staring back at me?
Pull my gun, stare it down, and wait and see what it does.
Cougars prefer to stalk and mentally fuck with humans, rather than actually attack them, but if you fucking run like an autist and make yourself look interesting they are more than happy to play "chase" which can easily escalate into "pounce and maim"

In any case they are a protected species, and legally speaking you don't want to risk getting in trouble unless it tries to go for you first.

And yell at it to fuck off, forgot that part. They don't like loud noise.

Fuck that I'm putting a bullet in that fucker's skull. No one's gonna know or care if there's a giant dead cat laying around.

trust me, people will.

Is it female? He has some ropes?
Please answer OP!

Attached: 1556351004093.jpg (889x750, 121K)

Cougars will claim large amounts of territory for miles and miles around as their own, and generally play hide and scare with any locals in or near that area for funsies.

Unless you are multiple miles deep into a section of wilderness where almost no one ever goes, People WILL know. Whether they care or not is debatable. Many folks will indeed be happy if the cougar was a fucking asshole.

Just charge it while yelling.
Pretty much every predatory animal will fuck right off the second you show any sort of aggression unless they're protecting their young, and if they are they won't just quietly stand there and watch you.

I would do exactly what the guy did in the video and yell at it, and then the cougar would do exactly what it did in the video and turn around to leave. Most big cats withdraw when they realize that their cover is blown, they want an easy meal not a fight. You can draw your gun if you want but you probably won't need it.

First things first I wouldn’t go on any territory like that without being armed with something. If I find one of those fuckers trailing me then stare it back down and basically try to make myself look as big and menacing as possible, running away is only going to encourage it to attack. If it takes a cue to fuck off then just go on with doing what I was doing, but keeping a much higher alert than before. If it wants to be ballsy and attack, then I play the self defense card, which isn’t really inaccurate. Cougars aren’t big cats, and they’d much prefer to stalk and attack opportunistic targets rather than go on an all out assault, so no reason to waste ammo and get into any legal trouble when it can be easily avoided by scaring the bugger off, which for the most part isn’t hard to do. Same goes for most predatory animals barring shit like hippos and maybe jaguars, especially in the Americas.
Oh people will know. How they take it is very debatable, but they will know on top of cougars being a protected species.

This BUT you have to commit to it, no half-assing the charge and no stopping once you start.

Tranquilize it, cage it, and make it my bitch for the rest of its life. Eventually ride it around like that russian with his bear.

They arent protected on the west coast. You are so fucking stupid. If I see a cougar draw your gun, yell at it, and fire warning shot at safe backstop (unless in national park.) That should get it to fuck off.

What do you think it'd do if you threw a baseball sized rock at it and landed the hit?

This is the important part. Most animals don't want confrontation.

How are people going to be able to tell it was you?

Hearing multiple gunshots?

>Hears gunshots
>Oh! That must be user!

>take out laser pointer
>lead kitty to the nearest cliff
Nothing personell, kitku.

Wait what's wrong with killing a cougar? It's a predatory animal that stalks its prey right? I would just shoot it and know that there is one less thing that can fuck my shit up.

Come on user. Wild cats are rare, even if not on protected list. They require a lot of territory. In Poland they still exist, but are very rare and extremly endangered.
We should have more predators, this soft, sandbox like nature sucks.
Don't be a dick.

Keep my eyes on it.
Don't turn around and run.
Have my gun out just incase (your innawoods, should already have a rifle)
Just slowly back off while watching it.
Have had to do that several times at my in laws property in CO. Usually if you catch them out in the open like that, they know they can't Ambush you, they usually leave you alone.

They're not rare, endangered or even threatened in multiple states here.

I'd avoid harming cute mountain lion as much as possible. Big kot.

Attached: 1508793954798.jpg (800x287, 99K)

Pull my pants down and assert my dominance.

Mountain lion play a vital role in keeping other species populations in check.

You're retarded. Here in Oregon there is a "Cougar Quota". Kill one outside the quota and get caught, expect some heat from department of wildlife.
dfw.state.or.us/wildlife/living_with/cougars.asp

Protected doesnt mean "cant kill" it means there are rules to killing. God damn you summerfags are insufferable.

Regardless they play a vital role in game species culling and population management. Kill enough of them and deer, elk, etc populations explode.

>keeping other species populations in check
e.g. hoomans

Plug it with as many rounds as I could get on target. Try to get a lethal shot on the first one but after that it's just fuck off holes.

Yeah and I also play a vital role of staying alive too. Your point?

>Caught staring at a cougar staring back at me?
My experience has been, if you buy them a drink they’ll allow you to mate with them.

No shit. As a young bartender I wish it for once sub 40 year olds would flirt with me for once. My mommy needs to be 6ft plus. Not old.

>What would Jow Forums do in this situation?
I'd shoot it in the face.

>Summerfag
No shit asshat, but I don't need to know the specifics of those fucking rules if I am merely forced to kill it in self defense.

same as i do with gators, crouch and approach slowly, none have taken me up on my offer to wrassle yet.

I would fuck it.

t. A Canadian

youtube.com/watch?v=V8pfqGYnQbE

It's just a big kitty

user we get it you just want to kill things

Jesus christ what the fuck am i looking at

In most fucking cases the Cougar ain't even going to hurt you, and you don't need to shoot it or even fire off your gun to scare it off. Its a fucking retard maneuver.

>this kills the Jow Forumsommando
I get stalked by wolves all the time.

Attached: wolf.webm (1280x720, 1.21M)

It took me a full minute to figure out what the fuck this was

run away

Last time I was in a situation like this, it was night.
Needless to say I started shooting

I was stalked by a cougar at night in the forests of the Washington State peninsula. There were two of us walking trails at night, and at one point i turned around with my flash light and saw two eyes shining back at me. They slunk down into the bush but didnt run away. I had a 30-30 rifle and pointed it at the animal. Decided not to fire. Walked back to camp.
I'm pretty sure it was a cougar because nothing else in the area fits that behavior. A deer would just have ran away, not been hiding behind me. There are no wolves, bears dont behave like that.

If you got a jacket or something spread it out above your head, make yourself look larger

>Some rando hiker hears 5 gunshots in BFE
>"Help my fuck, that must be those cougar poachers at it again. I'll notify the authorities immediately."
If it's found, it will be far too eaten/decomposed to matter.

fucking suburbanites

Would a cougar be able to tell if you're stalking it?

The murder cube demands blood from all, both man and beast.

I only spoke of the legality of shooting of them as an afterthought. What comes first is your life, but why risk extra trouble before you NEED to use your gun?
I would certainly recommend having it out and ready to shoot, yes, because IF that Cougar decides to hunt you a blade will likely not save you... But why shoot something when you do not know if it is a threat or not?

Definitely a Cougar. As I said, they like to play hide and scare with people.

if there's no proof to say otherwise you can just say it was running toward you and there's fuck all anyone can do about it without eye witnesses, same with bears, wolves and feral hogs

I am reminded of a VERY old south park episode.

"its coming right for us!"

fuck it

Attached: 1552496844709.jpg (800x800, 163K)

Tilt your head to the left.

I usually spread the jacket on the ground so my knees don't get dirty after I get down on all fours to let it clap my cheeks

I've actually came across a cougar while deer hunting. There's a fence line towards the back of the property that I was following it when I came across a mama cougar and her two good sized pups (kittens?). I was probably 35-40 yards away when I spotted them. I was carrying a SIG P938 at the time, pulled it out, and slowly walked back to my four wheeler. Haven't seen a cougar since, but this is 5,000+ acres of land.

Kneel, ready rifle at its head, stare down and fire if it shows ANY signs of coming closer.

>kneel
No, don't make yourself smaller. Cougars are predators, and if they get a choice they'll take the easiest meal they can. You make yourself look smaller, they start thinking how hard it'll be to tear you down. Stand as large as you can and be as loud as possible.

Agreed. Make yourself an annoyance to it, dangerous to it, but neither interesting nor weak.

>Make yourself an annoyance to it
So I should furiously shitpost at it, tell it about the Jews?

no, you should furryiously shitpost at it, and maybe tell it about 'Cons'

I ain't gonna tell ya what to say, but a cougar only comes to see you for two reasons: Boredom or Hunger.
If you want peace of mind and for it to leave, make some fucking noise and try to intimidate it.

Fuck, now I got a mental image of a cougar running from a sperging out hunter screaming shit at it...

>"WAIT! I NEED TO EXPLAIN THE TALMUD AND HOW IT REVEALS THEIR TRUE NATURE TO YOU!!!!"

I'd give it a steak and tell it to fuck off.

who cares about this situation, what worries me is what happens if it's already decided to make prey of me. anyone who isn't a serious quickdraw is fucked. I practice more often than my barely-armed pleb peers, but I still figure I'll never get my sights on a cat in time if it's already decided to run at me. unlike with a bear, you won't hear it until it's too late, if you don't notice it visually first. if I go my whole life never seeing one of these face to face, it'll be a good thing.

>"If in the very unusual event that a cougar attacks you, fight back with rocks, sticks, bear or pepper spray, tools or any items available."

nah. You can kill one if it attacks you, which I am sure that means coming at you. There's a separate tab for "hunting cougars" and the quota. Like the other user says, draw gun, stare it down, back away slowly, and make noise. I don't know about warning shots, but I bet a gunshot will scare it away.

Fucking cityfags have no place on this board.

Dude that's obviously a mongoose in disguise

usually people hiking about in the wild don't have their faces buried in their phone and are actually pretty alert to their surroundings. But these things do hunt by being sneaky. I really doubt they'd get you in one go, many accounts of attacks have the person in a bloody struggle. I guess it would throw you off a lot by surprise and panic will probably set in, but if it's on you, that's pretty much contact shooting. Hell, even if you can't get to your gun, I am sure you have a knife as well. Predators like these don't like having to fight to the death or be hurt severely for food unless they're desperate as fuck.

Unless of course you're so unlucky that it gets right on your jugulars or you lose yourself into panic.

He looks just as curious and vigilant as the dumb canuck probably looked staring back at him. Animals, especially cats because they're autistic (not typically being pack animals) don't have the same socialization we have. They're wild fucking animals. If they're afraid or curious they're going to posture up like that and look at you wondering wtf you're doing in their house.

Most bears are also pretty passive towards humans. But the way they socialize is to "false charge" other bears they feel are too close, and will do the same to people trying to scare them out of their space. As seen in:

youtu.be/Bkwy0scRXBU

What some of you need to realize is that just seeing an animal in your vicinity, or even one that's acknowledging you being there, isn't necessarily a threat. Just keep eyes on it and keep moving along. Don't come into it's house/habitat and shoot it for being there or acting weird. You're much more dangerous than even most predatory animals with just a fucking 9mm handgun. A gun trumps their claws and teeth any day, a fucking spear would fuck up their day in the hands of a trained wielder. We are the ones with the unfair advantage, stop being so afraid.

You can't stalk a cougar, so nobody knows.

cute dog

I'm polish and i didn't even know they're here

A cougar doesn't know what a gun is. You could do a slow draw so as not to spook it.

>bear just coolin' eating acorns n shit
>lady follows it around with a camera trying to get it to charge her
>VOTE JOHN CORZINE BCUZ IM A STUPID LIBKEK WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE WILD ANIMALS IN SHITTY ASS SUBURBAN NEW JERSEY
>lady keeps fucking with bear trying to get it to charge her again
C'mon natural selection...C'mon natural selection...

Fairly well stated^^^.

I live fairly close to where this vid was shot, so am somewhat aware of Cougar behaviour, even though they tend to be quite elusive by nature As you state, cats are curious, but Cougars typically won't pose a threat to adult humans. I will state, however, that I wouldn't trust them around small toddlers, especially if they're the 'screechy high pitch' type with their voices. That is something that could potentially lead to an issue, if not monitored.

Lots of Black Bears around here too, and they generally won't cause a problem, as long as you utilize common sense.

Venture into Grizzly Country? That's where many of us will bust out the 12 Gauge or .45-70, just to keep handily close by...

Well OP, I have a lot of experience with cougars. And one thing I know for sure is that they are absolutely repulsed when I unload a hot blast to their face.

Underrated

Yall forgot about this tactical tactic?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-21-12-31-00.png (720x1280, 708K)

>kneel
Why dont you douse the back of your neck in bbq sauce while your at it

relatively speaking, you are much less valuable to your race than that cougar is to his

based

Kek'd

Once had a mountain lion come into my camp in Tennessee
>hurr they don’t exist TWRA says so
Ask anyone who hunts around turkey scratch or fults cove and you know twra is bullshit.
Anyways
>wake up in the middle of the night because something is rustling
>think it’s a raccoon do I get out of my tent with just my flashlight
>fucking mountain lion.jpg
>we both freeze
>I’m staring at it, it’s staring at me but probably can’t see me because of the light
>remember thread about asserting dominance from a humor thread
>do the first thing that comes to my mind, pitch my flashlight at it and yell “get out of here faggot!”
>hit it in the ribs and it runs off, make a mental note to come out of a tent with a gun from now on

>be hangery tiger
>stalk streetshitter innawoods
>fuck, he's still lookin, can't attack
>streetshitter stops, pulls down pants
>SHIT COMES OUT THE FRONT NOW, TOO!?

>run away, become vegetarian
>now hangery and confused

Attached: wK8nNJU.png (922x1091, 898K)

Just pack some of the new civilian legal frags. Pop the pin and toss it.

But for most part you won't even know the cat is there unless it's a youngen.

It is scary af when you see a tree shake and hear one scream and then turkeys go flying.

That's why I keep a appropriate caliber weapon with me. 10mm and 300 blackout ar pistol.