1911 Desert Scorpion

My boss just gifted me a SIG 1911 Desert Scorpion. I have never owned a 1911 and I haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet. Anyone have any experience with these handguns? Nice shooter or overpriced garbage?

Attached: 211029_2.jpg (1000x1000, 110K)

>My boss just gifted me a SIG 1911 Desert Scorpion
Fucking YES ! Muh freedom n´shit !

I have one, hasn’t jammed in 1k rounds, fear of external extractor problems is overblown, shoots well

Its a 1k+ 1911, it’ll run fine

Yeah.

>gifts you a 1911

where the fuck do you work that your boss would do this? I dont believe this at all you lying faggot.

Is your boss single, OP?

Raytheon

He's not married

>overpriced garbage?

there are some cases where getting something for free can still be a rip off but i dont think a sig 1911 qualifies

>SIG
Sell it and never look back. I don't think Indian poo in loo pot metal can even handle a low pressure cartridge like .45ACP. Get rid of it unless you want hamburger helper hands OP

Congrats on your new pistol dude. Have a nice day and hope she treats you nicely

Attached: 1475619854414.jpg (1000x750, 105K)

What is this? Did I miss the memo?

I just sent mine back for warranty work. Pulling the trigger with the hammer back and safety on caused it to drop to half-cock when the safety was disengaged. You might try that test before carrying it. That being said, I'm super happy with their customer service.

Did he wink and nudge you when he gave it to you? Did he say
>You know what needs to be done.

They're good 1911s. If you didn't pay for it even better.

How many loads did he shoot in your mouth for him to buy you that?

Where do you work and how do I apply?

No loads, he's just rich af and I was the lead on a massive audit we just passed with flying colors.

Again... Raytheon

He rubbed my shoulders and whispered "this can all be yours someday."

I got a buddy that worked for Raytheon in Tucson. Can confirm weapons manufacturing companies are rich and have cool people working there. Good for you user.

My nigga, you here in Augusta?

it's obv a shoop, but there's a definite possibility that it was a joke custom job

Care to elaborate? I have the same 1911 as op and you’re the second user I’ve seen saying something about sig being Indian

Attached: A1DB93D5-66A6-43CC-A245-C25738905C82.gif (250x250, 1.04M)

>joke custom job
I... I think it's gorgeous...

should have gave it back and told him to get you one without a rail

I have a Sig 1911. It’s nice. The previous owner had put an aftermarket trigger and grips on it, but it felt a lot nicer when i put the factory stuff back on. I’ve got probably 5k through it at least, and a couple thousand of those are suppressed.

I’ve had one failure due to ammo, one failure due to a mag, and one failure the first time I fired suppressed because I had over oiled it and it got gummed up after about a hundred rounds. I love my sig.

They MIM cast a lot of parts in India

Quick summary, yes. Not incredible by any means, but a simple, reliable 1911. A bit heavy and chunky compared to normal 1911's, but in terms of how it actually fires, handles, and how the recoil is, its a nice gun. Kudos to your boss.

Attached: alex_jones_new_vegas.jpg (477x467, 33K)

>rail
Use it on your boss.

>My boss just gifted me
did you suck his dick?

Sig 1911s are pretty great. Never had any problems with mine.

Attached: 20190311_181838_1553432575113.jpg (720x960, 151K)

Tucson? You need it for the first mile of your commute

Cool he did that though, it’s the comfiest sig 1911

>boss literally taking you under his wing and grooming you
>at Raytheon
Absolutely fucking based and tony stark pilled

If anything is MIM'd it's not gonna be critical pressure bearing parts like the slide, barrel, or frame, you stupid fuck. It would be small parts like the trigger, hammer, thumb safety, grip safety, or barrel bushing.

The gun ain't gonna blow up in OP's hands, stop being a fucking retard.

i highly doubt anyone even makes cast barrels and the slide doesn't really hold any real force from the round firing except the bolt face area, but even still it isn't exposed to that much pressure. so even if the slide was casted out of shit metal i can't see how it would explode on you.

i could absolutely see it cracking from the simple stress of the action moving but even then the barrel will contain 99% of the force and whatever is left will just make it fall apart.

Dude, I totally feel like Tony Stark at work