Jack Of All Trades; Master Of None

Alright Jow Forums, today I'm going to explain a concept that I think is painfully misunderstood by this community. Either that or subject to retarded trolling. Why does Multicam work so damn well? Why is it not only a jack of all trades, but a master of MANY?

Let me clarify, this is not just for Mulicam. It's for any transitional/multi-environment/neutral brown, green base camouflage pattern. It could be MTP or All Terrain Tiger just as well.

The fact of the matter is, biomes and their coloration are entirely dependent on physical factors. They do not possess characteristics that eschew modern biological understanding. Environments with high humidity are tropical environments. They tend to have dark plant matter, specifically constructed to absorb copious amounts of sunlight. Environments with low humidity are arid environments. These tend to have very little or no plant matter. Surface reflectivity is high. Any environment that has very little or no change to its plant life and surface reflectivity year-round is a monoclimate.

THE VAST MAJORITY OF EARTH IS NOT A MONOCLIMATE

Human beings tend to not live in monoclimates because they present very harsh living conditions. Even in the modern era with modern technology, people looking to live in a desert will build irrigation and grow plant life. In a jungle they will clear cut an area to provide living space and a controlled water source.

People live and wage war in mixed vegetation environments. Picking a pattern for a monoclimate limits movement and sacrifices too much in the way of versatility to be a good option.

TL;DR: People who say OCP doesn't work well are dumb faggots.

Attached: Why Multicam.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i85taLntMTc
youtube.com/watch?v=UH6KvqN4UhE
youtube.com/watch?v=1d9A8JUnkqk
youtube.com/watch?v=mYL7nwdOYSA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There was already a thread that you were getting assblasted in, you don't need to make a new one.

>let a picture that I took time to build get buried in a sea of bullshit

Nope.

>Jack Of All Trades; Master Of None
is this an F-35 thread?

TLDR

Good stuff and good luck convincing the morons.

>Yeah multicam is so great it's highly effective in places that look like pic related.
No it's fucking garbage, in fact Flektarn is the correct choice here.

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 9K)

Does it even matter when thermal cameras start at $500 now?

Flecktarn comes in like 20 different versions ranging from red to black. It is objectively worse than multicam which is why Germany is replacing it. You should know this krautfag.

OCP is a very proven and versatile camouflage pattern. It's just off the mere fact that it isn't cool looking to wear when just walking out and about is why Jow Forums despises it. It works great, it just isn't A E S T H E T I C.
We've had "IR camo" embedded into uniforms since the BDU. Are they great? Not really, but they're something.

Attached: Jungle Multicam US Army SF.jpg (1080x832, 184K)

OD green base with a mix of coyote gear, preferably both slightly faded and dirty, are a very versatile combination. Even faded woodland BDU isnt bad in some more marginal arid environments that still have base scrub grass and sage.

Why fuck yourself out of an actual pattern that works better?

>blocks your path

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1024x724, 266K)

I dont want to wear what the current US military wears.

I agree with you. I choose tan. Works...fine. Whatever I'm not a soldier anymore.

Attached: 2-1a.jpg (1457x2069, 1.03M)

Those are evergreen trees, they don't change color nor do they lose their foliage. Just need winter pattern Flektarn for half the year.

The trees might be evergreen, but the bushes arent, and you may notice about 50% of the trees are dead snags, so in late autumn before the snow comes, its going to be a pretty sparse and brown environment.

You have gone innawoods in late october, havent you user?

>camouflaging for canopy
Rookie move bro. Rookie move.

Attached: IMG_0410.png (1179x1540, 450K)

Don't worry user, theres a multicam for forests too!

Attached: tropic guy.jpg (674x450, 438K)

MC tropic panders to idiots who are worried about if their camouflage works in a 1x1 mile swamp for a single month out of the year. Marpat woodland is worlds better because it at least works when you aren't in a bush.

Attached: 1242709075.jpg (1339x747, 383K)

>Posting some random faggot
>Not posting based Brent0331
rah

Attached: Screenshot (232).png (1920x1080, 3.42M)

Multicam is boring because everyone and their mother is using it now. It's much more fun when each country designs its own camo.

Based Georgian on the right.

Why’s he have blackface on? There’s no black in his camo.

Yeah, but now every new pattern that countries make just has colors closer to multicam. They still look cool in my opinion.

>make a green camo that isn't saturated with bullshit black blobs

Ooh wow, I'm sure they were the first ones to crack that code.

Attached: 1965843454.jpg (740x657, 224K)

Black isn't bad to have in camo patterns. Change my mind.

Attached: Fug.jpg (600x797, 61K)

It isn’t bad at all but it’s best to use it sparsely in the pattern.

Okay, I'll try.

Refer to my original pic When used in copious amounts like m81, black looks over saturated. It just makes the wearer appear dark compared to the French lizard pattern.

Here are videos comparing patterns that have a lot of black in them versus patterns without. The results here again are obvious.

Tiger Stripe:
youtube.com/watch?v=i85taLntMTc
Flecktarn:
youtube.com/watch?v=UH6KvqN4UhE

ATACS FG:
youtube.com/watch?v=1d9A8JUnkqk
Mossy Oak Obsession:
youtube.com/watch?v=mYL7nwdOYSA

The intent of black is to add depth to the pattern and mimic shadows. The issue is that often times the actual shadows appear to be less dark or are absent altogether. You can run into a lot of problems if your pattern is built for heavy shadows when there aren't any. Plus, a wearer of a given pattern without black will still benefit from real shadows providing contrast if they are underneath canopy.

If you use less black, the saturation effect will be less. Pic related. Marpat is more effective n my opinion because it reduces the degree to which is saturates the wearer.

Rifle painting as a practice in the Rhodesian Bush War came out of interrogations of captured POWs. They relayed that what was giving the soldiers away was not their camouflage pattern, but their black rifles and exposed skin on their legs from the famous Rhodesian shorts. They stopped issuing the shorts and mandated FALs be camouflage painted.

Black is just easy to pick out.

Attached: m81-marpat-woodland.jpg (1200x800, 434K)

It's better than exposed skin.

The way that guy talks...so much autism.

>We've had "IR camo" embedded into uniforms since the BDU.
What even is that? They always test the patterns under "NIR", but the shit always looks terrible regardless. People even claimed UCP was good for night vision, but it sucks too. I'm amazed they haven't come out with a suit to conceal your heat signature yet.

Attached: ANA-MARPAT-OCP-UCP_small.jpg (447x496, 61K)

>TL;DR: People who say OCP doesn't work well are dumb faggots.
I'd argue the same for UCP. It was vastly underrated, based on milanons seeing them up close and very clean and civfags seeing them up close in pictures. At a decent distance, UCP really starts to disappear into the surroundings. I've literally driven past a formation in ACUs and both kinds of BDU, the ACUs were harder to notice. Background was desert down low and green mountains up high

Attached: 1534871184939.jpg (2128x1417, 2.13M)

Summer BDUs were so comfy. Even in the winter I thought they were better than Winter BDUs. So what that they were thinner, since they were denser too. IMO summer BDUs did a better job keeping the wind out than the softer, fuzzier winter BDUs. Throw on a field jacket or a parka if it gets too cold for summer BDUs

Most of the praise that I hear about those old uniforms is how comfortable they were. I missed out I guess. Everything is fire retardant now.

I don't think it's good camo in any sense, but it does look good combined with PCUs.

Attached: Picture014.jpg (799x531, 95K)

if only the muh reens didnt patent it to try and feel special.