Why does Jow Forums seem to hate competition shooting so much?

Attached: uspsa.jpg (150x224, 8K)

It requires actual skill and demands constant practice.

Because it requires shooting and money, of which 99% of Jow Forums has neither.

Fpbp

true

its really not that expensive. Its only about 120 - 200 rounds per club match which is under 30 bucks, way less if you reload your own. Most clubs only shoot once a month

> Jow Forums hates competition
We're not a hive mind. Even plenty of us Timmys like it in addition to the boring old drills, and if you can afford it, force on force.

Anyway, look at that fucking A zone. The target is one of the few things IPDA does better. Shit's ridiculous. I'd say they should lop the bottom half off, but that would just make Major scoring even more bullshit.

It requires actually owning a firearm which about 95% of Jow Forums is excluded from

as a primarily IDPA shooter I completely agree. IDPA has harder targets, USPSA has harder stages / planning.

I actually did a comparison one day. IDPA has an easier headshot but is less forgiving everywhere on the body.

Attached: perfs.jpg (300x467, 55K)

Pay for performance gamers ruin it for practically-minded average joes, just like most (non-shotgun) shooting sports

In my experience, as long as you are shooting production in USPSA or SSP in IDPA, its the Indian not the arrow. Ive seen guys with bone stock CZs or Glocks just destroy 2011 users. Look at Bob Vogel.

One, production division, my man. Just accept that stage planners give zero fucks about you. Two, average joes aren't going to be within a stone throw score of A class and above in any division, and by the time you are, it's not that hard to pony up the cash for a Shadow or a Tanfo Stock.

Because people hate gamer raceguns in paintballer jerseys and how it teaches bad tactical habits like "never break 180" and never using cover

Your average shooter off the street wouldnt even make it to C class lol. Im A class production and feel like a god when I do some live fire at my local range and Im not even that good.

That being said I genuinely anyone can make it to B class within a year of starting if they just show up and shoot.

have you ever seen or been to a match in any of the games? IDPA is based completely on cover. The 180 is a safety rule only, so joe sixpack doesnt point a loaded gun at an entire squad of shooters in the bay. Are you literally a brainlet?

> never break 180
Is this not alreafy a rule at your hot range?
> Never use cover
Cardboard doesn't shoot back. First rounds that zips over someone's head, they'll find cover.

Wot? 3gun is fucking retarded choreography, 2gun is irrelevant other than being cool, practical and fun, cowboy action is an exercise in minimal loading, IDPA and IPSC are good shit.

Jow Forums are mostly cod kiddies who want to be tactical

>IPSC
>3gun
Cringe
>Olympic shooting
>regular marksmanship
Respect
>Biathlon
Mad respect

olympic shooting

>muh .32 auto!

at least its a form of competition I suppose

I came here to post this.
Basement dwellers hate all the things they cannot do from their basement

Who the hell here genuinely doesn’t like that?
Your typical Average Joe won’t be that into it perhaps, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be while also preferring practicality.

Kinda this. I do it, but I do it to work my carry gun. But there's constantly the pressure to do what's more "competitive". Shave a few seconds here, with the owb low cut holster. Maybe pick up milliseconds with powderpuff loads and really light trigger, etc.

IDPA rules are considerably more than that, and it's why I can't do it. The whole point is to run your carry gear, or at least it's supposed to be. But I can't do that, because I appendix. And the retard vests. Fuck that.

As a broke as shit scrub, who has only been to the ranger once, I can vouch for this.

It's .32 S&W Long.

Ill concede that they need to allow appendix carry. That being said, as an SO you dont know how many times ive seen super senior joe fishing around with his muzzle trying to find his collapsed leather holster while muzzling his kidneys. I can understand why they are slow to change.

Also you dont have to use a vest. The only requirement is that your gear is concealed when your arms are held out to your sides. Some people just wear a shirt over their pouches and holster

I did IDPA - it was very rulesy and tick tacky. Idk i might try it again one day but it wasn’t that fun.

You might prefer USPSA then. Way less rules, more run and gun and tons more freedom on how you plan the stage. You can pretty much do what you want within the safety rules.

That's really my problem with it. I'm willing to accept unsafe stuff as offlimits, sincerely. And if that were the argument, don't allow these other fuckwits to flag themselves on draw and reholster like some retard on prom night going at a bra clasp, and handle it on a case by case basis. With appendix, it's about the only thing you can properly index it, all within your field of view, and not even flag so much as a twinge of ass cheek or leg.
I was unaware of this. The guys from the club I go to told me a COVER GARMENT was necessary, as in a specific garment. For covering your gun. I tried to do the shirt thing, and they told me I was getting off on the wrong foot with the appendix, and trying to bend the rules with throwing the shirt over it after I already changed holsters for it. I said fuck it and didn't go back.

I shoot more USPSA, and it's a lot of fun. If you can keep the gamesmanship stuff out of your head, it's good practice with carry gear, too.

Sounds like a shit club which isnt representative of the whole sport. Sorry you had a bad experience! Those SOs should have known better. A concealment garment is anything that fully conceals your equipment when your arms are extended out to your sides like a T

Nice. Maybe I'll give it a shot again with a different group. The local guys at the same club who put on the USPSA stuff were really cool about it, so I've been doing more of that. I feel like doing both would be valuable, though.

absolutely this. if you wanna run carry gear and dont carry apendix, production division is perfect. If you do run appendix you will have to shoot in limited which will put you at a disadvantage score wise (since youll probably be shooting minor and with a more compact gun with less rounds) but if you dont worry about the score and just worry about muscle memory and improving in general, youll be far better off than before you started playing the game

Airgun postal matches. Perfect basement shooting sport. There is no reason to not compete

USPSA is generally a younger crowd, and like to make fun of the IDPA "timmies" which is sometimes warranted and sometimes not. On average I find USPSA produces a higher caliber of shooter due to a deeper pool of competitors and more challenging stage design. That being said I shoot more IDPA than USPSA but they both compliment eachother well. USPSA is more focused on speed and IDPA is more focused on accuracy and using cover.

im thinking about getting a bunch of target stands and hosting some 2 gun matches at my local range with some friends. the only problem is there is no 180 degree bay.

Sucks you dont have any bays man. 2 gun has always been more intersting IMO than 3 gun with the stupid extended shotgun aspect of it. I wish some clubs in my area offered it but unfortunately none do