Could a modern MBT survive driving through f5 tornadic winds?

Could a modern MBT survive driving through f5 tornadic winds?

Attached: m1a2-abrams-battle-tank-01.jpg (1200x800, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_(tank)#Nuclear_tests
youtube.com/watch?v=Rqq1XtHauoc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah.

Yeah

I wouldnt worry about it

Determine the force of the wind load on the Tank. This is done using the formula F = 1/2 rho x v^2 x A x C where F is the force of the wind load in pounds, rho is the air density, v is the wind velocity, A is the surface area of the tank and C is a dimensionless drag coefficient (assumed to be 1.0).

From the side:
1/2 x 0.075 x 318^2 x (26*12) x 1.0

now calculate if that is enough to push the tank

somebody do the math i know its possible but beyond my ability

f5 force winds some number

wind resistance of modern MBT plus weight

there's your answer

No it'd rip the turret right off. Tanks aren't built to survive winds just under the speed of sound.

You're such a retard holy shit

I was a 19k and I remeber that 6psi pressure means we r kill

>F5 tornado
>Anywhere near transonic
No. EF5 starts at 200mph and goes up from there. 200mph gusts would have 102.4psf. Buildings made to withstand 100mph winds, for reference, are made to 25psf requirements.

Once you start going north of 300mph, you might start seeing a bit of movement, but lifting not so much, and the tank is most certainly fucking useless and blind well before F5, other than as a storm shelter.

So, no, it will not survive driving in those winds, because they'll probably run into something or off a ledge or some shit because you aren't seeing shit.

>6psi
>six pounds
>A six pound weight one inch in surface area will kill an Abrams
uwot?

No retard, not six pounds of force locally. Six pounds of air pressure per square inch around the tank. It's probably too much for the filtration system or some shit

MBTs weight around 60 tons on a very compact design.
No earth made wind would be strong enough to lift a MBT.

EF5 winds have been known to lift train cars, which can weigh over 100 tons. A tank is not going to survive a major (EF5) tornado.

>what is surface area

Attached: 1549740717206.jpg (800x795, 77K)

Semi-related question, could a tank drive directly through a typical suburban house if it needed to?

Attached: How-to-Buy-a-House-with-Low-Income-This-Year.jpg (1920x1080, 335K)

It would fall into the basement like the Killdozer did

Yeah

6psi pressure differential on one whole side vs the other means we r kill

I realize this sounds obvious now but many homes do not have a basement.
t. lived in virginia and now florida

Good job now all the fucking yuropoors are going to comment on american home building techniques

>No earth made wind would be strong enough to lift a MBT.
But what if we need to fight a war suspended in the Neptunian atmosphere?

>Filename

Attached: 51D1AE9F-56DA-4A4A-A7C5-34B650340864.jpg (1004x1090, 748K)

The tank, sure.
The house it flies through, not so much.

A self-propelled artillery that has ground anchors potentially could

It would get thrashed about pretty badly, and the crew inside probably wouldn't survive the pressure changes.

May depend on which way the tank is facing opposed to the wind. I know a lot of cold war era MBTs were designed to be at least somewhat resistant to the blast effect of nuclear weapons within a certain distance, which I have to imagine far exceed anything you'd encounter in a tornado. Pic related; somewhere there's great footage of the Swedes putting this thing in a wind tunnel sort of thing to simulate a nuclear blast to see if it would flip. I did not.

Attached: Stridsvagn 103B(1).jpg (1920x1241, 481K)

That doesn't make any fucking sense. Atmospheric pressure is already 14.7 psi.

Looks like a 200mph wind works out to somewhat less than 1psi. A 300mph wind should still be under 6psi.

>The mbt is obsolete because ambient pressure is 14psi and the tank can only handle 6psi overpressure.

Well I guess that wraps that debate up.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_(tank)#Nuclear_tests

>we will rebuild

Easily, even brick houses would be pretty easy to drive straight through.
>also that file name

Attached: average-american-Wood-framed-house.jpg (1083x546, 136K)

Yeah it's almost like everything we make is made to exist in that pressure environment

He obviously means differential air pressure between the outside and inside of the tank.

You fags realize that the every midwest town has a tank on display, right.
I lived near Pierce City when it was hit by an F-3 which when right over the National Guard Armory and the Sherman sitting in front of it.
The Sherman took the whole of the tornado and ended up shifting about 3 feet, they was no visible damage.

Better question, what would it take to stop a tank?
Would 2 layers of reber reinforced cinderblocks work?

You can drive through a house with the average four door sedan

kekd

Not to be a dick, but maybe you shouldn't be posting military hardware's maximum specifications on the internet.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rqq1XtHauoc

Nuclear shock wave tests start at 15:22.

Thank you for posting this information about the imperialist Abrams, comrade.

Which all gauges read as Zero as they are calibrated for 1atm.

But if tanks right side is at 14.7psi, and tanks left side is 20.7psi, that's a lot of si for the 6p to work on.

Tornadoes are cool as fuck. Why no one weaponized them? You could wipe out entire bases if you could create one

6psi means you are within about a few thousand meters of a nuclear blast my dude

Because that comes out to over 860 psf. That’s probably enough oomph to slide you around like a hockey puck. Until you hook a track on a curb or something and start tumbling.

Bush already tried that, destroyed half the mid west

Depends on if it has a basement, if it doesn't, it'll get through easily, if it does, the tank will get stuck, most likely with it's "ass" up in the air. I'd consider operating a tank in a suburban or urban area being fairly risky, considering how many places can unintentionally act as anti-vehicle ditches.

>military hardware's maximum specifications on the internet
hahaha now i can make a psi gun to we r kill tank operators

Attached: 1556673969070.png (624x595, 307K)

Probably. A lot of the exterior features will get damaged to shit but it'll likely handle it. Just in case find a ditch or somewhere where it's firmly planted against a wall or something.

t. tornado

my bet is that the cars that were lifted were empty. 100 T would be a loaded car.

>American construction """quality"""

Attached: IMG_20190226_144302838_HDR.jpg (2268x1803, 527K)